ATI Catalyst 10.4's are out

There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
Carlos
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Thanks as always Carlos.. now lets see if I can get that 7.4 just a little
higher..

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards.
> http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
> It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
> A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
> Carlos

0
Drew
4/29/2010 12:14:49 AM
On Apr 28, 6:06=A0pm, Carlos <Car...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards.http://game.=
amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
> It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
> A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
> Carlos

0
Jim
4/30/2010 8:11:58 AM
On Apr 28, 6:06=A0pm, Carlos <Car...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards.http://game.=
amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
> It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
> A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
> Carlos

Sorry about the last empty post.

Thanks Carlos.  I am starting to depend on you for the update
notices.  <g>

BTW, I've never thanked you appropriately for recommending SlySoft's
AnyDVD HD.  It really works well!  I have a new monitor, which does
have HDCP, but you have to toggle it on and off.  With SlySoft, I just
forget about it.  SlySoft takes care of everything.  I have *never*
failed for it to work perfectly.

Jim
0
Jim
4/30/2010 8:15:49 AM
Jim,
You are quite welcome.
Something I have noticed about this new driver release is that a reboot is
needed after installing it. Somehow the screen resolution goes nuts and only
a reboot gets it back to normal. Tried it on 3 different PC's. That didn't
happen with prior versions. Other than that, no issues so far.
:)
Carlos

On 4/30/2010 6:28 AM, Carlos wrote:
> Jim,
> You are quite welcome.
> Something I have noticed about this new driver release is that a reboot is
> needed after installing it. Somehow the screen resolution goes nuts and only
> a reboot gets it back to normal. Tried it on 3 different PC's. That didn't
> happen with prior versions. Other than that, no issues so far.
> :)
> Carlos

Carlos,

What is probably happening is a lower level driver needed replacing.
Most of the times they can get the higher level drivers for the video to
install and start-up easily and they are usually compatible with the
older lower level drivers....  What was happening was a small
incompatibility with the older lower level drivers that can't be
replaced until the system reboots and the higher level drivers.

;-)

James.
0
James
4/30/2010 12:19:27 PM
James,
Your explanations sounds logical.
It didn't disturb me much in two of the three installations.
The "two" ones were in PC's with LCD monitors attached via DVI and VGA.
The "third" (annoying) one was in my custom made home theater PC connected
via HDMI.
The driver installation caused a blue (not BSOD, just "no signal") screen on
the TV so I had to figure out when the driver had finished installing and
then press the reset button.
Driver installed fine.
Carlos

"James Kosin" wrote:

> On 4/30/2010 6:28 AM, Carlos wrote:
> > Jim,
> > You are quite welcome.
> > Something I have noticed about this new driver release is that a reboot is
> > needed after installing it. Somehow the screen resolution goes nuts and only
> > a reboot gets it back to normal. Tried it on 3 different PC's. That didn't
> > happen with prior versions. Other than that, no issues so far.
> > :)
> > Carlos
> >

> Carlos,
>
> What is probably happening is a lower level driver needed replacing.
> Most of the times they can get the higher level drivers for the video to
> install and start-up easily and they are usually compatible with the
> older lower level drivers....  What was happening was a small
> incompatibility with the older lower level drivers that can't be
> replaced until the system reboots and the higher level drivers.
>
> ;-)
>
> James.
> .

Jim,
There's a new kid in the block, competing with AnyDVD HD.
It is DVDFab Passkey:
http://www.dvdfab.com/en/passkey.htm
Freeware while it is in beta stage.
I wonder what the final price will be.
I have not tested it, though.
Carlos

"Jim" wrote:

> On Apr 28, 6:06 pm, Carlos <Car...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic cards.http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
> > It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
> > A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
> > Carlos
>
> Sorry about the last empty post.
>
> Thanks Carlos.  I am starting to depend on you for the update
> notices.  <g>
>
> BTW, I've never thanked you appropriately for recommending SlySoft's
> AnyDVD HD.  It really works well!  I have a new monitor, which does
> have HDCP, but you have to toggle it on and off.  With SlySoft, I just
> forget about it.  SlySoft takes care of everything.  I have *never*
> failed for it to work perfectly.
>
> Jim
> .

