Boot problem

After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.

In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.

By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further normally.

Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

0
Jan
3/1/2010 8:10:20 PM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Search for EasyBCD.exe and download and run it. You will be presented with
options to edit/modify your boot conditions.

"Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>
> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
> primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>
> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
> normally.
>
> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

0
Jerry
3/1/2010 8:19:12 PM
The boot manager on your PC has some legacy changes made by the partition
manager that need to be undone. The Windows command line tool for this is
bcdedit, but it honestly has the worst user interface of anything I've seen
from Microsoft since Edlin. There are a couple of graphical interfaces from
third parties that make the whole thing a lot easier, and even a confirmed
command line junky like me finds it simpler and safer to use one of these
GUI wrappers. Dualbootpro and EasyBCD are two that I'm aware of.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>
> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
> primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>
> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
> normally.
>
> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

0
Charlie
3/1/2010 11:46:17 PM
Thanks for the quick answer.
EasyBCD did not find unusual entries. Mentioned was that only Windows7 was
the existing entry.
So I think there is running somewhere another command by the start up.
The hold is not that boring ,Windows 7 will run finally.
 If there are more suggestions  I shall be glad to hear of it
 I continue my search, maybe I install Windows later on again.

"Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> schreef in bericht
> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>
> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
> primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>
> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
> normally.
>
> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

0
Jan
3/2/2010 7:23:25 PM
If you really want to fix the problem, do a clean install of your system
and afterwards monitor the start-up and shutdown after installation of
programs and drivers.  You apparently have tried about everything else
you can try.

On 2010-03-02 14:23, Jan Berden wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer.
> EasyBCD did not find unusual entries. Mentioned was that only Windows7
> was the existing entry.
> So I think there is running somewhere another command by the start up.
> The hold is not that boring ,Windows 7 will run finally.
> If there are more suggestions I shall be glad to hear of it
> I continue my search, maybe I install Windows later on again.
>

> "Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> schreef in bericht
>> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager
>> 10.0 Personal" I got a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>>
>> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive
>> 0 : primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
>> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>>
>> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
>> normally.
>>
>> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

0
Bobby
3/2/2010 10:27:47 PM
"Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>
> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
> primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>
> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
> normally.
>
> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

<title>How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment
to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows</title><

(Microsoft search for
    fixboot  "Windows 7"
)

<quote>
/FixBoot
The /FixBoot option writes a new boot sector to the system partition by
using a boot sector that is compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7.

Use this option if one of the following conditions is true:

The boot sector has been replaced with a non-standard Windows Vista or
Windows 7 boot sector.

The boot sector is damaged.

An earlier Windows operating system has been installed after Windows Vista
or Windows 7 was installed. In this scenario, the computer starts by using
Windows NT Loader (NTLDR) instead of Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr.exe).

</quote>

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
3/3/2010 4:41:31 AM
You can try running startup repair from the install disk.  Otherwise it
would appear you have to rewrite your master boot record.

> Thanks for the quick answer.
> EasyBCD did not find unusual entries. Mentioned was that only Windows7 was
> the existing entry.
> So I think there is running somewhere another command by the start up.
> The hold is not that boring ,Windows 7 will run finally.
> If there are more suggestions  I shall be glad to hear of it
> I continue my search, maybe I install Windows later on again.
>

> "Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> schreef in bericht
>> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
>> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>>
>> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0
>> : primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
>> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>>
>> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
>> normally.
>>
>> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

0
John
3/5/2010 3:05:34 AM
"Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>
> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
> primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>
> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
> normally.
>
> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page

Is it possible both partitions were marked as active?  Use DISKPART.EXE to
view/change the active partition.

