Can't change New Message Window Size

I  have Windows Live Mail set to reduce the overall size. I did have New
Message reduced so it doesn't take up the whole screen. Somehow that got
changed and now it fills the whole page and decreasing the New Message window
box does nothing.

> Somehow that got changed and now it fills the whole page and decreasing
> the New Message window box does nothing.

Annoying isn't it?   I always try to keep one spare open in case that
happens.   Then all I need to do is close the problem window, close the
spare, and hope that the next window which opens will be in the preferred
size, e.g. the same as the spare.

I think this is more a function of the OS than of WLMail though.   E.g. I
think it was worse in XP than it is in W7.  OTOH it may be a function of
hardware too.   I am now using different hardware as well as a different OS.
Anyway, FWIW, I know what you're seeing and still guard against it but
haven't seen it happen in quite a while.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

PC Dead, XP HD to new box
My XP PC died. I bought a new PC, Exchanged HD's, but XP will not complete boot up, It gets to recognizing there is new hardware and asks: "New hardware found, do you want to Install??" And " Do you want broadband or Dial-up?" The Old XP PC had PS/2 Keyboard & PS/2 mouse. New has USB Keyboard & mouse. I would suspect that is at least the 'new hardware' found. I can't answer the question as the new PC does not pass the input from USB input to the old XP system. IS THERE, a way to use the new PC's Windows 7 64bit home ...

Position of New Excel Spreadsheet on screen
I have a number of password protected workbooks. The problem is, when I open one, it opens behind any currently on screen, so I have to close/minimise them to display the window where I input the password. Is there a setting where I can make sure all new workbooks open on top of those already open? I'm using W7 and Office 2007 ...

New spreadsheet only prints the first page
My spreadsheet is a calendar that counts the days of call for my 3 physician partners and myself. Last year's was in Excel 97 and through a lot of cutting and pasting I have the 2010 calendar all set. When I go to "page break preview", page 1 is seen, but the rest of the sheet is gray. When I go to print preview, I only get that first month and not the rest of the spreadsheet. I tried to save it in the old format, too, but I get the same problem. If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and a clear explanation of what you want and before/afte...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Send.Item message when using mapi emailing
Hi, When using the MAPI profile to send mails via Send.Item Outlook stops and shows the Yes, No message for permission to send. I have checked all IE settings and Outlook but cant turn this off? I know its there somewhere, any help locating and turning off this setting would be fantastic! Kind Regards James See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, an...

can't remove old filter added to each new personal folder
A while back I put in a view filter on my personal folders and thought I had removed it. Now when I create a new personal folder, it contains this filter. I have removed the filter from the Current View in each of my Personal folders but can't get it to stop appearing in new folders (and sometimes reappearing in existing one.) How can I change this?? Thanks, Hal ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ?
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? Rgrds, Zul If it was me do the OS first. "Zul J" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:%23AeXnXErFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS > patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? > ...

email stuck in outbox: receiving error message
My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do send to the recepient, but never switch over to my sent box. Go to the 'Tools' menu, then options. In the first / 'Preferences' window that appears (tab shown at the top) click on 'E-mail Options'. Make sure there's a check mark in the box that says 'Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder'. If this is already done, you might want to note the exact text of the error message and do a search in the Microsoft Knowledge Base. >-----Original Message----- >My emails are stuck in my outbox. They do s...

Copy worksheet to new workbook : Values & Formats
Hi, Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new workbook without copying formulas ? Sheets(X).Copy is building links to previous workbook. Thks for help After coping go to Edit->Links, and break links, and excel will replace links with values. If you do it from VBA, which seems so, try with PasteSpecial metod. "Franck" <wesley.saris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130320762.209498.135290@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to cpy an entire worksheet (Values & Formats) to a new > workbook without copying f...

10x Conflict Message from Public Folder Store
Hi We have received 5+ duplicate messages (some with attached duplicate messages) in our public folder store. In addition 10 conflict messages sent to the public folder and all active directory users on the network. The source of the original message is legit (one of our printers informing the toner is low). Multiple edits have been made to "Event:BLACK TONER LOW". The conflicting edits have been attached to a conflict message in "Enquiry". I have disabled the printer from sending emails and have sent a test email to the public folder which arrived without problem. Wh...

Change a formula to an acual number

eConnect 7.0.4 install new company
Hi, We have Great Plains 7.0 running with eConnect v7.0.4.1. We just created a new company database and I need to install the eConnect sprocs into it - can't find how! I've tried thru Add/Remove Programs but the option to install into a new company database does not appear Marta: Pulling this out of an old and undependable memory, but I think under 7.0 you had to uninstall and reinstall eConnect when you created a new company. Nicely fixed in, I think, 7.5. Again, could be wrong here and would be happily corrected by anyone that know differently. If you do the uninstall, yo...

The New Look
David Bartosik has to be congratulated on the new look he has created for the Publisher MVP web site. Wow, David... http://www.publishermvps.com/ Thanks... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com Hi Mary Sauer (gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || David Bartosik has to be congratulated on the new look he has || created for the Publisher MVP web site. Wow, David... || http://www.publishermvps.com/ || Thanks... For what it's worth, the updated site is not entirely ready as there are some sections st...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003