Addresses disappear from the address bar

I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one
minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address
bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning,
only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window
contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if
I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools >
Internet Options...
How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

0
Ilya
8/29/2010 1:47:11 AM
windows.64bit.general 524 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ilya,
Click Alt, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Options. Click on the button
that says something like Reset Internet Explorer defaults (translating from
Spanish into English, so menues and buttons names may differ).
Carlos

"Ilya Zeldes" wrote:

> I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one
> minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address
> bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning,
> only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window
> contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if
> I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools >
> Internet Options...
> How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE?
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

Carlos,

thank you for your suggestion. Your translation was excellent and I found
that button easily. However, next to it, there is a warning "You should only
use this if your browser is in an unusable state". Since I still can use my
browser with a minor inconvenience, I think, I'll wait a little...
Meanwhile, may you tell me, what caused those saved addresses to disappear
and now prevents them from saving? I hope there is some manual operation I
can perform and restore the save function. Do you know of a registry key?

Thanks again for your help.

Ilya

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ilya,
> Click Alt, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Options. Click on the button
> that says something like Reset Internet Explorer defaults (translating
> from
> Spanish into English, so menues and buttons names may differ).
> Carlos

> "Ilya Zeldes" wrote:
>
>> I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one
>> minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the
>> address
>> bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this
>> morning,
>> only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window
>> contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears
>> if
>> I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools >
>> Internet Options...
>> How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE?
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida

0
Ilya
8/29/2010 3:56:38 PM
Just found in some NG, that a typed URLs are in the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs... Checked my registry,
there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer, but there is no Typed
URLs... What happened?

Ilya

"Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Carlos,
>
> thank you for your suggestion. Your translation was excellent and I found
> that button easily. However, next to it, there is a warning "You should
> only use this if your browser is in an unusable state". Since I still can
> use my browser with a minor inconvenience, I think, I'll wait a little...
> Meanwhile, may you tell me, what caused those saved addresses to disappear
> and now prevents them from saving? I hope there is some manual operation I
> can perform and restore the save function. Do you know of a registry key?
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Ilya
>
> "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Ilya,
>> Click Alt, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Options. Click on the button
>> that says something like Reset Internet Explorer defaults (translating
>> from
>> Spanish into English, so menues and buttons names may differ).
>> Carlos

>> "Ilya Zeldes" wrote:
>>
>>> I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one
>>> minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the
>>> address
>>> bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this
>>> morning,
>>> only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window
>>> contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears
>>> if
>>> I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools >
>>> Internet Options...
>>> How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ilya Zeldes
>>> Fort Myers, Florida

0
Ilya
8/29/2010 5:22:32 PM
Ilya,
Alt Tools, Internet Options, choose General Tab.
Browsing History (in the middle of the tab).
Do you have a check on "delete history when exit" there?
Carlos

"Ilya Zeldes" wrote:

> Just found in some NG, that a typed URLs are in the
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs... Checked my registry,
> there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer, but there is no Typed
> URLs... What happened?
>
> Ilya
>
> "Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Carlos,
> >
> > thank you for your suggestion. Your translation was excellent and I found
> > that button easily. However, next to it, there is a warning "You should
> > only use this if your browser is in an unusable state". Since I still can
> > use my browser with a minor inconvenience, I think, I'll wait a little...
> > Meanwhile, may you tell me, what caused those saved addresses to disappear
> > and now prevents them from saving? I hope there is some manual operation I
> > can perform and restore the save function. Do you know of a registry key?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help.
> >
> > Ilya
> >
> > "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Ilya,
> >> Click Alt, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Options. Click on the button
> >> that says something like Reset Internet Explorer defaults (translating
> >> from
> >> Spanish into English, so menues and buttons names may differ).
> >> Carlos

No, Carlos, there is no check mark...

> Ilya,
> Alt Tools, Internet Options, choose General Tab.
> Browsing History (in the middle of the tab).
> Do you have a check on "delete history when exit" there?
> Carlos
>
> "Ilya Zeldes" wrote:
>
>> Just found in some NG, that a typed URLs are in the
>> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs... Checked my
>> registry,
>> there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer, but there is no Typed
>> URLs... What happened?
>>
>> Ilya
>>
>> "Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Carlos,
>> >
>> > thank you for your suggestion. Your translation was excellent and I
>> > found
>> > that button easily. However, next to it, there is a warning "You should
>> > only use this if your browser is in an unusable state". Since I still
>> > can
>> > use my browser with a minor inconvenience, I think, I'll wait a
>> > little...
>> > Meanwhile, may you tell me, what caused those saved addresses to
>> > disappear
>> > and now prevents them from saving? I hope there is some manual
>> > operation I
>> > can perform and restore the save function. Do you know of a registry
>> > key?
>> >
>> > Thanks again for your help.
>> >
>> > Ilya
>> >
>> > "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Ilya
8/29/2010 7:29:29 PM
> Just found in some NG, that a typed URLs are in the
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs... Checked my
> registry, there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer, but there is
> no Typed URLs... What happened?
>
> Ilya

Did you, or one of your programs, delete Temporary Internet Files?

