Recover a formated hard drive

Hello All

Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has been formated by
accident but not used again.

Lee

0
spock
11/13/2009 8:45:26 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Spock:
    Diskeeper Undelete may help you.
http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/purchase.aspx#UD Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"spock" <vk5abcnospam@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has
> been formated by accident but not used again.
>
> Lee

> signature database 4605 (20091113) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4605 (20091113) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Dennis
11/13/2009 9:10:57 PM
I have used R-Studio several times over the past few years and I was
pleased with the results: http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

spock wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has been formated by
> accident but not used again.
>
> Lee

0
Bobby
11/13/2009 10:00:59 PM
http://www.piriform.com/recuva/features

"spock" <vk5abcnospam@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hello All
>
> Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has
> been formated by accident but not used again.
>
> Lee

0
John

Moving email and address book to new drive
I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk. I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old drive. Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would all...

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

conditional formatting
I'm trying to use conditional formatting to accomplish the following: if the cell is empty or contains a greater than zero value, the cell color is white (or no color), if there is a 0 in the cell, the cell color is red. This doesn't seem that difficult, but I'm not having success. Either it's red all the time, or it's white all the time, regardless of value. This is the conditional formula I'm using: Cell value is equal to =AND(NOT(ISBLANK(P33)),P33=0) Thanks. Bert I just left the "natural" fill white. Then I used this as the formula in Format...

Formatting envelopes
Hi, I have table with names and addresses and another table with envelope sizes (width and height in inches). I want one envelope report that will print the envelopes being feed into the printer end first. One of the envelopes is a business size envelope which is too wide to feed into my printer flap first. Is the best way to do this is to print landscape using letter size format with calculated top margin? If so, how do I calculate the margin? I have no problem formatting the location of the name and address on the envelope left and right only up and down. Your help woul...

"File Format is not valid" message
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that I've been using successfully. I don't recall anything that might have caused file corruption. However, now, when I try to open the file, I get the message "File Format is not valid". But, the excel icon is shown and in a file list, it's displayed as type Excel. Any ideas how I can open this file?? Thanks in advance. The message you sent later appears to have been to cancel this post you said it was a Word file with an .xls file extension. Opening an Excel file in word is one way of destroying an Excel file. If that is the ...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Custom Formats #3
I have created a custom format for a cell that will be used in a general company form. The custom format is for a credit card number and was written as follows: #### #### #### ####. When ever I type in a number 9999 9999 9999 9999 the final digit is convert to a zero. I do not understand why it is doing this. It is not being rounded. Can anyone help correct this very irritating formatting issue? Thanks -- bb Excel has only 15 digits precision and you can't use a custom text format that way, You need to either preformat as text or precede the entry with an apostrophe ...

Mac & PC formats
When transferring an excel file from a Mac with Excel 2001 to a PC (XP) with Excel 2002, the width of the columns appears smaller on the PC. When looking at the actual widths, they are comparable (9.67=9.71). In the print previews, the PC's table takes up less width on the page, even when the page setup margins are equal. Is there a way to fix this easily? Thanks! Widths are set in units of the standard font's number characters. So a larger standard font will create wider columns, and vice versa. This would happen with two PCs or two Macs that had different standard fonts. ...

Input Mask vs. Format Property
Note: This was cross-posted in the tabledesign forum ...... Hi Folks - Just bumped into something interesting .... On a text field, I can set the FORMAT property to > so that text entered will be formatted as uppercase. The only thing I don't like about this technique is while you are typing, the text is entered as lower case. It does not change to uppercase until the field is updated. Now, if I use the Input Mask property, I can force 2 uppercase text characters by setting the property to >LL. As I type, the text is entered as Uppercase which I like. However, if I type a number (in...

if cell format
Hi, would some be kind enough to show me how to word an if then statemen for formating? Here is the question in regular people talk. if the cell A1 is bold return true in not then false thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you need VBA for this. Try the following user defined function: Public Function is_bold(rng As Range) As Boolean application.volatile is_bold = rng.Font.Bold End Function us this like =IS_BOLD(A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > would some be kind enough to show me how to word an if then statement > fo...

ratio formatting
In an older version of Excel (and I can't remember which one) I was able to do a numerical format for ratios x:xx. I don't remember what I did and no longer have the workbook/sheets that contained the formatting. I am currently using Office XP and Office:Mac 2003 -- I cannot figure out how to format for ratios -- I don't want to use fractions (for esthetics) as my display. Any clues? maybe you used a formula in a helper cell? =substitute(text(a1/b1,"??/??"),"/",":") uteowl wrote: > > In an older version of Excel (and I can't remem...

