Add Sender To Blocked Senders List

I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
Blocked Senders List"
so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
ignored and I keep getting the
same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
Patrick
 

0
Pat
11/18/2009 1:27:54 AM
windows.live.mail.desktop 2735 articles. 9 followers. Follow

12 Replies
2305 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 29

I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you.

Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you will 
reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe.

I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already being 
on numerous spam lists.

You might need to resort to creating a new email account and deleting the 
existing one.

"Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>Blocked Senders List"
> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
> ignored and I keep getting the
> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
> Patrick
>
> 

0
Bob
11/18/2009 3:09:23 AM
Bob: very good advice....   now if I could only direct those spam e-mails to 
my junk e-mail folder I would be a happy camper.
Pat

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
news:#pXxDy$ZKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you.
>
> Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you 
> will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe.
>
> I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already 
> being on numerous spam lists.
>
> You might need to resort to creating a new email account and deleting the 
> existing one.
>
> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>>I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>>Blocked Senders List"
>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
>> ignored and I keep getting the
>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>> Patrick
>>
>>
> 
0
Pat
11/18/2009 4:32:11 AM
Stupid me... made the same mistake again...


"Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
news:DC130CE6-BF53-4A33-99DF-C4022F836235@microsoft.com...
> Bob: very good advice....   now if I could only direct those spam e-mails 
> to my junk e-mail folder I would be a happy camper.
> Pat
>
> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
> news:#pXxDy$ZKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you.
>>
>> Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you 
>> will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe.
>>
>> I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already 
>> being on numerous spam lists.
>>
>> You might need to resort to creating a new email account and deleting the 
>> existing one.
>>
>> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>>>I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>>>Blocked Senders List"
>>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
>>> ignored and I keep getting the
>>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>>> Patrick
>>>
>>>
>> 
0
Pat
11/18/2009 4:38:03 AM
This freeware will do the job for you.

K9 email filtering application

http://keir.net/k9.html


"Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
news:DC130CE6-BF53-4A33-99DF-C4022F836235@microsoft.com...
> Bob: very good advice....   now if I could only direct those spam e-mails 
> to my junk e-mail folder I would be a happy camper.
> Pat
>
> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
> news:#pXxDy$ZKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you.
>>
>> Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you 
>> will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe.
>>
>> I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already 
>> being on numerous spam lists.
>>
>> You might need to resort to creating a new email account and deleting the 
>> existing one.
>>
>> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>>>I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>>>Blocked Senders List"
>>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
>>> ignored and I keep getting the
>>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>>> Patrick
>>>
>>>
>> 

0
Bob
11/18/2009 4:55:41 AM
Thanks Bob.... too bad Live.Mail.Desktop doesn't work like it's supposed to.


"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
news:OKRDdtAaKHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> This freeware will do the job for you.
>
> K9 email filtering application
>
> http://keir.net/k9.html
>
>
> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
> news:DC130CE6-BF53-4A33-99DF-C4022F836235@microsoft.com...
>> Bob: very good advice....   now if I could only direct those spam e-mails 
>> to my junk e-mail folder I would be a happy camper.
>> Pat
>>
>> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message 
>> news:#pXxDy$ZKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> I don't use WLM but I have some advice for you.
>>>
>>> Stop using your real email address when you post to a newsgroup and you 
>>> will reduce the number of spam emails you receive....Maybe.
>>>
>>> I say "Maybe" because it might be too late due to your address already 
>>> being on numerous spam lists.
>>>
>>> You might need to resort to creating a new email account and deleting 
>>> the existing one.
>>>
>>> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>>>>I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>>>>Blocked Senders List"
>>>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
>>>> ignored and I keep getting the
>>>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>>>> Patrick
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
> 
0
Pat
11/18/2009 1:59:06 PM
Are you sure that the spam email address that you are blocking is always the 
same? Even though it's the same spam email if you take at look the address, 
most of them are different jibberash (just a bunch of letters and/or 
numbers) each time. So the address is always different and can't be blocked.

The only issue I have with WLM blocking emails is it will not block the 
emails specifically from my ISP. My ISP email account will not block emails 
from my ISP so apparently WLM can't do it either for some reason.


"Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
> Blocked Senders List"
> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
> ignored and I keep getting the
> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
> Patrick
>
> 
0
gkdiamond
11/18/2009 9:12:47 PM
I forgot to mention that many email accounts used to have an option to block 
the domain which will still not block all of the spam email but would help 
with many but I can not find that option anymore.

"Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
> Blocked Senders List"
> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
> ignored and I keep getting the
> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
> Patrick
>
> 
0
gkdiamond
11/18/2009 9:16:08 PM
The only way I got it to work is to specify 'safe list only', only those on 
my safe list go to my inbox, the other e-mails go to my junk mail folder.
Go to Tools, Safety Options, under options check Safe List Only.
Hope this helps
Patrick


"gkdiamond" <oc4yp@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:OR5YZRJaKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> I forgot to mention that many email accounts used to have an option to 
> block the domain which will still not block all of the spam email but 
> would help with many but I can not find that option anymore.
>
> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>> Blocked Senders List"
>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
>> ignored and I keep getting the
>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>> Patrick
>>
>> 
0
Pat
11/19/2009 7:50:02 PM
Thanks but that's the opposite, I want to choose which domains to block not 
which to allow. It still has use but unfortunately there are many valid 
emails I would not get if I chose that option.

"Pat" <panamapatrick@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:1ACB0FD6-4455-4BDA-A405-FD1337B3CC14@microsoft.com...
> The only way I got it to work is to specify 'safe list only', only those 
> on my safe list go to my inbox, the other e-mails go to my junk mail 
> folder.
> Go to Tools, Safety Options, under options check Safe List Only.
> Hope this helps
> Patrick
>
>
> "gkdiamond" <oc4yp@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:OR5YZRJaKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> I forgot to mention that many email accounts used to have an option to 
>> block the domain which will still not block all of the spam email but 
>> would help with many but I can not find that option anymore.
>>
>> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>>> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
>>> Blocked Senders List"
>>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
>>> ignored and I keep getting the
>>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>>> Patrick
>>>
>>> 
0
gkdiamond
11/20/2009 12:10:50 AM
Spammers use popular domains for their 'From' address
(Hotmail.com, Yahoo.com, Gmail.com, etc.), so if you block those
you'll be blocking a lot of legitimate emails.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"gkdiamond" <oc4yp@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
news:OlXQrXXaKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Thanks but that's the opposite, I want to choose which domains to =
block not=20
> which to allow. It still has use but unfortunately there are many =
valid=20
> emails I would not get if I chose that option.
>=20
> "Pat" <panamapatrick@nowhere.com> wrote in message=20
> news:1ACB0FD6-4455-4BDA-A405-FD1337B3CC14@microsoft.com...
>> The only way I got it to work is to specify 'safe list only', only =
those=20
>> on my safe list go to my inbox, the other e-mails go to my junk mail=20
>> folder.
>> Go to Tools, Safety Options, under options check Safe List Only.
>> Hope this helps
>> Patrick
>>
>>
>> "gkdiamond" <oc4yp@yahoo.com> wrote in message=20
>> news:OR5YZRJaKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> I forgot to mention that many email accounts used to have an option =
to=20
>>> block the domain which will still not block all of the spam email =
but=20
>>> would help with many but I can not find that option anymore.
>>>
>>> "Pat" <panamapatrick@hot-mail.com> wrote in message=20
>>> news:7BDC1C21-72C1-4C03-BB34-CC64D5BA5CBD@microsoft.com...
>>>> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add =
Sender To=20
>>>> Blocked Senders List"
>>>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it =
is=20
>>>> ignored and I keep getting the
>>>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this =
work?
>>>> Patrick
>>>>
>>>>
0
Gary
11/20/2009 12:44:13 AM
Here's what I do: 1) open the email and click the button on the yellow 
toolbar that says "Delete and block" or 2) get the email address of the 
sender then click on tools then safety options then Blocked Senders then 
click on the Add button and enter the email address you wish to block then 
click okay and click okay on the next screen and there you go, done. Good 
luck!

"Pat" wrote:

> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender To 
> Blocked Senders List"
> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is 
> ignored and I keep getting the
> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
> Patrick
>  
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
12/18/2009 9:20:01 PM
The problem with that procedure is that you are not really getting=20
"the email address of the sender". Spammers use the address=20
of an innocent third party so the spammer doesn't get all those
pesky 'bounce' notices. It's a waste of time to add them to your
Blocked Senders list because the spammer won't use the same=20
'From' address a second time.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen


"Elbie" <Elbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:D6A88C6F-2CD2-4872-8BB5-4B1FC8ABBDF4@microsoft.com...
> Here's what I do: 1) open the email and click the button on the yellow =

> toolbar that says "Delete and block" or 2) get the email address of =
the=20
> sender then click on tools then safety options then Blocked Senders =
then=20
> click on the Add button and enter the email address you wish to block =
then=20
> click okay and click okay on the next screen and there you go, done. =
Good=20
> luck!
>=20
> "Pat" wrote:
>=20
>> I am getting inundated with e-mail spam and when I select "Add Sender =
To=20
>> Blocked Senders List"
>> so that mail gets sent to my Junk E-Mail Folder it appears that it is =