0
KCB
8/30/2010 8:49:53 PM
"Ilya Zeldes"  wrote in message

> Checked my registry, there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,
> but there is no Typed URLs...

Really?  Or just one that you can't access?   E.g. have you tried using an
elevated  regedit?   Or looking at it using an Administrator's account?

FWIW  if it really doesn't exist I would expect it to be regenerated but if
it does exist but is hidden or protected then that probably wouldn't happen.

I would use  ProcMon  to try to figure out what is going on with that key.
Having the key missing or even unmodifiable would account for your symptom.

BTW in case it changes your view of things more easily see if  regedt32.exe
is still a separate tool in your OS?   (I just tried in W7 and it only seems
to be a alternate stub for accessing  regedit.exe.  Who knew?  <w>)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
8/30/2010 9:17:21 PM
Sure, TIF are deleted automatically every time on exit.

Ilya

"KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote in message

> "Ilya Zeldes" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just found in some NG, that a typed URLs are in the
>> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Typed URLs... Checked my
>> registry, there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer, but there
>> is no Typed URLs... What happened?
>>
>> Ilya
>
> Did you, or one of your programs, delete Temporary Internet Files?

0
Ilya
8/31/2010 9:37:33 AM
Well, Robert, as I reported earlier, there was no folder "Typed URLs" at the
time I checked. After I tinkered with the internet options and Reset all
zones to default level in Security, the typed URLs are saved again... What's
happened - why they disappeared and why they are working again - have no
idea... But I'm happy be back in business...

Ilya

> "Ilya Zeldes"  wrote in message
>
>> Checked my registry, there is HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,
>> but there is no Typed URLs...
>

> Really?  Or just one that you can't access?   E.g. have you tried using an
> elevated  regedit?   Or looking at it using an Administrator's account?
>
> FWIW  if it really doesn't exist I would expect it to be regenerated but
> if it does exist but is hidden or protected then that probably wouldn't
> happen.
>
> I would use  ProcMon  to try to figure out what is going on with that key.
> Having the key missing or even unmodifiable would account for your
> symptom.
>
> BTW in case it changes your view of things more easily see if
> regedt32.exe is still a separate tool in your OS?   (I just tried in W7
> and it only seems to be a alternate stub for accessing  regedit.exe.  Who
> knew?  <w>)
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

0
Ilya
8/31/2010 9:46:45 AM
> Reset all zones to default level in Security, the typed URLs are saved
> again...

That's useful to know.   Much more specific than a full RIES which is what
you might have seen suggested.  Thanks.

> What's happened - why they disappeared and why they are working again -
> have no
idea... But I'm happy be back in business...

ProcMon  could help with the last issue, if nothing else.   ; )

Robert
---

0
Robert
8/31/2010 2:47:39 PM
Yeah, I'm glad I was slow in implementing all the complicated suggestions
until I found a simple one

Ilya

>> Reset all zones to default level in Security, the typed URLs are saved
>> again...
>

> That's useful to know.   Much more specific than a full RIES which is what
> you might have seen suggested.  Thanks.
>

>> What's happened - why they disappeared and why they are working again -
>> have no
> idea... But I'm happy be back in business...
>

> ProcMon  could help with the last issue, if nothing else.   ; )
>

> Robert
> ---

0
Ilya
9/1/2010 2:03:44 AM
Does u use Ccleaner perhaps? It will clear the saved address bar url's

> Yeah, I'm glad I was slow in implementing all the complicated suggestions
> until I found a simple one
>
> Ilya
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
>>> Reset all zones to default level in Security, the typed URLs are saved
>>> again...
>>

>> That's useful to know.   Much more specific than a full RIES which is
>> what you might have seen suggested.  Thanks.
>>

>>> What's happened - why they disappeared and why they are working again -
>>> have no
>> idea... But I'm happy be back in business...
>>

>> ProcMon  could help with the last issue, if nothing else.   ; )
>>

>> Robert
>> ---

0
Kue2

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

pst file disappeared!
My Outlook pst file has just disappeared. I used Outlook last night and for the last few months without any problems, then this morning when I turned on the pc and tried to start Outlook I received the following error message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. unable to display the selected folder or item. The file F:\Documents and Settings\Tony Winyard\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. The Outlook.pst file was pretty big and contained a lot of emails, contacts, calendar entries etc, but windows explorer no...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

