Windows 7, Multi-monitor, and Desktop Backgrounds

I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation 
display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 7 
Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different width to 
height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary monitor is 
1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black area above and 
below the background. Even though I can use this black area just like any 
other area on the monitor, I would like to have the background cover the 
whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture Position, which does what I 
want and expect on my primary monitor, but not on my secondary monitor. Is 
there any way (without using third-party software) to make it fill my 
secondary monitor, or to set the desktop background for the primary and 
secondary monitors separately? Thanks.
-- 
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com
http://www.nathansokalski.com/ 

0
Nathan
2/9/2010 5:29:37 AM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1156 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Because the aspect ratio is different, the answer is no. You can't set 
separate ones, and you can't set it to size based on the secondary monitor. 
This is why you get a black area.

-- 
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel




"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:B98EAFC6-27CB-429D-8F48-AD7ED98D74DA@microsoft.com...
>I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation 
>display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 7 
>Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different width to 
>height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary monitor is 
>1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black area above and 
>below the background. Even though I can use this black area just like any 
>other area on the monitor, I would like to have the background cover the 
>whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture Position, which does what 
>I want and expect on my primary monitor, but not on my secondary monitor. 
>Is there any way (without using third-party software) to make it fill my 
>secondary monitor, or to set the desktop background for the primary and 
>secondary monitors separately? Thanks.
> -- 
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/ 

0
Charlie
2/9/2010 6:10:35 AM

"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
news:B98EAFC6-27CB-429D-8F48-AD7ED98D74DA@microsoft.com...
> I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation 
> display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 7 
> Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different width to 
> height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary monitor is 
> 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black area above 
> and below the background. Even though I can use this black area just like 
> any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the background cover 
> the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture Position, which does 
> what I want and expect on my primary monitor, but not on my secondary 
> monitor. Is there any way (without using third-party software) to make it 
> fill my secondary monitor, or to set the desktop background for the 
> primary and secondary monitors separately? Thanks.
> -- 
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/

As far as I know, this can only be achieved if you have two video cards that 
are operating separately. For example two cards not set to Crossfire mode 
(ATI cards) or SLI mode (Nvidia cards). Otherwise, this is not possible with 
a single video card set-up. 

0
Tom
2/9/2010 12:43:57 PM
"Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message 
news:%23S$kKWYqKHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
> news:B98EAFC6-27CB-429D-8F48-AD7ED98D74DA@microsoft.com...
>> I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation 
>> display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 
>> 7 Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different width 
>> to height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary 
>> monitor is 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black 
>> area above and below the background. Even though I can use this black 
>> area just like any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the 
>> background cover the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture 
>> Position, which does what I want and expect on my primary monitor, but 
>> not on my secondary monitor. Is there any way (without using third-party 
>> software) to make it fill my secondary monitor, or to set the desktop 
>> background for the primary and secondary monitors separately? Thanks.

Since there doesn't appear to be a solution, perhaps tiling might be of use? 
Not that I plan to, or anything.

>> Nathan Sokalski
>> njsokalski@hotmail.com
>> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>
> As far as I know, this can only be achieved if you have two video cards 
> that are operating separately. For example two cards not set to Crossfire 
> mode (ATI cards) or SLI mode (Nvidia cards). Otherwise, this is not 
> possible with a single video card set-up.

*sigh*  And here I was, hoping there was an answer I liked.  Bummer. 


0
Ghod
2/15/2010 10:51:44 PM
I had considered tiling, but that would not be appropriate for images that 
take up the entire (or at least most of) the screen. When I had XP about a 
month ago, there was an image that I used tiled for my Desktop background, 
but I felt like changing it since I had had the same background for 5 or 6 
years. But that's just a personal preference thing, I'm more interested in 
knowing how to do things, regardless of whether I will actually be doing 
them or not. But it is definitely a logical suggestion, thanks.
-- 
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com
http://www.nathansokalski.com/

