Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)

Some websites now require that you have Flash version 10 instead of
version 9.

Flash 10 won't install on win-98 unless you have installed a third-party
API helper like KernelEx.

However, a simple modification done to the main Flash DLL (NPSWF32.dll)
will make it appear that you have flash 10 when you really have flash 9.

The modified file is available here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NPSWF32.ZIP

The password to unzip that file is "a" (no quotes).

After you unzip it, rename it to NPSWF32.dll.

Copy it over-top your existing file with the same name.  It should be
located here:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\FLASH

Before you do that, you should first update your windows 98 or ME system
to the latest flash version 9, which can be done here:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/current/9/install_flash_player_9.exe

Note:  This is the download link for the Netscape version of the Flash
player, not the IE version.

This is the download link for flash version 9.0.277.0.  The modified DLL
mentioned above is based on this version of flash.  It's internal
version number has been changed to 10.0.45.2.

This modification has been tested using firefox version 2.0.0.20 on
websites such as google street view and youtube and it works perfectly.

Google streetview no longer works unless you have flash 10, regardless
what your browser is.  This is one way to correct the problem.
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"98 Guy" wrote

> Some websites now require that you have Flash version 10 instead of
> version 9.
>
> Flash 10 won't install on win-98 unless you have installed a third-party
> API helper like KernelEx.
>
> However, a simple modification done to the main Flash DLL (NPSWF32.dll)
> will make it appear that you have flash 10 when you really have flash 9.
>
> The modified file is available here:

> http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NPSWF32.ZIP
>
> The password to unzip that file is "a" (no quotes).
>
> After you unzip it, rename it to NPSWF32.dll.
>
> Copy it over-top your existing file with the same name.  It should be
> located here:

I changed the original one to NPSWF32.old, then moved the new one
into the folder. You know... just in case.

> This is the download link for flash version 9.0.277.0.  The modified DLL
> mentioned above is based on this version of flash.  It's internal
> version number has been changed to 10.0.45.2.

I only had 9.0.260.0, but nothing seems to be complaining yet.

> This modification has been tested using firefox version 2.0.0.20 on
> websites such as google street view and youtube and it works perfectly.

That's what I've got.

> Google streetview no longer works unless you have flash 10, regardless
> what your browser is.  This is one way to correct the problem.

I didn't even notice (haven't "viewed" in a few days).
Works fine now. Thanks!

0
MasterBlaster
6/24/2010 5:16:48 AM
Didn't have any luck with opening this site
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540

Anybody get it working with the altered flash file?

---

I -DID- get it working with KERNELEX and the real v10.045 flash file

0
none
6/24/2010 1:45:08 PM
How about the links to the websites now require that you have Flash version
10?

And say I have Shockwave Swlnit 11.0r458 on win98
And I do not need  version 10 Flash
Pulse I like the Win98 Look of  Flash 9

Now if you go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

it will say: For Win98
Install Adobe Flash Player
1.43 MB
Adobe Flash Player version 9.0.277.0
Windows, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, Aol

Now it will say: For WinXP
Install Adobe Flash Player
2.45 MB
Adobe Flash Player version 10.1
Windows, Firefox, Safari, Opera

See no Mozilla, Netscape, Aol on version 10.1
For some OP are running AOL on Win98..

"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C22BE75.532D2C01@Guy.com...
> Some websites now require that you have Flash version 10 instead of
> version 9.
>
> Flash 10 won't install on win-98 unless you have installed a third-party
> API helper like KernelEx.
>
> However, a simple modification done to the main Flash DLL (NPSWF32.dll)
> will make it appear that you have flash 10 when you really have flash 9.
>
> The modified file is available here:
>
> http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NPSWF32.ZIP
>
> The password to unzip that file is "a" (no quotes).
>
> After you unzip it, rename it to NPSWF32.dll.
>
> Copy it over-top your existing file with the same name.  It should be
> located here:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\FLASH
>
> Before you do that, you should first update your windows 98 or ME system
> to the latest flash version 9, which can be done here:
>
> http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/installers/current/9/install_flash_player_9.exe
>
> Note:  This is the download link for the Netscape version of the Flash
> player, not the IE version.
>
> This is the download link for flash version 9.0.277.0.  The modified DLL
> mentioned above is based on this version of flash.  It's internal
> version number has been changed to 10.0.45.2.
>
> This modification has been tested using firefox version 2.0.0.20 on
> websites such as google street view and youtube and it works perfectly.
>
> Google streetview no longer works unless you have flash 10, regardless
> what your browser is.  This is one way to correct the problem.