Excel Bar Graph Questions
I want to compare FY08 & FY09 data (By each mth) using excel bar graph. So, on the X-axis need to show 08 & 09 bar graph in DIFFERENT color. What's the restrictions now I can see is ONLY ONE color shown on data on X axis. Anyone knows how to do it? Many Thanks Hi, Did you move one of the series to the secondary axis? If so see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ruby" <Ruby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223C6B4E-345D-40B7-A217-AEA3FA686F...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

How do I get a MAC address?
Please could someone tell me the best way to get the MAC Address of a local machine? i.e. the machine of a user browsing a web page, where the webpage is run by my servers. I have had a look around and it seems to be that ActiveX and some COM calls is the only route to go but I am a rookie in this area, so any pointers/help would be greatly apprieciated. Many thanks, -Nils + The best things in life are free but then so are the worst. Here's how I do it; it should work on any platform from Win98 on: #include <iphlpapi.h> // remember to link w/ iphlpapi.lib #define...

How to select a particular smtp address (alias) for sending e-mail?
We are hosting multiple domains in our Exchange 2000 server because we have multiple business units. Each user has multiple smtp e-mail addresses per mailbox. For example, johnsmith@companya.com, johnsmith@companyb.com, and johnsmith@companyc.com etc. where the first one is the default address. How do we select a particular smtp e-mail address for sending e-mail? Thanks. Stanley Tang ...

Group addresses in Address Book
Group addresses adds an incorrect address and addresses formerly deleted. I can't correct it and the email won't send. I'm not sure what you are doing. If you open the Address Book | New | New Group | Select Members and choose the ones in the Address Book you want, that is all you should see. Are you doing it differently? Is this an old group? Try creating a new one. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mack2" <Mack2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621B0FED-CD54-4634-B9E3-CDF...

Automatic contact/address inclusion in address book
Hi is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom i send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book? regards gabriel The former no one would ever want. For the latter, no current versions of Outlook have the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ggs" <truthnospam@icon.c...

ghost address or alias
Using Exchange 2003 about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox. Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was deleted(michael). Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any mailbox rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the "michael" address. Any ideas??? Tx Sean One more thing i just realised: This only occurs with calendar items (i.e appointments/invites) &qu...

Address Book Contacts Folders
Hi: I have a friend using OE6 and somehow he has contacts listed in both the Shared Contacts and Main Identity's Contacts folders. All my contacts are listed in the Main Identity's Contacts folder and I have never seen any in the Shared Contacts folder. What is the purpose of the Shared Contacts folder versus it's sub folder Main Identity's Contacts ? Also having contacts listed in both folders what would be the recommended action for him to take? I would think to place all them in the Main Identity's Contacts folder, but I want to be sure. Is thi...

how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer
how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer We have no idea what you are asking. This is an Outlook group. Outlook does not even use an address book, and there is no "XP" version of Outlook. Clarify what it is you need to do and why you think it is an Outlook question. So far, you seem to be asking about operating systems, not Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58764E1E-33F6-4958-BFE2-1835040BDC6F@microsoft.com... > how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer ...

access 2000 task bar icons for open forms nightmare
Hello everyone, Is there anyway to disable the access toolbar or find a better solution to the endless sea of task bar icons when running an application built with Access 2000. For example: We have a sales database program that adds an item to the task bar everytime there is a new form opened up in the program. A sales employee may have 5 customer forms open up at the same time, plus an additional 3 forms open up just to get to each customer. As a result there are about 15-20 forms in the task bar. If our salesperson wants to switch back and forth between customers they can't even tell w...

Addresses, addresses and more addresses
I've read thru many of the posts related to this subject but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for..... We have a client that has accounts and contacts with multiple addresses for both entities and we have yet to devise a decent solution for them to manage these various addresses. How to keep track of which one's to use and when? How to leverage the address name? What about the more addresses being separate from both of the entities. Has anyone dealt with this business issue? How have you dealt with it? Could you describe your scenario and how it was resolved? Hi...

MODIFYING SMTP EMAIL ADDRESS FOR GROUPS
HI, I'm trying to figure out how to edit or add a smtp email address for a group of email addresses. I've got several groups of email addresses, but I can't seem to find the properties under the active directory. It's straight forward for individual addresses. Any help is appreciated. you cannot see the "E-mail addresses" tab for your distribution groups? are you certain they are distribution/mail-enabled groups? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "merlin2049er" <merlin2049er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96F49221-A078-48BC-997D-A52F...