"Ghod Dhammit" <ghod@att.net> wrote in message 
news:_7udnYiWoNmcTeTWnZ2dnUVZ_sadnZ2d@supernews.com...
> "Tom" <noway@nothere.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23S$kKWYqKHA.3848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:B98EAFC6-27CB-429D-8F48-AD7ED98D74DA@microsoft.com...
>>> I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation 
>>> display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows 
>>> 7 Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different 
>>> width to height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary 
>>> monitor is 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black 
>>> area above and below the background. Even though I can use this black 
>>> area just like any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the 
>>> background cover the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture 
>>> Position, which does what I want and expect on my primary monitor, but 
>>> not on my secondary monitor. Is there any way (without using third-party 
>>> software) to make it fill my secondary monitor, or to set the desktop 
>>> background for the primary and secondary monitors separately? Thanks.
>
> Since there doesn't appear to be a solution, perhaps tiling might be of 
> use? Not that I plan to, or anything.
>
>>> Nathan Sokalski
>>> njsokalski@hotmail.com
>>> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>>
>> As far as I know, this can only be achieved if you have two video cards 
>> that are operating separately. For example two cards not set to Crossfire 
>> mode (ATI cards) or SLI mode (Nvidia cards). Otherwise, this is not 
>> possible with a single video card set-up.
>
> *sigh*  And here I was, hoping there was an answer I liked.  Bummer.
> 
0
Nathan
2/16/2010 1:20:09 AM
Take a look at the utility mentioned @ 
http://www.start64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=73

UltraMon is a utility for multi-monitor systems, designed to increase 
productivity and unlock the full potential of multiple monitors.

     *
       Window management
       Quickly move windows between monitors or maximize a window to the 
desktop using the additional window buttons.
     *
       Smart Taskbar
       An additional taskbar is added to each secondary monitor, and 
each taskbar only shows tasks from the monitor it is on. This makes 
managing lots of open applications much easier, and when activating an 
application, you'll know on which monitor it will appear.
     *
       Application positioning
       Use the shortcut extension to set an application's position or 
use custom display settings when the application is running. To 
configure custom settings, right-click the shortcut and select 
Properties from the menu.
     *
       Display profiles
       With display profiles, you can quickly change the settings of one 
or more monitors. You can also create a display profile that gets 
applied when logging in, especially useful when the computer is used by 
more than one person, and not everyone wants to use the same display 
settings.
     *
       Desktop wallpaper
       The wallpaper manager adds the ability to use a different picture 
on each monitor, or stretch a single picture across the desktop.
     *
       Screen savers
       Most screen savers only run on the primary monitor. The screen 
saver manager can blank the secondary monitors when the screen saver is 
running, or run additional screen savers on secondary monitors.
     *
       Mirroring
       Mirror the primary monitor on one or more secondary monitors, for 
example when doing a presentation. A unique feature is support for 
different resolutions, the primary monitor can run at a higher 
resolution for example.

On 2010-02-09 00:29, Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation
> display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows
> 7 Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different
> width to height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary
> monitor is 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black
> area above and below the background. Even though I can use this black
> area just like any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the
> background cover the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture
> Position, which does what I want and expect on my primary monitor, but
> not on my secondary monitor. Is there any way (without using third-party
> software) to make it fill my secondary monitor, or to set the desktop
> background for the primary and secondary monitors separately? Thanks.
0
Bobby
2/16/2010 12:24:03 PM
Ooooh, shiny!!!  Thanks!

"Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:u7HmuLwrKHA.4304@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Take a look at the utility mentioned @ 
> http://www.start64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=73
>
> UltraMon is a utility for multi-monitor systems, designed to increase 
> productivity and unlock the full potential of multiple monitors.
>
>     *
>       Window management
>       Quickly move windows between monitors or maximize a window to the 
> desktop using the additional window buttons.
>     *
>       Smart Taskbar
>       An additional taskbar is added to each secondary monitor, and each 
> taskbar only shows tasks from the monitor it is on. This makes managing 
> lots of open applications much easier, and when activating an application, 
> you'll know on which monitor it will appear.
>     *
>       Application positioning
>       Use the shortcut extension to set an application's position or use 
> custom display settings when the application is running. To configure 
> custom settings, right-click the shortcut and select Properties from the 
> menu.
>     *
>       Display profiles
>       With display profiles, you can quickly change the settings of one or 
> more monitors. You can also create a display profile that gets applied 
> when logging in, especially useful when the computer is used by more than 
> one person, and not everyone wants to use the same display settings.
>     *
>       Desktop wallpaper
>       The wallpaper manager adds the ability to use a different picture on 
> each monitor, or stretch a single picture across the desktop.
>     *
>       Screen savers
>       Most screen savers only run on the primary monitor. The screen saver 
> manager can blank the secondary monitors when the screen saver is running, 
> or run additional screen savers on secondary monitors.
>     *
>       Mirroring
>       Mirror the primary monitor on one or more secondary monitors, for 
> example when doing a presentation. A unique feature is support for 
> different resolutions, the primary monitor can run at a higher resolution 
> for example.
>
> On 2010-02-09 00:29, Nathan Sokalski wrote:
>> I am using Windows 7 with a multi-monitor setup. I have the presentation
>> display mode set to Extend, and am using the background from the Windows
>> 7 Aero theme. Because my secondary monitor has a slightly different
>> width to height ratio (My primary monitor is 1440 x 900 and my secondary
>> monitor is 1280 x 1024), my secondary monitor has a little bit of black
>> area above and below the background. Even though I can use this black
>> area just like any other area on the monitor, I would like to have the
>> background cover the whole thing. I have selected Fill as the Picture
>> Position, which does what I want and expect on my primary monitor, but
>> not on my secondary monitor. Is there any way (without using third-party
>> software) to make it fill my secondary monitor, or to set the desktop
>> background for the primary and secondary monitors separately? Thanks. 


0
Ghod
2/18/2010 6:20:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Z Report #7
Hi everyone, I need to understand the X Report. Specially when you use layaways, is not clear to me where it shows the payments against the final sale. Is there a document that would explain each line of this report??? Thanks, Sacha can't remember where I found this. hope it helps Register - Number given to register where report was produced Batch Number - The number assigned by Store Operations to identify the current batch. Batch Status - Shows whether the batch is closed or not Start Date - Date when batch begins Start Time - Time when batch begins End Date - Date when batch...

ASP Files not working windows VISTA IIS..
Hi..please advice how do i run asp files in my localhost and i'm using windows vistasundar ...

reinstalling windows
windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to continue". at the bottom of the screen it says " setup failed". do i need to format the disc so that i can reinstall windows and if so, how do i do it? thanks, mike mikalle wrote: > windows has become corrupted. when i have attempted to reinstall windows the > set up screen tells me " the file cmdide.sys is corrupted. press any key to > continue". at the bottom of the screen it says &qu...

Windows live mail
My windows live mail account will not send or recieve any messages. Every time I attempt to send an email. I get this message... windows cannot send this message you need a digital id, this message is not encrypted. I have tried to download a program for a digital id but this has not solved the problem. Dew "Dew" wrote: > My windows live mail account will not send or recieve any messages. Every > time I attempt to send an email. I get this message... windows cannot send > this message you need a digital id, this message is not encrypted. I have >...

Windows Vista
Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon I decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.123-reg.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem cleared. However this time there is no change. Any Ideas ?? Submitted via EggHeadCafe -...

open windows
How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE click Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums "kotus" wrote in message news:%23QO5zHhnKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE click > If you can tolerate an extra click, you can right-click the group of windows in your task bar > Close group Otherwise you'd probably need a mini-app that with a desktop shortcut that does what you want. -- Jon On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:58:46 -0800, kotus wrote: > How do I close ALL open windows w/ ONE...

Windows pdate Status: Failed
Hi, This is my problem: http://yfrog.com/1fupdatekj So, how can I manage to install this update? I am using Acer Laptop with its own Vista and HP LP2275w monitor. Thanks in advance. Koray For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020) in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB9999...