-Mark

0
Mark
3/9/2010 12:37:11 PM
Mark McGinty wrote:
> "Jan Berden" <jpm.berden@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
>> After installing and removing the program "Paragon Partition manager 10.0
>> Personal" I got  a hold-up in the PC upstart.
>>
>> In Dos booting I see now a black page with a text message lines: drive 0 :
>> primary 00 Vista/2008/7 NTFS and primary 00 Linux.
>> Insert startup disk in floppy drive and press F2 to run setup.
>>
>> By pressing "enter" Windows 7 Professional starts and runs further
>> normally.
>>
>> Is there any suggestion to remove this startup page
>>

> Is it possible both partitions were marked as active?

That is impossible.

Use DISKPART.EXE to
> view/change the active partition.

The boot manager changed the boot sector of the active partition and
inserted its code in there.  It is also possible that the boot manager
would have changed the IPL code in the MBR and added its code in there,
for example some Linux boot loaders load from the MBR instead of the
boot sector of the active partition.  Robert has pointed the OP in the
right direction, but depending on the boot manager the OP may also need
to use the /FixMbr command to rewrite the MBR.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392
How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to
troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

John
0
John
3/9/2010 1:10:05 PM
On 09/03/2010 in message <#knFfn4vKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> John John
- MVP wrote:

>>Is it possible both partitions were marked as active?
>
>That is impossible.

Why do you say that?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his friends for his
Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 in message <#knFfn4vKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> John
> John - MVP wrote:
>
>>> Is it possible both partitions were marked as active?
>>
>> That is impossible.
>
> Why do you say that?

Because that is how it is, only one partition can be marked as active at
any given time.  If you mark another partition as active the active flag
of the currently active partition will be removed.  This is just the way
things work on MBR disks, if there were more than one active partition
the MBR IPL wouldn't know where to pass the boot process.  When the
computer is booted it goes something like this:

1- The boot order is set in the BIOS and the BIOS selects the device to
be booted, in this case the hard disk.

2- The BIOS locates sector 0 on the hard disk and loads the MBR and then
passes the boot process to the MBR.

3- The MBR locates the Active partition and loads the Boot Sector of the
active partition and then in turn passes the boot process to the boot
sector.

4- A bit of code is executed in the boot sector and this code finds and
loads the designated boot loader, on NT systems it loads NTLDR and it
then passes the boot process to the boot loader.

In step #3 the MBR would be lost if there were to be more than one
active partition so the flagging mechanism for the active partition
doesn't allow this to happen, there can only be one active partition at
any given time on the disk.  You can move the active flag to another
primary partition but you cannot flag more than one partition at a time.

John
0
John
3/9/2010 3:14:06 PM
On 09/03/2010 in message <#UkXjs5vKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> John John
- MVP wrote:

>Jeff Gaines wrote:

>>>That is impossible.
>>
>>Why do you say that?
>
>Because that is how it is, only one partition can be marked as active at
>any given time.  If you mark another partition as active the active flag
>of the currently active partition will be removed.  This is just the way
>things work on MBR disks, if there were more than one active partition the
>MBR IPL wouldn't know where to pass the boot process.  When the computer
>is booted it goes something like this:

That may be true using FDISK but I have certainly ended up with a PC with
more than one drive with an active partition. It may have been when I
fitted a 2nd drive from another PC or when I was playing with Linux. It is
much harder to get out of than to get into in the first place.

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant
Jeff Gaines wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 in message <#UkXjs5vKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> John
> John - MVP wrote:
>
>> Jeff Gaines wrote:

>>> Why do you say that?
>>
>> Because that is how it is, only one partition can be marked as active
>> at any given time.  If you mark another partition as active the active
>> flag of the currently active partition will be removed.  This is just
>> the way things work on MBR disks, if there were more than one active
>> partition the MBR IPL wouldn't know where to pass the boot process.
>> When the computer is booted it goes something like this:
>
> That may be true using FDISK but I have certainly ended up with a PC
> with more than one drive with an active partition. It may have been when
> I fitted a 2nd drive from another PC or when I was playing with Linux.
> It is much harder to get out of than to get into in the first place.

If you have more than one hard disk then of course you can have more
than one active partition as each disk can have an active partition.
But a single disk can only have one active partition, if by some glitch
(or by ill designed tools) more than one partition is set to be active
the disk will not be able to boot.

