Answer to posted question

How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?
0
bert
9/12/2010 2:29:24 PM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2738 articles. 7 followers. Follow

On 12/09/2010 15:29, bert wrote:
> How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?

View-Replies to my posts?
0
Gordon
9/12/2010 2:34:29 PM
Come back to the newsgroup periodically and look for replies in your =
thread.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bert"  wrote in message news:OLbmjboULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?=20

0
Gary
9/12/2010 9:34:29 PM
I "mark" mine - the spectacles icon column, then replies are highlighted in
red.

"Gary VanderMolen" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> Come back to the newsgroup periodically and look for replies in your
> thread.

> "bert"  wrote in message news:OLbmjboULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> How can I tell that someone has answered my newsgroup question?

0
Bill

Can anyone answer this Rules question????
I have created a rule for any rule with [Norton Antispam] be marked as read but doesn't get marked read. If I manualy run the rule but on it's own it doesn't? I think the problem is unless the ENTIRE suject matches, the rule won't apply. Is there a wildcard or away to get any message with [Norton Antispam] to be marked as read? A wildcard to ignore [Norton Antispam] and read another part of the subject? Rick wrote: > I have created a rule for any rule with [Norton Antispam] be marked > as read but doesn't get marked read. If I manualy run the rule but &...

A/R Posting Date Error
When voiding a cash receipt I used a future posting date in error. While this is only a timing issue, it make my reconciliations off each month until it catches up. Is there an easy way to correct the posting date. The only way I could think of is to repost the receipt to the wrong date and revoid with the correct date. This would get messy with multiple receipts however? -- DJC ...

formula question #8
Hi, Well I've looked in my excel books and I have excel for dummies (and yes I need it) :-), I am sure there must be a way and have tried several things hoping to hit on the right one. I want a result in one cell, reliant upon two different cells having a $amount over zero. I tried this formula but it only comes back with the word "true" or "false" and only works for one cell with an amount over zero. =OR((D4>0)*(G4>0),'TDBonus'!K3,0). In other words if D4 is more than zero or G4 is more than zero, then I want the cell to display what is on another ...

A few Attachment questions
I have never worked with attachments so.... I'm making a multi-user db (FE-BE) and am worried about attachements causing the BE to get to large. Can I split the attachements to a different table in a second BE db? If so, how do I code the Attachment control to add the attachement to a new record in the table. I can get it to work on an existing record when the form is bound to a table but when I don't have the control bound to a specific table/field in the db, the control is inactive. What I want to happen is if the user has a file to attach, they can drop it ...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

no question s answered
i notice no question s ever get answered onin this group "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message news:#4ORxbUqDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > i notice no question s ever get answered onin this group > > Well that's odd because I've answered several myself today....... "rifleman" <me9@privacy.net> wrote in message news:botsri$1hkrhr$1@ID-108938.news.uni-berlin.de... > > "Peter" <peter.codner@lineone.net> wrote in message > news:#4ORxbUqDHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > i notice no quest...

Additional server. Public folder replication / posting issues
Hi We've added a new Win2003/Exch2003 server to our domain - so now have 1 front and and 2 back end servers. We've tried to configure the server as near as dammit to the existing server. We've migrated across 2 users as tests to new server. I used pfmigrate to add PF replicas to the new server. I thought everything was well - but we've just noticed a weird issue:- If I (on new server) send to a DL with users on both servers and also containing a PF, the message goes to the users but does not appear in the Public folder. If a user on the old server sends to the same DL, ...

How do I find my post?
I posted a question back on 10/28/09 - I must be missing something...how do I find my question? Do you know to which Newsgroup you posted it? Do you know the subject? Did you post it under the name of Heinz57 or some other name? The only message from Heinz57 in this newsgroup is the one to which this response is being made. If we knew the answers to the above questions, we might be able to find your original post and let you know if it has been answered. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my ser...

