W7 ScreenSaver Stopped Working

All of a sudden, it doesn't work
0
Moleka
8/25/2010 6:53:29 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try the Win7 forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

"Moleka" <howzitmaui@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, it doesn't work

0
Jerry
8/25/2010 8:51:10 PM
Moleka,
Have you checked that the screen saver is enabled?
Quick and dirty solution would be to do a system restore to a time previous
to "all of a sudden".
:)
Carlos

"Moleka" wrote:

> All of a sudden, it doesn't work
Yea, it's enabled...weird

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Moleka,
> Have you checked that the screen saver is enabled?
> Quick and dirty solution would be to do a system restore to a time
> previous
> to "all of a sudden".
> :)
> Carlos
>
> "Moleka" wrote:
>
>> All of a sudden, it doesn't work

0
Moleka
8/26/2010 7:50:58 AM
Moleka,
Did you try system restore?
Have you added any new hardware lately?
That might preventing your screensaver to kick in.
Carlos

"Moleka" wrote:

> Yea, it's enabled...weird
>
> "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Moleka,
> > Have you checked that the screen saver is enabled?
> > Quick and dirty solution would be to do a system restore to a time
> > previous
> > to "all of a sudden".
> > :)
> > Carlos
> >
> > "Moleka" wrote:
> >
> >> All of a sudden, it doesn't work

Oops,
Sorry for my bad English.
Last sentence should be "That might be preventing your screensaver from
kicking in".
:)
Carlos

"Carlos" wrote:

> Moleka,
> Did you try system restore?
> Have you added any new hardware lately?
> That might preventing your screensaver to kick in.
> Carlos
>
> "Moleka" wrote:
>
> > Yea, it's enabled...weird
> >
> > "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Moleka,
> > > Have you checked that the screen saver is enabled?
> > > Quick and dirty solution would be to do a system restore to a time
> > > previous
> > > to "all of a sudden".
> > > :)
> > > Carlos

how to stop auto text to column
Using Excel 2007 and the damned program is now taking my paste and automatically doing a text to columns. How do I stop it? If you copy data that looks like it is a delimited set of data Excel sometimes does what I think you're describing. If you are copying a single enter the solution is to select the target cell and then put you cursor on the Formula Bar and paste. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "rhythmrealty@gmail.com" wrote: > Using Excel 2007 and the damned program is now taking my paste and > automatically doing a tex...

How to stop the success email from Maint.Plan
Hello, [SQL2005] I created a Maintenance plan to take log backups and delete 2-day old backup files. Thus the maint.plan has 4 tasks - Task1 to take log backups and Task2 to notify operator(my email id) in case of failure. Task3 will happen on success of task1 and will delete Tlog backups older than 2 days. Task4 will notify operator in case of failure of Task3. The plan is called by a scheduled SQL Agent job that runs every 15minutes. This has been working correctly. However, whenever the job completes, I get a success email like this: NEW COMPONENT OUTPUT Microsoft(R...

Tools cease working
Frequently my font size tool, percent tool, and currency tools on the Formatting toolbar stops working. It has no action. Other times it works. Anyone know anything about this problem before I work to establishing a pattern? Excel 2002 SP2 Windows XP Thanks. It could be a bad xlb file. Search for *.xlb and move the found files somewhere else. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "c mateland" <chuckmateland@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1151720769.895348.319380@d30g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Frequ...

Calculating no of work days between two dates
Please advise how to calculate the number of work days (excludin weekeends and holidays) between two date -- fluffywhitedo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fluffywhitedoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55075 =NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays) holidays is a range of holiday dates. You will need to have the Analysis Toolpak installed, Tools>Addins, and cheek it. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address ...

File format converter won't work
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C5F418.4A470D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After several months without problem, Publisher 2003 now will not open a = text file created in Word. I get this error message after I try to = insert it into a text box: "Publisher cannot start the file format converter C:\program = files\Microsoft shared\Textconv\msconv97.dll" I KNOW msconv97.dll is there. I've run the "Fix" program and also = uninstalled Publisher and then r...

Customizations not working
I added a few items to the industry drop-down box for Accounts and Leads. I save them, but they do not show up under the account's drop-down menus. If I go back into the settings, they are there. Am I missing a step? Tareef Hi Tareff - You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager And once you have published the customisations, run IISRESET on the CRM server "warrior2k@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Tareff - > > You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager > > Hi, Using Deployment Manager, publish your contents, Also take the ...

work book froze
work book will not close it keep saiding refernce not valved. On 1/16/10 10:04 PM, CARL MARTIN wrote: > work book will not close it keep saiding refernce not valved. You'll have to supply a whole lot more detail. We can't read you mind or screen. Exactly what did you do, and what is the text of the error? Are both Office and you operating system fully updated? -- -- Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom ...

