J.
0
Jason
9/10/2010 9:45:38 AM
windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2010-09-10 05:45, Jason wrote:
> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
> changes haven't occurred in media player.

Win 7 Forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7

or

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at
> the bottom instead of the right?
>
> Thanks,
> J.

Windows Live:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowslive
0
Bobby
9/10/2010 10:52:08 AM
Hi, Jason.

To remove/restore/move the Reading Pane in the version of WLMail that you
are using (Wave 3, Build 14.0.8089.726), click View | Layout, just as we did
in WM (and OE?  I don't recall).  In the newer Wave 4 beta, which I'm using,
we click View and choose Reading Pane on the new Ribbon.  If you'd like to
try the Wave 4 beta (or the newer build of Wave 3), download it free from:
Windows Live Essentials beta
http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta

The WLM Team opted to hide the familiar Menu Bar, by default, to give us
more vertical screen real estate.  To see it momentarily, just press <Alt>;
to toggle it on/off, use <Alt>M, M.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Jason"  wrote in message news:uvQqVzMULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
changes haven't occurred in media player.

In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
bottom instead of the right?

Thanks,
J.

To ask a question it requires you join and get an unwanted email account
that you must agree allows spamming.

"Bobby Johnson" <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On 2010-09-10 05:45, Jason wrote:
>> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
>> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>
> Win 7 Forum:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
>
> or
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories
>

>> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at
>> the bottom instead of the right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> J.
>
> Windows Live:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowslive

0
Will
9/10/2010 7:25:08 PM
Thanks, but i don't have view on the menu bar.

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Jason.
>
> To remove/restore/move the Reading Pane in the version of WLMail that you
> are using (Wave 3, Build 14.0.8089.726), click View | Layout, just as we
> did in WM (and OE?  I don't recall).  In the newer Wave 4 beta, which I'm
> using, we click View and choose Reading Pane on the new Ribbon.  If you'd
> like to try the Wave 4 beta (or the newer build of Wave 3), download it
> free from:
> Windows Live Essentials beta
> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
>
> The WLM Team opted to hide the familiar Menu Bar, by default, to give us
> more vertical screen real estate.  To see it momentarily, just press
> <Alt>; to toggle it on/off, use <Alt>M, M.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
> x64
>

> "Jason"  wrote in message news:uvQqVzMULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>
> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
> bottom instead of the right?
>
> Thanks,
> J.

0
Jason
9/10/2010 8:15:16 PM
Hi, Jason.

Did you read ALL my message?  I told you how to get the Menu Bar.

Or, in WLMail's main window, just press <Alt>V to see the View context menu
and select Layout from that.

RC
--

"Jason"  wrote in message news:eaLS$SSULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Thanks, but i don't have view on the menu bar.

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Jason.
>
> To remove/restore/move the Reading Pane in the version of WLMail that you
> are using (Wave 3, Build 14.0.8089.726), click View | Layout, just as we
> did in WM (and OE?  I don't recall).  In the newer Wave 4 beta, which I'm
> using, we click View and choose Reading Pane on the new Ribbon.  If you'd
> like to try the Wave 4 beta (or the newer build of Wave 3), download it
> free from:
> Windows Live Essentials beta
> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
>
> The WLM Team opted to hide the familiar Menu Bar, by default, to give us
> more vertical screen real estate.  To see it momentarily, just press
> <Alt>; to toggle it on/off, use <Alt>M, M.
>
> RC
>

> "Jason"  wrote in message news:uvQqVzMULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>
> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
> bottom instead of the right?
>
> Thanks,
> J.

Hi, again, Jason.

Are you confusing the Toolbar with the Menu Bar?  Many users do, especially
since WLM hides the Menu Bar by default.

The Menu Bar is the one that starts with the familiar File | View | Tools...
| Help.    That sequence is probably not right because I've been using the
Wave 4 beta for a month or so and that Ribbon is quite different from the
Menu Bar - which I've forgotten so soon, even after using it since OE. But
the Menu Bar does start with File, and View is on it.

