Recycle Bin confirm message

I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but has been
used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry cleaning.

On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on delete"
message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get the confirm
message. I want to stop the confirm message.

Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how else to
stop it?

ms
0
ms
12/28/2009 12:33:07 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

check  Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>> Restart
Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart
it should  Register and  stop the confirm message.

"ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
> I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but has been
> used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry cleaning.
>
> On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on delete"
> message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get the confirm
> message. I want to stop the confirm message.
>
> Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how else to
> stop it?
>
> ms

0
Hot
12/28/2009 8:07:50 AM
"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in

> check  Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>>
> Restart Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart
> it should  Register and  stop the confirm message.
>

> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but
has
>> been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry
>> cleaning.
>>
>> On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on
>> delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get
the
>> confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message.
>>
>> Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how
>> else to stop it?
>>
>> ms

Thanks. That's a method I recall from before, but still get confirm
message. Later this machine will get a format, partition and clean
install, so maybe that will take care of it.

ms
0
ms
12/29/2009 11:03:54 PM
Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates

> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> check  Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>>
>> Restart Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart
>> it should  Register and  stop the confirm message.
>>

>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but
> has
>>> been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry
>>> cleaning.
>>>
>>> On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on
>>> delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get
> the
>>> confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message.
>>>
>>> Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how
>>> else to stop it?
>>>
>>> ms
>>

> Thanks. That's a method I recall from before, but still get confirm
> message. Later this machine will get a format, partition and clean
> install, so maybe that will take care of it.
>
> ms

0
Hot
12/29/2009 11:29:15 PM
IE6 is core component in Windows XP.

John

Hot-text wrote:
> Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates
>

> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> check  Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>>
>>> Restart Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart
>>> it should  Register and  stop the confirm message.
>>>

>>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> has

>> the

>> Thanks. That's a method I recall from before, but still get confirm
>> message. Later this machine will get a format, partition and clean
>> install, so maybe that will take care of it.
>>
>> ms

0
John
12/29/2009 11:58:29 PM
Sorry, posted to wrong group.

John

John John - MVP wrote:
> IE6 is core component in Windows XP.
>
> John
>
> Hot-text wrote:
>> Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates
>>

>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> has

>>> the

>>> Thanks. That's a method I recall from before, but still get confirm
>>> message. Later this machine will get a format, partition and clean
>>> install, so maybe that will take care of it.
>>>
>>> ms

0
John
12/30/2009 12:01:30 AM
"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OOUG96NiKHA.5596
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates
>

> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> check  Display delete Confirmation dialog box.... Apply ....Ok>>>
>>> Restart Now unchecked....... Apply..... Ok.......Restart
>>> it should  Register and  stop the confirm message.
>>>

>>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> has

>> the

>> Thanks. That's a method I recall from before, but still get confirm
>> message. Later this machine will get a format, partition and clean
>> install, so maybe that will take care of it.
>>
>> ms

I never have used IE. Starting in early Netscape days, I have later
been using Firefox. Of course, even Fx is moving, Fx 3.0 can't run in
W98, and Fx 4.0 won't work in W2000. I've never had security problems
with older Fx, but some sites don't work due to coding.

The default IE in the OS enables Help files, that's all I need.

ms
0
ms
12/30/2009 12:22:58 AM
Maybe John John  but True
IE6 is core

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Sorry, posted to wrong group.
>
> John
>
> John John - MVP wrote:
>> IE6 is core component in Windows XP.
>>
>> John
>>
>> Hot-text wrote:
>>> Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates
>>>

>>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message

0
Hot
12/30/2009 1:14:00 AM
Windows UpDates will not work with IE5 no more!
 IE5  come on the win98 CD
you have to Update IE5 to IE6 to get all the SP1  updates
Before windows stop updating win98
and there more like Flash 6 all you can have
Netscape and  Firefox the new one are not made win98 <<<< But for XP, up to
win7 only!
you see but we here to help to get you back up a running!

> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OOUG96NiKHA.5596
> @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>
>> Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates
>>

>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> has
> registry

> on
>>> the

>>> Thanks. That's a method I recall from before, but still get confirm
>>> message. Later this machine will get a format, partition and clean
>>> install, so maybe that will take care of it.
>>>
>>> ms
>>

> I never have used IE. Starting in early Netscape days, I have later
> been using Firefox. Of course, even Fx is moving, Fx 3.0 can't run in
> W98, and Fx 4.0 won't work in W2000. I've never had security problems
> with older Fx, but some sites don't work due to coding.
>
> The default IE in the OS enables Help files, that's all I need.
>
> ms

0
Hot
12/30/2009 1:27:25 AM
ms wrote:
> I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but has
> been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry
> cleaning.
>
> On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on
> delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get the
> confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message.

