2 accounts

I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use only
one account to receive all emails.
As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate in
the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
Thanks,
Claire

0
Claire

You can't "hide" the account but if you click on the little arrow to the
left of it you can "hide" the subfolders (Inbox, Sent, Drafts, etc.).

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
> I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use
> only one account to receive all emails.
> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate
> in the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
> Thanks,
> Claire

0
slk759
12/2/2009 1:34:27 AM
Does it mean there is not way to customize the look of the left pane???
If so, that is a terrible news. I do not like WLM appearance at all!

If I cannot customize WLM to my liking I will switch to another email
program.
Thanks,
Claire

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> You can't "hide" the account but if you click on the little arrow to the
> left of it you can "hide" the subfolders (Inbox, Sent, Drafts, etc.).
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>> I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use
>> only one account to receive all emails.
>> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate
>> in the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
>> Thanks,
>> Claire

0
Claire
12/2/2009 1:45:23 AM
Hi, Claire,

     I have a total of 5 accounts in my left pane, but when they are
collapsed, so that only the name of the account shows (not the Inbox,
Deleted, etc.), they really don't take up much room at all.  I don't know of
a way to hide the account name, making it a 'stealth' account, but you could
always rename it as something innocuous if you don't want the name to send up
a flag to passers-by.

Jim

"Claire" wrote:

> I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use only
> one account to receive all emails.
> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate in
> the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
> Thanks,
> Claire
>

> .

No, the best you can do is collapse accounts on the left side to
one line each. Two accounts isn't bad; how do you think users with
10+ accounts feel?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message =
>I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use =
only=20
> one account to receive all emails.
> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real =
estate in=20
> the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
> Thanks,
> Claire=20
>=20

0
Gary
12/2/2009 2:19:50 AM
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:45:23 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:

>Does it mean there is not way to customize the look of the left pane???
>If so, that is a terrible news. I do not like WLM appearance at all!
>
>If I cannot customize WLM to my liking I will switch to another email
>program.

I agree - the system of all acounts having their own section in the
left pane is a pain in the butt!! The old way in OE and WM was MUCH
better where all incoming went into a common inbox and you could use
message rules to divert emails to different folders.

If there is one thing M$ is good at is buggering up a previoulsy good
system with so called "improvements"!

But I am gradually getting used to it and I have rules set up so that
all email goes into my main account inbox rather than the other
account inboxes.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

     Again I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but you can:  1)
collapse the account so on the name shows; 2) change the name to anything you
want; 3) drag the vertical separation bar to make the left pane really small.
     Beyond that, no there's not much you can do.  I used to swear by
Outlook Express and was really bummed when I had trouble reinstalling and
reinitializing it.  My wife uses Outlook and won't even think of another
mail/calendar program, especially as it syncs with her PDA.  I love Windows
Live Mail and would not consider going back to Outlook Express or, certainly,
not to Outlook.  There are non-Microsoft mail programs that people love to
death, but I like to keep things simple and not try to mix water and oil.
It's not any sort of allegiance to out friends in Washington, but MS stuff
just seems to work and it has good support, such as this newsgroup.
     Heck, just put a piece of duct tape over the left side of your screen.
Sheesh!

"Claire" wrote:

> Does it mean there is not way to customize the look of the left pane???
> If so, that is a terrible news. I do not like WLM appearance at all!
>
> If I cannot customize WLM to my liking I will switch to another email
> program.
> Thanks,
> Claire
>
> "slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > You can't "hide" the account but if you click on the little arrow to the
> > left of it you can "hide" the subfolders (Inbox, Sent, Drafts, etc.).
> >

> > "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
> >> I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use
> >> only one account to receive all emails.
> >> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate
> >> in the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
> >> Thanks,
> >> Claire
> >>

> .

And are they still using WLM?
I am surprised.
For all my computer life I used OE. When Vista came, I refused to switch to
it for obvious reasons.
But now I am switching to Windows 7, which came without email client.
I installed WLM and I am very disappointed about it.
I operate mostly in downsized windows and as less I need to use the
scrollbars then the better.
In my opinion the left pane of WLM sucks big way.
I guess it was designed by the people not intending to use it.
I am now investigating other email clients. I hope I will find better
option.
Thanks,
              Claire

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
No, the best you can do is collapse accounts on the left side to
one line each. Two accounts isn't bad; how do you think users with
10+ accounts feel?