Unknown 12029 while using window.ActiveXObject & window.XMLHttpRequest
Hi, I am using the following code in my .jsp file for request to, and get a response from a web server - without reloading the page. But this code is working if i will use http://localhost:8080/.../xxx.jsp. But if i will call remotely like http://12.12.12.1111:8080/.../xxx.jsp it's throwing "Unknown 12029" Exception. Kindly let me know what changes i should do. Plz explain me detailly on this. // code for Mozilla, Netscape, etc... if (window.XMLHttpRequest) { req=new XMLHttpRequest() req.onreadystatechange=state_Change req.open("GET",urlT,true) ...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords
When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using the View - choose details - keywords and other selections) I can't see the keywords - even though they are part of the file (can view in file properties). I can see the Author, Title, Subject, Category, Comments - everything that is in the file properties except keywords. Is there a setting I'm not selecting? -- David C. Beveridge -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When I use Windows Explorer to navigate and search through my files (using > the View - choose details - keywords a...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7
I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit) and Office 2003 Pro. I setup my POP3 e-mail account and was able to send and receive mail once. I setup a second POP3 account and neither will work. I installed Outlook 2007 with the same result. From what I have read, the 32 bit OS does not have this problem. So far, no one has been able to come up with a work around for this. Any help will be appreciated. Its nothing to do with win32/64 When you test the accounts within Outlook, you should if theres a problem see some relevent err msgs "ernie146nn" <ernie146nn@discussions...

Incorrect control background colors on CTabCtrl
We're moving an MFC project from VS6 to VS2008. In the process we've encountered a cosmetic bug wherein controls (statics, radios, checkboxes, etc) that appear on a CTabCtrl within a dialog don't have the same background color as the CTabCtrl. The CTabCtrl has a lighter background than the dialog's background (which is okay) and the controls' backgrounds (which isn't okay). There are LOTS of posts about the background color of CTabCtrls on the web (not necessary dealing with VS2008, but often with XP themes). This page (written in 2004) http://www.codeproject....

windows 98 computer, running Office 2000, I deleted Outlook.pst thru windows explorer.
Please help, Outlook stoped recieving emails and said the problem was the Outlook.pst file. 1st. I tried reloading Office 2000 "did not help" 2nd. I deleted the Outlook.pst file on my windows 98 Computer running Office 2000 thru windows explorer The file was too large for the recycle bin and I chose delete. 3rd. Then I tried re installing office 2000 again and it did not reinstall the "outlook.pst file" Now I know that all my emails were in that .pst I have tried FINAL DATA 2.0 recovery software thru another hard drive and had no success finding the .pst file, where ...

Windows recovery console
How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup. There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC In news:%23qYZva4QLHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, tatar typed on Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:20:08 +0100: > How can I stop Windows Recovery Console coming up at Windows startup. > There are a number of StartUp folders and none of them list WRC You have added the Windows Recovery Console to your HDD? Anyway to change the default boot OS all you need to do is: Control Panel System Advanced (tab) Startup and Recovery (Settings) Default operatin...

difference between window dimensions and window client area dimensions
I need to find the difference between window dimensions and window client area dimensions for an SDI application. Currently I'm using the brute force method: CRect clientRect; GetClientRect(&clientRect); CRect mainRect; GetWindowRect(&mainRect); int frameExtraX = mainRect.Width() - clientRect.Width(); int frameExtraY = mainRect.Height() - clientRect.Height(); This is ugly and doesn't always work, so I would like to get frameExtraX and frameExtraY from some kind of system metrics values. Thank you! You've already said the magic words "system metrics&q...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002
Hello........i am running office xp 2002 on windows xp professional and every time that i open up outlook 2002, windows messgenger 6.0 opens up...windows messenger is not even on the list of programs automatically set to open up on the Start up programs tab...can anybody help and tell why this is happening?....thanks...Rolf disable messenger integration on tools, options, other Renegade wrote: > Hello........i am running office xp 2002 on windows xp > professional and every time that i open up outlook 2002, > windows messgenger 6.0 opens up...windows messenger is > not e...

