Windows Live Mail will not work.....

I now have a new $700 PC with W-7 and can't get my email using Windows Live
Mail to work.  It will not send messages to the mail or news servers. They
sit in the outbox.  There is no way to try and send them a second time.
There's nothing to click on to try a second time.  How do I get to send
messages that go out in WLM?  If we can't get our email or use Usenet, the
new PC is of no use to us. We're considering returning it to the store.
We've spent hours and hours trying send email and messages to the NSPs on
the new machine with no success.

0
Valorie
9/13/2010 3:21:03 AM
windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi, Valorie.

I don't know why the messages haven't gone out, but if they are still in
your Outbox, you should be able to re-send them in a couple of ways.

First, just double-click on the message in the Outbox listing - or
right-click and choose Open - and then click Send from the new Compose
window.  Or, drag it from the Outbox to Drafts.  Then Open it from there and
Send it.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Valorie.
>
> I don't know why the messages haven't gone out, but if they are still in
> your Outbox, you should be able to re-send them in a couple of ways.

A couple of days?  Since when does it take days for gmail to send a message?
Another problem... how do I stop WLM from downloading the Spam, the Trash,
the Sent Messages etc every time?  All I want is my new mail, not all this
crap I have to delete every time I want to get my email.  Not only that but
instead of taking seconds to download my new messages, it now takes minutes.
And 3 accounts can't be accessed for some ungodly reason.  I am about to rip
my hair out in aggravation.   Why does it keep downloading all these old
messages constantly?  OE and WMail never did that. Where is the place to
STOP this endless flooding?  I've  been through this program over and over
and I'm getting nowhere.

> First, just double-click on the message in the Outbox listing

I'm looking.... where is the outbox for email?  I can't find it now.  It's
not listed.

 - or
> right-click and choose Open - and then click Send from the new Compose
> window.  Or, drag it from the Outbox to Drafts.  Then Open it from there
> and
> Send it.

I just looked again and can't find any outbox in the email part of WLM.
There are no outboxes in Newsgroups either.  I can't find that message now
or any outboxes.

> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
> x64
>

> "Valorie McLaughlin"  wrote in message
>
> I now have a new $700 PC with W-7 and can't get my email using Windows
> Live
> Mail to work.  It will not send messages to the mail or news servers. They
> sit in the outbox.  There is no way to try and send them a second time.
> There's nothing to click on to try a second time.  How do I get to send
> messages that go out in WLM?  If we can't get our email or use Usenet, the
> new PC is of no use to us. We're considering returning it to the store.
> We've spent hours and hours trying send email and messages to the NSPs on
> the new machine with no success.

0
Valorie
9/13/2010 5:10:35 AM
"Valorie McLaughlin" <ValMcL@invaid.com> wrote in message
> "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, Valorie.
>>
>> I don't know why the messages haven't gone out, but if they are still in
>> your Outbox, you should be able to re-send them in a couple of ways.

UPDATE:  :)   We got some of the problems figured out. I added the email
accounts manually and unclicked a box that stopped the crap from flooding my
inbox.

I found the outbox for Newsgroups.  The message is still there.  I moved it
to the Drafts folder and sent it from there.  Instead  of leaving, it went
right back to the Outbox.  How do I get it to actually leave and go to the
news server?

> A couple of days?  Since when does it take days for gmail to send a
> message? Another problem... how do I stop WLM from downloading the Spam,
> the Trash, the Sent Messages etc every time?  All I want is my new mail,
> not all this crap I have to delete every time I want to get my email.  Not
> only that but instead of taking seconds to download my new messages, it
> now takes minutes. And 3 accounts can't be accessed for some ungodly
> reason.  I am about to rip my hair out in aggravation.   Why does it keep
> downloading all these old messages constantly?  OE and WMail never did
> that. Where is the place to STOP this endless flooding?  I've  been
> through this program over and over and I'm getting nowhere.
>

>> First, just double-click on the message in the Outbox listing
>
> I'm looking.... where is the outbox for email?  I can't find it now.  It's
> not listed.
>
> - or
>> right-click and choose Open - and then click Send from the new Compose
>> window.  Or, drag it from the Outbox to Drafts.  Then Open it from there
>> and
>> Send it.
>
> I just looked again and can't find any outbox in the email part of WLM.
> There are no outboxes in Newsgroups either.  I can't find that message now
> or any outboxes.
>

>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@grandecom.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
>> x64
>>

>> "Valorie McLaughlin"  wrote in message
>>
>> I now have a new $700 PC with W-7 and can't get my email using Windows
>> Live
>> Mail to work.  It will not send messages to the mail or news servers.
>> They
>> sit in the outbox.  There is no way to try and send them a second time.
>> There's nothing to click on to try a second time.  How do I get to send
>> messages that go out in WLM?  If we can't get our email or use Usenet,
>> the
>> new PC is of no use to us. We're considering returning it to the store.
>> We've spent hours and hours trying send email and messages to the NSPs on
>> the new machine with no success.

0
Valorie

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

reinstalling windows

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Making a web link that will generate an Outlook event
Hello I'd like to create a link on our intranet site (where EVERYONE uses outlook) that will create an event on the person's outlook calendar when they click on it. Does anyone know of a format for a link like this? Also, what other things can you do with HTML links and Outlook? Thanks, -----------S Create the appointment in Outlook, save it as an iCalendar .ics file, = copy that file to your web site, and post a link to that file.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and M...

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Windows update error

Font in Mail Body
It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every time... I'm having the same problem/question. Would like to know if there is a solution for this one! Jan "Thomas T." wrote: > It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new > mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every > time... ...