Interesting, though I'm not sure why I'd want to move to it over the SlySoft
product, given I already paid for that and they seem quite concientious
about updating it. But it's always good to see other folks doing this.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

> Jim,
> There's a new kid in the block, competing with AnyDVD HD.
> It is DVDFab Passkey:
> http://www.dvdfab.com/en/passkey.htm
> Freeware while it is in beta stage.
> I wonder what the final price will be.
> I have not tested it, though.
> Carlos
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>
>> On Apr 28, 6:06 pm, Carlos <Car...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > There's a new release of ATI drivers for their graphic
>> > cards.http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
>> > It corresponds to the April release. Better late than never.
>> > A few fixes related to HD playback and, of course, game fixes.
>> > Carlos
>>
>> Sorry about the last empty post.
>>
>> Thanks Carlos.  I am starting to depend on you for the update
>> notices.  <g>
>>
>> BTW, I've never thanked you appropriately for recommending SlySoft's
>> AnyDVD HD.  It really works well!  I have a new monitor, which does
>> have HDCP, but you have to toggle it on and off.  With SlySoft, I just
>> forget about it.  SlySoft takes care of everything.  I have *never*
>> failed for it to work perfectly.
>>
>> Jim
>> .

0
Charlie

CRM 4.0 data migration manager install problem
I have created successfully a 4.0 CRM install and all runs fine. (Its on a new clean virtual windows 2003 system, 32 bit) I wanted to load the sample data so I needed to install the data migration manager to do so. The install hangs on the fact that I not not have C++ runtime of min 8.x installed. But I do. I've installed the C++ 2005 and 2008 runtime distributions and they appear to have installed correctly. I just installed a visual studio 2008 with C++ to try that. The data migration installer still wants a C++ runtime installed. Where does that installer think C++ should...

sending email #10
when I write a new email or reply to an email, I am unable to send it. I have to close it and it goes into the draft file, where I then move it to the outbox. Even in the outbox I am unable to send it. Please help me. Thank you. Post your Outlook version, Account type and connection type. What do you show in your send/receive groups? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: revpena@gracefullivingministries.org <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | when I ...

Embedded pictures #4
Is there a way in Outlook (or from an Exchange 2003 Server) to have e-mails with embedded pictures NOT show the picture until you click on it, or automatically move any emails with Embedded pictures to a specific folder? Thanks, Scott There's the option in Outlook to not show pictures until you choose an option in the InfoBar. Would that be what you'd like? "Scott" <spaul@sayrevillek12.net> wrote in message news:1161091049.468637.96670@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way in Outlook (or from an Exchange 2003 Server) to have > e-mails with embedde...

Problem in MS CRM 4.0 with Expand/Collapse on a SSRS 2008 report
Hello, I'm working on a SSRS report wich is deployed in a IFRAME in MS CRM 4.0. The deployement works, the report is available in the IFRAME. I have two linked problems, in my opinion: The function Expand/Collapse works in SSRS, but not in my CRM's IFRAME. The report contains parameters. Changing their values doesn't work in MS CRM, but do work in SSRS viewer and in the report manager. In my CRM report, I see the '+' (for expanding), and when I click on it, the page is reloaded, but nothing changes (it didn't expand). I've noticed that a javascript error is ...

More than 10 primary keys
Hi, I have linked (ODBC) tables (from Iseries) to Access, however, in iseries the table has 14 primary keys and Access only allows a maximum of 10. What is recommended? Thanks. James wrote: > Hi, > > I have linked (ODBC) tables (from Iseries) to Access, however, in > iseries the table has 14 primary keys and Access only allows a maximum > of 10. What is recommended? Thanks. If you are in a position to do so you can make a view or logical file against the physical file on the ISeries and link to that instead. I'm not sure that will solve the problem, but you can tr...

