Microsoft will be disabling all Windows prior to Vista

On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
from ALL computers worldwide, if the operating system was created
prior to Windows Vista. This includes anyone using Windows 3.x, Win95,
Win98, WinME, and Windows XP.  It includes all original or upgraded
versions, such as XP or XP-SP3.  If you are using any of these
operating systems, they will be disabled on your computer on this
date.  Only persons using Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be able to
continue using their computers.

When Windows is disabled, none of you personal data will be removed or
destroyed.  You simply will not be able to boot your computer to
Windows, or be able to reinstall Windows.  Microsoft said they have
struggled with this outdated software long enough, and only those
persons willing to upgrade to their newest software will be able to
continue using their computers.  Microsoft guarantees that there will
be no damage done to any computer hardware, nor any personal data.
They went on to day that as soon as people upgrade to Windows 7, their
data will remain as it was.  Only the old operating system itself will
be removed.

Microsoft also said that anyone wanting to continue using their old
operating systems, can obtain a license from Microsoft to continue
using this old software for educational and historic purposes only.
The cost of this license will be $99.99, plus a $19.99 fee for
shipping and handling.  The shipping fee will be for the CD which will
be sent to the user to reactivate their antique operating system.
This reactivation will require the user to phone Microsoft for
activation.  This fee can be paid directly to Microsoft by check,
money order, paypal, or credit card.

For those who only wish to retrieve their data, the Microsoft website
will have a free download which will allow anyone to open their hard
drives using a bootable CD, and can then copy their data to any backup
media.  For those unable to go online once their operating system is
disabled, they can purchase the CD, which will be mailed to them from
Microsoft for a flat fee of $29.99, shipping included.  Microsoft
recommends that all users back up their data prior to this date.  This
data can them be replaced as soon as they purchase Windows 7, and can
be restored to any computer.  However, the old operating system can
not be restored.

0
ballsmasher
5/26/2010 7:33:59 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

They are also going to watch you through your monitor screen, via
a special software webcam, which will be automatically installed,
and cannot be disabled.  Any attempt to interfere with the webcam
will result in a electric shock.  At each further attempt, the
voltage of the shock will increase, until finally your computer
will announce "AUTO SELF-DESTRUCT SEQUENCE ENGAGED", and it will
count down to a controlled explosion, caused by a plastic explosive
downloaded from the Internet via an unbreakable psychic connection.
Your house will be burned down; anyone living within a hundred yard
radius will be infected with a lethal virus, developed by Microsoft
scientists in their secret laboratories; and all your personal data
everywhere will be altered to show that you are a terrorist and
a convicted paedophile, and you will be deported to Pakistan and
tortured and killed.  After your death, the ground on which your
razed house once stood will be salted, and made radioactive; and
any written or electronic records anywhere showing that you ever
existed will be deleted.  Thanatoid can't wait for it to happen.
--
Angus Rodgers
0

>On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
>from ALL computers worldwide, ...

That's the date Microsoft becomes self aware.

- Franc Zabkar
Franc
5/26/2010 8:40:48 AM
Bwaa-ha-ha-ha!

ballsmasher@unlisted.com wrote:
> On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
> from ALL computers worldwide, if the operating system was created
> prior to Windows Vista. This includes anyone using Windows 3.x, Win95,
> Win98, WinME, and Windows XP.  It includes all original or upgraded
> versions, such as XP or XP-SP3.  If you are using any of these
> operating systems, they will be disabled on your computer on this
> date.  Only persons using Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be able to
> continue using their computers.
0
PA
5/26/2010 2:05:40 PM
Polonius:
[Aside] Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.

