Any help is appreciated.

0
AAH
5/20/2010 12:10:53 PM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Win98SE have no rbxxx.cab by that name
There is::
Base # cab
Catalog #.cab
chl99 .cab
Driver# .cab
mini .cab
Net #.cab
Precopy #.cab
Win98_ #.cab

No Rd xxx.cab
So give the right name so we can give you the right Info to help you!
..

"AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
> during the bootup process?
> Any help is appreciated.

0
Hot
5/20/2010 12:53:24 PM
I am talking about the registry file auto
created during the boot process.
You are talking different thing.
Those are not created during the
boot process?

rb000.cab
rb001.cab
rb002.cab
rb003.cab
rb004.cab an so on
rbxxx.cab means rb???.cab
xxx and ??? mean serial numbers
automatically allocated by the
Win startup process.

"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Win98SE have no rbxxx.cab by that name
There is::
Base # cab
Catalog #.cab
chl99 .cab
Driver# .cab
mini .cab
Net #.cab
Precopy #.cab
Win98_ #.cab

No Rd xxx.cab
So give the right name so we can give you the right Info to help you!
..

"AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
> during the bootup process?
> Any help is appreciated.

0
AAH
5/20/2010 1:12:31 PM
O  you need  registry backups
C:\windows\sysbckup

like
rbbad.cab
rb001.cab
rb002.cab
rb003.cab
rb004.cab
rb005.cab

Click Start
go to Programs
go to Accessories
go to System Tool
Click on System Information

when in Microsoft System Information
Click on Tools
go to Registry Checker and click on it

Windows Registry Checker
Scanning System Registry

No errors found.
The System Registry has not been backed up today
Would you like to back up the registry now?
Click OK

Windows Registry Checker
backed up System Registry

Backup complete
click OK

Now to make it  run during the boot up process
have have to sat it up with::::

Task Scheduler

> Win98SE have no rbxxx.cab by that name
> There is::
> Base # cab
> Catalog #.cab
> chl99 .cab
> Driver# .cab
> mini .cab
> Net #.cab
> Precopy #.cab
> Win98_ #.cab
>
> No Rd xxx.cab
> So give the right name so we can give you the right Info to help you!
> .
>
> "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
>> during the bootup process?
>> Any help is appreciated.

0
Hot
What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed ___?

it)?

AAH wrote:
> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
> during the bootup process?
> Any help is appreciated.

0
PA
5/20/2010 3:39:41 PM
> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
> during the bootup process?
> Any help is appreciated.

Click Starat> Run, type the following and click OK:

msconfig

Click the Startup tab.

Look for an entry called ScanRegistry, with a command line that should
read:

C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

(assuming your system is installed to C:\Windows)

If it is listed but not checkmarked, checkmark it and click OK to enable
it.

If it is not listed at all, click Cancel.

You will have to create the entry in the Registry.

Start the Registry Editor (Start> Run> regedit)

Navigate to this key in the left pane:

Select the Run key in the left pane, right-click in the right pane,
click New > String Value

Name the string value:  ScanRegistry

Double-click the ScanRegistry value, and put this in for the data, then
click OK:
C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

(Again, this assumes C:\Windows is the location of your system...adjust
if needed)

Close regedit.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
5/20/2010 3:58:51 PM
glee
Thank very much for the dead spot
rferences. That is what is needed to
auto create these files.
Thanks once again.

"AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
> during the bootup process?
> Any help is appreciated.

Click Starat> Run, type the following and click OK:

msconfig

Click the Startup tab.

Look for an entry called ScanRegistry, with a command line that should
read:

C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

(assuming your system is installed to C:\Windows)

If it is listed but not checkmarked, checkmark it and click OK to enable
it.

If it is not listed at all, click Cancel.

You will have to create the entry in the Registry.

Start the Registry Editor (Start> Run> regedit)

Navigate to this key in the left pane:

Select the Run key in the left pane, right-click in the right pane,
click New > String Value

Name the string value:  ScanRegistry

Double-click the ScanRegistry value, and put this in for the data, then
click OK:
C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun

(Again, this assumes C:\Windows is the location of your system...adjust
if needed)

Close regedit.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
AAH
5/20/2010 4:47:29 PM
YW.
--

> glee
> Thank very much for the dead spot
> rferences. That is what is needed to
> auto create these files.
> Thanks once again.