>> ignored and I keep getting the
>> same spam directed to my Inbox. Anyone have a way to make this work?
>> Patrick
>> =20
>>=20
>> .
>>
0
Gary
12/19/2009 6:28:06 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

All my Emails turned into Junk Mail but not on Junk Mail List. Is this a virus?
How do I remove a name from the Junk List if the name is not shown in the junk list but is noted as junk email in the field chooser Junk Mail column of inbound messages? Went to junk sender list and cant find the names, but these names automatically go to Delete folder, although I never placed them there. When i make a new rule, they still have the Junk Mail label attached. Very bizarre. Can anyone help????? ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity
I need to add 4 "technical contact" fields (which would lookup the Contact entity) to the CONTRACT form. Is this possible? I've found it difficult to figure out what to do first. Thanks in advance, Brandon Not possible. You cant have multiple lookups for the same entity. You also cannot create new relationships between two system entitites. This will work in 4.0 Not possible, Pezman. N:M relationships are not possible in 3.0 yet. There is a alternative solution: a new entity to act as an N:M relationship. In your case, Contract/Contact. This entity has two 1:N relations...

Excel Add Ins
What is the name of the template wizard with Data Tracking (Excel. I can not locate the add in template wizard with Data Tracking in Office 2003 Hi Richard You are not the only one<g> The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy the xla file from a PC with 2002 to the PC with 2003 and it will work(use Tools>add-ins to browse to the file in Excel) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:193C5DFD-578D-48F7-B9D6-9FEF5BDCEB64@microsoft.com... > What is t...

Add on
Hello, Here is a scenerio. A client is buying 1lb of ham. It is put on a waxed paper then wrapped into a white paper and then put into a shopping bag. The usage of shopping bag is 100% cases the usage of paper is only with certin categories of sales. Same with the waxed paper. Question: Is there a way of associating wax paper, white paper and shopping bags in a way so with every sale a piece of paper gets deducted from inventory and one bag is deducted from inventory? I would like to run a report every so often and see if I need to purchase any supplies. Kits and assembly do not work...

add a row or column to a single cell in exel
I am trying to split a single cell into 2 rows can you help If I understood correctly you want to enter an entry in two lines in a cell at appropirate place hit lt+enter and again hit enter for e.g venkat (alt+enter) raman(enter) "trev" <trev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89B2C15C-057F-43B9-8282-37923D5EA397@microsoft.com... > I am trying to split a single cell into 2 rows can you help ...

way to delete add. fr. auto. email add. function?
Is there a way to delete old or no longer used email addresses that appear in the drop down box when I am addressing a new email? Shebubba wrote: > Is there a way to delete old or no longer used email addresses that appear in > the drop down box when I am addressing a new email? That is the nickname cache. Search and delete the .nk2 file. That's the cache for nicknames (i.e., your manually entered e-mail addresses). If you only want to delete some of them, highlight an entry and hit the delete key. If that doesn't work, use Nirsoft's NK2 Viewer utility (it e...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad
I would like to create a custom application that has the ability to maintain the items that are on certain Task Pads within POS 2009. These items would all be regular menu items (ex: hamburger, hot dog, french fries, etc) and not functions. For example, if a task pad was supposed to allow the cashier quick access to daily specials, then this custom application would need to be able to clear the task pad each day and add the items for that day. Is this going to be possible? Please provide some guidance. Thank you, Sean This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_00...

Print a list of my worksheets?
I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can print out a list of the worksheet names? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "DaveL" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > print out a list of the worksheet names? Frank Very many thanks. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm > > "DaveL" wrote: > > > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07
Every time I open Outlook 2007 I get an error message regarding an add-in 'DCCExtensions' (DCCEXT32.DLL). It says the add-in cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. I've been getting this message ever since I uninstalled Winfax. How do I make this error stop appearing? Thanks. -- kapibarra Remove the addin from OL by using Trust Center, Addins. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA100341271033.aspx#14 "kapibarra" wrote: > Every time I open Outlook 2007 I get an error > message regarding an add-in 'DCCExtensions' (DCCEXT32.DLL). ...

Junk mail and Exception List
The Junk Mail List is deleting email that I would like to keep. I have read MS "junk email filters for outlook", so I have added the sender to my "exception" list but it still gets deleted. I think because the words "order today" show up in the email. does anyone know of a way to correct this? Thanks. ...