Hamlet Act 2, scene 2, 193�206

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
<ballsmasher@unlisted.com> wrote in message
> On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
> from ALL computers worldwide, if the operating system was created
> prior to Windows Vista. This includes anyone using Windows 3.x, Win95,
> Win98, WinME, and Windows XP.  It includes all original or upgraded
> versions, such as XP or XP-SP3.  If you are using any of these
> operating systems, they will be disabled on your computer on this
> date.  Only persons using Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be able to
> continue using their computers.
>
> When Windows is disabled, none of you personal data will be removed or
> destroyed.  You simply will not be able to boot your computer to
> Windows, or be able to reinstall Windows.  Microsoft said they have
> struggled with this outdated software long enough, and only those
> persons willing to upgrade to their newest software will be able to
> continue using their computers.  Microsoft guarantees that there will
> be no damage done to any computer hardware, nor any personal data.
> They went on to day that as soon as people upgrade to Windows 7, their
> data will remain as it was.  Only the old operating system itself will
> be removed.
>
> Microsoft also said that anyone wanting to continue using their old
> operating systems, can obtain a license from Microsoft to continue
> using this old software for educational and historic purposes only.
> The cost of this license will be $99.99, plus a $19.99 fee for
> shipping and handling.  The shipping fee will be for the CD which will
> be sent to the user to reactivate their antique operating system.
> This reactivation will require the user to phone Microsoft for
> activation.  This fee can be paid directly to Microsoft by check,
> money order, paypal, or credit card.
>
> For those who only wish to retrieve their data, the Microsoft website
> will have a free download which will allow anyone to open their hard
> drives using a bootable CD, and can then copy their data to any backup
> media.  For those unable to go online once their operating system is
> disabled, they can purchase the CD, which will be mailed to them from
> Microsoft for a flat fee of $29.99, shipping included.  Microsoft
> recommends that all users back up their data prior to this date.  This
> data can them be replaced as soon as they purchase Windows 7, and can
> be restored to any computer.  However, the old operating system can
> not be restored.

0
PCR
5/26/2010 10:32:45 PM
Oops - I should credit the site I got that from...!...
http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/though-madness-yet-there-method-t

--
> [...]
> > money order, paypal, or credit card.
> >
> > For those who only wish to retrieve their data, the Microsoft
website
> > will have a free download which will allow anyone to open their hard
> > drives using a bootable CD, and can then copy their data to any
backup
> > media.  For those unable to go online once their operating system is
> > disabled, they can purchase the CD, which will be mailed to them
from
> > Microsoft for a flat fee of $29.99, shipping included.  Microsoft
> > recommends that all users back up their data prior to this date.
This
> > data can them be replaced as soon as they purchase Windows 7, and
can
> > be restored to any computer.  However, the old operating system can

0
PCR
5/26/2010 10:38:02 PM
For those who only wish to retrieve their data, the Microsoft website
will have a free download which will allow anyone to open their hard
drives using a bootable CD,

LOOL if that so true Microsoft will be replacing your Old Computer  with new
one!
 Old Computer can not run   Windows Vista and Windows 7 and there
100,000,000's of they running 98 to XP!
Microsoft  would be put in jail and sue, sue city!

Lool you can here a Lie to us!

0
Hot
5/27/2010 12:22:19 PM
"Dan" wrote:

> "Franc Zabkar" wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 26 May 2010 02:33:59 -0500, ballsmasher@unlisted.com put
> > finger to keyboard and composed:
> >
> > >On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
> > >from ALL computers worldwide, ...
> >
> > That's the date Microsoft becomes self aware.
> >
> > - Franc Zabkar
> > --
> > Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
> > .
> >

> <Off-Topic Discussion>
>
> Maybe, I am one of the few that don't see Microsoft as the evil empire.  I
> am much more concerned with Sony and Apple.  I am concerned with Sony because
> of the root-kit they installed on a music cd a while back as well as their
> practices with PlayStation 3 and removing the Emotion Engine that allowed
>  most of the backwards compatibility with PS2 games so it is now software
> emulated and not hardware emulated.  Finally, Sony in their latest firmware
> update removed the ability to use the Linux operating system because of a
> vulnerability rather than just patch it.
>
> I am concerned with Apple because if you even use just Itunes you have to
> have Quicktime and Bonjour installed to have the so-called full user
> experience.  An update claims you need MobileMe with the latest Itunes but
> that is not true.  I fear Sony and Apple are spreading FUD.

Sorry, stupid laptop keyboard and it posted before I was finished.  Anyway,
Apple's pride in itself is also a concern to me and how they always think
their products are the best.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Copy_Protection

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/12909/Sony_Confirms_Discusses_PS3_Emotion_Engine_Removal.php

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Sony-Removes-Linux-from-PlayStation-3

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/opensource/?p=1554

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/an_antitrust_app_buvCWcJdjFoLD5vBSkguGO

as always use caution when opening web links

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Bwaa-ha-ha-ha!
>
> ballsmasher@unlisted.com wrote:
> > On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
> > from ALL computers worldwide, if the operating system was created
> > prior to Windows Vista. This includes anyone using Windows 3.x, Win95,
> > Win98, WinME, and Windows XP.  It includes all original or upgraded
> > versions, such as XP or XP-SP3.  If you are using any of these
> > operating systems, they will be disabled on your computer on this
> > date.  Only persons using Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be able to
> > continue using their computers.
> .