You made me uncheck that box just to see. The confirmation did go away
for me when deleting a file from any folder -- except from within the
Recycle Bin itself. The message still shows up deleting an item from
there -- & I guess that's normal!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,

0
PCR
12/30/2009 2:18:50 AM

> Windows UpDates will not work with IE5 no more!
>  IE5  come on the win98 CD
> you have to Update IE5 to IE6 to get all the SP1  updates
> Before windows stop updating win98
> and there more like Flash 6 all you can have
> Netscape and  Firefox the new one are not made win98 <<<< But for
XP,
> up to win7 only!
> you see but we here to help to get you back up a running!
>

> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in news:OOUG96NiKHA.5596
>> @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>>
>>> Remember to Install IE6 before start windows updates
>>>

>>> "ms" <ms@invalid.com> wrote in message

>> registry

>> on

>> I never have used IE. Starting in early Netscape days, I have later
>> been using Firefox. Of course, even Fx is moving, Fx 3.0 can't run
in
>> W98, and Fx 4.0 won't work in W2000. I've never had security
problems
>> with older Fx, but some sites don't work due to coding.
>>
>> The default IE in the OS enables Help files, that's all I need.
>>
>> ms

I don't want to start a big controversy, but I already have the
patches I need. I don't use Flash, except the default. Browsing
patterns are the answer, as a year ago I was on the net in W98SE daily
for 8 months with no patches at all, and no problems. The Firefox
forums say version 2 has lots of problems, I've used 2.0.20 for over a
year and no problems except for a few pages. I guess some seniors are
slow to change.

ms
0
ms
12/30/2009 2:25:18 AM
"PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in news:eUMowZPiKHA.2132
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> ms wrote:
>> I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but
has
>> been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry
>> cleaning.
>>
>> On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on
>> delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get
the
>> confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message.
>
> You made me uncheck that box just to see. The confirmation did go
away
> for me when deleting a file from any folder -- except from within
the
> Recycle Bin itself. The message still shows up deleting an item from
> there -- & I guess that's normal!
>
>> Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how
>> else to stop it?
>>
>> ms

Hello PCR- this is the Dell computer from about 8 months ago that you
helped me with a video problem that wouldn't go away. Soon I want to
stop using this machine for installs and start over. It has 320 MB RAM
and a 12 GB hard drive so a partition would be good.

ms
0
ms
12/30/2009 9:28:49 PM
ms wrote:
> "PCR" <pcrrcp@netzero.net> wrote in news:eUMowZPiKHA.2132
> @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
>
>> ms wrote:
>>> I have several W98SE machines. One of them operates normally but has
>>> been used for trial installs, and therefore had "moderate" registry
>>> cleaning.
>>>
>>> On this machine, Recycle Bin/Properties, the "show confirmation on
>>> delete" message is *unchecked*. But on this machine, I still get the
>>> confirm message. I want to stop the confirm message.
>>
>> You made me uncheck that box just to see. The confirmation did go
>> away for me when deleting a file from any folder -- except from
>> within the Recycle Bin itself. The message still shows up deleting
>> an item from there -- & I guess that's normal!
>>
>>> Is there an area of the Registry to be examined for this? Or, how
>>> else to stop it?
>>>
>>> ms
>>
> Hello PCR- this is the Dell computer from about 8 months ago that you
> helped me with a video problem that wouldn't go away. Soon I want to
> stop using this machine for installs and start over. It has 320 MB RAM
> and a 12 GB hard drive so a partition would be good.

I hope the problem finally did go. I see your other thread about a
failure to boot. You should post the actual MSDOS.sys, if possible, as
requested by others, so that spelling & punctuation errors might be
seen -- for instance forward slashes used in paths instead of
backslashes. What you posted of MSDOS.sys looks odd in that certain
lines do not show up as possibilities in...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=118579
Contents of the Windows Msdos.sys File

Specifically, the following lines are mysterious to me...

