Subject:  Re: two XP installs on one machine
Date:     Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:47:59 -0400
From:    "dadiOH" <dadiOH@invalid.com>

Subject:  Re: Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of
Community
Date:     Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:49:07 -0400
From:    "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org>

Subject:  Re: W98SE USB HID Driver Sought
Date:     Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:06:33 -0700
From:     "Hot-Text" <hot-text@hotmail.com>

Community
Date:     Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:56:25 -0700
From:    "Hot-Text" <hot-text@hotmail.com>

Subject:  Re: disable annoying flash update notices
Date:     Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:00:15 -0700
From:    "Hot-Text" <hot-text@hotmail.com>

It's ironic that the last 3 posts are from the moron.  I don't see those
posts on nntp.aioe.org.  I wonder if it's because he screwed up his time
setting.
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C2CA8D9.B38A60CB@Guy.com...
>I can still subscribe and read posts in this newsgroup
> (microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion) on the microsoft server
> msnews.microsoft.com as of 10:35 am EST today (July 1).
> snip

Well, they stated they were closing the group on their server on July
1...today.  They are on Pacific Time, so right now it is only a little
after 8:30am there.  I wouldn't expect anything to happen till much
later in the day, or night, at the earliest....not that it matters.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
7/1/2010 3:39:43 PM
I hate to see these groups going. I really was able to save my computer many
times with the help of the groups knowledgeable people. Thanks to all that
were of help through the 10 years that I have had this computer. Now what?
How do I find the other places to get information to help me.

Angel

:
: Well, they stated they were closing the group on their server on July
: 1...today.  They are on Pacific Time, so right now it is only a little
: after 8:30am there.  I wouldn't expect anything to happen till much
: later in the day, or night, at the earliest....not that it matters.
: --
: Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
: A+
: http://dts-l.net/
:

0
Angel
7/1/2010 5:27:45 PM
Get on one of the other nntp servers, some of which have been mentioned in
here over the past few days (or maybe it was in the XP group - can't
recall).   Some are even free, like nntp.aioe.org (text only, and with a
limited number of postings per day).   (I think you can find some by
Googling "usenet servers", or something close to that).

Angel wrote:
> I hate to see these groups going. I really was able to save my computer
> many
> times with the help of the groups knowledgeable people. Thanks to all that
> were of help through the 10 years that I have had this computer. Now what?
> How do I find the other places to get information to help me.
>
> Angel

>> "98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C2CA8D9.B38A60CB@Guy.com...
>>> I can still subscribe and read posts in this newsgroup
>>> (microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion) on the microsoft server
>>> msnews.microsoft.com as of 10:35 am EST today (July 1).
>>> snip
>>
>> Well, they stated they were closing the group on their server on July
>> 1...today.  They are on Pacific Time, so right now it is only a little
>> after 8:30am there.  I wouldn't expect anything to happen till much
>> later in the day, or night, at the earliest....not that it matters.
>> --
>> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
>> A+
>> http://dts-l.net/

0
Bill
7/1/2010 6:06:25 PM
Angel full-quoted and top-poasted:

> I hate to see these groups going. I really was able to save my
> computer many times with the help of the groups knowledgeable
> people. Thanks to all that were of help through the 10 years
> that I have had this computer. Now what?
>
> How do I find the other places to get information to help me.

If you had been reading this newsgroup even sporadically over the past 2
months, you would have learned the following:

1) While microsoft is shutting down it's usenet server, this windows-98
newsgroups and many or most other microsoft.public newsgroups will
continue to exist on the "world-wide" usenet network for some time,
potentially indefinately depending on the configuration of individual
servers.   Several optional servers have been mentioned here.  I suggest
nntp.aioe.org.  This requires that you learn how to use a usenet or NNTP
client.  Outlook Express is one such client, but there are other more
"respectible" usenet clients.  I use Netscape Communicator 4.79.

2) Other windows 98 forums have also been mentioned.  Another usenet
newsgroup (alt.windows98) and a web-based forum:  msfn.org ->
http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme/
Hi Bill,

I have not been following the group too closely during the last few months.
I just happened to go to it today and was surprised to find that they were
going to be discontinued today!!