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use
>only
> one account to receive all emails.
> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate
> in
> the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
> Thanks,
> Claire

0
Claire
12/2/2009 3:04:12 AM
I have just discovered the 'compact view' of the left pane.
It is a step in right direction in that sense that it allows to select which
folders to display in that 'compact view' pane.
However there is not choice of selecting the text over the icons.
Icons are meaningless. Someone has to have a conversion table to understand
which icon represents what!
Claire

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
No, the best you can do is collapse accounts on the left side to
one line each. Two accounts isn't bad; how do you think users with
10+ accounts feel?

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use
>only
> one account to receive all emails.
> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate
> in
> the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
> Thanks,
> Claire

0
Claire
12/2/2009 3:19:26 AM
This program is buggy!
Please advise, how to return to the top of 'compact view' panel after
expanding all folders and scrolling down?
I do not see how to do that.
Claire

>I have just discovered the 'compact view' of the left pane.
> It is a step in right direction in that sense that it allows to select
> which folders to display in that 'compact view' pane.
> However there is not choice of selecting the text over the icons.
> Icons are meaningless. Someone has to have a conversion table to
> understand which icon represents what!
> Claire
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
> No, the best you can do is collapse accounts on the left side to
> one line each. Two accounts isn't bad; how do you think users with
> 10+ accounts feel?

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message
>>I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use
>>only
>> one account to receive all emails.
>> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate
>> in
>> the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
>> Thanks,
>> Claire

0
Claire
12/2/2009 3:27:14 AM

"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:45:23 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:
>
>>Does it mean there is not way to customize the look of the left pane???
>>If so, that is a terrible news. I do not like WLM appearance at all!
>>
>>If I cannot customize WLM to my liking I will switch to another email
>>program.
>
> I agree - the system of all acounts having their own section in the
> left pane is a pain in the butt!! The old way in OE and WM was MUCH
> better where all incoming went into a common inbox and you could use
> message rules to divert emails to different folders.
>
> If there is one thing M$ is good at is buggering up a previoulsy good
> system with so called "improvements"!
>
> But I am gradually getting used to it and I have rules set up so that
> all email goes into my main account inbox rather than the other
> account inboxes.

Aren't you doing the same thing as Quick views All Inbox?
--
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

0
Ron
12/2/2009 3:34:56 AM
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 21:34:56 -0600, "Ron Sommer"
<rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote:

>"Stubbo of Oz" <stubbo@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:45:23 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote:
>>
>>>Does it mean there is not way to customize the look of the left pane???
>>>If so, that is a terrible news. I do not like WLM appearance at all!
>>>
>>>If I cannot customize WLM to my liking I will switch to another email
>>>program.
>>
>> I agree - the system of all acounts having their own section in the
>> left pane is a pain in the butt!! The old way in OE and WM was MUCH
>> better where all incoming went into a common inbox and you could use
>> message rules to divert emails to different folders.
>>
>> If there is one thing M$ is good at is buggering up a previoulsy good
>> system with so called "improvements"!
>>
>> But I am gradually getting used to it and I have rules set up so that
>> all email goes into my main account inbox rather than the other
>> account inboxes.
>>
>Aren't you doing the same thing as Quick views All Inbox?

No - my rules put emails into various sub-folders of the main account
inbox and anything in the main inbox is potential spam as it is not
yet covered by a rule. This type of sorting is not shown up by simply
looking in the Quick Views unread items.

If I relied simply on looking in the Quick views and did not have all
my rules then, if I wanted to keep an email sent to an account other
than the main account  after reading it then I would have to go to the
various other account folders to reread and/or delete - a real pain in
the butt!

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

Compact View or Full View is configurable by
     - View/Layout/Folder Pane/
or
    - Place the cursor on the left edge of the Folder Pane until  the cursor switches to a a horizontal double sided arrow, the
drag the left edge to the right to restore the Full View folder pane

If you're new to WLM you might also want to see this...
Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry

--
  ...winston
  ms-mvp mail

"Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:OXE2D5vcKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I have just discovered the 'compact view' of the left pane.
> It is a step in right direction in that sense that it allows to select which folders to display in that 'compact view' pane.
> However there is not choice of selecting the text over the icons.
> Icons are meaningless. Someone has to have a conversion table to understand which icon represents what!
> Claire
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message news:O2BVtXvcKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> No, the best you can do is collapse accounts on the left side to
> one line each. Two accounts isn't bad; how do you think users with
> 10+ accounts feel?