DISABLELOG=0
SYSTEMREG=1
DELSPACE=1

"DBLSpace" is legit, though, if that's what you meant. Maybe put a
semi-colon in front of those lines to disable them. But I'm not sure
they actually harm anything. And it's possible these are variables
getting set that some 3rd-party software means to read -- but I never
heard of it -- but maybe.

Here is how to Edit MSDOS.sys in DOS. (If you have a Winboot.ini, it
will override MSDOS.sys, though. So, check for that too. It has the same
format as the other.)...

C:\>DIR  C:\Winboot.ini  /a
Directory of C:\
File not found

C:\>DIR  C:\msdos.sys  /a
Directory of C:\
MSDOS    SYS   1,784  06-15-04  6:40p MSDOS.SYS

(1) ATTRIB  -S -H -R  C:\MSDOS.sys
      Makes MSDOS.sys writable.
(2) EDIT  C:\MSDOS.sys
     Alt-F-X-ENTER (pressed separately) will exit EDIT.
     (TAB may prove helpful to navigate buttons.)
(3) ATTRIB  +S +H +R  C:\MSDOS.sys
      Makes MSDOS.sys read-only.

Here is mine. If you use CVFs (Compressed Volume Files), do not include
Dblspace=0 & Drvspace=0. Do not include Network=0, if you connect to a
Network. Logo=0 suppresses the Windows logo at boot. Finally, if you are
First Edition, then use... WinVer=4.10.1998.

[Paths]
WinDir=c:\windows
WinBootDir=c:\windows
HostWinBootDrv=c

[Options]
AutoScan=1
BootMenu=1     ;Per Win98
BootMenuDelay=10
Dblspace=0       ;Per Win98
Drvspace=0       ; Secrets
DoubleBuffer=1
Logo=0
Network=0
WinVer=4.10.2222

I've snipped the filler lines, but you should leave them in. I'll jump
into that other thread with more as I think of it.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
Should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net

0
PCR

Pre Release Outlook 2010 won't filter incoming messages
I have all the rules set up correctly and when I manually filter the message things work fine. When new Facebook emails, or google emails come in, they all go into the inbox despite instructing the program to filter them into their separate mailboxes. Is this normal for a prerelease version, or should filtering work there also? http://www.dentalplans.com/clb "Jack Newhouse" <muzique@charter.net> wrote in message news:ln7um5tbufgrqhu6sasf3c6t22gj9d9h42@4ax.com... > I have all the rules set up correctly and when I manually filter the > message...

::WaitForSingleObject blocking message pump or not ?
Hi, if I have an appliaction with a window, if I call WaitForSingleObject does it block the window message pump ? "Vincent RICHOMME" <richom.v@free.fr> wrote in message news:460fb71d$0$19143$426a34cc@news.free.fr... > Hi, > > if I have an appliaction with a window, if I call WaitForSingleObject does > it block the window message pump ? Oh yes, try it: call WaitForSingleObject() and then try dragging your window. It will not move showing the message pump is stuck. -- David David Ching a �crit : > "Vincent RICHOMME" <richom.v@free.fr> ...

email deletes multiple messages at a time
When i delete an email from my inbox it is moved to the deleted items box but it also deletes the message below it. i then have to go to the deleted items box and move it back to the inbox. That sounds like a mouse problem. Are you using a wireless mouse, or the touchpad on a laptop? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "jneells" wrote in message news:DB624B45-FADC-42F6-A6FA-D21BCB22452F@microsoft.com... When i delete an email from my inbox it is moved to the deleted items box but it also deletes the message below it. i then have to go to the deleted items box...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that periodically when I try to open a message in my Inbox that the email window opens behind the Outlook window so I have to minimize Outlook to see the message. Essentially, the message window does not become the active window on top when I open a message. I found no help in the Knowledge Base, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Vicky Sandvig ...

Outlook missing messages when using Roaming Profile
I recently set up a new Windows 2003 Server and at the same time configured roaming profiles for several users on my network. 2 of my users are having problems where occasionally they will log on from a random computer on the network, download and send emails from Outlook, log off, and then log back on later only to find that the work the did in their previous session wasn't saved. This only happens with messages sent or received in Outlook, changes in Word and Excel are properly saved. All users with Roaming Profiles have their .pst file saved in their My Documents folder, and they swe...