Windows update error
I get the follow messege when i try and run a windows update. Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer. To continue: Register or reinstall the files for me now (Recommended) Let me read about more steps that might be required to solve the problem What to thye mean by redister or reinstall filles. How do i do it? Adam wrote: > I get the follow messege when i try and run a windows update. > > Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or > installed on your computer. To continue: > > ...

how to transfer email from window xp to window 7
wOULD ANY ONE PLS LET ME KNOW THE STEPS OF HOW I COULD TRANSFER EMAIL MESSAGES FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO WINDOW 7 VERSION You don't do it through Microsoft Word, the topic of this newsgroup. "Dummies for win7" <Dummies for win7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DF468BF-FEE6-4BDD-8292-38000059C489@microsoft.com... : wOULD ANY ONE PLS LET ME KNOW THE STEPS OF HOW I COULD TRANSFER EMAIL : MESSAGES FROM OUTLOOK EXPRESS TO WINDOW 7 VERSION ...

Windows Update kills Windows Mail on Windows 7
If you have installed Windows Mail on a Windows 7 computer, yesterday's update contains a KB978542 patch which changes msoe.dll so it won't run on Windows 7. I had warned about these types of issues when Win7 was first released. Microsoft claims it was done for security=20 reasons, see http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms10-030.mspx To get it working again, replace the new non-working copy of msoe.dll in Windows 7 with a copy of the new patched version of msoe.dll from a Vista machine.=20 Note: I ran into permissions issues when trying to delete the = no...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...

Recurring folder on desktop
I am using XP SP3 with Word 2003 and have a somewhat strange issue I would appreciate some feedback on. I created a folder on my desktop that I stored items in before transferring them named ‘Compilation.’ After I stopped using this computer for transferring stuff, I deleted the folder, emptied the recycling bin, ran CCleaner, and disk clean up. For some reason that’s beyond me, thereafter everytime I have started my machine the folder re-appears! I have tried changing the name, but a new ‘Compilation’ folder still shows up. Any ideas as to how I can make it go away? I wou...

Microsoft Word disappeared from desktop and programs
Hi there, Although we can access Word documents from our files, we can no longer open the Word program through "programs" or an icon (disappeared from desktop). When we open "programs" we can see 'Microsoft Office 2003', can drop down all the included programs, but Word is no longer listed. Thank you for any help you can offer, Vicky This question has nothing to do with MS Access Databases. Try ask your question in a news group such as one involving new users in your version of Windows. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "vkytkytovy" wrote: ...

We can't sign you in to Windows Live Messenger
For several days I've been unable to sign in to Windows Live Messenger. I keep getting the same error: "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later" Error code 80048820 I've clicked troubleshoot to try to fix this problem, but troubleshoot couldn't find anything wrong. I've tried to reset my password, but this doesn't seem to work, because on the change password page I have to enter those security numbers and letters but they don't appear. When I listened to the audio and...

Windows Workflow Foundation
Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would be greatful Simon After much searching and trawling through C# examples that as its friday i didn't want to convert.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2e575633-e357-4ee7-aaff-34138f00e830&displaylang=en Simon "Simon Whale" <simon@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23zfF5ScwKHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any one know of a good VB example on the above subject.. any links would > be greatful > > > Simon > ...

windows mail window
When I press send or receive, I get the emails but an error message appears. There is nothing left in the draft file and I eliminated the email that wouldn't go through. I want to clear this message from the windows mail window. Please help me. Jackie Carpenter What does the error message say? Right-click on it, select Copy, then paste it into a reply here. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "jwcarpenter" <jwcarpenter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B5D0223-EE44-4C4E-9...

Non English fonts (Greek) not working in Windows XP SP3
I had a collection of Greek fonts which used to work fine with other versions of Windows (Windows 98). Recently I found the CD on which there were saved and tried to play these Greek fonts on Windows XP SP3, but they were not recognised. I tried them both in Windows English and Greek versions. What could be wrong? Thank you, Paul ...