No longer going into Hibernate.

Hi,

I am running a Windows 7 Professional x64 system that used to go into
Hibernation without any problems.

However, since replacing my system drive with a SSD, my computer will no
longer go into Hibernation.  Rather, it just goes to the lock screen.

The SSD is the drive on which Windows us located.

The SSD is seen as a removable drive. Could this be the issue?

My complete system settings are included in my signature.

Thank you.

--
BadHead :)
---

OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom I I X4 965 Black Edition
RAM: 8Gb
GPU: Asus Matrix 5870 Platinum Edition
SSD: OcZ Vertex 90Gb; HDD: 5.60Tb
===

0
Jon
9/9/2010 4:47:45 PM
windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If no answer here try the Win7 forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

"Jon Mitchell" <jon@thepitz.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am running a Windows 7 Professional x64 system that used to go into
> Hibernation without any problems.
>
> However, since replacing my system drive with a SSD, my computer will no
> longer go into Hibernation.  Rather, it just goes to the lock screen.
>
> The SSD is the drive on which Windows us located.
>
> The SSD is seen as a removable drive. Could this be the issue?
>
> My complete system settings are included in my signature.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> BadHead :)
> ---
>
> OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
> Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3
>
> Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
> CPU: AMD Phenom I I X4 965 Black Edition
> RAM: 8Gb
> GPU: Asus Matrix 5870 Platinum Edition
> SSD: OcZ Vertex 90Gb; HDD: 5.60Tb
> ===

0
Jerry

Remove 2007 trial and go back to old version of Office
I was using Office 97. I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007. The trial has expired, and I do not wish to purchase it. But now I can't go back to my old version of Office, and I'm locked out of making any edits in 2007. I'm afraid that if I remove Office 2007 from my Add/Remove programs, I'll lose Office forever--including my old Office 97 that I want to continue using. "Remove 2007 Trial" <Remove 2007 Trial@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CE80503-BC19-4120-882F-5426E066299E@microsoft.com... > I was using Office 9...

Contacts going to Outlook contacts folder on Sync?
We have a setup with only one BU... I seem to be getting random contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder after I go offline. Why is this? Jake, When you go offline, CRM will "sync" the Outlook contacts with the contacts that you have access to in CRM. So the "random" contacts could be others that the user has visibility to in the system. Matt "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:uxhc7EEwDHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... We have a setup with only one BU... I seem to be getting random contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder after I go...

Does ADC have to go on a DC?
Hello, According to the E2K deployment guide (chapter 2, page 7), the ADC has to be installed on a DC in the domain for which it will manage objects. Is this really true? Our company has different groups managing AD and Exchange and the AD group say that the ADC can go on any member server and doesn't have to go on the DC. Also, we only have 20 users on Ex 5.5. Can we avoid installing the ADC altogether and manually recreate/link their AD accounts or are the ADC schema extensions necessary? Thanks, - Alan. "Alan" <grathal@coldmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >A...

Hyperlink on longer automatic
Word 2007 and Excell 2007, e-mail address no longer a hyperlink (automatically) as I type. Why? Also in 2007, where I go to to change the color and format of the hyperlinks (i.e. customize).- learning keeps you young Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, under "Replace as you type," select "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks." Click OK twice. To change the color of hyperlinks, modify the Hyperlink and FollowedHyperlink styles. -- Stefan ...

template no longer blank
At some point I must have saved over a template so now when I open a "new" document the template appears with language. How can I delete this and return to a blank template? I've tried saving this to another file but have had no luck. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "baffled" <baffled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02A6D0A8-12EF-4730-8984-B3B56D4EE6CA@microsoft.com... > At some point I must have saved over a template so now when I open a "new" &...

Scanner & Camera Wizard no longer works
Hi All, Whenever I'd plug my camera into my pc, the wizard would start and made downloading the pictures & any video files I had very simple. I have NO idea what has happened or what I did but all of a sudden the wizard no longer starts when I plug my camera in. I've tried the following; Open Explorer, found the camera, r/click and selected Properties, then selcted Event Tab and selected Start Microsoft Scanner and Camera wizard. Plugged my camera back in, turned it on and nothing... the program did not start. Opened Control Panel, Scanner & Camera, plug...

URLs in Outlook 2007 no longer active
Using Windows Vista Business Edition with MS Office 2007 / Outlook 2007. A few weeks ago, Outlook was working fine ... notification messages from PHPBB included a clickable URL. Clicking the URL (blue & underscored) would open a PHPBB webpage containing the PHPBB message itself. Then after removing expired Anti-Virus program and installing AVG Free Anti-Virus ... the notification messages from PHPBB are no longer active, but still present and it still works on other PCs with the same Software installed. If the URL string is copied & pasted into an IE7 address bar the correct ...