Is it possible that glitches or ill designed tools might set more than
one active partition on the disk?  None of the Microsoft tools do this,
but certainly other poorly designed tools might be able to screw up a
disk and software glitches can and do happen so it may be possible for
this to happen but I have never personally seen this... or been able to
inadvertently do it with any of the disk tools that I have worked with.

Of course some boot managers install special boot partitions on the disk
and then from this special partition they can create hundreds of pseudo
primary partitions and possibly assign so called "active" status to any
or all of these partitions but these are not standard MBR defined
partitions, they are proprietary to the third party boot manager.

John
0
John
3/9/2010 5:27:06 PM

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Jeff Gaines wrote:
>> On 09/03/2010 in message <#UkXjs5vKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> John
>> John - MVP wrote:

>>> Because that is how it is, only one partition can be marked as active at
>>> any given time.  If you mark another partition as active the active flag
>>> of the currently active partition will be removed.  This is just the way
>>> things work on MBR disks, if there were more than one active partition
>>> the MBR IPL wouldn't know where to pass the boot process.  When the
>>> computer is booted it goes something like this:
>>
>> That may be true using FDISK but I have certainly ended up with a PC with
>> more than one drive with an active partition. It may have been when I
>> fitted a 2nd drive from another PC or when I was playing with Linux. It
>> is much harder to get out of than to get into in the first place.
>
> If you have more than one hard disk then of course you can have more than
> one active partition as each disk can have an active partition. But a
> single disk can only have one active partition, if by some glitch (or by
> ill designed tools) more than one partition is set to be active the disk
> will not be able to boot.
>
> Is it possible that glitches or ill designed tools might set more than one
> active partition on the disk?  None of the Microsoft tools do this, but
> certainly other poorly designed tools might be able to screw up a disk and
> software glitches can and do happen so it may be possible for this to
> happen but I have never personally seen this... or been able to
> inadvertently do it with any of the disk tools that I have worked with.
>
> Of course some boot managers install special boot partitions on the disk
> and then from this special partition they can create hundreds of pseudo
> primary partitions and possibly assign so called "active" status to any or
> all of these partitions but these are not standard MBR defined partitions,
> they are proprietary to the third party boot manager.
>
> John

Well, since you corrected yourself, it certainly is possible. You did say
that it was impossible, when I know I have done this on one single disk by
creating two primary partitions, instead of the usual creation of the
logical/extended flavor.

0
Tom
3/9/2010 9:44:28 PM
Tom wrote:

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Jeff Gaines wrote:

>>> That may be true using FDISK but I have certainly ended up with a PC
>>> with more than one drive with an active partition. It may have been
>>> when I fitted a 2nd drive from another PC or when I was playing with
>>> Linux. It is much harder to get out of than to get into in the first
>>> place.
>>
>> If you have more than one hard disk then of course you can have more
>> than one active partition as each disk can have an active partition.
>> But a single disk can only have one active partition, if by some
>> glitch (or by ill designed tools) more than one partition is set to be
>> active the disk will not be able to boot.
>>
>> Is it possible that glitches or ill designed tools might set more than
>> one active partition on the disk?  None of the Microsoft tools do
>> this, but certainly other poorly designed tools might be able to screw
>> up a disk and software glitches can and do happen so it may be
>> possible for this to happen but I have never personally seen this...
>> or been able to inadvertently do it with any of the disk tools that I
>> have worked with.
>>
>> Of course some boot managers install special boot partitions on the
>> disk and then from this special partition they can create hundreds of
>> pseudo primary partitions and possibly assign so called "active"
>> status to any or all of these partitions but these are not standard
>> MBR defined partitions, they are proprietary to the third party boot
>> manager.
>>
>> John
>
> Well, since you corrected yourself, it certainly is possible. You did
> say that it was impossible, when I know I have done this on one single
> disk by creating two primary partitions, instead of the usual creation
> of the logical/extended flavor.