Angel

: Angel wrote:
: > I hate to see these groups going. I really was able to save my computer
: > many
: > times with the help of the groups knowledgeable people. Thanks to all
that
: > were of help through the 10 years that I have had this computer. Now
what?
: > How do I find the other places to get information to help me.
: >
: > Angel
: >
: > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
: > news:i0ics5$i0l$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: >> "98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message
: >>> I can still subscribe and read posts in this newsgroup
: >>> (microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion) on the microsoft server
: >>> msnews.microsoft.com as of 10:35 am EST today (July 1).
: >>> snip
: >>
: >> Well, they stated they were closing the group on their server on July
: >> 1...today.  They are on Pacific Time, so right now it is only a little
: >> after 8:30am there.  I wouldn't expect anything to happen till much
: >> later in the day, or night, at the earliest....not that it matters.
: >> --
: >> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
: >> A+
: >> http://dts-l.net/
:
:

0
Angel
7/1/2010 6:41:43 PM
"Angel" <angel@noway.com> wrote in message
>I hate to see these groups going. I really was able to save my computer
>many
> times with the help of the groups knowledgeable people. Thanks to all
> that
> were of help through the 10 years that I have had this computer. Now
> what?
> How do I find the other places to get information to help me.

The group still exists in the cloud of usenet servers, you only need to
find another tap. I use Eternal-September (free) but I used to use
Supernews (paid by my ISP account I think - until they stopped offering
it). Giganews is a name I remember, probably even have some named
ultranews, meganews, superextrameganews, ultrasupermegaextranews....

0
FromTheRafters

Making XP desktop look like Win98
I have used Win98 since 98. I really didn't care to upgrade, but it seems there's just too much stuff that dont work in 98 anymore. I just bought another (used) computer with XP installed, and will keep my Win98 computer as it is. That way I can use either one. The old one was too slow for XP and dual booting seemed like a hassle to setup. So, now I just have 2 computers. Anyhow, I recall someone long ago saying there's a way to make XP look and act like Win98. I really dont care to have to get used to a new look, and XP has too much junk I dont care to use anyhow...

ref: exchange server still keeps a removed exch- svr
Yes it was using same org and site What did you see for the home server? Your replies aren't forming a thread - I'd try another mail client as its hard to keep up with. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Geo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17ae01c3fbdb$e5602980$a30128...

POP3 still working
how can my users receive email from externally via the exchange server, they still receive emails via the POP3 server.Which settings can i change. Monde(South Africa) wrote: > *how can my users receive email from externally via the exchang > server, they still receive emails via the POP3 server.Which setting > can i change. * What's your environnment setup ? Client vs Servers, then we can more appropriately answer you question. Cheer - i@n ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ---------------------...

Infotechspectrum: Our Direct Client is urgently in need of "Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services".
Hi, Hope you are doing good. Please find the Requirement below and send me your Word format updated Resume if still available. Position : Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Location : Burbank CA. (Locals) Duration : Aug 28 thru Oct 31 Interview: Immediate Skill set Required: * 2-3 Yrs, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) * 2-3 Years developing reports from Great Plains Financials Tables. * Excellent English skills are critical here, spoken and written. Thanks ...

Win98
I was trying to install the M05 trial but it requires Windows 98 second edition. I am using Windows98 [first edition]. Can I upgrade it to second edition without cost or am I forced to buy new Windows version ? (which set off a chain of upgrades for me) Georg, With all due respect Georg, it might be time to upgrade. Windows 98 (both versions) have been end-of-life for a very, very long time. You are now in something Systems Engineers coin "Obsolescence Risk." That is, you can upgrade now, while you can take your time OR later, when your system crashes, none of the avail h...

By: deesom In: microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer
I do have an unusual situation - and I really do need your help, urgently: I have a gravel road infrasture asset (GRDS-0001 with suffix 1). It has a Net Book Value of $ 1,200,000. This gravel road was paved over at a cost of $ 750,000. The asset is no longer a gravel road, and the transformed asset needs to be classified as a new asset, for example , with an asset ID of PRDS-0001(suffix 1). How would I properly create and record this new asset, with the cost of $ 1,950,000, and still preserve the history of the old asset (GRDS-0001), that no longer exists. I did not feel comfortable ...