Format text to add character
I have two fields that should match, but one includes special characters while the other does not. Example: Field1 00ABCD123456123 Filed2 00/ABCD/123456/123/SBZ I need to find records where these two fields don't match, either by changing the display of one of them, or a query to compare Field1 character 7-15 with Field2 characters 9-14, 16-18. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help? Thanks! Take a look at the following from the Access Help file it might be what you're looking for... Extract a part of a text value The following table lists examples of expressions that ...

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Dynamic Lists #2
hi again, the code i used in name range is =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,COUNTA(SETUP!$C$197:$C$233)) as suggested i also tried =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MAX((SETUP!$C$1:$C$233<>"")*(ROW(SETUP!$C$1:$C$233))))) it still shows all blank entries in the combo,i.e the name range i still from 197 to 233 not restricting itself to where the value end -- Nandh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nandhu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1586 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Validation (using a list)
Hi, Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using a list, you see all the options? Txs in advance Michael Hi AFAIK not possible with the build-in functionality >-----Original Message----- > Hi, > >Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using >a list, you see all the options? > >Txs in advance >Michael > > >. > You can't increase the list from its default length of eight items. You can scroll through the dropdown list, or use the keyboard (arrow keys, page up, page down) to navigate ...

Distribution List: Name not showing up
Hi, I have a number of contacts in my Contacts Folder, and want to create a special distribution list. When I create a new distribution list however, only some of my contacts show up, and I cannot select the ones I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Marian You must provide at least some clue. We can't read minds. Which Contacts don't show up? What version of Outlook? How are you creating the DL? What information store are you using? How many Contact Folders in your Profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Company not login drop-list
After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the company will NOT appear in any of the "Company" drop lists when logging in. I know there is some problem with XP and service packs but this is happening on our 2003 server. Also (assuming I get the above problem resolved) how can I copy a chart of accounts from one company to another? Any help is much appreciated. In article <62546DC0-A2BF-432B-9942-68225EF929F2@microsoft.com>, DavidHaber@discussions.microsoft.com says... > After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the compan...

Add File menu to custom toolbar
Hi All, I am trying to add the 'File" menu and "Window" menu of the Standard Toolbar to a custom toolbar but failing miserably! I think it should look something like: Sub AddMenuTitles() Application.CommandBars("MyCustomMenu").Controls.Add("File) Application.CommandBars("MyCustomMenu").Controls.Add("Window") End Sub Can anybody help please Regards Michael Sub test() AddMenuTitles True ' or false to delete End Sub Sub AddMenuTitles(bAdd As Boolean) Dim cbr As CommandBar Dim cbP As CommandBarPopup ...

Problem with subcscribe to distribution lists
Hi, I want to create a distribution list that users can send an email to with "subscribe" in the subject field to get added to the distribution list automaticly. Is this possible in Exchange 2003 and if it is, how to do it? If it is not possible in Exchange 2003 is there another way one can setup a distribution list like this? Thanks in advance, Onehouse "Onehouse" <Onehouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to create a distribution list that users can send an email to with >"subscribe" in the subject field to get added to the distrib...

add a DC in a LegSite
Hi, In the disaster recovery plan we want to create a leg site and put a DC in it. Here are some questions on how to achieve this smoothly. 1. Should I create the new site/subnet first and then promote a server in that subnet/site to DC, or should I promote a server in existing site/subnet and then move this DC to the new site/subnet? 2. When promoting a server to DC, should the server be a member server (already joined the domain) or just a workgroup member (no domain membership)? 3. The DC will be an AD-integrated DNS server. Should I install the DNS component (but not confi...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

Creating a list over the Opportunity Products
Has anyone ever created a view or list over the Opportunity/Products including information from both the Opportunity and the Opportunity/Product files so you could easily pull detail level invormation into excel. Cant say I have but assuming you are on CRM 3.0 you should be able to do this using advanced find then be able to export using excel ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "lennywooters" <lennywooters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74351934-EB46-4097-B7BD-1FF83CD5D2BD@microsoft.com......

How do I compare two lists of names in excel?
I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only in the larger of the 2 lists? Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in a list. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jack the Cate wrote: > I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large > numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. > Is there any formul...

How can I add the customer's PO# to the drop-ship Purchase Order?
Our purchasing agent would like to be able to have the customers PO# from the Sales Transaction Entry screen show up on the PO's. Is this doable in Report Writer or can it not be done? We are using GP v9.0. As I still consider myself a newbie with RW, I would appreciate detailed instructions if possible. Thank you in advance for all responses. It is not possible thru traditional table relationships in Report Writer. Let me explain: you can certainly link the Purchase Order Work table to the SOP_POLink table and the SOP_POLink table to the SOP Transactions Work table, but will...