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:Og5sZvucKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I have 2 different accounts, which I use for sending messages but I use only
>> one account to receive all emails.
>> As such, I do not need the second account to occupy priceless real estate in
>> the left pane. Is it possible to hide it or remove it from there?
>> Thanks,
>> Claire

0
winston

Major help needed!!!! #2
Thanks for the post GE, I was able to find another computer with exce 97 still loaded. I opened the existing spreadheet and went through th tools options and unchecked th 1904 date option. Went back to m updated computer and the dates came across just fine. Also thanks Don, your comment will be noted. I was in a rushed an panic'd state : -- KyDean ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27128 ...

error 0x800ccc13 #2
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag and Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&...

MS Publisher #2
Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document with MS Publisher 97? You cannot open a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 97. You need the same or later version of Publisher to open Publisher documents. -- Why is it that people don't realize that they will probably have a problem opening a newer file with an older program? Rarely does that ever happen. "Riobard" <morgan.riobard@sivh.ie> wrote in message news:12b801c38ceb$868aea80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to open an MS Publisher 2000 document > with MS Publisher 97? Because t...

Help ! #2
Hi, I have developed an application in VC++ where spelling of a word will be checked in Excel (English is default). I have used Automation for this. I want to use the same application for German and French languages. Could someone help me on how to select the language programmatically so that selected language's dictionary will be activated and spelling of a word will be checked in that selected language's dictionary? TIA, Gary ...

Determining which address was used for contacts with multiple email accounts
Under Outlook 2007 (Win XP SP3), when sending mail to a contact that has multiple emails stored (email, email2, email3 fields in the Contacts folder), the To: field is replaced with the contact's name when stored in the sent folder. Right clicking on the name only brings up the stored contact, but does not indicate whether the email was sent to email, email2, etc. Pulling up the Options on the saved sent message is blank as well. While selecting the correct address is relatively easy at authoring time, how can I determine after-the-fact which email was used to send the message? Thanks fo...

Error adding users #2
Hello all: I am working with a new installation of MSCRM, and when I try to add a user I get the "AN error ahs occurred, please contact your system administrator" message. So I enabled tracing, and I have pasted the error details from the trace file below... Does anyone have any ideas? John. >MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. >Parameter name: index Error Message: Index was ou...

RMS 2.0 Manual
I have a general question. I remember over year ago when we were buying RMS license we were receivig license+box with manual, user guide and Instalation CD. From some time whenever we order new license there is A2 cartboard "envelope" comming which have another A3 soft envelope in it and eventually this one ontains 10cm x 10cm RMS license sheet. Can someoe tell me is it just us or everybody have it this way. Before after we did training for customer he had Manual/User Guide to look back into if he forgot about something, I know that this manual is exact printout of ...

Qty sold/Qty available #2
Any way of doing this on a top performer report? I would like to see the qty sold and qty available per item, not individual sales. THANKS! CT >-----Original Message----- >CT, > >Detailed Sales Report and add the On Hand column. (right click on the >report, Show/Hide Columns) > >-- >Jeff > >Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security > >===================================================== > >When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via >your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit >from your issue. > >=======...

Button for goal seek?! #2
Hello I have the following data: 5 6 12 15 20 Total of all those added I will have to set a goal seek button so that i can put the total i want and then change the cell i want i tried using a macro but i couldnt do it... I just want to do it using a click of a button instead of going to menu>goal seek>etc etc Thanks a lot From John -- Neo1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=515571 Any ...

FTP #2
Greetings. I have an MFC application working just fine using ftp with CInternetSession and CFtpConnection, and I'm using windows ftp server. this app needs to check file's size and dates where CFtpFileFind seems to works perfectly. I have some doubts: 1. this app seems to work fine with filezila ftp server... is there somethig I have to know working with other ftp servers specially servers runing on linux? I have seen that list files is not standard... 2. MFC can handle FTPS?? if not, does any one knows a good library? I'm starting to see libcurl. Any suggestions are welc...

2 cells 2 colors
Hi All, Here's my glitch: I've got 2 dropdown/combo boxes in a user form. Both offer variou color options. The 1st one colors an active cell the correct color tha is chosen. The 2nd dropdown colors the cell directly to the right or th active cell in the same manner. My code is pretty crude & not ver efficient, but it works correctly. The problem is when color 2 is no chosen. Currently, if a color isn't chosen, I can put an "X" in th cell, or color it a certain color, but what I want is to color i whatever the color of the active cell is. Any ideas? Thanks -- S...