View is not on the Toolbar.  You have to enable the Menu Bar.  As I said
earlier, just press the <Alt> key and watch for the Menu Bar to appear.
After you click View (or anything else on that bar), it will disappear until
you call it up again.  There are a couple of ways to keep it there
(semi-)permanently; one way is the <Alt>M,M sequence that I mentioned.

Or call up the View menu with <Alt>V, which I also mentioned.

I've always used POP3 for email.  Is WLMail different with Hotmail?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@grandecom.net
Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate x64

"Jason"  wrote in message news:eaLS$SSULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Thanks, but i don't have view on the menu bar.

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
> Hi, Jason.
>
> To remove/restore/move the Reading Pane in the version of WLMail that you
> are using (Wave 3, Build 14.0.8089.726), click View | Layout, just as we
> did in WM (and OE?  I don't recall).  In the newer Wave 4 beta, which I'm
> using, we click View and choose Reading Pane on the new Ribbon.  If you'd
> like to try the Wave 4 beta (or the newer build of Wave 3), download it
> free from:
> Windows Live Essentials beta
> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
>
> The WLM Team opted to hide the familiar Menu Bar, by default, to give us
> more vertical screen real estate.  To see it momentarily, just press
> <Alt>; to toggle it on/off, use <Alt>M, M.
>
> RC
>

> "Jason"  wrote in message news:uvQqVzMULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>
> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
> bottom instead of the right?
>
> Thanks,
> J.

Thanks,

That worked but unlike Outlook Express it turns the reading pane off in
every folder.

> Hi, again, Jason.
>
> Are you confusing the Toolbar with the Menu Bar?  Many users do,
> especially since WLM hides the Menu Bar by default.
>
> The Menu Bar is the one that starts with the familiar File | View |
> Tools... | Help.    That sequence is probably not right because I've been
> using the Wave 4 beta for a month or so and that Ribbon is quite different
> from the Menu Bar - which I've forgotten so soon, even after using it
> since OE. But the Menu Bar does start with File, and View is on it.
>
> View is not on the Toolbar.  You have to enable the Menu Bar.  As I said
> earlier, just press the <Alt> key and watch for the Menu Bar to appear.
> After you click View (or anything else on that bar), it will disappear
> until you call it up again.  There are a couple of ways to keep it there
> (semi-)permanently; one way is the <Alt>M,M sequence that I mentioned.
>
> Or call up the View menu with <Alt>V, which I also mentioned.
>
> I've always used POP3 for email.  Is WLMail different with Hotmail?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810)) in Win7 Ultimate
> x64
>

> "Jason"  wrote in message news:eaLS$SSULHA.5432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> Thanks, but i don't have view on the menu bar.
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, Jason.
>>
>> To remove/restore/move the Reading Pane in the version of WLMail that you
>> are using (Wave 3, Build 14.0.8089.726), click View | Layout, just as we
>> did in WM (and OE?  I don't recall).  In the newer Wave 4 beta, which I'm
>> using, we click View and choose Reading Pane on the new Ribbon.  If you'd
>> like to try the Wave 4 beta (or the newer build of Wave 3), download it
>> free from:
>> Windows Live Essentials beta
>> http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-beta
>>
>> The WLM Team opted to hide the familiar Menu Bar, by default, to give us
>> more vertical screen real estate.  To see it momentarily, just press
>> <Alt>; to toggle it on/off, use <Alt>M, M.
>>
>> RC
>>

>> "Jason"  wrote in message news:uvQqVzMULHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
>> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>>
>> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
>> bottom instead of the right?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> J.

0
Jason
9/11/2010 4:55:08 AM
Turns out the media player 7 is the opposite to xp - edit the artist in
media player then the tag is updated,

"Jason" <jallen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>
> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
> bottom instead of the right?
>
> Thanks,
> J.

