Can Not Reply To Emails

Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get email
messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.  For now I am
forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying from that computer
with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?
--
<Bill>

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

0
Bill
12/10/2009 5:17:05 AM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
not having a mail account set up.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message =
> Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get =
email=20
> messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.  For now =
I am=20
> forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying from that =
computer=20
> with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?
> --=20
> <Bill>
>=20
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.=20

0
Gary
12/10/2009 6:19:03 AM
If I am receiving email I must have an account setup.  It is not all of the
emails I can not reply to but just some.
--

Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
> The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
> not having a mail account set up.
>

> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
>> Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get
>> email messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.
>> For now I am forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying
>> from that computer with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?

0
Bill
12/10/2009 6:28:44 PM
Look at the Message source (Ctrl-F3) for the problem messages.

Look at the From header to see if there is anything wrong with it.

Also look at the Reply-to header if present.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

> If I am receiving email I must have an account setup.  It is not all
> of the emails I can not reply to but just some.
> --
> <Bill>
>
> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.
>
> Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
>> The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
>> not having a mail account set up.
>>

>> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
>>> Running Windows 7 Professional with latest version of WLM.  I get
>>> email messages I can not reply to.  The reply button is grayed out.
>>> For now I am forwarding them to my WinXP computer and then replying
>>> from that computer with OE6.  Anybody have any ideas?

0
Michael
12/10/2009 8:18:21 PM
Will look for the the reply to header.  I guess the only thing I can do in
this situation is copy the message and then past it into a new email where I
have written my reply.  It also means I will have to add the addresses to
the To box.  I really do not have to forward them to my other computer.
--

Michael Santovec wrote:
> Look at the Message source (Ctrl-F3) for the problem messages.
>
> Look at the From header to see if there is anything wrong with it.
>
> Also look at the Reply-to header if present.
>

> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message
>> If I am receiving email I must have an account setup.  It is not all
>> of the emails I can not reply to but just some.
>> --
>> <Bill>
>>
>> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.
>>
>> Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
>>> The most obvious reason for not having an active Reply button is
>>> not having a mail account set up.
>>>

>>> "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message

0
Bill

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...