cannot connect - 132150

I'm using wireless between XP PC and this 7 laptop. The XP computer can
connect to the laptop but I can't connect the laptop. I see under network
that the public profile is used - how do I change this to private?

Thanks,
I,

0
Jason
9/11/2010 5:06:52 AM
windows.64bit.general 526 articles. 0 followers. Follow

best advice is to get a router. it is much safer to have a router between you
and your broadband Internet connection. some larger ISPs even give out free
routers. who provides your Internet service?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:06:52 +1200, "Jason" <jallen@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I'm using wireless between XP PC and this 7 laptop. The XP computer can
>connect to the laptop but I can't connect the laptop. I see under network
>that the public profile is used - how do I change this to private?
>
>Thanks,
>I,
Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
0
barb
9/11/2010 9:27:24 AM
The router won't do anything (except hinder - shall find out) the internet
connection as I'm using 3G. But looks like it may be the only way to go.

"barb bowman" <digitalmediaphile@gmail.com> wrote in message
> best advice is to get a router. it is much safer to have a router between
> you
> and your broadband Internet connection. some larger ISPs even give out
> free
> routers. who provides your Internet service?
>
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:06:52 +1200, "Jason" <jallen@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm using wireless between XP PC and this 7 laptop. The XP computer can
>>connect to the laptop but I can't connect the laptop. I see under network
>>that the public profile is used - how do I change this to private?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>I,
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP
> http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
> http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

0
Jason

SBS Connectivity issues
Experiencing intermittent delays and dropped connections to Small Business Server. Config is: SBS2003 SP2 (all current patches) running on HP ML110 server; 4 PCs onsite - 3 used by onsite staff; 1 used by remote user to access server via RWW. Users run basic Office apps, Outlook, Quickbooks, internet access. Also have an Avaya VIOP phone system (4 phones) on the network. Everything has been in place for almost 4 years. Having more frequent connectivity issues. Onsite PCs show delays in Outlook connecting to Exchange ('Trying to connect ...). Remote user reports...

ODBC Connection Not Connecting
I am using the below code to 1) automatically connect to a Microsoft ODBC for Oracle connection called "FIN_CUR" and 2) run an query on a linked table in FIN_CUR The issue i am having is that the ODBC connect part of the script appears to be working, but when it goes to try to run the query I still get the popup prompting for user name and password to make the connection to the ODBC. I have verify that the user name and password are correct, but don't know what I am missing. Here is my code Public Sub OraConnect() Dim strErr As String On Error GoTo...

Outlook Win98SE Trying to Connect to Server time out. IBM 390E & Rogers.com
I have loaded Win98SE and Office 97 on an IBM 390E laptop using IBM Etherjet 10/100 network card connected to a D- Link 714P+ 4-port wire&wireless cable router. Network file transfers work fine, IE 6 works fine. Outlook often hangs when it loads and trys to connect to the (Rogers.com) server to download email messages. I contacted Rogers tech support and all settings are correct. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to the cable modem - Outlooks works like a charm & fast downloading of messages. I have 3 other PCs connected on the LAN and all work fine...

VPN can't connect to workstations
I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server shares with no problem. My problem is that it cannot connect to the workstations . Would appreciate any input on that. "john" <johnbahran@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:b4419f87-386b-41de-876a-e3546096ecc2@c34g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > I am running a 2k3 network and I am trying to connect my laptop w/ > Vista to it using VPN. I can connect to the server and use server > shares with no problem. My problem is ...

Simultaneous socket connections. Is there a limit?
My client wants me to write an application that maintains 30 or 40 simultaneous socket connections to different hardware devices. For each device the throughput requirements are very small since only some small packets are sent occasionally at random intervals. Is there a simultaneous limit? 30 or 40 is far more then I have ever done. I don't want any surprises. Is there a limit? I assume XP Professional would handle this. Correct? Would XP Home be any different? My laptop has XP home. To certain incoming ports, its 10, although there are several cracks out their to remove this...

server connect
When I first start up Outlook 2003, it contacts the mail server and everything is hunky-doory. However, when attempting to next access the mail account by the send/receive access or in background, it indicates that it cannot locate the server and gives me error (0x80004210A). This error number is not consistent other than for the 0x800 portion. The location does not change, so how can it find it initially, and not later on? I'm confused. What type of mail server? POP3, IMAP, Exchange, HTTP, Other...? Does the same happen when you disable your firewall and/or virusscanner (integra...

IMAP: A connection to the server cannot be established
I have Outlook 2007 Installed on Two Separate PCs. One has Vista installed, and the other, Windows 7. McAfee Security Center is the Anti-Virus software unstalled on both PCs. I have setup 2 IMAP Accounts on each PC and can only get the ones on the Vista Box to work correctly. This is the error I keep getting on the Windows 7 Box: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [my-email-account].' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for [my-email-account]. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this ...

IE8 and Firefox won't connect to Yuku?
I've been having an issue tonight where my internet won't connect to the Yuku site first on IE8 then on Firefox, both sites got the same screen telling me it's an inactive site and I have connection issues. I ran the trouble shooter and it's telling me I don't have an issue? I'm on Windows 7 upgrade from XP, Windows Firewall is on, spyware is AVG and Spybot. I checked all the settings and nothing looked different as I was on the site like 2 days ago. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe you do have connection issues? 4thjet wrote: > I've been ...