0
Jason
9/11/2010 9:59:56 AM
Turns out the contributing artist has to be edited in Media player also!

"Jason" <jallen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've edited the tags for songs where the artist was mis-spelt but the
> changes haven't occurred in media player.
>
> In mail how do i remove the reading preview pane or make it appear at the
> bottom instead of the right?
>
> Thanks,
> J.
0
Jason

How to make CStatic been on top of all child windows in my dialog?
Hi there. I'm just expiriencing some problems with CStatic behaviour. The point is that I have some CStatic that I want to use as a nitification label. sometimes I need to show user some information and I want to do that the way when a Label appeare in the middle of the dialog and stay on top of all other controls placed o dialog. I use the following functions to make a CStatic visible and been on top, but it doesn't work well: ::SetWindowPos(m_lblPartsMsg.m_hWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | WP_NOSIZE ); Coudl you suggest me what I have to do to acchive the behaviour I ...

Outlook 2003 in Windows 2000
A friend at work recently installed MS Outlook 2003 on his Windows 2000/NT by IT. A problem he has was that when he get email with urls on it, he has to close all his IE browsers that were already in use in order to click the url on his email. Any ideas on how to let the IE browsers stay open? Thanks Mike Is there a firewall/proxy running? That could be the problem. Also, like at my company, if the link is for a secure site, it will not work till we get past the proxy... <yared22311@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1102770904.531319.123020@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >A frie...

windows live just stopped reconising my user name and password
live wont let me get my email it keeps saying my user name and password is incorrect,even tho its right? it works on other mail programs? getting very board of windows 7......it like going back to windows 98 problems Post the contents of the full error message, WLM version, and Windows = version. And...disable email scanning in your AV client. -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "djdee2" wrote in message = news:1BD3F038-5D06-4C2A-80BC-147A4BD0A290@microsoft.com... live wont let me get my email it keeps saying my user name and password is incorrect,even tho its = ...

cannot start Microsoft office. Cannot open the Outlook window. ol 2007
Computer info: Vista sp1 Office Pro 2007 sp2 MSO 12.0.6424.1000 attached to a AD Win 2003 network running Exchange 2003 sp2 What I was doing prior to receiving error: I was attempting to install Vista sp2, when I was notified that I must install a service pack version that was compatible with the languages installed on the system or remove the unneeded ones (only need US english). I decided to uninstall the unneeded languages. After completing the required reboot, I attempted to check my e-mail and got the error message... I get the this error message whenever I attempt to open outlo...

Media player queuing
I have (now) windows xp home, because windows blew up and I had to re-install my operating system. Before, I played audio tracks with my choice media player, Media Monkey. I could right-click an audio track in my comp and in the box that popped up, I could see these options : play next, play last (and more). I could queue several tracks in the player. Well, I've read every line of every catagory and sub-catagory in the player and can't figure out how to do that again! I DID right-click an audio file and chose : open with - then chose Monkey and also chose ALWAYS open the...

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition and Media Extender XBOX 360.
Dear friends! I cannot get my XBOX 360 to communicate (via hard wire) to my WMC7 PC. I have tried everything i found on internet regarding this problem. This is the error message i've got in the Media Center Log: Media Center Extender Setup failed as the Extender was detected on the network but the UPnP search for the Extender failed (timed out after 20000ms). Som data about my environment: -Netgear Router FVS318v3 with latest firmware and UPNP enabled. UPNP works fine in my home network. -Xbox 360 and Windows 7 PC are on same neetwork. -Xbox 360 Live connections wor...

Windows update error 8007422
Hi, I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (portuguese version). Since one month that I'm not able to get updates. I've already tried: - checked for viruses with AVG9, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal. No virus found. - checked and restart all services required (windows update, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Windows Event Log and Software Licensing). - run the batch file (sc config wuauserv start= auto sc config bits start= auto sc config DcomLaunch start= auto net stop wuauserv net start wuauserv net stop bits net start bits net...