Forms.dic #2
Hi, I might have missed out something. After installing MGP v8.0 SP5 on the workstation, I then I clicked on Modifier, the system created a file called forms.dic. After this, I can't open certain forms like Sales Transaction Windows, Sales Order Fulfillment, Inventory Transaction, etc. Other forms like Item Class ID, Journal Entry are fine. Anything I miss out here? TIA, Sugih Were these forms modified? Is security pointing to the modified forms? The new forms.dic will be empty and not contain these forms. Most firms either copy a complete forms.dic from a working workstation ...

Outlook 2007
WinXP Pro SP3 Outlook 2007 - Pop3 Can outlook 2007 have mail stores (PST) greater than 2 GB? I have a friend who keeps all for his business and is pushing the limit. I was told that Outlook 2007 raised the limit. Any clarification is appreciated. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 20Gb + if using the new, default, pst file type of Unicode which is the default in Outlook 2003 and later If however you upgraded outlook from a pre 2003 version, then it maybe that you are still using the old outlook format data file which has the size limitation. Within Outlook, select ...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be. #2
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? ...

matrix item in rms 2.0
When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description." However with the old version I was able to do this. Is the description field more restricted in size? Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it with the wizard. Does anybody know ...

One Control for 2 codes
My Combo Box cbGSTOptions selects either tax or no tax but after making my selection I need to update with another control form the calculation to work Control 2 is under the line==== Can I incorporate these two code to just the Afterupdate of my Combo Box ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim recInvoice_ItMdt As ADODB.Recordset Dim recInvoice As ADODB.Recordset, dblGSTContentsValue As Double, lngIntermediateID As Long Dim dblGSTOptionsValue As Double Dim bModify As Boolean Dim ynCheque As Boolean, ln...

Exchange 2007 Beta 2 question
Hi I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to create a new email life cycle policy, but the option to do this cannot be found. I right click on the mailbox icon in EMC under "organization" but the option is not listed. The only listed options are. Also the tab in ESM for this is not there New address list New managed custom folder new managed fodler mailbox policy new offline address list On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:58:02 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the mailbox, CA, hub and UM on one server. I am trying to...

2 X 2 Splitter Windows #2
What is wrong with the following code? I am trying to create a 2 X 2 splitter window. It should look like this. CMyTreeView | CMyListView __________________|___________________ | CPictureView | CDetailView It compiles correctly but when I run it I get an error in the WinSplit routine of MFC. if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateStatic(this,1,2)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd1.CreateView(0,0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyTreeView), CSize(0,0), pContext)) return FALSE; if(!m_wndSplitterWnd2.CreateStatic(&m_wn...

AutoCorrect #2
Can 'AutoCorrect' listings be transported from an old computer to a new one? I have hundreds of 'auto-corrections' that would take me all day to redo. Copying the dictionary does not seem to do it. Robert, it is stored as a .ACL file ,do a search for *.acl and copy it to the new computer -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "robert gerald" <...

CRM 1.2 subnet change
I am moving my CRM servers to a different site for DR, and I need to know if I need to do anything to the server besides updating the DNS records with the new IPs. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks ...

duplicate #2
I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one of each? Metalteck wrote: || I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them || are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one || of each? have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely.......... Free at www.asap-utilities.com Vaya...

Random Number Generator #2
I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill one column and about 3000 rows. How do I go about doing this? To generate a random whole number between 1 and 3000, you can use =int(rand()*(3000-1)+1) binder Wrote: > I need to create a random number generator in Excel 2000 to fill on > column > and about 3000 rows. How do I go about doing this -- BenjieLo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

RMS version 1.2 Database not connecting on register 2
I have a RMS system using version 1.2 that I purchased used. I have been successful in setting up the datebase and getting my date imported from my old system. The system has a total of 3 computers, 2 for registers and then a file server. I have POS1/register 1 computer working fine. My problem is with Register 2. I can access the administration program on register 2 computer and assign the database. I can also use manager and see my list of items in the database. My problem comes when I try to launch store operations. There is a delay and then I get an error message that says &...

Calendars #2
Schedule of Events is visible but not avtive on a Calendar. How do you make of use of a schedule and activate it in a Calendar. ...

Virtual email accounts?
I would like to create a "virtual" email account which will be associated with a department or function within the company, but that will not have a particular Active Directory user attached to it. For instance, marketing@company.com or ap@company.com . How do I do this? Thanks, Mervin Williams Hi, You could create a distribution list or a public folder with this email address. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelelse news:OtPTWOJ3EHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I would like to create a "virtual" email ...