We are not talking about "Primary Partitions", an MBR disk can have four
primary partitions but only one of these primary partitions can be
active at any given time.  A primary partition is not necessarily an
active partition.  You can use the built-in Disk Management tool (or
many other disk preparation tools) and create 4 primary partitions on
the disk without any problems, making more than one of them active is
another story altogether.

John
0
John
3/9/2010 10:06:51 PM

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Tom wrote:
>>

>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>>> If you have more than one hard disk then of course you can have more
>>> than one active partition as each disk can have an active partition. But
>>> a single disk can only have one active partition, if by some glitch (or
>>> by ill designed tools) more than one partition is set to be active the
>>> disk will not be able to boot.
>>>
>>> Is it possible that glitches or ill designed tools might set more than
>>> one active partition on the disk?  None of the Microsoft tools do this,
>>> but certainly other poorly designed tools might be able to screw up a
>>> disk and software glitches can and do happen so it may be possible for
>>> this to happen but I have never personally seen this... or been able to
>>> inadvertently do it with any of the disk tools that I have worked with.
>>>
>>> Of course some boot managers install special boot partitions on the disk
>>> and then from this special partition they can create hundreds of pseudo
>>> primary partitions and possibly assign so called "active" status to any
>>> or all of these partitions but these are not standard MBR defined
>>> partitions, they are proprietary to the third party boot manager.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Well, since you corrected yourself, it certainly is possible. You did say
>> that it was impossible, when I know I have done this on one single disk
>> by creating two primary partitions, instead of the usual creation of the
>> logical/extended flavor.
>
> We are not talking about "Primary Partitions", an MBR disk can have four
> primary partitions but only one of these primary partitions can be active
> at any given time.  A primary partition is not necessarily an active
> partition.  You can use the built-in Disk Management tool (or many other
> disk preparation tools) and create 4 primary partitions on the disk
> without any problems, making more than one of them active is another story
> altogether.

I am not disputing that and you can describe this as you see fit on how it
works, I know (I build PCs). You stated it was impossible, but no matter, it
is possible. I also know they would be primary partitions (did I not say
that?), but you at least corrected yourself. I wasn't getting into the nut
and bolts of how to do it, just that you stated it was "impossible".

0
Tom
3/10/2010 2:10:34 AM
Tom wrote:

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Tom wrote:
>>>

>>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>>> Well, since you corrected yourself, it certainly is possible. You did
>>> say that it was impossible, when I know I have done this on one
>>> single disk by creating two primary partitions, instead of the usual
>>> creation of the logical/extended flavor.
>>
>> We are not talking about "Primary Partitions", an MBR disk can have
>> four primary partitions but only one of these primary partitions can
>> be active at any given time.  A primary partition is not necessarily
>> an active partition.  You can use the built-in Disk Management tool
>> (or many other disk preparation tools) and create 4 primary partitions
>> on the disk without any problems, making more than one of them active
>> is another story altogether.
>>

> I am not disputing that and you can describe this as you see fit on how
> it works, I know (I build PCs). You stated it was impossible, but no
> matter, it is possible. I also know they would be primary partitions
> (did I not say that?), but you at least corrected yourself. I wasn't
> getting into the nut and bolts of how to do it, just that you stated it
> was "impossible".

If you know how to flag more than one partition active at the same time
then tell us how you do it!  You are confusing primary partitions with
active partitions.  The plain and simple fact of the matter is that an
MBR disk cannot have more than one active partition at a given time, you
can toggle the active partition back and forth between primary
partitions but only one partition can be set active, that is the way it
is was designed by IBM years ago and that is the way it is still today.
  If you do end up with more than one active partition then the disk is
corrupt and you will get an invalid partition table error message when
you try to boot the disk.