Windows Media Center ??
Is it possible to run windows Media center under windows xp- pro ? The links that I can find seem to want you to up grade to windows 7 ... there are some old posts to downloads for the center .. but these seem to be now upgraded to windows 7 I have a hap TV card .. which requires the media center to use the dual tuner facility .. not - windows media player .. this is not suitable tnx - G . WinXP MCE and WinXP Pro are pretty much (but not quite) the same thing. If your hardware is compatible, you might consider "upgrading" to ...

Modified Note Window
I have modified the Note window to remove the delete button and removed the functionally behind it as well. My client frequently has the note window open for one customer and minimizes it and opens another customers notes. When you open the note window for a second time it does not bring up the modified window, it brings up the original window before the modifications. Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed or if this is a bug in GP's. -- Have a great day! W Sue Sue, There are 5 note windows that need to be modified in the same manner. More than likely you only modified th...

Windows 2008 R2 and SQL SSMSE installation
Hi, I am tring to install SQL 2008 R2 and SSMSE on a Server 2008 Server that has already been upgraded to Powershell V2. I have been unable to get Powershell V1 installed, even after removing PoshV2, and downloading Poshv1, I get an error installing Posh V1, says this update does not apply to your system. If I install powershell via the deature mangement tool, it installs V2. So how in the heck can I install SQL and SSMSE on Server 2008 R2, if SSMSE requires PoshV1, and 2008 R2 comes with v2 by default? Why does SSMSE hangup on v1 so much, isnt Posh suppose to be backwar...

windows live mail
How do I change Outlook to use Windows Live Mail instead of Windows Mail? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do as outlook uses the acct you have it configured to use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messag...

Problems with Media Center, Media Player!!
I am havinb a Windows XP Media Center 2005 os on my laptop. I am using the laptop since 2-3 years now. Every thing was working fine till a month back. Last month, my graphics card had a problem and cause of that I had to change the motherboard of the laptop. It was done by authorized HP service center. After that I am facing a strang frustrating problem. The speaker on/off button on my Media Center key pad of the laptop is acting wierd, and speakers are geting on/off randomly, at the same time It launches the Media Center, Quick Play and Media Player randomly whenever this spea...

Out of Office doesn't reply the external mails after migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
After I have made an In-Place migration of Exchange server with all of the mailboxes on it without using exmerge, the Out-of-Office of most of the old users, which are created before migration, replies only the internal mails but no more external mails. The Out-of -Office of the new users, which are created after migration, works however very well. Using Mdbvu32.exe (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248709/en-us) I have removed the inbox rules (each row with CB items, OOF Rules or MSFT:TDX OOF Rules under "Associated Messages in Fld") and even all rules in an inbox under it. But t...

Moving windows
Hi, I would like to programmatically move a window control at runtime. As a test, I've defined a (CRect) nice position and size in the resource windows. However, I try to use the MoveWindow function using the above CRect, the window isn't positioned properly (the windows is a bit lower and a bit to the right). Do you know why? The following is my code: ////////////////////////////////////////////////// CRect myRect; m_grid.GetWindowRect(&myRect); m_grid.MoveWindow(&myRect); I was expecting the window to be at the same place, but it isn't. //////////////////////////////...

Games for Windows
Was able to download all of the other previous failed downloads, but this one. Do not receive any kind of error message, other than it tells me download failed to install. Not sure how to get this one to install successfully. Thanks for any and all comments. ...

Mail Merge 11-25-09
I'm trying to create a mail merge document in Microsoft Word that takes the information from an existing Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. I've never done mail merge before, so i am very unfamiliar with it. When i follow the instructions, i get to a point where i have to browse for recepients using an existing list. Once i click on the excel document i want, a window comes up that says select table. That's fine. But in this window it has a box to check off "first row of data contains column headers", and my column titles are in the SECOND row. The first row has t...