Microsoft CRM currency
In microsoft crm in the reports zone, all the values are shown in escudos $$ and i whant to change it to Euros ... Who do i do this?? can anyone help me ..... Portugal I have change the local WinXp settings currency symbol to=20 Euro and in crystal it apears in ? now but when ms crm=20 executes the reports if i havent change the format in the=20 field to custom "?" it doesn=B4t change !! :( I think that=20 the problem is in MS CRM Thanks for the help We had the same problem. We had modified the same parameter Martin had told you to chane, but we also had changed in the MS re...

Data Labels still looking for help
I have two data labels on a chart that overlap. Is it possible to wrap the text or change the data label box size so both labels are readable? Thanks for any help. Cody Hi Cody.......... I don't know the answer to your question, but can advise you that if you don't get an answer here.....you might do better trying at microsoft.public.excel.charting where they specialize in questions about charts and the like. I've gotten lots of good answers there......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Cody" <Cody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17E5F11-...

Is it possible to make proposals in microsoft CRM?
Hello, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to make proposals in microsoft CRM? My problem is that we work only with services, not products, and MS CRM can create quotes, orders, and invoices. All of them for products only! But I need to make proposals, for services!! Is there a way to do that? Excuse the english. Setup your services in the product catalog. Define them as you would services either with the total quantity being hours or some other unit. Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM "webbureau" <webbureau@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175369876.193027.11460@p77g...

Look at important pack from the Microsoft Corporation
--jvgqvfhettarx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="evnfkgtacafvf"; type="multipart/alternative" --evnfkgtacafvf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="muzedbehtkw" --muzedbehtkw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to p...

Microsoft Exchange Server Unavailable
I want to use Outlook for my email, but I can't get it to start. When open it, it says my Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable and i closes. So I went to Control Panel->Mail and clicked on Emai Accounts. This just freezes and has to be shut down. An suggestions? BTW, I have Windows XP and Outlook X ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are you using an Exchange server?? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the...

Need to apply policy of firstname.lastname@domainname.com
Can you use policies to do this? I need to have all users with an email address of firstname.lastname@domainname.com . In this case my domainname.com does not coincide with my internal AD namespace. I was thinking policies my do the trick but am unsure. Thanks in advance. Shannon You're right - (Recipient) policies will do the trick. Modify default Recipient Policy email address (or can add it as an additional address and set it as default): %g.%s@domainname.com How to Modify an SMTP E-Mail Address by Using Recipient Policies http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822447 Also recommen...

connecting XP to an old Win98 PC
I have acquired an old yellow cable and on it is printed the following: TYPE CM 24AWG 75.C C(UL) E201854-B ETL VERIFIED TIA/EIA-56B-B.2 CAT.5 UTP PATCH It is 2 metres long. I have also taken a close look at the connectors and it looks as if the wires match at both ends, although to be fair the clarity isn't clear because the plugs are worn and I can't make out exactly on two of the wires if they are the same or not. At home, I would like to connect my XP Home machine to my old Win98 maching using a cable via the NIC sockets, but I am not sure if the above cable would do ...

Interoperation calling COM
Hi! Below I have two code snippets the first one is done in VB and the second is done in C#. I do know why the C# version is getting compile error because I have discussed that issue in a thread before. But how can the VB version work without passing any parameter ? I mean the underlaying Dll that is being called from VB is the same as the one that is called from C# and to have this statement NewExcelApp.Worksheets.Add(); in C# gave compile error. So what I don't understand is how the support for Optional parameter that VB has make it work ? Here I have one VB code snip...

microsoft publisher in office 2000
I am unable to create calendars, labels, newsletters, etc. because the wizard is unavailable. When I try to reinstall it, or have the CD repair it, it cannot. The message I receive as the problem is as follows: V2.00.2600.2 That means nothing to me! How do I fix the problem? I Googled V2.00.2600.2 and apparently it is a Windows Installer error. Did you try to do any research on what it was? What results did you get? Also, what was the full error message? "Betty" <fhanegraaf@aol.com> wrote in message news:04ce01c3b86c$262985a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable t...