Front-End OWA Server not Working
Current Setup: Exchange2003 SP2 server with 3 mailbox Stores 800+ mailboxes. Currently alos an OWA server running SSL, forms based Authentication turned on. Installed new Exchange 2003 SP2 server to be Front-end only server (Forms Based Authentication ON). Receive a 403-Forbidden error after logging into server at OWA home page. Tried changing communication to Basic via Microsoft Article 899384. Also verified time is in sync between Exchange Servers, DC and GC's. Any ideas would help. You cannot have FBA on both the FE server and the BE mailbox server. Now that you have implem...

Download pictures doesn't work outlook 2007
Hello, I have a problem. I upgraded from 2003 to 2007 beta couple of days ago. I have figured out majority of new changes and things, but this is just killing me.... I unclicked the part that says "dont download pictures automatically" in trust center under "Tools" and outlook STILL DOES NOT download pics to my mails. For example I get a mail from wachovia that is in html format, all text appears along with different types of font, color, links and all that, but those little pictues do not even tho i unclicked that thing. I go and check my mail using firefox or ie t...

How to stop search?
Xp had a button to STOP searches. In Vista how do you do that, I can't find any such button. Clicking on the X is no option as it kills the app. What to do? Thanks Press Escape key. If doesn't stop, mouse right-click and there should be an option to stop/scape or something to that effect. P.S. There may not be a "Stop" or "X" toolbar button in WinVista, but neither did I use such a button in WinXP. Many powerusers, inluding IMHO myself, use keyboard for speed, anyway. If your work depends on quality Search, you may want to consider Mythicso...

Microsoft works stopped working
when I try to open my works and a new document it says it has stopped working and will contact me if it finds a solution. I'm stuck ...

Exchange 2007 OWA--Internal works/External doesn't
Hi all. I have just installed an E2K7 in a new 2003 domain. Mail flows correctly for internal/external mail using an Outlook client. I also have OWA working internally. To access it, I type in http:// outlook.xxxx.com/owa. This lets me login internally. >From an external computer, I can ping the ip address and fqdn of the mail server. DNS tests from DNS stuff brings back good information, and I have verified that data is passing through our firewall to our mail server. Does anyone have any ideas why I cannot access our URL externally? Thanks On 7 Feb 2007 13:22:46 -0800, "co...

Folders are missing now in W7...
I upgraded my wife's laptop from Vista to W7. Good move - it runs so fast I'd think it's a different laptop. And when I started windows live mail, it imported all of her contacts and emails. But where did her folders go? TIA, Paul Have you tried a manual folder import? See http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3798-windows-live-mail-import-windows-mail-messages.html I don't know where the OS upgrade puts the original Windows Mail folders. Do you have a Windows.old folder in the root of the C: drive? I would have done a message export first, just to be on the...

Screensaver will not turn off
I have a coworker who is using the 3Dpipe screensaver on Windows XP Pro and when he came back from lunch the screensaver would not turn off. Tried moving the mouse, pushing buttons on the keyboard, CTRL+ALT+DEL, even tried getting a cd to autorun nothing worked. He fixed it by unplugging the computer. Is this something that can/needs to be fixed? Timbo, the 3D aspect of the Screensaver may be too much for the system graphics. Usually, office computers are very basic when it comes to graphics unless you are in publishing or engineering. "Timbo" <Timbo@dis...

Array not working correctly Returns FALSE on second part
The below array I am working on is having a problem with the scond part. The cell is returning false. The first part works correctly when "All" is selected in my list box which triggers the first part, but when I select a specific region, the cells returns FALSE. Usually the array just doesn't work if there is a problem so I am not sure how to interpret this. I have checked the standard items that can cause problems with arrays. Specifically, name range size are equal. Thanks =IF('Dashboard-Sales'!$A$6="ALL",SUM(IF($AM3&Key!$B$2&Lists!$I$3...

Stop from Selecting a Protected Cell
Hi all, I am using XL2002. I have protected a cell by locking it - Format Cells>Protection tab>Locked. Then, I protect the worksheet - Tools >Protection>Protect Worksheet>without ticking on either Select Locked Cell or Select Unlocked Cell>type the password>OK. Then, I save the workbook. I protect the cell so that users cannot change the formula in it or even select the cell. I save the workbook. BUT when I open that workbook in other computers (with Excel 97/2000/2002), I can still able to select that cell eventhough I cannot write in it. Why does this happen? How to ...