LOL!!
"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2010 02:33:59 -0500, ballsmasher@unlisted.com put
> finger to keyboard and composed:
>
> >On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
> >from ALL computers worldwide, ...
>
> That's the date Microsoft becomes self aware.
>
> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
> .

<Off-Topic Discussion>

Maybe, I am one of the few that don't see Microsoft as the evil empire.  I
am much more concerned with Sony and Apple.  I am concerned with Sony because
of the root-kit they installed on a music cd a while back as well as their
practices with PlayStation 3 and removing the Emotion Engine that allowed
most of the backwards compatibility with PS2 games so it is now software
emulated and not hardware emulated.  Finally, Sony in their latest firmware
update removed the ability to use the Linux operating system because of a
vulnerability rather than just patch it.

I am concerned with Apple because if you even use just Itunes you have to
have Quicktime and Bonjour installed to have the so-called full user
experience.  An update claims you need MobileMe with the latest Itunes but
that is not true.  I I fear Sony and Apple are spreading FUD.
Calling HAL please --- will the real HAL from A Space Odyssey 2001 please
stand up because you are needed at the Department of Homeland Security to
develop SkyNet.  Thank you for your cooperation.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Bwaa-ha-ha-ha!
>
> ballsmasher@unlisted.com wrote:
> > On June 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be disabling the operating systems
> > from ALL computers worldwide, if the operating system was created
> > prior to Windows Vista. This includes anyone using Windows 3.x, Win95,
> > Win98, WinME, and Windows XP.  It includes all original or upgraded
> > versions, such as XP or XP-SP3.  If you are using any of these
> > operating systems, they will be disabled on your computer on this
> > date.  Only persons using Windows Vista and Windows 7 will be able to
> > continue using their computers.
> .

On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:40:56 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>Maybe, I am one of the few that don't see Microsoft as the evil empire.  I
>am much more concerned with Sony and Apple.

The closest I've ever come to an iThing is my father's iPod. I'll
probably never own an Apple product.

As for Sony, I can't remember if I've ever purchased anything made by
that company. However, my brother did give me his dead Sony home
theatre amp. Sony used to have good quality, but these days they seem
to be trading on reputation.

- Franc Zabkar
Franc
5/29/2010 9:11:41 AM
Franc Zabkar wrote:

> As for Sony, I can't remember if I've ever purchased anything made by
> that company. However, my brother did give me his dead Sony home
> theatre amp. Sony used to have good quality, but these days they seem
> to be trading on reputation.

Their TVs were their mainstay, their big money maker.  Their reputation
was built on the quality of their old CRT Trinitron tubes and for years
they set the standard and others tried to catch up or keep up with them
but few if any could ever approach let alone surpass the picture quality
of these Trinitrons.  With flat panel TVs its a different story, as far
as I know they don't have any plasma models and their LCD/LED offering
are on the mediocre side, they no longer hold the "best in category"
class, they have long ago been surpassed by others and their TV sales
are hurting them.

John
0
John
5/29/2010 1:02:06 PM
Franc Zabkar <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:40:56 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and
> composed:
>
>>Maybe, I am one of the few that don't see Microsoft as the
>>evil empire.  I am much more concerned with Sony and Apple.
>
> The closest I've ever come to an iThing is my father's
> iPod. I'll probably never own an Apple product.

Same here, and no iPod's anywhere near me.

> As for Sony, I can't remember if I've ever purchased
> anything made by that company.

I've been buying Sony almost exclusively since 1970. Their
golden period [aside from the Trinitron, which I greatly miss
(my 15" monitor finally died after about 11 years of 5-10+ hrs
of daily use and they won't even fix them any more)] were the
80's. They started making some VERY suspicious garbage in this
century, and are only a shadow of their former self. Still among
the best in pro audio and video I believe, but consumer products
are to be approached with caution.

Still, the mechanical quality, layout. and logic and clarity of
their remote controls has never been matched by any other
company. /Maybe/ B&O but a good remote does not a good audio
system make. Still, B&O is proof that most wealthy people listen
with their eyes.