John
0
John
3/10/2010 3:18:09 AM
Tom wrote:

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Tom wrote:
>>>

>>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>>> Well, since you corrected yourself, it certainly is possible. You did
>>> say that it was impossible, when I know I have done this on one
>>> single disk by creating two primary partitions, instead of the usual
>>> creation of the logical/extended flavor.
>>
>> We are not talking about "Primary Partitions", an MBR disk can have
>> four primary partitions but only one of these primary partitions can
>> be active at any given time.  A primary partition is not necessarily
>> an active partition.  You can use the built-in Disk Management tool
>> (or many other disk preparation tools) and create 4 primary partitions
>> on the disk without any problems, making more than one of them active
>> is another story altogether.
>>

> I am not disputing that and you can describe this as you see fit on how
> it works, I know (I build PCs). You stated it was impossible, but no
> matter, it is possible. I also know they would be primary partitions
> (did I not say that?), but you at least corrected yourself. I wasn't
> getting into the nut and bolts of how to do it, just that you stated it
> was "impossible".

http://www.linfo.org/active_partition.html
Active partition definition by The Linux Information Project (LINFO)

http://partitionlogic.org.uk/manual/partition-ops/active.html
Partition Logic - User Manual - Active Partition

http://blog.easeus.com/basic-guide/How-to-Set-an-Active-Partition-182.html
How to Set an Active Partition? - EASEUS Data Recovery Blog

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/activepa.htm
Active partition

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779300(WS.10).aspx
Mark a partition as active (32-bit only): Storage Services; Local File
Systems

http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/set-active.html
Set Active/Inactive - Partition Wizard Help

Are these authoritative enough for you?
0
John

Compatibility problem
At my office, they have exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. When I receive an appointment from outside my office (let say from outlook 2003), it's an attachment file name meeting.ics I can't open it. We've done the update (office sp3) and the problem is still there. The version of exchange we have is 5.5 Thanks Mark Hi, You just repair your outlook or reinstall full fuctions means customized installation. Then check it file . ok "Mark" wrote: > > > At my office, they have exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. > > When I receive an appointment fro...

GUI stops working on boot up
Hi Guys, I have an up-to-date version of windows Xp and windows live mail. My problem is when I boot up my computer, the desktop seems to lock and I cannot use my icons or active any program from the desktop icons, nor the taskbar. I have my task bar on hide, as windows is loading I can hide and bring the taskbar back, but then the taskbar disappears and the cursor turns into the symbol to increase or decrease it's size. I have to keep rebooting my computer 4 or 5 times until it will work properly. Any ideas in a solution, I thought doing a repair, is this a goo idea. ...

Depreciation Problem
I am running depreciation on +1000 assets. The journal has applied the correct amounts to the correct G/L accounts for all but one group. Any ideas how to resolve this? ...

Installing Problem
When installing Publisher 2002 I get the following message; "CRC failed in Microsoft Publisher XP 2002\Publisher XP\Files\OSP\1033\Files\Windows\Help\OSP.HLP" Unexpected end of archive. Can anyone help me overcome this problem please. The folks who are best to help, will need to know your Operating System? (Which Windows) -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "RAB" <graham10k@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:432901c3ff0a$54f42c70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When installing Publisher 2002 I ge...

SUMPRODUCT() problem
Hi! I try to get this formula or someting like it to work. =SUMPRODUCT((M17:M1115="245-B")*(R17:R1115="Not OK")*(H17:H1115=F2)) The problem is in the H-Column. It contains Dates and times like for instance 26-04-2007 11:36:34 F2 in the formula contains 26-04-2007, and this is where the problem arises. No values in H-column contains this exact value, so the formula retunrs a zero. I have tried using VALUE() combined with INT(), and other combinations on the h-column, but with no result aso far. How should my formula look if I want to calulate the number of te...

Problems with writing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have some problems with writing in word. It started when I got an update. Now when I write it's like the computer copies a part of what I have just written and adds it at the end of it. like this : see if there are re are. here it has just copied the end of there and are and added it to the end. I have tried reinstalling word and not getting the new updates, I have tried disk repair and permissions repair, i have tried to throw out the preference thingy and nothing works. I am in the middle of writing my thesis so this cou...