Mail Merge 05-18-10
(Word '07) How do I eliminate the empty space left when a mail merge field is blank? Are you talking about a line, or just a space in the one line? You would however you an If...then...Else field construction { IF { MERGEFIELD nameoffieldthatmightbeblank } = "" "{ MERGEFIELD nextmergefield }" "{ MERGEFIELD nameoffieldthatmightbeblank }¶ { MERGFIELD nextmergefield }" } Everything up to the ¶ shown above needs to be on the one line and in place of the ¶, press the Enter key or Shift+Enter You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pa...

NVIDIA nForce Serial ATI Controller
My problem is the NVIDIA nForce Serial ATI Controller. Windows update fails with error code 80070103(which is covered in Discussions). What is extra for me is that something is interfering with my mobile broadband connection - I get a message'The device driver for the NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller is preventing the machine from entering hibernation' and suggests updating driver. When I try to do that, I get error code 80070103. Any help appreciated. PV888 See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070103 or http://windows.micro...

ripping music 02-10-10
Hi - I have windows medial player 11 (2006). I ordered 2 CD's from amazon (ministry; running tracks) and have tried to rip them onto my laptop. However, whilst it says that is has ripped all 3 CD's whenever I insert a acd in, it hasn't ripped them. After alledgedly ripping them, it only seems to recognise 1 CD and this remains the only one in my library. This has happened for both CD's therefore I can neither play my CD nor download them onto my mp3 player..problematic as I want to run to this music! I can't imagine they are protected since the idea of t...

Exchange SP 4
I created a folder on c: on my server and copied sp4_550i to it and then unpacked the files then installed this part of the SP. Can I now delete the unpacked folders? It takes up 49.7MB and I need the space. Thanks, Diane The full path is c:\exchange sp4\sp4_550i\eng\server\setup\i386 Hi Diane, If you have already installed the service pack, then you should be fine to delete that unpacked folder. Should you ever need to reinstall the service pack for any reason, I would keep the sp4_550i file around. Hope this helps! -- Randy Campbell Microsoft PSS Please do not send email direc...

System Restore not working 07-16-10
System Restore in Win XP SP2 has become completely unresponsive. It will not even open up the restore panel with the calendar that shows any restore points. Would a "Repair Installation" fix this or should I re-install windows? - Walter www.rationality.net "Walter E." <wr@example.com> wrote in message news:i1pvri$ce3$1@news.eternal-september.org... > System Restore in Win XP SP2 has become completely unresponsive. It will > not even open up the restore panel with the calendar that shows any > restore points. > > Would a "...

Outlook 2002 error message #4
Trying to delete an old email, when I try to delete it , I get "unknown error". I cannot move it or do anything with it. Is there a fix for this? ...

Problem Installing Dynamics 10
I'm installing Dynamics GP 10 for a client to try, but there are no servers listed when I start Dynamics Utilities, even though I've installed SQL 2005 and configured a system DSN in ODBC setup. I've installed GP many times before, and I've used the usual ODBC settings. The OS is Vista, 64 bit (could that be a problem?), and the database is SQL 2005 developer version. SQL was installed as a default instance, with mixed authentication. I've created a udl file and tested the connection, and it worked, but I noticed that there wasn't an ODBC provider listed. An...

can MSPub print 4-pg booklet on legal size paper (1 sheet folded)
everything i find is 8-1/2 x 11. AmericanBeauty <AmericanBeauty@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > everything i find is 8-1/2 x 11. Change the paper size in your printer driver to 8.5x14, and then adjust the page setup to match (if it's not done automatically) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Excel #10
Does anyone know how to retrieve a file that you accidentally saved over? Candra You get your original data back only if you have a backup of the original file. You may have a backup if you are on a server and mass backups are regularly made. Look for any *.XLK files. If you have set options to always create a backup, there could be a copy of the original saved as an *.XLK. Are you running Norton Utilities Protected Recycle Bin? Easy to get an earlier copy using Norton Unerase feature. Otherwise...........out of luck, but much wiser......right? Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Wed, ...