Recycle bin sort order keeps going back to name
I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to sorting by name. At least when the system is turned off/on and sometimes even while it is running. I have the option to Remember each folder's view settings on, and as far as I can tell the other folders don't have this problem, it is only the recycle bin that keeps resetting the view by itself. On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:26:18 -0700, "kev" <replytogroup> wrote: >I sort by date, but every so often the recycle bin keeps going back to >sorting by name. At least when the system is ...

computer freeze on deleting message
System: Dell Optiplex GX270, Windows XP SP2, Office 2000 SP3, Outlook in POP3 mode. Problem: Open Outlook, try to delete messages from Inbox or any other folder - sometimes it works, and sometimes the screen goes black and I have to power off and on. No Windows blue screen, nothing in the logs, just a black screen. Tried: reinstalled XP SP2 (Dell's suggestion), ran Office repair, ran chkdsk, virus scan, spyware scan. Computer passes all tests on Dell diagnostic CD - no memory or HD errors. Created new Outlook account with different user and it happens there, too. Any other sugges...

Error message opening Outlook after removing Panda antivirus
I am using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP Pro. I used to run Panda antivirus on my pc but have switched to Norton now that Panda has expired. I had config Panda to scan mails whenever Outlook opens. However now that Panda had been removed, I always get an error message to the effect that Panda cannot be found. How can I get rid of this association to avoid having this annoying message evrytime I open Outlook? Thanks. You may have to manually remove Panda from your add-in manager. Go to Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Add- in Manager/ and then make sure that if Panda is listed ...

Sort SOP Picking Ticket by Item Class then Bin Number
I'm trying to sort the SOP Picking Ticket first by Item Class then Bin Number but I'm having trouble. When I add the Item Master table and add Item Class to the Sort window, it prints every item on a separate page. Does anyone have any suggestion? ...

Why does it alwaysdisplay these error messages?
Hello all: I create a diglog using vc,and then insert a dialog.then select ClassWizard,and create a new class, and I do that:write CAbc in Name,select CDialog in Base class,and press OK,but it always display: Unable to open the files(abc.h,abc.cpp) for class "CAbc", I want to know what error in my steps.I find the new class is created just now. (I create a new class derive dialog before,it never display these error messages) thanks you very much. This appears to be a bug in VS6. What you need to do is delete the .clw file and rebuild it. I get this several times a week. joe...

Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on Sender/Receiver side or both?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0131_01C4F8A9.20513190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does the 'Expires After' message option require Microsoft Exchange on = the=20 sender side, receiver side, or both? Thanks for the answer. Eriq ------=_NextPart_000_0131_01C4F8A9.20513190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <...

undeliverable messages
Outlook 2002 returns message from System Administrator telling me that my email addressee could not be reached: Message reads: 553 sorry, that domain isn't on my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) How do I correct this error? Did I configure my outlook improperly? Any help would be appreciated. You might have mistyped the email address or the receiver's address is blocked by your ISP. Have the recipient email you and reply by clicking on Reply button and see if it goes through. Note his email address and check for mistakes in your Contacts. >-----Original Message----- &...

Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages
Hi there! We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet - but no Internet messages are received. Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it: Domain is "pleni.com.br", Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15. The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay ...

Using message to create an address list
I have sent an email to 100 people and 25 of them have replied to say they're interested in whatever it is. So I have a folder in Outlook with all their replies in it. I want to send a message to all of them. How do I get their addresses in to a list or create a mail message with all their addresses in it? Diane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have sent an email to 100 people and 25 of them have > replied to say they're interested in whatever it is. So > I have a folder in Outlook with all their replies in it. > I want to send a message to ...

Sending reply or forwarded message in outlook 2007
Hi In my outlook 2007 some emails, if I click reply or forward and type the message, a crossed line coming in the middle of fonts. how can I solve this issue. "momoit" <momoit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11550EC9-F13E-4D00-859D-6949DC31D754@microsoft.com... > Hi > In my outlook 2007 some emails, if I click reply or forward and type the > message, a crossed line coming in the middle of fonts. how can I solve > this > issue. Hi there, It's possible you have strikeout effect enabled for your reply/forward font. Try this: 1) Open To...