> "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>> Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file
>> during the bootup process?
>> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Click Starat> Run, type the following and click OK:
>
> msconfig
>
> Click the Startup tab.
>
> Look for an entry called ScanRegistry, with a command line that should
> read:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
>
> (assuming your system is installed to C:\Windows)
>
> If it is listed but not checkmarked, checkmark it and click OK to
> enable
> it.
>
> If it is not listed at all, click Cancel.
>
> You will have to create the entry in the Registry.
>
> Start the Registry Editor (Start> Run> regedit)
>
> Navigate to this key in the left pane:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> Select the Run key in the left pane, right-click in the right pane,
> click New > String Value
>
> Name the string value:  ScanRegistry
>
> Double-click the ScanRegistry value, and put this in for the data,
> then
> click OK:
> C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
>
> (Again, this assumes C:\Windows is the location of your
> system...adjust
> if needed)
>
> Close regedit.
>
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+
> http://dts-l.net/

0
glee

CANNOT OPEN a publisher 2000 FILE in Publisher 2002 or 2003
I am very frustrated by the fact that I cannot open one of my file created in Publisher 2000 using my Publisher 2002 or 2003 versions. The file is converted by Publisher 2003 up to about 74% and then an error message comes up asking that I report the error message to Microsft - which I did. There is nothing wrong with the file as this because a problem only after I purchased the new versions. This is a very important document for me as I invested a lot of time creating it. Please advise as to how this could be fixed. Thanks! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a messa...

Tool to go through all .cs files and change specific calls
Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually. Infinite thanks in advance, --M On 22-03-2010 20:21, Mike wrote: > Hi! Is there a tool out there to go through entire code base and change all > calls to a specific component to another component ? The code base is > somewhat large and it would take me 2 weeks to do it manually. IDE refactor capabilities are not sufficient? Arne > >Hi! Is there a to...

Cannot move file after downloading from Outlook
Hi all: I have a problem which I think comes from outlook and the wa it handles downloaded files. This is the situation: I get a word attachment and I save it on my hard drive. While outlook is open it will not let me move the downloaded file to another directory. Even if I close outlook the file is still locked (Is Outlook notorious for not picking up after itself after closing?). I have to restart the computer in order to get the file released. This happens on and off, but it always happens with downloaded attached files from outllok. I heard soemone saying that it may have something to do w...

How to get shortcuts file(*.LNK) to application(*.EXE) files only?
I use Visual C++ 4.2. I am developing an application which will collect all shortcuts file name ONLY without the extension into a text file. So if the path is : C:\Windows\ABC.lnk the the application will only take ABC. There is an exception of: VALID shortcut files which going to be collected are ALL shortcut files(*.lnk) to an application(*.exe) ONLY, NOT shortcut files to FOLDERS / other files. I have successful in collecting all *.lnk files thus creating the text file which contain the shortcuts names but they also include shortcut to FOLDER and other files, I haven't filte...

Write from one file to a specific line of another
I need to make Excel read a value from a specific cell (A3 for instance) in a specific file (Input file), read a group of cells on that file (for instance D5:G5) and write them in a specific row (that corresponds to the value in cell A3) on a different file (Database). It would be really helpfull if somebody could give me some help on that. Thanks in advance Savvo, Would you want to overwrite the values that are already there, or would you want to insert a blank row? Is the value in A3 a row number? Where to you want D5:G5 to go? D to G of Database? Or would you rather that the numbers j...

