Can't Send or Receive Mail in WLM

I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender, Spyware
Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send mail. Getting
error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages download ok and I
can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access the internet with Firefox
just fine. I Googled the error code and tried looking for suspicious
certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am really not sure what to look for, or
what to do.  Here's the exact error message:

"Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your server
has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include
server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No"

I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through my
RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears wrong at the
server end of things.

Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Paul
9/12/2010 2:25:13 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 6 followers. Follow

If it was working and you haven't made any changes, then it's likely the
server and you need to call Road Runner about it.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender,
> Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send
> mail. Getting error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages
> download ok and I can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access
> the internet with Firefox just fine. I Googled the error code and
> tried looking for suspicious certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am
> really not sure what to look for, or what to do.  Here's the exact
> error message:
>
> "Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your
> server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity.
>
> Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
> Protocol: POP3
> Port: 110
> Secure(SSL): No"
>
> I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through
> my RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears
> wrong at the server end of things.
>
> Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
> appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Michael
9/12/2010 8:01:17 PM
Hi Mike. Thanks for you suggestion.  So far, at 7 pm tonight, things appear
to be working except most computer functions are really slow. I've done a
restore and that seemed to do the most good, but the speed is not where it
should be.
Paul C.

"Michael Santovec" <michael@santovec.XXX> wrote in message
> If it was working and you haven't made any changes, then it's likely the
> server and you need to call Road Runner about it.
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "Paul Calcagno" <pcalcagno@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I'm running Vista HP (SP2),  with 2 GB of RAM, Windows Defender, Spyware
>> Doctor, MBAM, SAS.  All of a sudden I can't receive or send mail. Getting
>> error message in WLM of 0X800CCC0F.  Newsgroup messages download ok and I
>> can see my contacts and calendar ok. I can access the internet with
>> Firefox just fine. I Googled the error code and tried looking for
>> suspicious certificates in `certmgr.msc' but am really not sure what to
>> look for, or what to do.  Here's the exact error message:
>>
>> "Unable to send or receive messages for the Paul's WLM account. Your
>> server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
>> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
>> inactivity.
>>
>> Server: 'pop-server.cfl.rr.com'
>> Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
>> Protocol: POP3
>> Port: 110
>> Secure(SSL): No"
>>
>> I also get a server error message when I try to read my mail through my
>> RoadRunner mail server or using `Mail2web' so something appears wrong at
>> the server end of things.
>>
>> Not sure what to do other than doing a restart. Any help would be
>> appreciated...........Paul C.

0
Paul

Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up
Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so I don't know if this will work in other versions. Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5. Go to File>Print Merge At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change copies per sheet and print range or all. This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on that page. I ...

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Word as Outlook e-mail editor
I'm using Windows XP and Microsoft Office XP standard, 2002 version. Word has always been my e-mail editor, but today when I tried to respond to an e-mail I got the following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." After a delay, the form opens, but when I click "Send," Outlook crashes. Any suggestions? ...

Sending mail from remote location

Send and Recieve Fix

mail size restriction
how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and ims You can set restrictions on the IMS,. Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However, by forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA, you can accomplish that as well. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value : No Local Delivery Type: DWORD Value: 0x1 Test of course! On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Unable to send?

Good practise
THanks for your reply. Wil this be fine even if my users have mailboxes round about 1GB. My GM's mailbox is 4GB. Can i start moving the mails back to the exchange DB and how will it affect the performance of my exchange box.Thank you craig >I suggest applying Exchange SP2, editing registry to allow DB size to >accommodate your storage needs and increasing storage limits. >After all, .psts are kept on the server too, taking space. Message in >.pst needs the same or more disk space than in Exchange DB. Also the >same message sent to many recipients stored in Exchange DB...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Clicking on new mail notification does not open email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I finally upgraded from WLM 2 to 3 (14.0.8089.0726) this afternoon (Win = XP SP2). When I get a new mail notification via Messenger and click on = it the email does not open. I have to go to the inbox to open it. Any = ideas? Kevin ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01CACB73.FC871830 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Forwarding Mail to an external Address
I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that distribution group, to an external email address. Is this possible? I tried to set up the rule, but could not get it to work. Thanks On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:17:01 -0700, RayRedSoxFan <RayRedSoxFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I receive email as I am a member of a distribution group. I want to set a >rule up in Outlook to automatically forward items addressed to that >distribution group, to an external email address. Is this p...

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...