W98SE USB HID Driver Sought

I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I can
tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G chipset).

Does anybody have any idea where on the W98SE installation CD this
driver is buried?  Alternatively, could it be a chipset driver?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice, insight, or suggestions.
0
HenriK
6/30/2010 4:29:02 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HenriK <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in

> I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so
> far as I can tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500
> PC (uses Intel 845G chipset).
>
> Does anybody have any idea where on the W98SE installation
> CD this driver is buried?  Alternatively, could it be a
> chipset driver?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any advice, insight, or
> suggestions.

According to this page:
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=112378
4
it only works with XP.

Here are some more:
http://members.driverguide.com/driver_search.php?q=4500&company=
294&si=3a06724f3a1da18ea078168234ab0f2c&st=1277886525&gqm0=4500+
Dell+Computer+Corporation

Find the one(s) you need and if you don't want to sign up for
the site (it's free and painless, no spam or anything) I can DL
and post it/them for you. (Within reason.)

--
Mozart tells us what it's like to be human, Beethoven tells us
what it's like to be Beethoven and Bach tells us what it's like

"HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I can
> tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G
> chipset).
>
> Does anybody have any idea where on the W98SE installation CD this driver
> is buried?  Alternatively, could it be a chipset driver?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any advice, insight, or suggestions.

0
Hot
6/30/2010 12:45:09 PM
HenriK wrote:

> I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I
> can tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G
> chipset).

Post your question to the windows 9x/me forum on msfn.org.

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme/
>I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I can
>tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G
>chipset).
>
> Does anybody have any idea where on the W98SE installation CD this
> driver is buried?  Alternatively, could it be a chipset driver?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any advice, insight, or suggestions.

Win98 has native support for USB keyboard and mouse.... only extra
functions like multimedia keys and extra mouse buttons require a driver
from the manufacturer.

Try this repair:

Restart your computer, press and hold the CTRL key (OR repeatedly tap
the F8 key), and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup Menu that
appears.

Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> System, and then click the Device
Manager tab.
Double-click the USB controller, click the General tab, click to select
the "Disable in this hardware profile" check box.
Click OK, click Close, and then restart your computer.

Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> System, and then click the Device
Manager tab.
Double-click the USB controller, click the General tab, click to clear
the "Disable in this hardware profile" check box.
Click OK, click Close, and then restart your computer.

See:
USB Keyboard or Mouse Does Not Work in Windows 98
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/206002

General USB Troubleshooting in Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition,
and Windows Me
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263218

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
6/30/2010 2:40:48 PM
98 Guy wrote:
> HenriK wrote:
>
>> I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I
>> can tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G
>> chipset).
>
> Post your question to the windows 9x/me forum on msfn.org.
>
> http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme/

Thanks for the pointer to MSFN.org.  I didn't know it existed.
Particularly useful are the lists of last W98 software versions
available and hardware supported.
0
HenriK
6/30/2010 3:56:47 PM
HenriK wrote:

> > Post your question to the windows 9x/me forum on msfn.org.
> >
> > http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/8-windows-959898seme/
>
> Thanks for the pointer to MSFN.org.  I didn't know it existed.
> Particularly useful are the lists of last W98 software versions
> available and hardware supported.

The win-98 forum on msfn.org is probably the best web-based resource for
all things related to windows 98.  It's a central hub for many if not
all the die-hard win-98 users and developers / tweakers.
"HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message
>I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I can
>tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G
>chipset).
>
> Does anybody have any idea where on the W98SE installation CD this
> driver is buried?  Alternatively, could it be a chipset driver?
>
> Thanks, in advance, for any advice, insight, or suggestions.