RESTORE FILE
I sorted information on a spreadsheet, which ruined all of my formulas, I wanted to undo the action, but the undo option was not available. I closed the file without saving, but the automatic save had already saved the file, so I when I reopened the file, it still had the unusable sorted information. How do I restore the file to a version before the previous save? Another problem is posed because the file is only saved on my company's network, not on my computer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cara Denver > save? Another problem is posed because the file is only > save...

how to undo a saved file
Does anybody know how to undo a save. I accidently saved something by the same name and now everything is gone. PLEASE help!!! Unfortunately, you'll have to go back to a prior saved version. I'm sure this has happened to all of us at one time or another. My condolescenses. "Rajesh" <Rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DC6A390-BA58-4765-A7F4-94083FFAFCEF@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to undo a save. I accidently saved > something by the same name and now everything is gone. > PLEASE help!!! ...

eps file in GUI
Hi , Can I use EPS file in a GUI developed in VC .NET? I mean i have eps file containing logo and want that to be shown in GUI. Is it possible to use eps file or I need image file only? - David. It's going to be easier if you can convert it something like a .jpg .gif or ..bmp. You could probably figure out a way to display a logo from an EPS, but it is going to be way more trouble than the corresponding BMP. You should be able to convert with any kind of graphics editor (Photoshop, JASC, PhotoImpact, etc.) Tom "David" <know_devig@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message ...

File Corruption?
I got a Microsoft Money 2005 "internal error" message, which shuts down the program every time I tried to generate the "Tax-related transaction" report and started shutting down when I accessed "Help" (program, including "help" and other reports had been working fine). MS support said it was a program file problem and to reinstall or upgrade to Money 2006 (at my suggestion as I was considering it anyway). I upgraded to 2006 nd continue to experience the same problem with the tax-related transaction and other reports. MS support now says that it ...

RBXXX.CAB Files
Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file during the bootup process? Any help is appreciated. Win98SE have no rbxxx.cab by that name There is:: Base # cab Catalog #.cab chl99 .cab Driver# .cab mini .cab Net #.cab Precopy #.cab Win98_ #.cab No Rd xxx.cab So give the right name so we can give you the right Info to help you! .. "AAH" <aah@chakcomnet.net> wrote in message news:e6M6mWB#KHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Win98SE is not creating rbxxx.cab file > during the bootup process? > Any help is appreciated. > > I am talking about ...

Outlook could not create the work file.
Hi, I have just upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and have a problem with Outlook. The programme loads, but twice comes up with the message - Outlook could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable. When I try to delete an email the system hangs and I have to shut down. Can you advise a solution? Regards, Answered in the outlook.installation newsgroup. Next time; do not multipost but crosspost instead. This way a single discussion doesn't get split up into multiple ones. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

File not saved in Excel 2K
Client continuously receiving "file not saved" erros.. anyone know how to correct this error? I have seen it before, but not been able to correct it.. any help is GREATLY appreciated. Hi Jazz! Where are you saving to? Always work from and to a file on your hard drive rather than from and to floppy disc. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. I am working a helpdesk. I have a client who is using Office 2K on XP platform. She has had the...

SORTING A FILE XML
Hi, is it possible to sort a XML file without using a XSLT or XSL file?? For example, my XML is: <A> <1> <3> <4> <2> </A> <C> <2> <1> </C> <B> <3> <2> <1> </B> The result of the sorting method should by: <A> <1> <2> <3> <4> </A> <B> <1> <2> <3> </B> <C> <1> <2> </C> Can anyone help me ? Thanks Siu wrote: > is it possible to sort a XML file...

Sharepoint 2007
Hello, Been searching for 3 hours and getting no where - some what of a newbe.. What am I trying to do ? On Sharepoint 2007 Wish to access Excel files stored on a file server using UNC paths - simple or so I thought... have set up trusted file location eg file:\\fileserver1\files type UNC trust children =Yes Then I go to a PC - access the web site - edit Excel web component go to browse a workbook location type file:\\fileserver1\files in the URL press the arrow icon "Cannot find this location in the current site collection" When I try the "...

Creating PST files on remote file server
We are currently running Citrix MetaFrame XPe on Win2K Adv. servers and Office XP Suite. We utilize roaming profiles and locally cached profiles. We would like to have the PST files get created on the home directory share instead of the local C drive on the MetaFrame servers. Is there a way to configure this so that the users won't have to do anything? Thanks for any assistance. Michael Keen ...

