Was there a TweakUI for W98?

Was there ever a version of TweakUI for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE?

If so, where can a copy be downloaded from?

Many thanks, in advance, for any information.
0
HenriK
6/26/2010 7:05:31 PM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message

> Was there ever a version of TweakUI for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE?

Yes, initially withheld by Microsoft from Win98 but later inserted
in the Power Toys package.  The WinXP version is TweakUI133
and probably also runs under Win98.  Search for TweakUI133.ZIP
or else TweakUIPowertoy.EXE (2003).

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
Don
6/26/2010 7:44:09 PM
"HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> Was there ever a version of TweakUI for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE?
>
> If so, where can a copy be downloaded from?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, for any information

Tweak UI 1.33 was designed for Win98/ME/NT/2K:

Tweak UI 1.33 Download
http://majorgeeks.com/Tweak_UI_d226.html

Some of its features can be used on XP, but it is not recommended.
The version for XP was Tweak UI 2.10....it does not work with Win98.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
6/26/2010 8:06:48 PM
glee wrote:
> "HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Was there ever a version of TweakUI for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE?
>>
>> If so, where can a copy be downloaded from?
>>
>> Many thanks, in advance, for any information
>

> Tweak UI 1.33 was designed for Win98/ME/NT/2K:
>
> Tweak UI 1.33 Download
> http://majorgeeks.com/Tweak_UI_d226.html
>
> Some of its features can be used on XP, but it is not recommended.
> The version for XP was Tweak UI 2.10....it does not work with Win98.
Many Thanks!
0
HenriK

Was there a TweakUI for W98?
Was there ever a version of TweakUI for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE? If so, where can a copy be downloaded from? Many thanks, in advance, for any information. "HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:Oh3MOKWFLHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Was there ever a version of TweakUI for Windows 98 and Windows 98SE? Yes, initially withheld by Microsoft from Win98 but later inserted in the Power Toys package. The WinXP version is TweakUI133 and probably also runs under Win98. Search for TweakUI133.ZIP or else TweakUIPowertoy.EXE (2003). -- Don...

TweakUI Changes Not Applying?
I used to use TweakUI to hide a drive containing some personal information. All of a sudden the drive is now showing in Windows Explorer. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and that didn't help. I also tried to hide it using the Registry Editor and adding a new DWORD "NoDrives" but that didn't work either. There was already one there, I assume from TweakUI so I deleted it and created a new one but the drive is still showing. What could have caused TweakUI to suddenly stop working? I had some weird issues with my BIOS, but shouldn't Twea...

Sopcast on W98?
hallo do you know any version of Sopcast able to run under W98 SE (or any workaround)? i downloaded a couple of versions i found and about which i 've read their w98 compliance on the page i downloaded them from, but nope On 04/16/2010 03:41 PM, a wrote: > hallo > > do you know any version of Sopcast able to run under W98 SE > (or any workaround)? > > i downloaded a couple of versions i found and about which i 've read their > w98 compliance on the page i downloaded them from, but nope > > SopCast Organization Pudong North Nanqu...

No webmail access for W98 users
We are running MS Exchange2003 on WServer2003. W98 & 95 users outside of our network are denied access to their web based email. IE displays "access denied" before reaching the login window. WinXP users have no problem. All our clients in network are XP Pro. Thanks to anyone who can help! -- HSWP-IT "hswpit" <hswpit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C75CB0D9-B0B5-4F0A-83D5-ADDD5A76CE1B@microsoft.com... > We are running MS Exchange2003 on WServer2003. > W98 & 95 users outside of our network are denied access to their web = based=20 &g...

open data excel w98 on xp program help
I saved data on W98 excel and now can't open it on xp spreadsheet. What should I do? help thx ...

Problem with resources on W98
My application, which seems to work without problem on XP, has a problem on W98 with resource : when working on W98 french version after a while the application display a dialog box with the french message "Une ressource requise était non"(in english "A required resource was not") After that message the application seems to lack resources to work correctly. What should I check on my code ? -- Joel Windows 98 does not manage system resources as well as XP, so if you create a bitmap for example, but do not free it, Windows 98 will eventually break. 2000/XP handle syst...

TweakUI and Power Toys
I just downloaded and installed the Power Toys with Tweakui for Windows XP from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx but I can't find where they were installed to. In the old days, TweakUI would be in the Control Panel. How do I find out where these programs went to so I can start playing with my new "toys"? -- DaffyD� ( : []= If I knew where I was I'd be there now. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4625 (20091120) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 An...