Just installed Win98 on an 845 Intel board and the driver below fixed the
yellow exclamation :
(It is the "enhanced driver for USB 2.0) : Win 98 - ME

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2100&DwnldID=5540&lang=eng

0
Sunny

WLM doesn't detect my soundcard or USB headset
Hi: I run windows 7 32 bits and the latest version of Live messenger. I cannot get the audio to work (I have no webcam, so I don't know about the video part). When I want to setup audio using the wizard it tells me it cannot do so. When i try talking to someone it says I have no soundcard in my system. As a matter of fact: I have two sound devices: a realtek HD audio chip on the mainboard and a Logitech usb headset. Both devices work fine with other software and control panel says all workd fine as well. Has anyone found a solution for this problem, cause it seams I'm ...

printer driver error
I am running Window XP Pro with Office Pro with Publisher. Although I can print to my Lexmark Z65 from Word (or anywhere else I've tried) I can't print from Publisher. It keeps telling me that I have to install a printer driver - which I did when I set up the computer. Thanks for any help. Go to the Lexmark website and download and install the latest version of the printer driver available. Make sure you have the correct model driver and to suit WinXP. -- On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:41:53 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote: >Go to th...

Multiple USB Ports.
Hello All! My machine runs XP but has only two USB 2.0 ports. Some of the hardware that I have will function quite well on one of the two USB 1.0 ports but really, I think I need about 6 USB ports. There seem to be two possibilities: install two more USB 2.0 cards or use a plug-in multiport attachment. That last requires installation of a driver. I wonder what would be the best way to go? I'd be grateful for advice. -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not James Silverton wrote: > Hello All...

USB Printer only works for main user profile
I have lost the ability to print from the alternative user's profile on my XP PC. When pressing "Print" the printer icon appears in the right hand task bar for a few seconds and then disappears. I have Share Printer selected on my profile and the name of the printer is showing on the other profile - but it doesn't seem to 'connect' as I normally see a preview screen. This isn't appearing. I can print documents in the "Shared" folder when I am logged on - but the other user cannot. "John" <Who90nospam@ntlworld.com&...

Where's the generic printer driver?
Hello, I added usb printer support to my image and connected the printer via USB, but I can't select a USB connection in the PWord dialog. My image doesn't include the generic printer driver (pcl.dll)). How can I add it? Thanks in advance. in Windows CE 5.0 you have the 'PCL printer driver' from the catalog. in Windows Embedded CE 6.0 you have no catalog item: set SYSGEN_PCL in your OS design -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www.eurotech.it "timm-f" <timmf@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

USB flashdrive not recognised
I have a laptop running Windows XP, a pc running Windows 7, and a USB flashdrive which works in the laptop. It worked at first in the pc, where I used it to back up files. Butt now I get an error message saying that Windows does not recognise the device. What can I do? Any advice would be appreciated. -- laurence withau laurence withau wrote: > I have a laptop running Windows XP, a pc running Windows 7, and a USB > flashdrive which works in the laptop. It worked at first in the pc, where I > used it to back up files. Butt now I get an error message saying that Windows ...

Usb Not Recognized
Hi everyone :) I'm having a serious problem with a ''USB NOT RECOGNIZED ERROR'' whenever i plug a usb device into any of the four usb ports on my laptop. This started happening about a week ago and i've since being trying all sorts to fix this issue. I'm using a laptop Fujitsu siemens amilo li 1718 Vista home premium 32 bit Processor - genuine intel(R) CPU T2130 @1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz Ram - 1918 Mb I have tried uninstalling all the USB ports and hub in device manger a million times and again and again in safe mode. All the drivers on my mother boa...

Virtual PC 2004 and RMS USB Dongle
Does anyone have any experience with Virtual PC 2004 and the RMS USB dongle. I'm a reseller using a laptop for sales and demo purposes to display the interaction between the HQ and Sore Ops. Since my laptop doesn't have an lpt port, I must use the USB dongle and I know Virtual PC doesnt support USB and has issues with the lpt dongles. My issue is I have to resetup RMS HQ on the Virtual PC every three months when the trial ends. Anyone have any ideas either to get around this or alternative ways to show the interaction? Hi there sorry to hear that you have this problem. I have it...