Publisher Templates no longer availiable for selection?
This has been going on for a few months... I need a solution though. When I create a new document, I no longer have the option to select a template... unless I do it from the 'change' template method once the Blank document is created. This in itself I can live with. But MY Templates.... ones that I created are no longer available. I can browse to the template directory... but that's not a real solution. Have I checed a wrong option somewhere? Why would MY Templates disappear and how can I get them back? -- It was on fire when I sat down on it... That's my sto...

WLMail no longer signing in automatically
I can no longer sign in to WLMail automatically after start up. The sign in box appears with my e-mail address entered when I open WLM after a reboot (with remember password ticked). After entering password and signing in, I can then open WLM automatically without problems, until the next reboot/restart. Using CCleaner as a cookie manager, I have made sure that anything relating to "live" is in the "Cookies to keep" column. Similarly, my .net passport is removed in the same way (although passport.net is a retained cookie). Had a similar problem before ...

Office programs going into "not responding" state
I have Office XP Professional installed on a relatively new laptop (8 Months old) which is running Win Vista Home Premium. All (office programs) hav run successfully until recently. A few weeks ago - working in Outlook - with no provocation I suddenly had an 'hourglass' running - and an "Outlook not responding" message in the title bar. Within a fw seconds, the application slightly greys -out with the 'hourglass' still spinning - and the entire thing is non-responsive - only way out is to close the app.. This only effected Outlook until yesterday - but ha...

If I get 'access denied' one more time with Vista I am going to go to Linux : I hate Vista, I despise Vista. I absolutely hate Vista!
From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not buy Windows 7, maybe never. "U S Army Veteran" <someone@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7Wdnfh2e4m3HYPWnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@giganews.com... > From a 17 year user of windows. I no longer trust Microsoft and will not > buy Windows 7, maybe never. Sounds like you are too stupid to use Windows. You are a perfect candidate for that crappy Ubuntu. Get with Alias, he will be happy to get another user. Don't let the screen door hit your ass on the way out On Tue, 08 Dec 2...

DOS window does not go away after execution..?
Hi guys, I execute certain batch file by making command line string and CreateProcess(). They works well except that after execution, DOS window does not go away automatically. I think windows version matters because only Win98 is making this trouble. In Win95, 2K, DOS window is closed right after execution. Any idea? Regards Bob Do you mean "batch command" as in ".bat file" or do you mean "console app"? The description is a bit ambiguous. Describe exactly what you are doing, e.g., show the CreateProcess call and describe the arguments you are giving it. j...

Word 2007 - Windows 7
We generate reports that contain still images of AVI animations. It used to be that we could drag and drop the AVI file into the document and a graphic image would appear; now all we get is an icon. I believe this occurred as the result of an upgrade to Window2 7 form XP SP2. We'd like to retain embedding the video as it can then be activated by a click should the reader decide to do that, but what happened to the still image? I expect it's something really stupid that I've forgotten, but you never know... ...

No longer going into Hibernate.
Hi, I am running a Windows 7 Professional x64 system that used to go into Hibernation without any problems. However, since replacing my system drive with a SSD, my computer will no longer go into Hibernation. Rather, it just goes to the lock screen. The SSD is the drive on which Windows us located. The SSD is seen as a removable drive. Could this be the issue? My complete system settings are included in my signature. Thank you. -- BadHead :) --- OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3 ---------------------------...

Can no longer load Outlook 2000
I have Windows 98 and have been running Outlook 2000, with no problems, for a year. Now, all of a sudden, the Outlook startup screen comes up and then it freezes. Don't know that my computer specs matter, but: 160 MB RAM, Cyrix II processor Have you done a Detect/Repair? Tried closing any other running apps? David "Claudia" <claudia64@excite.com> wrote in message news:000b01c364da$8bf9d500$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Windows 98 and have been running Outlook 2000, with > no problems, for a year. Now, all of a sudden, the > Outlook startup screen comes up a...

Go to a new record on a subform
I have a main form with a button on it to save. On the subform I have a call log that has multiple call logs. I would like to hit the save button on the main form and then make the subform go to a new record. How can I do this? Moving focus from the subform to the main form will in and of itself, save the subform record so the save button on the main form is redundant. Tabbing out of a new record in the subform from should automatically bring you to a new empty record. "pokdbz" <pokdbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F0019C-9B4C-4320-B246-E76F02FB3F...