0
Hot
6/24/2010 3:57:00 PM
Adobe Flash Player 9
An ActionScript error has occurred:
   VerifyError: Error #1033 Cpool entry 27 is wrong type.

Dismiss All  Continue
Click Dismiss All    Always

So you did with KERNELEX
Who KERNELEX ?

About this project:
This is the KernelEx project ("kernelex")

This project was registered on SourceForge.net on Mar 1, 2009, and is
described by the project team as follows:

KernelEx is an Open Source compatibility layer with an aim to allow running
Windows 2000/XP-only applications on Microsoft Windows 98 and Microsoft
Windows Millennium operating systems.

http://kernelex.sourceforge.net/

"none" <nospam@bogusaddress.com> wrote in message
> Didn't have any luck with opening this site
> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540
>
> Anybody get it working with the altered flash file?
>
> ---
>
> I -DID- get it working with KERNELEX and the real v10.045 flash file

0
Hot
6/24/2010 7:39:03 PM
fantastic info 98 guy, I also run my office of 8 win98se machines and
you have saved me many hours and bucks. Thanks very much.

--
recovery
recovery's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/237337.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
recovery
6/27/2010 1:06:44 AM
recovery wrote:

> fantastic info 98 guy, I also run my office of 8 win98se machines
> and you have saved me many hours and bucks. Thanks very much.

No problem.

Just one thing.  I don't think the modified flash DLL will work with any
video on msnbc.com, and probably others that are as of yet to be
discovered.

This is just an interim solution when it comes to flash.  The better
solution is to install the KernelEx compatibility layer.  This will
allow win-98 systems to run a wide variety of XP-only software, such as
firefox 3, flash 10, google earth, etc.

a way to amplify the recordings i make
Is it possible to make the volume of the recordings louder? I know i can output the recordings and amplify it as much as i want using an external 3rd party program, the question is will it be synced with my writings during the recording ? (assuming it was synced before the editing...). If not, is it possible to amplify it at the same time it records somehow? except from defining it in windows because i already did so... The reason I ask is because my lecture recordings are quite quiet and i can barely hear what was said, using an external usb microphone... matan ofer wrote...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Different folder of exe and dll
Hi, I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same folder of the .exe. I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll exists. How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it with the desired dll path?? Yoav. [Yoavo] > I have an .exe file which uses a .dll that is not located in the same > folder of the .exe. > I do not want to add to the search path the directory where the .dll > exists. > How can I do it ? Manifest ? How should i create Manifest and update it > with the desired dll path?? You m...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

Error with syntax using FORM.FILTER with Like and Or
This works correctly: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True This doesn't work: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True I get a Type Mismatch error when on this second section. ...

CRM 1.2...What kinds of language is available ???
Hey, I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... but don't know what languages are included.... so please, let me know what languages are included!!! Thanks!!! Here you go: U.S. English International English German French Italian Spanish Dutch Danish Brazilian Portuguese Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. San Francisco, CA >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hey, >I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... >but don't know what languages are included.... > >so please, let me know...

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

Trying to link a resource dll
Hi, I have modified something in my visual project solution and now everytime I want to compile one of my dll, visual tries to link with its resource dll. cannot open input file '..\..\..\..\..\cbl\windows mobile 6 professional sdk (armv4i)\debug\TestRes.lib' and it comes from the fact I get a dependency in my solution between my two projets. How can I fix this ? Have you tried just deleting the dependency from the solution list? Also, check your list of libs that get included, could be you mispelled something. What did you modify in your project that caused this to happen? ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Access 2000 10-25-04
Please Help While attempting to set up a database on access 2000, I accidentally changed every excel file I had on my desktop to an access file. These desktop files held all of my business records for the year. They are totally useless to me. I can't even see information on them. I am desperate to change them back to their old excel selves. I seem to be missing the programming necessary to do so. Or perhaps just the intelligence! Please help in laymans terms. Thank you, Sue Sue, Wild guess, but did you just change the file extensions from .xls to .mdb, so neither Excel nor A...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

Can I make a worksheet protected, locked AND not viewable?
-- Mike @ Contractors "MBozeman" <Contractor@elmore.rr.com> wrote in message news:7BC19572-9200-4982-B9FA-7671F5EA80BD@microsoft.com... > > -- > Mike @ Contractors Use a password? V You can make them veryhidden through VBA and user will not be able to unhide them by going to Format>Sheet>Unhide. Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = xlVeryHidden But user may figure out a way to unhide them Sheets("Sheet1").Visible = True Excel's internal security is very weak and difficult to lock down everything completely. My...

gdiplus.dll error signature
I was forced to install new version of live messenger when i was using 8.5 I downloaded the installer from download.live.com, during the installation, it always prompt ERROR SIGNATURE of gdiplus.dll (both 5.2.6601.22319 and 5.2.6002.22165 also said error signature) So i cannot not use the old version nor install the new version. I tried to reintall XP SP3 and still cannot solve. What should I do ? Thanks Error Message: AppName: wlsetup-web.exe AppVer: 14.0.8089.726 ModName: gdiplus.dll ModVer: 5.2.6002.22165 Greetings Aqua, Can you provide the exact error (no ne...