Hi There, I'm a total amateur writing a nifty little jukebox for my house, with a few bits of security in preparation for a party... ;) As a result I'm trying to use Visual C++ with an Windows Media Player ActiveX control.... And getting absolutely nowhere... Can anyone shed any light on the methods I need to use? Also I can't seem to find out how to query id3 tag data with c++... Anyone out there who's can help a bewildered newbie?? Cheers How are you doing it now? Where are you stuck. Here is what I would do. Go to your resource editor, and add the ActiveX control...

Is it just me - or are - windows 7 - media center - windows live mail
Some three months into Windows 7 X64 and just about reconciled to absence of NewsGroups via Outlook Express - when up jumps Windows Live Mail - evidently with capability to reach out and subscribe to NTTP Newsgroups. I surmise - there must also be a host of features (or at least - some) which also I have managed to overlook - which are part of the Media Center Software. Won't even mention the new look of Office 2007 (2010 you say?) where it takes a dullard like me - a few weeks to find the help tab.... But - getting there is said to be more important than the final ...

Magnetic Media for prior years
My client needs to send copies of their W2's to SS for 2007. They didn't own mag media then. When I go in to create the file it only gives me 2008 as an option. Is there a way to make 2007 data available so we don't have to re-print 200 W2's? Thanks for any help. Tracey D ...

Flash Window Color
Hi I am using VC++. I have written a Dialog based application, the application alerts a user to various levels of alarms. When the og is minimised - I need the icon in the taskbar to flash various colors depending on the alarm level. At the moment I am using a timer and FlashWindow, however, this only flashes the icon the default colors (blue and grey). How can I change the Color of the flashing Icon? Thankyou very much in advance. Here is the code I am using at the moment: void CC7ServerDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if(this->IsIconic()) { if(showErrors) { if(fl...

Media Player 11 Changes Media Icons On All My Media Files
I just loaded MP11 and suddenly realized the icons on all my media files had been changed to some icon I did not recognize. The Media application icon is as it should be but files I am use to looking at have changed. It is possible to revert this back or do I need to just roll back to MP10 Media File Icon before: ****************** Media File after upgrade to MP7: begin 666 1WinMedia 7 file Icon Before.jpeg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0```0`!``#_VP!#``$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$! M`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0'_ MVP!#`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0...

Outlook.exe has caused errors and windows is closing it
It also says it is creating an error log. We have basically put a user profile and reimaged the computer and still have this error that shuts down Outlook. 1. It appears that there must be something in the data of outlook since that is all that remains from the previous installation. We have removed all calendar items and still have problems. All that remains are email items. Virus signatures are current (today). Any ideas? 2. Where is this error log. What is it called. We have searched for it on the local hard disk and don't see anything that we can access. Has anyone had ...

Media for CRM 3.0
Where do customeres on software assurance get media for CRM 3.0. Will it come in the mail, or does the partner have to order it form them? -- --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon ---------------------------- Pierre, You have to order a mediakit for CRM 3.0. This must be doen via a Microsoft Partner. It's around ? 30,00 -- Erik van Hoof CWR Mobility Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog "Pierre Hulsebus" <support@ehtc.com> w...

Windows Media (Media Center, Media Player) Fails to Install
I recently wiped my PC clean, to reinstall Win 7 after the MS Nannies kept me from doing anything administrative with files and folders ("you don't have rights to...."). After re-installing a clean Win 7, which by the way did not still fix all of the rights issues, my Windows Media Center and Windows Media Players never went in right. Several other MS programs don't update correctly, and nothing that the KB says fixes the problem. I've gone through my systems and tried to take ownership rights on folders/files as needed, but it's so frustrating. > ...

Footer/Tag to Outbound E-mails in Exchange 2003
How do I add a Confidentiality notice to the bottom of all outbound e-mails on Exchange 2003 and what is it called? ...