Control semi-colon stopped working
In Access 2000, Ctrl-semicolon used to insert the date and Ctrl-Shift-semicolon used to insert the time. In Access 2003, I get the error "The expression you entered has a function name that Diamond cannot find". How do I get this functionality back? Thanks, Rob. > How do I get this functionality back? Sorted - it was a compilation problem as a result of the upgrade. Running MSACCESS.EXE with /DECOMPILE fixed it. Rob. Isn't Diamond an add-in for using Access DBs with Delphi? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access ...

Converting Work Orders into Purchase Orders
Does anyone have a plug in that can do this? We process about 20 drop ship orders a day, and would love to have a simple way to convert a work order into a purchase order without having to retype everything. You should try the Retail Realm Allocation Manager. Contact me for more information. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "jessica from Greencoast" <jessicafromGreencoast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB57FA94-C8BF-4CA2-8134-01319AD14EAA@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have a plug in that can do t...

How to stop Excel from changing the cell properties?
Hi everyone, I've just started using Excel for some small spreadsheet I need to have, and I've stumbled upon a little problem. Whenever I enter some text in a cell (for example August 2004), Excel converts it to a 'date' format (aug/2004) which is not what I want. How can I stop Excel from making these conversions, and tell it to keep what I type? Thanks in advance, Ikke Ikke, format the cell as text or put a ' in front of it, you want see the ' -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others c...

ALT+TAb problem in W7
Hi, I have an MFC application which its main window does not pop to foreground when the user presses ALT+TAB on W7. Can someone help me understand what may cause it ? thanks, Yoav. This is probably a bug that has been around since XP. I've had the same problem for years on XP, and now on Vista. Instead, I have to start minimizing apps until the one I want appears. A real pain. joe On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:04:04 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote: > >Hi, >I have an MFC application which its main window does not pop to foreground ...

Downloading not working
I have been downloading my bank info for months without any problems. Now, for no reason that I can figure out, I cannot do it anymore. I go on to my bank website and choose the dates of transactions I want to download into money and I see a download window appear for a "nanno- second" and then nothing. I used to get a window that would ask me if I wanted to start money then and finish the transactions in money. Now nothing happens and I do not know why. I have changed nothing in money and my bank says it does not provide support for downloading into a softeare program....

uninstall dpm server, but ntbackup.exe stops detecting tape device
I uninstall dpm server (no protected server) successfullu. However when i run ntbackup, it cannot detect the TAPE device anymore. How shld i approach the problem ? Update the drivers, and possibly firmware. I had a problem where DPM suddendly sent my tape offline. I flashed the firmware to the latest version and updated the drivers, it fixed it. Don't know whether it was a driver of firmware problem, maybe it just reset the drive! "IT STAFF" wrote: > I uninstall dpm server (no protected server) successfullu. > > However when i run ntbackup,...

Stop external emails for some users in Exchange 2003
I have 30 users. Only few users should access and send to external emails and all users should access and send to internal emails only. How can we achieve this. Thanks in Millions. Create a connector and use a group to permission who can and can't send mail. Use an allow setting vs. a deny setting. Al "Ninad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35f501c4a040$cd3ec2d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have 30 users. Only few users should access and send to > external emails and all users should access and send to > internal emails only. How can w...

Trial upgrade to W7
I have a Windows 7 Home Premium that I have used on one of my laptops, with excellent results. After taking a complete backup of my wife's Vista laptop, I'd like to use the same CD on her laptop, as a 30 day trial. If she likes it, I'd be willing to pay for another copy. If not, I'd restore her laptop to it's Vista. I use StorageCraft, so my backup will restore everything, Vista, drivers, installed applications, absolutely everything. I'm not looking to cheat Microsoft, but don't want to buy a copy and then not like it. Will this work? We'll proba...

why isn't this IF function working??
=IF(D26<>0,D26,IF(E26<>0,E26)) It currently isn't recognizing the values in column E. This is what I am trying to do: If D has text, return that value. If E has text, return that value. And if possible, can I also add this as the final IF variable: If both are zero, return "Zero" Thanks!!! you did say text =IF(ISTEXT(D1),D1,IF(ISTEXT(E1),E1,0)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "broken" <broken.logan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126030178.370525.156610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > =IF(D26<>0,D26,IF(E26<>0...