Exchange Problem with AOL, ATT
I have SBS 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003. I have setup an SPF record (I think correctly) and I get email returns from AOL and ATT. Am I on a black list (we did have POP (Ipowerweb.net) email until we switched a few weeks ago. The problem was also happening with the pop mail. Please help, thanks What problem? First off, what is your domain name? Second, if mail is bouncing or something, please post the full error / NDR. "Russ Allen" <RussAllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00AE3C7E-D706-4689-B3DB-64731DAF90D2@microsoft.com... >I have SBS 2003 SP1 with ...

Newsgroup Problems
I am having some problems with exchange 2003. I am trying to setup some newsgroups. I have setup a few groups and all ok so far. I did a reboot of the server, after putting in some of the updates from microsoft, but now I am have all sorts of problems I tried to rename a group and I get access denied. I maked up a new group, again access denied. i waited a bit and tried to rename a group, ok. i tried to delete a group, access denied. i tried to rename a group, ok tried to make up a new group, ok so, i tied again, to make, change or do anything access denied. i wait a bit, and it al...

problem with Office2008/Mac and printing-to-PDF
I have a MS Word (old document, originally a .doc) that I update every month, write to PDF (using the MacOSX builtin functionality) and pass the PDF along. Since updating to Office2008/Mac (Student/Home edition), the people I pass the PDF-ified document to are complaining of an error saying something about "offering to sell them ActiveX"? They are trying to view it on a PC but I'm not certain whether they have XP or Vista (my guess is the former). All of them? Or just particular people? Sounds like a problem with Malware on their PC to me. Email me a copy and I will have a lo...

Smart List problem
I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”. I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of columns does not match table definitions”. Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so. It does not matter ...

WS_CLIPCHILDREN problem
Hi. I have a Window class which creates dinamically some OCX controls. I have to use the WS_CLIPCHILDREN in order to reduce the flickering, but at same time I would like to force the repainting of the background of some of them (transparent controls anyway). I tried to add the rectangle to paint calling InvalidateRect() for all the OCX I want to repaint their background but it doesn't work. What can I do? Thanks in advance Juan Miguel Giralde jmgir@fagorautomation.es ...

Money 2002 File conversion problem
After using Money 2002 for quite some time I tried to go for Money 2003. When converting the data file the message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version". Has anybody come across this problem and can help me in this. Are both of the versions from the same country - for example UK to UK or US to US? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited...

Problem with CRM Exchange Queue Service and SPAM
Hopefully someone has some input or can point me in the right direction. Application event log entries CRMExchangeQueueService EventID: 5892 Description: The message 'insert email subject here' failed to deliver to all servers. Followed immediately by CRMExchangeQueueService EventID: 5897 Description: An HTTP Status of '401 - Access Denied' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'insert email subject here' URL: 'http://crm/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' These 2 errors happen for EVERY piece of ...

Short cut Problem
I was removing some "unsed" programs today, and when I went back into Windows I realized I had a problem: Whenever I try to open a site from a shortcut Icon, it now pops up with an "Open With" popup. Each time I designate for it to use Explorer but it doesn't matter. The next time the same thing happens. What can I do to have it go straight to Explorer? "Lindsay Jones" <ljones15@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:utcLSRXkKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I was removing some "unsed" programs today, and when I went back into...

Conversion problem
Hello all, When I enter a new Lead in CRM, and I convert the Lead to an Account, a Contact and an Opportunity, some fields (with content) are not 'transfered'; after I look into the new Contact/Account/Opportunity I see empty boxes. The corresponding fields (on the different forms) point to exactly the same 'schema-names', but somehow the data is not copied from the LeadAddressBase table to the CustomerAddressBase table. Has anyone experienced the same problem, and if so, how did you solve it? Regards, Johan Klein | Lost Boys | The Netherlands Check your Deployment Manag...

Mail message attachement problem
Hi, I'm working on a ASP.Net website where I use the MailMessage method to send a report filled in by the user to a given email address. The user can also upload an attachement to be put in the data part of the report. If the attachement is less then 1,7 Mb there is no problem, the email is sent. Any larger attachement and I get an error stating "the message could not be sent" The webserver is an IIS7 and I use the local smtp server (via IIS6) to send the emails. In the settings of the smtp server I have unchecked the email size limitations. At first I had i...

