Windows Fax and Scan not working

When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
message that pops up, that reads,
"new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
account."

The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it
reads,
"The message could not be sent. Access denied."

The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall
it?

Thank you,
Mark Freis

0
MJ
7/13/2010 1:22:13 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

MJ:
   Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse procedure
to reinstall.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"MJ Fries" <mjfries@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
> message that pops up, that reads,
> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
> account."
>
> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
> it reads,
> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>
> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall
> it?
>
> Thank you,
> Mark Freis

> signature database 5275 (20100713) __________

> http://www.eset.com

0
Dennis
7/13/2010 6:00:49 PM
I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error messages.

"Dennis Pack" <dennispack@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> MJ:
>   Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
> uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse
> procedure to reinstall.
> --
> Dennis Pack
> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
> "MJ Fries" <mjfries@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
>> message that pops up, that reads,
>> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
>> account."
>>
>> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
>> it reads,
>> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>>
>> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
>> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
>> reinstall it?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Mark Freis

>> signature database 5275 (20100713) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

0
MJ
7/18/2010 12:25:09 AM
On Jul 17, 7:25=A0pm, "MJ Fries" <mjfr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error message=
s.

> "Dennis Pack" <dennisp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dennis,

I'm not sure how tight money is for you, but I have been using Snappy
Fax for several years.  It works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows,
and it is a fully-functional Windows fax program.  I have been very
impressed with it, and the tech support is spectacular.  I send a few
faxes each week at least.

Jim
0
Jim
7/18/2010 2:30:28 PM
Jim:
    Thanks for the information. Currently I don't fax things often and
Windows Fax and Scan is sufficient for me and hasn't been problematic. Have
a great day.
--
"Jim" <jmegas@cal.berkeley.edu> wrote in message
On Jul 17, 7:25 pm, "MJ Fries" <mjfr...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error
> messages.
>
> "Dennis Pack" <dennisp...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dennis,

I'm not sure how tight money is for you, but I have been using Snappy
Fax for several years.  It works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows,
and it is a fully-functional Windows fax program.  I have been very
impressed with it, and the tech support is spectacular.  I send a few
faxes each week at least.

Jim

database 5288 (20100718) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Dennis
7/18/2010 5:22:56 PM
MJ Fries a �crit :
> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
> message that pops up, that reads,
> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
> account."
>
> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
> it reads,
> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>
> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
> reinstall it?
>
> Thank you,
> Mark Freis
==================================
Hi Mark,

A few weeks ago, I' ve tried to use "Windows Printers and Fax" on x64
Windows Vista and Seven and it did not work. This feature is for 32 bits
only.

So, I bought a little Deskjet Printer Fax USB Brother and now , I can
use it with my x64 OS. Windows XP, Vista and 7 x64 doesn't manage fax (I
think)

Regards.
Forum
0
Forum
7/18/2010 6:34:51 PM
Forum:
    I only have 64-bit operating systems running so that isn't the cause for
Windows Fax and Scan not working properly. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64

"Forum" <yael.cheenne@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> MJ Fries a �crit :
>> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
>> message that pops up, that reads,
>> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
>> account."
>>
>> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
>> it reads,
>> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>>
>> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
>> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
>> reinstall it?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Mark Freis
> ==================================
> Hi Mark,
>
> A few weeks ago, I' ve tried to use "Windows Printers and Fax" on x64
> Windows Vista and Seven and it did not work. This feature is for 32 bits
> only.
>
> So, I bought a little Deskjet Printer Fax USB Brother and now , I can use
> it with my x64 OS. Windows XP, Vista and 7 x64 doesn't manage fax (I
> think)
>
> Regards.
> Forum

0
Dennis
7/18/2010 7:46:08 PM
MJ:
    How did you setup Windows Fax and Scan? I have Windows Fax and Scan
setup on a system with a USB modem installed which functions properly. The
system I'm currently on doesn't have a modem installed. On the setup page I
have the choice of connecting to a fax modem or a fax server on your
network. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64

> I tried your advice, it had no effect. I still get the same error
> messages.
>
> "Dennis Pack" <dennispack@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> MJ:
>>   Go to "Turn Windows features on or off", "Print and Document Services"
>> uncheck "Windows Fax and Scan" then check OK to uninstall. Reverse
>> procedure to reinstall.
>> --
>> Dennis Pack
>> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
>> "MJ Fries" <mjfries@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
>>> message that pops up, that reads,
>>> "new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
>>> account."
>>>
>>> The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears,
>>> it reads,
>>> "The message could not be sent. Access denied."
>>>
>>> The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
>>> start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then
>>> reinstall it?
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Mark Freis

>>> signature database 5275 (20100713) __________

>>> http://www.eset.com

0
Dennis
7/18/2010 7:57:11 PM
If you use broadband , not sure how you could fax / scan anyway !

"MJ Fries"  wrote in message

When I try to create a new fax in "Windows Fax and Scan" I get an error
message that pops up, that reads,
"new fax: unable to retrieve cover page associated with the selected
account."

The only option is to click "OK", when I do that another pop-up appears, it
reads,
"The message could not be sent. Access denied."

The "Setup Wizard" that is described on the Microsoft help html does not
start, is there a way to uninstall Windows Fax and Scan and then reinstall
it?

Thank you,
Mark Freis

0
Roger

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

reinstalling windows

Converting Pulisher 98 files to work with Publisher 97
Can anyone help me with this. I did some work from home with Publisher 2003 and saved as Publisher 98. I thought that's what we had at work, but just found out we have Publisher 97. Can anyone help? Thanks, June Send me the file, I will convert it for you. It will lose formatting somewhat. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "June G." <JuneG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A2C930C-A716-4C3A-A171-365E113E002B@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me...

Windows live mail

Autocorrect not working #2
Outlook 2003. I have autocorrect turned on and also correct while typing and it doesn't work. I am not using word as my email editor and I have checked use autocorrect when word is not the default editor. Messages are created in HTML, not plain text or rich text. Can anyone help? Colin ...

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...

Constant Popping Up of Windows Live Mail
My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 seconds. Have tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much appreciated to either stop popups or to delete all together. You could delete it altogether if you don't use it. Which mail client program do you use? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Zancherito" <Zancherito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:995B1E2D-D99D-466F-8593-4C7EA410E4BD@microsoft.com... > My Windows Live Mail pops up on m...