Error message 01-09-10
I keep getting the message "EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE C.0000013 PARAMETERS 75B6BF7C 4 75B6BF7C 75B6BF7C" Does anyone know what this means and how to eliminate it? Paul wrote: > I keep getting the message "EXCEPTION PROCESSING MESSAGE C.0000013 > PARAMETERS 75B6BF7C 4 75B6BF7C 75B6BF7C" > > Does anyone know what this means and how to eliminate it? do you have a machine with *no* floppy drive? if so have a look in the bios and see if the floppy is enabled if so...disable it ...

ATI Catalyst 10.5's are out
Not much to add to the subject. :) http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx Carlos Thanks as always Carlos! "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9347769B-BA07-4F5D-90D3-77A540C07C79@microsoft.com... > Not much to add to the subject. > :) > http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx > Carlos ...

Please help 03-04-10
I have a question about how to update an audit date field for third party timecards. I did have a question about updating an audit date field tied to one combo box yesterday and was able to get a workable solution with a Select Case statement relatively quickly. However, today I need to update an audit date field to the current date based upon properties or values entered in several controls. For instance if the hours in our system match the hours on our a third party providers time card I have a check box indicating "Hours Match." If Hours Match is checked I want...

Excel Macro 05-16-10
I want a macro that will minimize the excel window and keep on refreshing my screen by pressing F5 and and keyboard press will terminate the excel file. ...

Command button 10-18-07
I have created a command button to go to the next record on my form but I do not know visual basic. How would I or what would I add to the expression in the button to tell it to go to a certain field once that button is hit? =?Utf-8?B?R2xlbm5h?= <Glenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:D4E28C5D-7F50-47AD-9629-C065746B50D9@microsoft.com: > I have created a command button to go to the next record on my > form but I do not know visual basic. How would I or what would I > add to the expression in the button to tell it to go to a certain > field once that button is ...

Networking 10-20-03
I am trying to file share from a Laptop (Win 98 2nd Edit.with Office 2000) and XP Prof. with XP Standard. I am using a Belkin USB Direct Cable and have installed it etc. etc.etc. Currently, the XP machine recognises the workgroup, but will not share files - it queries whether I have permission and states file path not found. The Laptop does not recognise anything at all. TCP/IP protocols are correct and working; can't ping the other computer in either direction; computer names and workgroup are all correct; Internet Connection Firewall on XP is not interfering with this network. J...

Excel Charts #4
I have switched on the tracking option from Tools menu. Tracking is perfect but I am not able to make charts in this condition as becuuse the chart option icon is deactivated. I need both the options simultanously. Pl. advice. Hi, When you switch the tracking on it makes the workbook shared. Shared workbooks have restrictions. One begin chartwizard. XL: Commands and Features Unavailable in Shared Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=130560 I'm not aware of any work arounds :( Cheers Andy R Kartik wrote: > I have switched on the tracking option from Tools men...

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Text Boxes #10
Hi I've nearly finished a publication but have now been told that I need to put a side panel on every page. This means that I need to move and resize all the text boxes in the whole document!! Is there a way of moving them all together as they need to be the same size and in the same place on each page? I don't know of a way to do all the pages in one operation. What you can do to make all the existing text boxes the same size by temporarily move the guide over to a location to match the intended location of the side of the text box, go through the pages "snapping" ...

CDateTimeCtrl #10
Im using Visual C++ 6.0. My problem concerns a datetime picker. When i change the date and change the time subsequently and remove focus from datetime picker it forgets the time or it rolls back to the previous time. I want the time to remain. Any solution for this problem? when you set focus to the DTP control and try to change date or time after that and the change focus from the DTP then both date and time roll back to the privious values. "bilisa" wrote: > Im using Visual C++ 6.0. > My problem concerns a datetime picker. When i change the date and change the > ...

CRM Login issues 01-10-07
Hello. We have CRM 1.2 installed on a 2003 server and Outlook client 3.0 installed on both desktops and laptops. Our problem is that, when logging into Outlook or into the web client, we must log into the server hosting CRM. For example, we must bring up the CRM server as such: http://crmserver Then the login screen appears and the login name must be as such: crmserver.domain.com\username. I know this cannot be the proper way to have the CRM system set up (I did not install it originally) and use AD logins for authentication. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why we have to authen...