Fail to create IXSSO.Query object

I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 /
IIS 7.

* We have the "Indexing Service" started.
* I have forced IIS to run application pool in 32 bit mode.
* IXSSO.DLL is present in System32 directory.  (dated 7/13/2009  it is from
W2k8, I assume it is 64 bits)
* Catalogs were created and looked OK.

However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object.
Get the following error message :

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
ActiveX component can't create object
/HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39

The ASP code is like this:
<%
                                    Dim sSearchString
                                    Dim oQuery
                                    Dim results()
                                    sSearchString = Request.Form("query")
                                    Const SEARCH_CATALOG = "Headlines"

                                    Set oQuery =
Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query")
                                    oQuery.Catalog = SEARCH_CATALOG
                                    oQuery.Query = "@all " & sSearchString &
" AND NOT #path *downloads* AND NOT #path *images* AND NOT #filename *.class
AND NOT #filename *.asa AND NOT #filename *.css AND NOT #filename
*postinfo.html AND NOT *.txt AND NOT #filename sendmail.asp, AND NOT
#filename *defaultpopup.asp"

                                    oQuery.MaxRecords = 50
                                    ' sort by creation date
                                    oQuery.SortBy = "Create[d]"
                                    'oQuery.SortBy = "rank[d]"
                                    oQuery.Columns = "Htmlhref, DocAuthor,
vpath, doctitle, FileName, Path, Write, Size, Rank, Create, Characterization,
DocCategory, HitCount"
                                    Set oRS =
oQuery.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential")
                                    %>

It crashed at     "  Set oQuery = Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query")  "

My question:
Can I replace IXSSO.DLL from W2K (6/19/2003 32 Bit ) on W2K8?  Thus the
"bitness" issue can be resolved.  However the process is still 64 bit, isn't
it?

I was reading one of the old window VISTA forum.  I found this explanation,
but I cannot put it together to apply to ASP.

QUOTE
A VBS file will by default be executed by the WScript.exe in System32 folder
but on a 64 bit system this is a 64 bit process. Trying to instance the
class fails since the dll is 32 bit. Using the WScrpt.exe in the SysWOW64
folder works fine.
UNQUOTE

what am I missing?

windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Vlookup query that checks 2 conditions
I've posted this before without too much luck so here it goes again... I'm trying to automate the creation of a vendor report that lists al vendor sales. Basically I need a formula that, based on a unique vendo number, will: - check colomn A for the vendor number match - then check column B to see if there is a buyer number (which mean that the item is sold) - then dumps then 'nth' occurance of the value / text from the column specify (8) I'm currrently using the formula: {=IF(Catalog!B2:B428 0,INDEX(VendorReportData,SMALL(IF(VendorReportData=$N$13,ROW(Catalog!$A$2:$...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

Need help creating Gift Receipt
The system doesn't have a gift receipt template. Turning everything to false in receipt format still shows the cost. I believe the reason for a gift receipt is not to show what the customer pays. Does anyone have a template I can use or can anyone give me a direction to remove the cost of each item and totals. What line etc. MS has a gift receipt on the web site just go to customer source and it is under the doc's area " Rick help me on this part: customer source? Where would that be and how do I access. We bought this from a MS partner and the relationish and service is ...

How to Organize, create new inboxes
I'm using outlook 2002. I would like to have an inbox for each e-mail account. I'm exasperated! How do I do that? Thanks in advance. Fish You can't. Create sub-folders for your separate accounts and route mail there via rules based on unique identifiers. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Fish asked: | I'm using outlook 2002. | | I wo...

Outlook 2007 create background
it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in outlook 2007 !? Aloha ami, I wish that were true however...Tools | Options | Mail Format | Stationery and Fonts. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > it seems that there is no way to create a stationary or theme in > outlook 2007 !? > You cannot create new stationery for Outlook 2007, but you can create = new themes. In an open message, on the Options tab, make your changes = with the commands in the Them...

Compare queries
Hi all I have several access programs that are extremely similar but written for a purpose at the time I now wish to combine into one access program Is there a simple way of checking queries between these programs to see if they do the same job or not Hope this makes sense, regards, Garry ...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

Saving grouped objects- EMERGENCY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible for me to save grouped objects as their own jpeg file? I have a jpeg file and I have grouped it together with a text file. I need to save this as one item so I can use it in several different documents. I need it to be at least a jpeg file so that I may be used in printed marketing items. Suggestions? By "text file" do you mean text *box*? If so, Control/Right-Click the grouped object & select Save As Picture, then choose the format you want to save in. I'd reconsider using JPEG if you&#...