WS2003/XP/2000 Driver signing
I'm trying to sign a winxp USB driver which is for USB serial emulation using usbser.sys. If I self-sign with a local certificate, it will install without the warning and looks to be fine. When I try to install the driver signed with my Class 3 code signing VeriSign certificate, it shows that the .cat file is signed properly, but the installer says it isn't signed. I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm trying to walk through the documentation to see what I could have missed. I'm wondering if it is related to having it WHQL signed, but if that were the ca...

ndislwf (NDIS 6.0 Sample Filter Driver) to monitor native wifi adapter
I have built sample Filter Driver (ndislwf) from WDK and trying to install it with INF settings HKR, Ndi,FilterClass,, Custom HKR, Ndi,FilterType,0x00010001,0x00000002 HKR, Ndi\Interfaces,UpperRange,,"noupper" HKR, Ndi\Interfaces,LowerRange,,"nolower" HKR, Ndi\Interfaces, FilterMediaTypes,,"wlan" HKR, Ndi,FilterRunType, 0x00010001, 1 ; In above INF settings FilterClass is specified as "custom", bcoz it'll have the lowest position in the stack. I've also modified FilterAttach to accept bindings with only native-WiFi adapters. With above set...

W98SE computer will not restart
Hi, After a system settings change that requires a computer restart or when I select Start/Shut Down/Restart, the computer will not restart: Diskette Drive gets interrogated, but the display remains black with no further progress. I have to turn off the computer by the tower switch and press it again to get a start. Using the Ctl/Alt/Del will also do , but I get a Post Startup Error(s) message [162 Configuration change has occured Select one of the following: Continue / Exit Setup] from which I choose �Exit Setup� to get a restart. How could that problem be solved? ...

Migrating from W98SE to XP
I have upgraded my office from a W98SE workstation to an XP machine. My outlook.pst file is kept on the office server but all the shortcuts are somewhere on my workstation. Where? The W98 is still in use but I would like to move the mystery file so I can upgrade the old machine. TIA Steve L. Steve Lenaghan <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote: > I have upgraded my office from a W98SE workstation to an XP machine. > My outlook.pst file is kept on the office server but all the > shortcuts are somewhere on my workstation. > > Where? If your PST is on a server, just tell Outlo...

USB device not recognized
Hello, a prototype device of ours has got an usb device port. When connected to a desktop pc, it claims "device not recognized..." In desktop pc device manager, the device is also marked as "not recognized". Occasionally, the device is recognized and an active sync connection is established, but connection breaks down again after a short while. This happens with all of the devices. Where can I look at to solve this problem? Thanks in advance. I'd suggest a USB bus analyzer. My guess is that your device's response to the enumeration query wh...

Talk to USB
Hi, I have an embedded processor that has a USB module on board. I would like to communicate to this processor with a PC app, using a cosole or a dialog of some sort. Does anyone know how to open and write to the USB port? Is there an api that communicates with the windows usb driver? Thanks, Bob There are two approaches: (1) Write a device driver. This is a nontrivial undertaking. You might consider the KMDF (Kernel Mode Driver Framework) just released by Microsoft, but overall you can expect to spend several months trying to figure out how to do this. [shameless plug: I teach a ...

63 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 82925
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com LFMAHNOEwjj&@bv<u?NsSzurd ...

Dual-Boot XP-Pro/W98SE
I am trying to find a good, step-by-step, tutorial on creating a dual-boot XP-Pro/W98SE system on a new hard drive. Can anyone point me toward a suitable tutorial? Thanks, in advance, for any assistance or guidance. HenriK wrote: > I am trying to find a good, step-by-step, tutorial on creating a > dual-boot XP-Pro/W98SE system on a new hard drive. > > Can anyone point me toward a suitable tutorial? Thanks, in advance, for > any assistance or guidance. It's really quite simple, create 2 partitions on your new hard drive and then install Windows 98 on t...

How to automate OL2000 (on W98SE) profile removal?
I have approx 700 PCs, in which I need to remove several OL2000 (W98SE) profiles. Is there a 'silent' / automated / remote method of doing this? Regards, Steve Caguioa ...