I'm having problems printing on open.
Please help! I'm using that following "very simple" code Private_Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveSheet.PrintOut End Sub Yet, Excel does not run ANY code that I put in this function, why? I even put in a simple [MsgBox "hello", vbokonly] line just to check. But still nothing. Will appreciate the help. Kind Regards, Cal Maybe it's that misplaced underscore: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Or maybe you have the workbook_open code in the wrong module--it belongs under the ThisWorkbook module. Maybe you have security set to high?--change it to medium and answer yes to t...

Flickering problem #3
Hello, I've created a MFC based VC++ Dialog application. My Dialog box has the Green back ground color by overriding the OnCtlColor. In that i have three ActiveX Controls(Rounded Rectangle, Rectangle and a line). I'm moving these controls based on the value i read from the device. To move i'm using the following function call for all three controls. ::SetWindowPos(<Control windowhandle>, HWND_TOP, objMagnet.left + 15,objMagnet.bottom -1, nWidth, nHeight , SWP_SHOWWINDOW ); I move these controls atleast 5 times per second. Please help me how to get rid of the flickeri...

email domain problems
Setting up SBS2003 for a company "abc.com" The windows domain is abc.local. The pop3 connector goes out to get the email for abc.com who those use this server. The problem is sending to users at other locations that also use email addresses @abc.com. It seems that when sending email, Exchange first looks at local email addresses to decide where to route the email. For example, if john@abc.com has an account on the local server, then email for john@abc.com is put directly into his inbox. The problem arises in sending email to Bill@abc.com who does not have a local email ...

Problems with Weborders
We have a process that creates XML file using Yahoo Orders format and upload to Exchange table, this has been working for around 3 years now, but in a recent deployment we got a problem and is that when a order is selected for processing RMS present a list of all customers to select the Shipping Address, this didn't happen before. The only change we have done in this deployment is using MRM 1.3 instead of MRM 1.2. Anyone has an idea what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!! ...

Outlook 2003 having problems after detect and repair
I was working with Adobe support and they had me do a detect and repair on Microsoft Office as part of the troubleshooting they were doing. Now I have my original Outlook file and an Outlook1 file. I also seem to have multiple contact lists and I am unable to send email. Trying to use the Address Book gives an error about the file being moved or having a permissions problem. My system is a home computer with 4 users. Is there a way to "uninstall" Outlook for just one user and let Outlook reconfigure itself or am I up the creek? If you know which .pst file is the one you w...

Address Book Problem
I had to use the Inbox repair tool to recover my .pst file but before I did that, I reloaded Outlook 2000. That is working now, although my old .pst file is now part of a new personal folders file which contains the Inbox. I can cope with that. What is giving me fits now is that I seem to have lost my extensive address book. Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

Problem with msFlexGrid
I'm using an msFlexGrid in my VB6 program. Have it set up with 4 columns. The Format property is set to "<|<|<|<". I'm displaying records from an Access database: looping down thru the db, adding rows to the grid. Everything works fine with one exception: If the string being displayed in the 4th column begins with a number, the string is right-justified - in spite of the format specification. (If it begins with a letter then it's left-justified as it's supposed to be). Now, FWIW, I'm using this same grid in another part of the program to ...

Help! POP3 problems

Non-editable CRichEditCtrl... caret problem
Hello, I have a Rich Edit Control that I want to use to just view RTF, no editing, no selecting, nothing. Everything works so far except that the caret will appear if I scroll the window, but goes away as soon as I do anything else. Basically it's a minor annoyance cause it goes away, but the point is I still saw it. This is the code I use... am I missing something in order to make sure that caret never appears? Or did I do something wrong already? The problem seems to come from the SetFocus method call, but without it I can't scroll with the mouse wheel. Thanks, Andrew // CMyRi...