connect to shared printers

I have two shared printers on an XP PC - i can install one of the drivers
locally but when I try to connect to (install as) remote printer 7 says it
cannot find the install files and looks for inf files. The other, an Epson
Stylus 600 - it appears there's no drivers for 7 - is this correct?

Thanks,
J.
0
Jason
9/12/2010 12:57:03 AM
windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is your Windows 7 machine 64 bit? (Assume yes since you are posting in a 64 bit
specific newsgroup). There are supposed to be drivers for both 32/64 supplied
with Windows/WU.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Epson%20Stylus%20Color%20600%20Inkjet%20Printer&v=Epson&uid=460100&pf=13&pi=1&c=Printers%20%26%20Scanners&sc=Ink-Jet%20Printers&os=32-bit

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:57:03 +1200, "Jason" <jallen@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have two shared printers on an XP PC - i can install one of the drivers
>locally but when I try to connect to (install as) remote printer 7 says it
>cannot find the install files and looks for inf files. The other, an Epson
>Stylus 600 - it appears there's no drivers for 7 - is this correct?
>
>Thanks,
>J.
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
0
barb
9/12/2010 10:49:58 AM
wrote:

>I have two shared printers on an XP PC - i can install one of the drivers
>locally but when I try to connect to (install as) remote printer 7 says it
>cannot find the install files and looks for inf files. The other, an Epson
>Stylus 600 - it appears there's no drivers for 7 - is this correct?
>
>Thanks,
>J.

Navigate to the add printer wizard. start the wizard in the usual way.
Elect to add a local p[rinter. Select Windows Update as the driver
source. Wait for the list to update. I believe the printer will appear
on the list.

The printer drivers for:
Stylus Color 500
Stylus Color Pro
Stylus Color II
LQ-860
LQ-2550

are also servicable.

Tom
0
thf

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

Is there a place we can share some useful tools made in Excel?
I have created some pretty useful tools in the past few years and made them available to Army solders on our internal Portal. I would also like to sare with others. Is there a place where we can share these Excel tools? I am happy to load to my server and provide links from a web page. Please email me about it (and remind me who you are!). :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Higgy1" <Higgy1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D14E741D-035D-4782-8387-2E715A07A042@microsoft.com... >I have created some pretty useful tools in the past few year...

items on shared calender
Hi, On shared calender, Is it possible to make item visible/available to read and modify only to the user who created the item at first? Thanks in a public folder? Look at the folder permissions. right click on the folder and choose properties, permissions. one of the options is edit own and edit all. visibility is more difficult since the purpose of a shared calendar is to share... try marking items Private. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipsti...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Remotely connect to SBS 2003
I'm a little new here. Trying to remotely connect to a SBS2003 server. However, the ISP uses DHCP to assign addresses so every 2 days the external IP changes. How can I connect to the server without asking someone at the office to give me the new external IP all the time? I've already assigned a static IP to the server in the range of 192.168.1.XXX and allowed port 3389 to that address in the router. I can connect fine when I have the correct external IP. Thanks in advance! R. Hi Remi: Welcome..... You should have a static IP address, or a dynamic to static t...

Problem connecting socket
On one machine I am having problems making a socket connection. When I try to connect, I immediately get an FD_CONNECT notification response with a WSAENOTCONN error. Sometimes the connection works; most of the time it doesn't. I don't think I am doing anything fancy. The code has not changed and has been working for awhile. Suddenly this machine seems to have a problem. Below is the connection code without the notification code. Can someone think of something to look for? Thanks /*******************/ /* Create a socket */ /*******************/ m_hSocket = socket(PF_INET,...

Connections in Exchange 2003 server showing 2 connections.
My exchange server keeps giving me the following error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 929 Date: 9/21/2004 Time: 1:15:24 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1940 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=IST external mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Gr...

How to connect Outlook To Aol for email?
How to connect Outlook To Aol for email? Thanks In article <0d5001c3bfee$53823630$a301280a@phx.gbl>, power4fl@bellsouth.net says... |How to connect Outlook To Aol for email? | |Thanks | You can't directly. I believe there is a third-party program that will do it for you. Try a google search. ...

no connection
When I try to 'send and recieve' I get a message "mail.bellsouth.netproperties not responding" I know some setting is messed up,but what & where? Thanks Has this account ever worked? Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "flhxcharlie" <flhxcharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDB240CE-E063-4C5C-A1D0-38E01B3A2D4C@microsoft.com... ...

Sharing the Scrapbook
Hello! I've searched the board and don't see anyone talking about this, so I hope it's a new question...in my office we want to use the scrapbook to help with our 50+ common text clips that we use when corresponding with customers. My hope is that I can create a master scrapbook and then share it with the other folks on the team who also use those same paragraphs in their letters. Any one know if this is doable and if so, how? Thanks! Hi Robin, I'm not sure about the scrapbook. However, Word has an AutoText feature which is designed for boilerplate text, and you could set...

Connection Error Issues
I am working in SSRS 2005, and am building "ad hoc" reports with parameters in VS2005. Everything runs well with in VS 2005, I build and deploy the reports, with no issue, and they run fine in Report Manager. Then the report viewer is linked to a website that essentially lists the avaible reports. Here is the issue, the end user can access the webpage but when they click the link to the report it throws a connection error such as: "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExe...

CONNECT
How do you connect to CRM? I have it installed, The snap in works, but I just cant figure out how to access it yet.I don't have sales for outlook installed yet, but I thought you could access it via a web interface? ...

trouble with shared workbook
I have an Excel workbook that is shared amongst approximately 20 people. They enter project progress updates weekly. It is linked to access. Some reports are run in Excel and some in Access. When I finished running reports this week I went to close the Excel workbook and reimplement the sharing feature. It says "This book was made exclusive by (My Name) on April 13, 2010 and 15:08". And I am not able to go any further i.e. implement shared workbook. This happened to me about a month ago as well. I believe waht I did was to copy the workbook and renamed it. ...