Creating Functions
Hello Can you utilise excel functions within your own user defined fucntion ? My function (BWK) takes a date fromat 1040801 converts it to 01/08/0 then i would like to use weeknum to give the week for this date. So the function BWK(1040801) is giving me 31 on the spreadsheet I tried Function BWK(AS400 As String) ldate = Len(AS400) If ldate = 7 Then AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 6, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 4, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) Else AS400Day = Mid(AS400, 8, 2) AS400Month = Mid(AS400, 5, 2) AS400Year = Mid(AS400, 2, 2) End If DateConvert = AS400Day & "/" & AS400...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Data Query grayed out
I have a workbook I've been using for a couple of years and refreshing the data queries pretty much daily. All of a sudden the "Refresh" item on the right-click menu is grayed out. I similarly can't get the data to refresh -- it pulls from a CSV file I download -- via other means. I tried deleting the query and recreating it. Same thing. This has me baffled. Any ideas? Thanks, Sarah Is the worksheet that contains the query protected? That can have the effect of "graying out" a lot of functions you can normally access. HTH, Eric &q...

Assertion while creating a window
Hello there, I am trying to add a window as a tab of tab control. My tab control already has two tab ( tree controls are attached to both tabs) Now I am trying to create a window and attaching a window to third tab. So I created a class CSearchTabWnd derived from CWnd and trying to create it in OnCreate of tab control. But I am getting an assertion failure when I call create method of CSearchTabWnd. Let me know where I am wrong ! Assertion is at ASSERT(pWnd->m_hWnd == NULL); in AfxHookWindowCreate // Create Search Tab Window if(!m_wndSearchTab.Create(NULL,"Search",WS_CHILD | WS_V...

Control toolbox objects
I have created a template that has combo boxes and radio buttons on most rows. When I try and delete the bottom row, the row deletes, but the combo and radio remain. I have tried cutting them and deleting them or moving them, but nothing helps. I have tried in Excel 2003 and 2002. Help. That is because they are not on the worksheet but 'above' it. Select them individually and delete them. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Creating users with an account other than sa
Oneof the new features with version 8 is the ability to create users, companies etc without being logged in as sa. I cannot find out how to do this! The GP What's New says: Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by a Great Plains administrator. Examples of these tasks include making backups, creating companies, and creating new user IDs. The help file says: You must be logged in ...

Changing Input to code that creates a chart
Hi - I have a report that has a chart in it. Every time the use changes the dimensions / measures of the report grid, I want the chart to reflect that change. At the moment I can't see how to even delete my chart and then recereate it with different data range. Sub make_chart() Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLine ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Detail").Range("B7:H9"), PlotBy:= _ xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Detail" With ActiveChart .HasTitle = False ....

How to set up relationship query for minerals database
Good morning everyone, I'm using Access 2003 and am working on a minerals database. The main table has a field COM_MIN (common minerals) which shows the minerals occurring at a particular location e.g. ID Lat Long Com_Min 123 -27.5 148.66 scheelite, gypsum, galena My next table has individual minerals and their properties ID MINERAL Density Streak etc 257 Scheelite 7.2 Gray 1286 Gypsum 2.6 White 44 Galena 6.7 ...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

how do I use v-lookup when creating a sales sheet
How do I use vlookup when creating a multiworksheet sales sheet? If you give more detail on how the sheets are set up, and what you want the VLookup to return, someone may be able to help. There's information on VLookup in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Mark wrote: > How do I use vlookup when creating a multiworksheet sales sheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Query vs form with child & parent: Deleting rows
When I delete a row from a query involving both parent and child rows, what determines which rows are deleted from the source tables? When I display a joining query in datasheet mode and manually delete one of the rows, only the record from the child table deleted, as I intended. But when I display this query in a form and delete a row from there, it deletes the source record from both the child and the parent tables. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether the join is inner or outer, nor even whether I display parent data in the form. I've been trying for a while to f...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

How do I create a bar (1-100) in exel?
Hi! My skill in excel is slowly improving but there are still a few things I need help with every now and then. I have a column with chapter titles (Column A). In columns B, C, D there are %-ages where the total = 100%. What I would like to do in another sheet is to displat the results in a horisontal bar in three different coulors. If column B is 35% then I would like the first 35% of that bar be, say, green. If C is 25% and D, subsequently, 40%, then I want that bar to be 25%, say yellow, and 40%, say, red. I don't want it all in a graph, but rather in a rectangular box next to some...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...