Intranet Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to connect 5 computers using Outlook XP intranet. What is = the best way to connect them....using MS mail, MS Exchange, etc. Thanks Douglas ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C3CF10.F7EDF7A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Hotmail connection
I'm new to Microsoft Outlook, and want to view and send email using Microsoft Outlook. I have used Hotmail for quite a while, and am looking for a method of "re-routing". (?) I played around with the configurations, but still could not connect to my hotmail accout through Outlook. Can any one help? Thanks. Which version of Outlook? Microsoft(R) Outlook(R) (9.0.0.2711) Internet Mail Only Copyright (c) 1995-1999 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved. "miker67@gmail.com" wrote: > Which version of Outlook? > > zephyrus17 <zephyrus17@discussions.micros...

Maintain network connectivity on shutdown?
Hello, we have added a script to run at Windows shutdown and in testing it seems to at least run, but the problem is part of the script process that needs to access a server on our network fails because it appears that network connectivity has been dropped at this point in the shutdown process. Is there any way to set it so that network connectivity is retained on shutdown? For example, if there is still at least IP connectivity (but the WINS service has been shutdown), then could we run something on a command line to invoke the network resource? Any help would be greatly appreci...

No Internet connections in Network connections!!!
Hi im new to this forum and really need help. Yesterday I decided to set up my computer again (It had been in the garage because I wasn't using it for a while). Anyways, when I first started it up it worked fine and the internet connection worked as well. Later on it began to shut off unexpectedly if i tried to remove a program through task manager that wasn't working, so since it didn't have any important data, I decided to reformat my hardrive and reinstall microsoft xp. When I started up my cpu again, I noticed that there were no connections, even though I had not unp...

Remotely connect to SBS 2003
I'm a little new here. Trying to remotely connect to a SBS2003 server. However, the ISP uses DHCP to assign addresses so every 2 days the external IP changes. How can I connect to the server without asking someone at the office to give me the new external IP all the time? I've already assigned a static IP to the server in the range of 192.168.1.XXX and allowed port 3389 to that address in the router. I can connect fine when I have the correct external IP. Thanks in advance! R. Hi Remi: Welcome..... You should have a static IP address, or a dynamic to static t...

Connections in Exchange 2003 server showing 2 connections.
My exchange server keeps giving me the following error in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 929 Date: 9/21/2004 Time: 1:15:24 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1940 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=IST external mail,CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Gr...

Problem connecting socket
On one machine I am having problems making a socket connection. When I try to connect, I immediately get an FD_CONNECT notification response with a WSAENOTCONN error. Sometimes the connection works; most of the time it doesn't. I don't think I am doing anything fancy. The code has not changed and has been working for awhile. Suddenly this machine seems to have a problem. Below is the connection code without the notification code. Can someone think of something to look for? Thanks /*******************/ /* Create a socket */ /*******************/ m_hSocket = socket(PF_INET,...

no connection
When I try to 'send and recieve' I get a message "mail.bellsouth.netproperties not responding" I know some setting is messed up,but what & where? Thanks Has this account ever worked? Please post any error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "flhxcharlie" <flhxcharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDB240CE-E063-4C5C-A1D0-38E01B3A2D4C@microsoft.com... ...

Connection Error Issues
I am working in SSRS 2005, and am building "ad hoc" reports with parameters in VS2005. Everything runs well with in VS 2005, I build and deploy the reports, with no issue, and they run fine in Report Manager. Then the report viewer is linked to a website that essentially lists the avaible reports. Here is the issue, the end user can access the webpage but when they click the link to the report it throws a connection error such as: "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExe...

How to connect Outlook To Aol for email?
How to connect Outlook To Aol for email? Thanks In article <0d5001c3bfee$53823630$a301280a@phx.gbl>, power4fl@bellsouth.net says... |How to connect Outlook To Aol for email? | |Thanks | You can't directly. I believe there is a third-party program that will do it for you. Try a google search. ...

CONNECT
How do you connect to CRM? I have it installed, The snap in works, but I just cant figure out how to access it yet.I don't have sales for outlook installed yet, but I thought you could access it via a web interface? ...

How do I setup outlook connect to corportate email
I'm trying to setup my home computer to receive my corportate email. When I try to setup exchange client from the instructions provided from my employer. I go to Connections and in this box I'm to click on "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP". But I don't have this option is there an upgrade I need. I'm using Office 2003 standard addition. James wrote: > I'm trying to setup my home computer to receive my corportate email. When I > try to setup exchange client from the instructions provided from my employer. > I go to Connections and in ...

Connect Exchjange 2003 to Internet to Get Incoming Mail
Hi All, I have Exchange 2003, I use it internaly in my LAN but I do not have any real IP to publish it, so I can Send from my client - outlook - that is configured with my Exchange Server 2003, but of course I cannot receive from Internet via my Exchange Server. So, I have to configure my mail client using POP3 to collect my Incoming e-mails from outside server that's of my ISP or open Web Interface of this web server to get my incoming mail messages. So, I'd like to configure my Exchange Server to collect these incoming messages and all of my clients only be configured with the ...

SMTP connection
I am trying to establish a smtp connection with smtp.gmail.com on port 465. I would like to authenticate my user name and password with the gmail server (which uses SSL) and send an email to a recipent. I looked at CSMTPConnection but this class doesn't seem to support SSL and AUTH LOGIN PLAIN. Is there any library or a set of methods that can be used to establish a connection with secure SMTP server and send an email? Thanks. Jess ...

Document Connection- Cannot connect to sharepoint site
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Im trying to connect but get an error "The connection failed" I have tried both user/pass, basic auth, and kerberos. Could it be the port? The url takes the form: <http://oursharepointserver.outdomain.org:5280/sitename/default.aspx> jaime_sf@officeformac.com wrote: > Im trying to connect but get an error "The connection failed" > > I have tried both user/pass, basic auth, and kerberos. > > Could it be the port? > > The url takes the form: > <http://oursharepoin...