Weird CRM 4.0 Installation Error
Hello, We have been trying to Install CRM4.0 on a new server and we get the following error during the installation. --------------------------- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Setup Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.UseAnonymousAuthenticationForImagesAction failed. The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) --------------------------- The server meets all the requirements in the planning and implementation and installation guides. I have looked on the web, on Microsoft's site and in the CRM groups but have not found anything similar. I have successfully i...

Still no joy
I have 100's of similarly named XL files. Finding the one I want i easy in XL 5.0 because the File>Find dialog box can be set to show the fil titles next to each file name. But, in later versions of XL, the File>Ope Explorer window doesn't show titles. In response to my earlier query, two people said that I should choose 'Details' in the 'View' section of the settings. This is incorrect. Only FileName, FileSize, FileType, and DateModified are shown. Perhaps they meant select Views>Properties, but this only shows titles _one at a time_, for the currently...

microsoft money 2002 #3
Ok, not sure if I'm going to explain this right. I've downloaded all my transactions from my bank then used this to add to bills and deposits register. What I want to happen, and it doesn't seem to be working, is when I connect to the bank and download further transactions, for them to be matched automatically with the ones in the bills and deposits. The one it seems to be getting stuck with is a transaction that's name also has a number with it chb-293789595 (numers made up here) that change consecutively each month, so I'm guessing that's where it's not working....

Address Book or Microsoft Outlook?
Which is best to use to store Contacts? In IE, Options, Programs you can choose either to use as default Address Book. Does it make any difference which I use and will it affect backups, import/export etc.. in Outlook? Is one a smaller file than the other? I am using IE7 and Outlook 2000. Thanks. -- marx404 The IE option will use whatever you have selected for your default = address book. IE has no address book. You can designate Outlook or = Outlook Express (Windows Address Book) as your default Address Book in = IE's Tools->Options->Programs tab and that will be what g...

How to know the Excel is Still Opening
Hi I write a program to display a excel use the office automation with MF a. Create a temporary excel fil b. SetVisibl c. SetUserContro --- d. Wait for User close the excel fil e. delete the excel fil untill step c is completed,but I don,t know how can I wait untill user close the excle ...

Is Office_2k3_SP3 the right packe to install Microsoft Office 2007
Hi All, We need to install MS Office 2007 on a machine which doesnt have any version of Microsoft Office installed on it. Will the following pack help to install MS 2007 right from scratch: /Office_2k3_SP3/ Any pointers would be highly helpful Insert Office 2007 cd/dvd, install Office "Apoorv85" <Apoorv85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B21D5EAB-91D3-42E9-AB03-C89F6CAD0A4E@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > We need to install MS Office 2007 on a machine which doesnt have any > version > of Microsoft Office installed on i...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

AfxMessageBox still not working.
Hi Guys I followed your instructions and made m_pMainWnd = NULL; but still its not showing the AfxMessageBox. I have to post full code here. ============================================================================= dialogbox represents as follows title: v2 textbox list box with 4 items OK button Cancel Button. ============================================================================ // v2.h : main header file for the V2 application // #if !defined(AFX_V2_H__01C1FE79_BC51_49E1_861D_12EEB824AA7B__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_V2_H__01C1FE79_BC51_49E1_861D_12EEB824AA7B__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER...

Backup problem: files still in use after closing Outlook
Hi, I know the location of my Outlook .pst files and Business Contact Manager files. I use a great little program called Second Copy to backup all my data files. I've also downloaded and installed the MS backup utility. In either case, after I close Outlook and try to backup, I get error messages indicating that the file is still in use in some process. If I wait maybe 15 minutes or more and try again, the backup will usually work. Does anyone know why the files are not closing completely when I exit Outlook and what I can do? I just recently upgraded to Office 2007 and have beg...

Program won't run on win98 after successfully compiling on win98 machine
Hello and thanks for helping. I have been developing a program on a win98 computer but then switched to a w2k computer for a while. Now I have to go back to the win98 computer and support the program on other win98 computers. Problem is, when I reinstalled VC++, cleaned then rebuilt all, then executed, the following 2 dialog boxes appeared: 1)"Error starting program" "Program appears to be corrupt" 2) "Microsoft Visual C++" "Incorrect format (win32 error 11)" this same project, when compiled for win98 3 months ago, worked fine. This same projec...