A simple question...
When I enter 1, 2, 3 in a1, a2 & a3, respectively, then select the cells and drag down, the numerical sequence continues (4, 5, 6, etc). However, if I do the same with a, b, c, dragging merely repeats the order (a, b, c, a, b, c) rather than continuing the sequence (d, e, f, etc.). I know I've done this before but I can't remember how. Thanks, silas Try Tools -> Options -> Custom Lists and import the list. You'll need to type it out once and you should be set. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "silas" wrote: > When I enter 1, 2, 3 in a1, a2 & a3, re...

Reinstall with CD Question
I have Money Plus 2008 (Version 17) and installed it using a CD years ago. I am going to be reinstalling it. I don't have the CD anymore but I do have the Product Key. Can I download and install the one from the web and use that Product Key from my CD version? Thanks. Seems I did download it back on 9/1/2008 and didn't install it from CD [I could swear I installed it from CD]. I found the original download file [MoneyPlus-Dlx-US-QFE1.exe] in my archive. Hum.... So, my product key should work! "SLundwall" <sturgis@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

simple formula question?
I have a column where each cell has either a X or is blank. I would like to count the number of X's and then return a percentage complete based on the number of cells total (X's and blanks). I also have another column, but this column has all different characters (not just a X) I would still like to count the cells with data and give an average based on number of cells total (X's and blanks). Thanks in advance One way: =COUNTIF(A1:A25,"X")/(COUNTIF(A1:A25,"X")+COUNTBLANK(A1:A25)) Give the cell a percentage format. And if I understand the second ques...

ADC question
I am planning my 5.5 to 2003 migration. I am currently running the 2000 version of ADC on my 5.5 servers. I have a 2 part question, 1) do I install the 2003 version of ADC on my 5.5 server or my new 2003 server? 2) if I have to install it on my 5.5 server, should I uninstall the 2000 version of ADC first and reboot before installing the 2003 version of ADC? or will it upgrade the version of ADC I currently have? TIA, Nurv The first thing you do in a migration like yours is to upgrade the ADC. That should answer both questions. :-) -- Hope it helps........... dw Don Wilwol Blog - h...

Follow-up to my 5/6 Post
I'm back... embarrassed to admit that I got my Committees module working for about a day and then accidentally deleted my subform and haven't been able to recreate it properly again. See my earlier post. JWV, I took your advice and went with 3 tables: Households, Committees and CommMembers. I joined them through linking the ID fields of Households and Committees into Households_ID and Committees_ID number fields that I set up in the CommMember table. I created the main form, frm-Committees, using the ID, Committee, Action Items and Objectives fields from the Commi...

Excel - VLOOKUP Question
Hi, I think this is a really simple problem, but under pressure (!) an need to solve the problem. Please can you help. I am using this formula: =VLOOKUP($P$1,V8:W9,2,FALSE) to match a number to corresponding word. The problem is that, if "1" is in P1, then it matches the word from V to W8, ABC. But then if "2" goes into P1, the word stays as ABC, an does not update. Do you get what I mean? Please can you help as to why its doing this. Ta Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! Are the numbers 1 and 2 exact or calculated? Could be an issue o r...

Rounding Question
I have a table that has 3 elements that have been defined as Currency with 2 decimals. Everything worked in the queries perfectly. Now I have been told they no longer wish to have a decimal at all. I tried changing the definition to Double with 0 decimals. Then when I run my averaging query, I still get decimals and rounding. Ideas? Bunky In the underlying table change the currency's decimal property from Auto to 0. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Bunky" <Bunky@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

basic join question
Hi, I have two tables, one being like an invoice header, and the other being like a detail table. The head table has one record for the invoice, but the detail table has many lines per invoice. Due to a bad design, the customer name for the invoice has ended up as a field in the detail table, and not the header table. I am now trying to get back some of the header information which works fine.... select invoice_date, Invoice_number, invoice_value from tbl_invoice.. what I want to do however is to include the customer name in this result set... select invoice_date, ...