Arrow Keys No Longer Work in EXCEL
The arrow keys no longer work properly in Excel. I used to be able to move left/right/up/down with the arrow keys. Now, every time I hit an arrow key the whole sheet moves. I noticed that the solution for this on the PC is that the scroll key is locked. I have a MAC - hence no scroll key (i believe). Any thoughts??? Press Scroll Lock one more time -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "RJM" <rmcgivney@hartford.edu> wrote in message news:1133794598.726649.59010@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > The arrow keys no longer work properly in Excel. I used to be able to > move...

No Longer Greying Out!
Windows XP, IE7 When on Google or other websites it used to grey out the titles that I already visited. It suddenly stopped doing that. Thanks for sharing. "Furjaw" <Furjaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F4A524B-867C-4D6B-A683-1FB5CB4ED6DA@microsoft.com... > Windows XP, IE7 > When on Google or other websites it used to grey out the titles that I > already visited. It suddenly stopped doing that. We shall alert the media. Furjaw wrote: > Windows XP, IE7 > When on Google or other websites it used to grey out the titles th...

how do I make my inbox keep emails longer
my outlook inbox only keeps email for 2 weeks. how do i make it keep it longer? droper <droper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my outlook inbox only keeps email for 2 weeks. how do i make it keep > it longer? Perhaps you have a view that is showing you only the last two weeks. Perhaps you have autoarchive configured to remove messages only than that. -- Brian Tillman ...

"Go To" icon?
Outlook 2000 In the customize section you can add icons to the toolbar to take you to the Inbox or Calendar automatically. Is there a way to add an icon to go to a user created folder. -- Thanks in advance... Bob IIRC you can't assign a Hyperlink to a button in Outlook 2000 like you can in Outlook 2002 and 2003. If you can do it in Outlook 2000 as well you can create a shortcut to the folder by using; outlook:foldername/subfoldername -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstream...

Outlook 2007 unread messages no longer appear bold
Problem: All received message headers in the Inbox appear in condensed font (not bold, un-bolded) before being read (opened, previewed, viewed or clicked on). Steps to correct: Right click condensed but un-read message and "Mark as unread" is not available but “Mark as read” is available. Right click on condensed messages that have been read, choose “Mark as unread” and bold font does not appear. In other folders bold appears on unread messages as expected. Font changes to condensed after deselecting them and can be changed back to bold if "Mark as unread&...

Exchange Only mail not going.
Server = 2003 Std Exchange = 2003 Std Clients using SMTP & POP to/from various ISP's, Exchange is the central archive for company. But will eventually be ONLY email. Email addressed via Exchange goes nowhere. Some sit in X400 queue, others just vanish. Email from Administrator account. (No SMTP to ISP, ONLY an Exchange account) just vanishes. Not on any queue, but Outlook claims it was sent. Email To Administrator From Administrator using X400 address vanishes Email To Administrator From Administrator using SMTP address vanishes. Email To working client From Administrator using X400 o...

Dongle not longer recognized after mainboard change
Hi everyone, after we changed mainboard and CPU of our HQ server the HQ components do not recognize the dongle anymore and switch back to evaluationmode although the dongle is installed and recognized by the driver correctly. (RMS V1.0) Reboots/driverupdates/HQ reinstall did not help. Our softwaresupplier suggested a complete reinstall of the whole system (OS etc.) but as you can imagine I want to avoid that. The dongle is ok. (Tried it on a testmaschine). Any ideas what to do? Best regards, Chris Hi Chris, the below text is from a MS article on resolving copy protection device errors. ...

When is the first service pack going to be available ????
When is the first service pack going to be available for Money 2005 ? As it is now, it's absolutely useless. I spent more than 6 hours migrating my stuff over from 2003 only to find out that it crashes every time it tries to sync up with banks. I'm aghast at Microsoft actually releasing this thing when it's no obviously not ready. Probably around 9/1/2005 if the past is any indication. It'll be called Money 2006. "Kurt" <kurt123@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:206201c4a8d4$38667b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When is the first service pack going to b...

Going to China to help friend with XP, but...
....I do not have a recovery disc and they don't either. BTW, I will be getting married to this friend. Okay, they have a laptop on XP. They think they have a virus and claims it doesn't run that well, or barely. She told me she thinks she can backup files. So I want to know, if I should wipe HD clean and start over with same OS--or try to download stuff from there? I'm also nervous about not having access to sites like this since government blocks stuff online. So I am trying to think of backup plan to download updates at sites with links--including MS. Additionally, get...