Conditional Formatting
How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in preceeding column exceeds 2 weeks? What is the formula for this? -- AP - AGP Prod Dev Sorry if this was unclear - I want to create a condition where the spreadsheet flags any dates in Column D if they exceed 14 days based on the corresponding date in Column C. I want the cell color to change to red when the two week deadline is missed. Can this be done?? -- AP - AGP Prod Dev "Angela" wrote: > How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in > preceeding column exceeds 2 week...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Combining Publisher documents the hard way
This method is time consuming, but it does work. Create an one item merge list, either in Publisher or Access or Excel or Word. Open the second document you want to combine with the first. If it is a long document and the pages are unlinked in the second document this method will not work. Unlink all the pages; this will put all the text on page one even though you can't see it. Pictures on page one will combine, all others will not. Delete all the blank pages. Open the Catalog and Merge wizard, Do a couple of returns on the top of page one, insert the merge criteria. On step 5 cli...

can i freeze conditional formating to copy to another worksheet
I have a worksheet with conditional formating (red, green or no-fill) to highlight data. I want to copy the data and the cell colour to another standalone spreadsheet. I know it is possible to replace a formula with its result. Is there some way to achieve the same effect for the conditional formating before I copy to the second sheet? One way if the range is small is to copy that range, paste into MSWord and then copy from there into the other worksheet. Chris Lane wrote: > > I have a worksheet with conditional formating (red, green or no-fill) to > highlight data. I want to...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Chart formatting problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Running Office 2008 on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard <br><br>I am having problems with chart formatting (specifically formatting data labels). I've made all the changes I want and I can save the file, yet when I close it down and reopen it, the changes are lost. For example, I've changed the font type, size and color of my data labels and have rotated them 90 degrees counterclockwise but even after saving my changes, the document reverts to Excel's standard font and rotates my data labels horizontally...

Why is Excel amending formatting itself, when i sort a sheet?
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that i need to sort regularly. Lately, Excel is changing the row & column formatting when i do this. I have version 2007, but it is saved as version 1997 - 2003 due to compatibility reasons. Can someone help resolve this issue please? I would need more information to be able to assist. When you say Row and Column formatting are you referring to the Width/Height of a column/Row? If cells are merged (joined) you may experience some difficulties with this when sorting. Also it may be something with word wrapping. Can you tell me more...

How to turn off auto-formating of numbers into scientific number format.
This has to be one of the most annoying things I have ever seen come out of the Redmond collective. If you import numbers into an excel 2003 spreadsheet, like 2003E152, it will automatically format it in scientific notation. I have read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q214233 I refuse to accept this as a "feature". I would like to know how to turn it off completely, so it never does the conversion. Thanks, twf Hi Can't be done in general. You have to do adjust the way you "import numbers into". HTH. Best wishes Harald "Tom Fe...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Conditional Formatting by Date
Howdy All, I have a budget workbook which contains a worksheet for every month and I need to format certain cells to show a value from a specific date forward. Example: Car payment needs to be applied on the 15th and remain there when the month rolls over. So on the fifteenth of May, I need cell C5 to display $350.00, but I don't want May's C5 to reset back to 0 when the date rollovers over to June 1st. I hope I am clear on this. Thanks for you time and attention, Brian hi! in A1: =TODAY() and in C5: =(IF(AND(MONTH(A1)=5,DAY(A1)=15),TEXT(350,"$000"),"&q...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...

Custom Formats #2
I'm formatting cells with the following format 0##"-"##"-"#"-"##"-"##"-"###"."## I need to be able to add an additional letter(not number) to the end and I can't figure out how to retain my format once the text is added. Try this: 0##"-"##"-"#"-"##"-"##"-"###"."## "A" If you simply want the dashes between the numbers, you may omit the quotes around them. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Sabrina" <sperez@s...