Program Works On XP But Not W98
I compiled my program on WIndows XP, and the executable works fine. But when I try to run the executable on a W98, the resulting error says something like the executable is linked to missing export mfc.DLL.688 Do I have to compile my program on a W98 machine to yield a workable program on W98? Thanks, Matt My guess is your W98 machine has an older version of the MFC runtime ..dll so you can either include de appropiate .dll in the installler or link statically (which will increase .exe size however). /Casper matt wrote: > I compiled my program on WIndows XP, and the executable wor...

flash and w98 -- errgghh!
I the constant quest to have W98 do everything I'd like, the biggest and longest running obstacle has been FLASH. Tried this video this morning and it crashed my browser (tried FF2 and latest Opera) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLu1Ms-q4 (flash here is Flash9i.ocx and 9.0246) Can anyone play this in W98? If so can you please tell me what version of flash you are using, what browser, and lastly I'm wondering if my old video card with only 8mb ram is the problem, what video card you have. thnx BTW, great video. It shows how different methods of spreading thermal ...

Problem using AddFontResource on W98/ME
Hi, I am developing a WYSIWIG editor using .fnt fonts that I created in order to meet our product requirements. I am working on XP. Instead of putting the ..fnt fonts in the windir\fonts directory, I used the AddFontResource method to load them when the application starts. On XP and W2000, I have not problem and the RichEdit control that I am using recognizes the font. On W95/98/Me the AddFontResource doesn't work and the application failed. I tried to put directly the .fnt fonts in the windir\fonts but it failed. It seems that it only accepts .fon fonts. Even if I load this type of...

dialogs in w98 vs windows xp
I compiled my VC++ application in Windows 98. I treied to run it on a Windows XP machine and some of the icon buttons were different in their dimensions and fit, as was some of the text writing. When I run it on a Windows 98 mchine, even if I change the screen resolution and dimensions, it looks right. Does XP have a different GUI? Thanks, Matt matt, Windows XP introduces improved theme support. I believe they call it a visual style. So, yes the GUI is quite different from earlier Windows versions. I do not know much more about your problem though. A lot of owner draw controls d...

Intel wlan 2200bg driver for W98?
I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find) wireless driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that would work? I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded from intel only has xp and 2000 support. -- Cheers! Esra Sdrawkcab wrote: > I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find) wireless > driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that would work? > > I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded > from intel only has xp and 2000 suppo...

Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98?
Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if there is a hacked version which works? I tried logging on to MSFN tonight because I thought a group there had drivers. To my dismay, the account has been deleted !! Do they monitor and if you haven't logged in for a long time delete accounts? Hope someone can help with these drivers! someone watching wrote: > Looking for Intel 945 chipset drivers for W98SE. Anybody know if > there is a hacked version which works? To my knowledge, the last thing that was posted on msfn regarding i9xx chipsets ...

w98 to wxp (DD32101@Comcast.net)
I just set up my new version on WXP pro..I had w98 2nd edition I am not able to find my old Outlook Express files.. How do I find, and get all of my old emails and notes to the new OE. The adress book did migrate, but all of the files are empty!? Thanx JoAnne dd32101@Comcast.net JOANNE wrote: > I just set up my new version on WXP pro..I had w98 2nd > edition > I am not able to find my old Outlook Express files.. > How do I find, and get all of my old emails and notes to > the new OE. The adress book did migrate, but all of the > files are empty!? > Thanx JoAnne > ...

Long delay when using ADO and CRichEditCtrl in W98
Hello, VC++ 6, MFC, SP5, W98, ADO (msado15.dll), SDI with doc view. Recently when using ADO (Opening a cconnection, reading records, deleting them and closing the connectio in a .mdb file throught a _ConnectionPtr) and subsequently changing the CFormView derived view in the SDI app which results in doing a DestroyWindow on a CRichEditCtrl I have got a delay of about 10 seconds where my app seems to be frozen. After the 10 seconds everything is fine again. This only happens the first time the ADO connection is opened and closed in the lifetime of the app. Second and subsequent times no delay ...

pub97 won't open in w98
Recently had problems in 2 seperate computers. Both had w98 re-installed, along with other programs that were lost, including, Oficce xp, word 2000, Pub97, and others. Now when I tey to open a Pub97 doc on one computer I get: This Compter performed an illegal operation; Details; MSPUB caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00000017. And on my laptop computer (W98se), I get; This Compter performed an illegal operation; Details; MSPUB caused an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:00000017. Everything was fine previously, and I have lots of forms that...

Returning to Win98 or maybe 95 on old machine/ mobile broadband and W98
I have a 1999 Fujitsu with 512 mb upper limit for RAM and a 1.3 ghz CPU. I have spent time and money stretching it with a bigger hard drive, more USB ports, a graphics card and doubling the RAM from 256 mb, and also by trying many Linux distros (including XFCE versions), along with XP, W2K and even Vista Home Basic. Its performance isn't atrocious, but it does of course draw windows and work with the internet not so fluidly as my Vista-cum-Windows 7 laptop and my netbook. I'm thinking of reverting the purpose of the machine back to why I bought it secondhand, just to write a...