Link select with a blast

I have Win 7 Home Premium, x64. Quite often, when I select a link, a mouse
pointer changes to a palm with a blast. I understand, the palm is the
standard mouse pointer for link select, but what is the blast? What it
indicates?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

0
Ilya
7/10/2010 5:26:31 PM
windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Ilya,

I suspect that this is being caused by a tracking program.
Run something like Ad-Aware and see if it indicates a tracking company.
If so, you can delete it, however, it might prevent you from accessing that
particular website.

Dave

"Ilya Zeldes"  wrote in message

I have Win 7 Home Premium, x64. Quite often, when I select a link, a mouse
pointer changes to a palm with a blast. I understand, the palm is the
standard mouse pointer for link select, but what is the blast? What it
indicates?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

0
FiOS
7/10/2010 8:31:44 PM
Dave,
I have Norton installed and presume it should take care of the tracking
programs... Also, this happens, I think, most of the times, not just on some
sites...

Ilya

"FiOS-Dave" <FiOS-Dave@fakeaddress.zz> wrote in message
> Hi Ilya,
>
> I suspect that this is being caused by a tracking program.
> Run something like Ad-Aware and see if it indicates a tracking company.
> If so, you can delete it, however, it might prevent you from accessing
> that particular website.
>
> Dave
>

> "Ilya Zeldes"  wrote in message
>
> I have Win 7 Home Premium, x64. Quite often, when I select a link, a mouse
> pointer changes to a palm with a blast. I understand, the palm is the
> standard mouse pointer for link select, but what is the blast? What it
> indicates?
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

0
Ilya

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

CTreeCtrl/CTreeView with no items selected. Is it possible?
Hi, Is it possible to have a tree containing items without any of them selected? Thanks, Dan Yes. TreeView_Select() or TVM_SELECTITEM with hItem==NULL will make the treeview control have no selected item. Mark "dan" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to have a tree containing items without any of them selected? > > Thanks, > Dan > > > Mark Salsbery wrote (in news:2582F040-66C3-45EE-B13E-AC7C89604DFF@microsoft.com): > Yes. TreeView_Select() or TVM_SELECTITEM with hItem==NULL will make the > treeview control have no selected item. >...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

How do I type in a tab label and get that tab to be selected?
I want to put a list of parts that go into an assembly into a data base (excel or access) and to be able to easily retreve that list. The idea is to type in the number of the assembly and have that data appear on screen. Any suggestions would be helpful. You can set up you Parts Detail Table in say A1:L100 on Sheet1, then if you type a part number in A1 of sheet2, you could make the data in the second column of your data table appear in B1 on sheet2 by entering in B2 =IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$L$100,2,FALSE)) You might also want to put it in Access and d...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Triple Click selection
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC None of the Office applications seem to conform with the triple-click text selection method which has been documented (and a convention for any serious application) for over a decade on Mac OS's. Is there some remotely located preference I can enable this functionality (which should be standard use in my mind)? FYI convention is: double-click selects Word under cursor triple-click selects the Line of text (single line only) quaddrupal-click selects Para quintuple-click selects All yeah and isn't it a pain when you triple...

Why is Publisher crashing when I select Print Preview?
I've used Print Preview before, but now the whole program closes when I select it. It doesn't make a difference whether I select it on the toolbar or from the dropdown menus. Any thoughts. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Leah S-W" <Leah S-W@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B027FA0-7425-4CF9-94BE-0CA15A05FF45@microsoft.com... > I've used Print Preview before, but now the ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Contact categories selection
Win XP, Office XP When opening a contact file, I know I can Alt-G to open the categories, and then hitting any key takes me to the first category starting with that letter, but then I can't 'select' that categories check box without using the mouse. Once the category is highlighted, is there a way to select the category box using key commands? thx doug Hitting the spacebar should check or uncheck the item. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Copying selected items from Listbox into Textbox #2
Thanks for the response Jim. Unfortunately I'm trying to copy the selected items from the listbox o uf2 and display them in a textbox on uf1, not another listbox. I'v tried tinkering with the code below to see if I could modify it to cop it directly to a textbox, but to no avail. Can you suggest how I woul modify the code to achieve this. Jim Rech Wrote: > I'd suggest that in second userform's module you have a sub like thi > run > from the button's click: > > Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() > CopySelectedItems > Unload Me > End Sub > >...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...

VBA Code for selecting row
Ok I know how to write the code for selecting a row. Here is an example: Rows("8:27").Select What if instead of the number i want to use vairables such as: Rows("x:y").Select Can anyone tell me how to do this? If you can please email wtadder@hotmail.com Try this x = 3 y = 10 Rows(x & ":" & y).Select -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "wtadder@hotmail.com" <wtadder@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9952A985-5D7B-48D0-A302-5466A398AC44@microsoft.com... > Ok I know how to write the code...

Help with links in one worksheet please
Hi I have made up a worksheet that will work out all my takings & expenses for the week. I have then made a totals sheet which I would like to add up all the Weekly totals for the year. I have done all the links from the Weekly sheet to the totals sheet and they all work fine. As I will have 52 weeks how do I copy the links I have made for week one (with the relevant changes for that weekly sheet) in the totals sheet? I hope you can understand this Any web sites that may help? Thanks for looking Derek One way is to make a list of your sheet names in col A and use or a modifi...