Can you share message folders that are not in the Inbox
We are in the process of moving from Groupwise to Outlook 2003 and I am a little confused when its comes to sharing folders. It seems if you want to share a folder you need to share all the levels above it as well. That works ok. But what I want to do is add a folder that is not part of the Inbox. I share it but when I try to add it to the other mailbox by right clicking on the users mailbox, selecting open other folder, other users folder, available in the drop down list is "Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, Task". How can I add my folder if its not in the list as its not ...

how to backup outlook messages
I am trying to help a friend save his outlook messages to a flash (thumb) drive. (To make this more difficult, we are separated by several hundred miles.) His mail agent appears to be X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138 He thinks his messages are somewhere below C:\Documents and Settings\owner\local but he cannot access local. Q1:Should I tell him how to change permissions? Q2:Is that where his messages are located? Q3:Maybe he should use Microsoft backup? Does Microsoft backup have control fine enough to specify messages? Charles <user@domain.invalid&g...

Creating a searchable 'digest' of over 300 messages
Hi all. Hope you can help. I have over 300 messages stored in an outlook folder. They contain approx 400,000 words. I would like to create a 'word searchable' digest of all messages. I would also like to order them by choice such as by thread, date, recipient, etc. In a way, importing them into an excel or access database format would work. Anyone know if this can be done? Thanks in advance. Howard. -- Pontins History E-Mail: usenet@pontinshistory.co.uk Please visit www.pontinshistory.co.uk Skype ID (instant messaging and video calls): howie10 "Howie" <to.reply.pls....

Recycle Bin Restoring
I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to restore, but I don't want to have to then go find them in their original locations, all over the hard drive. And, in some cases, the original location no longer exists. Is it possible to restore a file that's in the Recycle Bin to a location other than it's original location? Thanks. "Boris" <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:Xns9D3B7EA9E30CCnospamnospaminvalid@188.40.43.213... > I've got a lot (100s) of files in the Recycle Bin that I'd like to ...

Outlook VERY SLOW when opening messages
In my company LAN there is an Exchange 2000 server withsome Windows2000 Pro and Outlook 2000 clients. Some of them have an issue with extreme slow e-mail messages opening. The message preview is perfect, really fast; when they try to open the message double clicking on it it lasts 3-5 seconds before the message window opens. Outlook is even slow when opening the program, about 2-3 seconds while in other clients it takes just 1 second. How can I solve this issue (and don't have my pals dont' complaying anymore about it )? Please help me! Mauro We have a similar problem where I wor...

Where do my CWnd message go?
Where does my CWnd message go? When I click the scrollbar, in the overwritten OnVScroll I call a method putting a command in the queue of my worker thread. My worker thread executes the command and post a message on a hidden window created in the GUI thread. But the message never arrives. Where does it go? This works perfectly if I click a button in the toolbar, then a command is put in the queue of the worker thread which execute the command and post a message back on the hidden window when it is finished. The hidden window is created in a class derived from CWnd. The messages re...

Messages not getting to certain domain
We have GFI Mail Essentials running on Exchange 2003. We allow our Exchange 5.5 server to relay to the EK23 server. Since putting this configuration in place, we have messages getting stuck on the queue and eventually the sender receives a Delivery Status Notification (delay) message back. Within the message it states the following: smtp; 451 4.1.8 Possibly forged hostname for (outside email address). It also shows the reporting MTA as it looks in AD, however, I believe what it is looking for is servername.domainname. What do I need to do to correct this situation? Thanks in adva...

Email as message
Hi there, I need to send out a newsletter for my work that includes hyperlinks. Emailing as an attachment is not an option I need. I've tried grouping all images and pasting into the content of a new email but then the hyperlinks don't work. I've also noticed that the graphics come out blurry. My problem is Publisher won't let me "Send this page as message" because it's not in my "File" menu. When I try to add it to the "File" menu (or any tool bar for that matter) using the Tools/Customize drag and drop of icons it will drag the ic...

Deleting message from inbox and sending messages
I am having trouble deleting messages from my inbox. I press delete button and nothing happens. I am also having toruble sending messages. When I send it says error. When I close the outlook express a box comes up and ask if you would like to send messages in you outbox now. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Is the e-mail highlighted in grey or blue? If grey then the window isn't selected and nothing will happen if blue then you have a problem Peter Scott "Bud" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Message Receiving
Can't receive messages to my inbox during the night, but they do go to my virgin account folder. "Kevin Watson" <KevinWatson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0AD777A-1D1C-4739-86EB-6585B0869722@microsoft.com... > Can't receive messages to my inbox during the night, but they do go to my > virgin account folder. Not enough information provided, please elaborate. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx It fails...