Can filter driver ignore an AddDevice?
Hello, I have a question. If my filter driver elects not to filter a certain PDO (e.g. it retrieves some PDO property through IoGetDeviceProperty and figures out the device should not be filtered), what should it do? 1) Return STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL, or 2) Simply return STATUS_SUCCESSFUL before doing any IoCreateDevice And anyway, is it legit to call IoGetDeviceProperty on the PhysicalDeviceObject at this point? Thanks. Just return STATUS_SUCCESS but do not attach to the device stack. If you return a failure code the whole device stack will be torn down. -- Don Burn (MV...

USB-stick
hi! is it possible to get any kind of ID of a USB-stick? thanks, philipp Volume ID? It's fat32 no? "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> a �crit dans le message de news:bmonu5$7kk$03$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! > > is it possible to get any kind of ID of a USB-stick? > > thanks, philipp > > ...

GetDriveType .... how to detect a flash USB disk
Hello to all, I try to automatically detect a USB Flah disk plugged on my PC . with the function GetDriveType( ) I can't know which kind of removable drive it is, with the types defined .... : DRIVE_UNKNOWN DRIVE_NO_ROOT_DIR DRIVE_REMOVABLE DRIVE_FIXED DRIVE_REMOTE DRIVE_CDROM DRIVE_RAMDISK Any idea ( I can t do any assumption on the size ) GetVolumeInformation( ) and others functions which return the size in bytes and the number of cluster are not good to do the job ! Is it possible ? ( to detect Flash memory from one hand and to detect the communication ( USB or Firewire IEEE...

Cause : Unknown device driver
Okay...I have sort of figured out my most recent problems...I know a few people said not to mess with a Pole Display, but I'm still trying to make it work...I am going to post the problem, and if anyone can help with correcting it, I would greatly appreciate it. I know that I can disconnect the pole, but I want to see if there is a possible work around: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012906-01.dmp C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F96F05C5 BCP3 : F0D1DB74 BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 P...

How do detect USB device arrive/remove in the HealthVault structur
Hi all, I am using the FabrikamBloodPressure sample to add my own code, but there are some function need to complete (e.g., OnDeviceArrival). I had try and search some solution, but they don't work well or i can't find the place to add in my code (e.g., RegisterDeviceNotification) And where are some other discussion. <a href="http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/healthvault/thread/aa7d26ce-a044-401f-bdc4-42d1416e6839">Thread 1</a> <a href="http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/healthvault/thread/a14a1467-dcda-4300-91b9-b0...

DEATH OF USB & Firewire PORTS, and what USB/Firewire to expect in meanwhile
Current USB standard is increasingly 3.0, not 2.0. Firewire800, not 400; regardless of all else Firewire is always better for Video editing as it adds extra commands taylored for video devices control. For general data USB3 controllers are ALREADY extremely cheap for desktops, even for laptops - the card is $30 to $40 But why do I say it may die? I don't mean it will die in a sense like people thought TV will kill radio. Copper wire is still irreplaceable in many applications, especially cost-sensitive ones. But the new era is coming up and I am excited b/c worked with wor...

W98SE USB HID Driver Sought
I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so far as I can tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 PC (uses Intel 845G chipset). Does anybody have any idea where on the W98SE installation CD this driver is buried? Alternatively, could it be a chipset driver? Thanks, in advance, for any advice, insight, or suggestions. HenriK <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in news:#bB4HzAGLHA.5856@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > I need a W98SE USB Human Interface (keyboard and mouse, so > far as I can tell) device driver for a Dell Dimension 4500 > PC (uses Intel 845...

Star TSP 700 USB receipt printer
Is anyone using this printer? I tried to use the raster driver and can get it to print a receipt but it doesn't pop the cash drawer. When using the OPOS driver for the printer it only shows COM port choices not USB. The cash drawer does pop if I use a parrallel TSP 743 printer and the OPOS driver. Pat Use USB and go into printer options and under raster it shows cash drawer info "Pat@arms" <Patarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65B7D22C-34FD-4DC4-928A-7C3B4F952C5C@microsoft.com... > Is anyone using this printer? I tried to use the raster driver...