Questions on data security
Hi, if i set all MsOutlook client in my 2000 network with Exchange2003 in "Offline use" what can be the advantages and the disadvatages ? I say this because i think that in this mode is possible to have a double security backup, one in each client on the network and one on the type of my server. Is it correct my opinion ? What do you think ? Thanks a lot The advantage would be faster local access and less stress on the server. This is also ideal with servers located in remote offices or saturated networks. The disadvantages is a latency in delivery (delivery notification is n...

Where are my posts?
I have created FOUR posts on this forum and NONE of them appear in the thread list. Everything seems to save ok when I click the Post button, but nothing appears in the list. Why? It can take time for your posts & replies to appear. What client are you using to access the newsgroup? "ATD" <ATD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1419C032-F7D5-4A0F-BAE1-EEDF3E8F3D2C@microsoft.com... >I have created FOUR posts on this forum and NONE of them appear in the >thread > list. > > Everything seems to save ok when I click the Post ...

ref. John Vinson prev. posts
I guess I really would like a check box for a field Not available to be the default (that I already put in the JeffSched Notes Table that is tied to the query that is the record source for the subform)- - but some people may be able to be sched on two diff jobs in that Given Workday - 4hrs one job 4 hrs another. Soooo if they need to be sched <1 x in a day they could Uncheck the Not available field - - so I would like the dropdown of manname to show ALL available(not Scheduled-All Available) FOR THAT GIVEN DAY - on a new day All should be Available in dropdown until they are s...

Chart Question #4
Have the Y axis scale start from 10 > 0 instead of 0 > 10. Is that possible? Hi Joseph, Double click the y axis and on the Scale tab check both Values in reverse order and Category (X) axis crosses at maximum Cheers Andy Joseph Thompson wrote: > Have the Y axis scale start from 10 > 0 instead of 0 > 10. Is that possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

C++ Design question
Hi All, I'm making a class which derives(implements) from 5 interfaces: class myClass: public base1, public base2, public base3,....... I want to be able to ask from any interface about a pointer to another interface What I mean is: myClass _myImpObj; base1 *b1 = &_myImpObj; base *b2 = b1->QueryInterafce("b2"); base *b3 = b2->QueryInterafce("b3"); base *b1N = b3->QueryInterface("b1"); Its is very simialir to COM mechanism.Anyone knows how to implement it? Thanks, Denis On 14 Jan 2007 01:46:42 -0800, denis_browne@hotmail.com wrote: >H...

Double answers???????
Do anyone know how to both have a formula and still be able to put in data in a cell. Let me specify. For instance in cell A you'll be able to put a value say between 1-100%, the same time cell B will calculate what is left, i.e. 100%-(vlaue in cell A). So if you'll put in 10% in A, you'll get 90% in cell B. Okej that's easy, but if you want to make it possible to use that for both cells, that is to be able to put in the value 20% in cell B! and get 80% in cell A. So the user will have freedom of choice to use either cell A or cell B to put in data, but the formula won&#...

Time Scale Question
I am trying to show the time scale in months on the middle tier and on the bottom tier I am trying to show the number of weeks in that month and then start the count over for each month (ex: Jan 1 2 3 4 5 , Feb 1 2 3 4, etc.) I cant seem to get it to show up that way. Can anyone help Hi, I'm afraid that option is not present, sorry -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "MSP Beginner" <MSP Beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

If you answer to Death
If you answer to Death's postings, you're wasting a breath. He is a bona-fide hater, and his UserName (Death) explains a lot. On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:55:36 -0500, Stan Starinski wrote: > If you answer to Death's postings, you're wasting a breath. He is a > bona-fide hater, and his UserName (Death) explains a lot. If you waste your *breath* resonding to me, perhaps you shouldn't talk while you type, you loon. -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. ...

Fixed Asset posting setup
Is there a posting setup window for Fixed Assets similar to Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting: Posting Setup? Thanks for your help - John Try Tools >> Setup >> Fixed Assets >> Company >> Require Account Expansion button. hth Rheiner "J Purdy" wrote: > Is there a posting setup window for Fixed Assets similar to > Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting: Posting Setup? > > Thanks for your help - John Thanks for that info. I'll pass it along to our accounting people. "Rheiner" wrote: > Try Tools >&...