SKU011.CAB?
I miss the installationsfil SKU011.CAB. How do I get it again..?? Hi this should be on the original CDs. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LLH" <LLH@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0F95126C-ABB9-4CBB-A1DF-82CE9FD690FC@microsoft.com... > I miss the installationsfil SKU011.CAB. How do I get it again..?? Have a read here at this KB article. "Installation Error: A required installation file SKU011.CAB could not be found" error message when you try to update Office 2003 programs from Office Update Web site http://support.microsoft....

saving publisher file to PDF file format
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house >-----Original Message----- >after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send >by email to a publishing house After creating a monthly newsletter in Publisher 2003, I save the file in an easy to find location on my hard drive, then, go to "www.adobe.com" and choose "create a .pdf File" from their home page. This gives you the opportunity to create up to 6 pdf's in a free trial, or to subscribe to one of their "un...

Can't Open Hyperlink Word files or Save them if File is too Nested. Why
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I have the most current update for Office (have had it for quite a while). Recently I am experiencing two issues (may be related). On certain files which are nested pretty deep - maybe about 5 folders in (folder within folder with folder, etc.), if I open a file and work on it - when I save, Word Crashes. I have explored this issue and tried many, many fixes. None worked. I then found if I moved the file up a few folder levels, the problem did not continue. I also recently had this issue when I would Hyperlink a...

Money 2001 Crash, file verify on restart fails/locks
On reading the unnofficial FAQs for the newsgroup through a websearch for a solution to my problem, it sounds like I may have no hope, but didn't address my specific problem so I thought I'd see if anyone had a clue as to what I should do. Upon opening M2001 last night, it crashed and said (I believe) msmoney.exe must shut down as it experienced a fatal error (I was only trying to open the program) it has done it a few times before, but upon reopening the program it will open my money file and work fine. This time, when I reopened it told me that I had not properly closed the file th...

Unable to open .DOC file. FILE DOWNLOAD box appears
Got a new pc a few months back with Vista home premium. Transferred files from old pc, was able to open old documents ok. But now when I try to open any .doc file (including those recently created from email attachments) I get the "file download" box and when I click "open" the box just pops back up again. Can open files created with Works and other programs ok. (Sometimes when I am doing this I get the "Windows Explorer wants to close" message.) I have the disc to upgrade to Windows 7 which I assume will fix the problem. Any suggestions for a quick ...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Recovering a file in Word 2007
I have been composing a blog entry on my new HP Mini computer. I worked several days on the document and several hours yesterday. I physically saved (pressed the save button) when I finished working on it yesterday. This morning I only have the material I wrote on the 13^th ..nothing is left from yesterday.! I'm using a trial version of MS Word 2007 and I have MS XP Opsys.. Any hints on recovering it? I've tried the typical search function and only get the old doc. LP -- lfpevec ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lfpevec'...

Excel file association slow on opening worksheets
Hi, One of my client's PCs has this problem. If Excel is opened first and a saved worksheet is opened, it opens fast, But, if the file (.xls) is opened from explorer (or a shortcut), then Excel takes about two minutes to open and then the document is there. I've reset the file association, with no effect. Anyone any ideas ? Regards, Brian Google finds: http://www.mcse.ms/message2515857.html Slow opening Excel files through explorer http://www.mcse.ms/message1229458.html Slow Opening Files, Explorer Slow, Context click slow FIXED!!! ...

Duplicate file opening
Everytime I try to open my spreadsheet, it opens 2 files. one with the file name :1 at the end, and the other with :2 The second file is scaled all to fit page, and is therefore about 50% of actual size. The second file looks normal. When I close either file, they both close. My spreadsheet has a print macro, but even deleting this and/or disabling macros and renaming the file makes no difference. This also happens when I open this file on other machines. Can anyone help? Open the workbook press ctrl + F4 to close one window, save the workbook. You opened an extra window (window>new w...

displaying the file extension when attaching .msg files
Hi, I have a problem with Outlook 2003. When attaching a document to an email (i.e. a doc file ), the whole extension is shown in the top line of the mail ("docname.doc"). This works with all kind of dokcuments except a .msg file. Attaching a .msg file only the document name ist shown in the top of mail (only "fielename"). When trying this out by using Outlook Express (6), there the extension is put behind the mailname completely. You may think, that this is unimportant but for me this is vitally important. Because I can import files from a email message to a document lib...