How to make a Case field required only when choosing to Resolve ca
I've added a couple custom fields to the Case form which have to do with the resolution of the case. If I make these fields "Business Required", the user is forced to fill them out when creating a case. But these entries have to do with the final resolution to the case - and the user isn't going to know the answer to those questions until the case really is resolved. How would I make entries in these fields required when the user tries to do "Actions/Resolve Case"? It appears that a better place for these would be on the "Resolve Case -- Web Page Dialo...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

Outlook2003 - open running, but error pops every 10 sec
One PC, Win2K using Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange. Open Outlook, runs fine then error msg "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again." "OK" If I click ok message goes away, I can read, send and receive fine. About 10 seconds and message pops up again. D ...

Sudden decrease in available virtual address space
After running for approximately 12 hours the available virtual address space of our application decreases by 128MB. We are printing this value by calling GlobalMemoryStatus every 30 seconds. We hooked the following functions in our process and all modules in it: VirtualAlloc, GlobalAlloc, HeapAlloc, LocalAlloc, GlobalReAlloc, LocalReAlloc, HeapCreate, HeapReAlloc and VirtualAllocEx. We didn't find any allocation of this size. Our total virtual address space is 3GB and we are continuesly writing to disk and allocating and dealocating memory. All the memory that we allocate we also fre...

Recipient Policy #10
Hi, can anyone explain why my recipient policy does not run automatically and i have to enforce it before proxy addresses are updated? Thanks How long are you waiting? Are you aware of any AD replication issues? Try changing your RUS configuration to point to a different GC and Exchange server and restart system attendant. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Bankie wrote: > Hi, > can anyone explain why my recipient policy does not run automatically and i > have to enforce it before proxy addresses are updated? > > Thanks ...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Directional keys act like page up or page down
In all my spreadsheets, my arrow keys don't tab over to the next cell - it's like I'm pressing page up or page down, instead of over... Any ideas? ...

error message 0x800ccc0d and regsur32 mshtml.dll
Can anyone help please, when I try to send an email from outlook express I get an error message 0x800ccc0d, which states it can't find the server. I've double checked the outgoing and incoming addresses and they seem to be fine, I've looked at various aspects of the help pages and it seems I also have a problem with regsur32 mshtml.dll, "this is identified but the Dll register server could not be found and therfore cant be registerd". Also, shdocvw.dll, the problem with this is that the "lodaed library failed, specified module could not be found". to ...

Looking up a partial filename
Hi all, I'm trying to set up a macro that grabs data from a secondar spreadsheet. Unfortunately this spreadsheet changes the last 2 digit of it's name each day. Is there a simple way to only search for, say, the first 4 letters of filename? The file is called, 'Perf Anaysis 49' or 'Perf Analysis 50' etc. Your help would be great Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Japper, You could loop through the worksheets collection comparing the n left-most characters against the known name part until you find a match. Will work as long as there are two...

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Extra copy of MS Money Plus Deluxe available 06-16-10
This is a FULL version and will allow you to continue to download from your financial institutions until Microsoft ends the service in January 2011. Knowing that Microsoft was going to stop selling Money I bought 2 copies for my 2 computers. I had forgotten that you can install one copy on 2 different computers so I find myself with an unused copy. I paid $39.99 and am going to post it on eBay but figured I'd list it here first as a number of people have said their copy was expiring. If you're interested please contact me (garbanzo99 at gmail dot com). I have the unus...

SE:49999 09-10-07
i cant open my conquer program.. send me an answer or solution to open it again.. thanks and more power! On Sep 10, 9:42 am, "danieldraze" <u37303@uwe> wrote: > i cant open my conquer program.. send me an answer or solution to open it > again.. > > thanks and more power! sian i oso face the sameproblem เฮ้ "danieldraze" <u37303@uwe> เขียนเป็นข้อความ news:77fc615e48baa@uwe... > i cant open my conquer program.. send me an answer or solution to open it > again.. > > > thanks and more power! > oi como vai <twm_volleyball@...