> However, my brother did give
> me his dead Sony home theatre amp. Sony used to have good
> quality, but these days they seem to be trading on
> reputation.

Once Mr. Morita died, things got a lot worse. And the innovative
spirit seems to have died.

--
Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas
"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:40:56 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:
>
> >Maybe, I am one of the few that don't see Microsoft as the evil empire.  I
> >am much more concerned with Sony and Apple.
>
> The closest I've ever come to an iThing is my father's iPod. I'll
> probably never own an Apple product.
>
> As for Sony, I can't remember if I've ever purchased anything made by
> that company. However, my brother did give me his dead Sony home
> theatre amp. Sony used to have good quality, but these days they seem
> to be trading on reputation.
>
> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
> .

My thoughts exactly about Sony trading on reputation and I consider them to
be okay now but certainly not great like they used to be as a company.  As
far as flat screen televisions go nowadays, Samsung and LG appear to be
popular models but are also more expensive than other flat screen tvs.  I
guess you generally get what you pay for in this day and age.  Sony tvs are
also made in China compared to Samsung tvs which are made in Mexico and LG
tvs which are made in Indonesia according to their labels.
"John John - MVP" wrote:

> Franc Zabkar wrote:
>
> > As for Sony, I can't remember if I've ever purchased anything made by
> > that company. However, my brother did give me his dead Sony home
> > theatre amp. Sony used to have good quality, but these days they seem
> > to be trading on reputation.
>
> Their TVs were their mainstay, their big money maker.  Their reputation
> was built on the quality of their old CRT Trinitron tubes and for years
> they set the standard and others tried to catch up or keep up with them
> but few if any could ever approach let alone surpass the picture quality
> of these Trinitrons.  With flat panel TVs its a different story, as far
> as I know they don't have any plasma models and their LCD/LED offering
> are on the mediocre side, they no longer hold the "best in category"
> class, they have long ago been surpassed by others and their TV sales
> are hurting them.
>
> John
> .

Very true and now Sony is having Playstation 3 shortages with the it only
does everything being replaced imo by it only does some things so we (Sony)
can make many more $$$'s.

1. Removing hardware backwards compatibility to software backwards
compatibility from PS3 hardware supporting PS2 games

2. The removal of the Linux operating system with the latest firmware update
which upsets the US Air Force because of their reliance on PS3 arrays and if
they need them fixed shipped back with latest firmware and then no using
Linux operating system.  Sony should have just patched the vulnerability.

3.  Music cds with rootkit on them in the past.

I can add web-links for all of these again but since I posted these reasons
before I now consider it general knowledge and people can search Google for
it or I can post the web-links if people doubt what I am posting.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/playstation-3-shortages-could-plague-sony-s-big-week/1394334

"thanatoid" wrote:

> Franc Zabkar <fzabkar@iinternode.on.net> wrote in
>
> > On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:40:56 -0700, Dan
> > <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and
> > composed:
> >
> >>Maybe, I am one of the few that don't see Microsoft as the
> >>evil empire.  I am much more concerned with Sony and Apple.
> >
> > The closest I've ever come to an iThing is my father's
> > iPod. I'll probably never own an Apple product.
>
> Same here, and no iPod's anywhere near me.
>
> > As for Sony, I can't remember if I've ever purchased
> > anything made by that company.
>
> I've been buying Sony almost exclusively since 1970. Their
> golden period [aside from the Trinitron, which I greatly miss
> (my 15" monitor finally died after about 11 years of 5-10+ hrs
> of daily use and they won't even fix them any more)] were the
> 80's. They started making some VERY suspicious garbage in this
> century, and are only a shadow of their former self. Still among
> the best in pro audio and video I believe, but consumer products
> are to be approached with caution.
>
> Still, the mechanical quality, layout. and logic and clarity of
> their remote controls has never been matched by any other
> company. /Maybe/ B&O but a good remote does not a good audio
> system make. Still, B&O is proof that most wealthy people listen
> with their eyes.
>
> > However, my brother did give
> > me his dead Sony home theatre amp. Sony used to have good
> > quality, but these days they seem to be trading on
> > reputation.
>
> Once Mr. Morita died, things got a lot worse. And the innovative
> spirit seems to have died.
>

> --
> Of course, it is no easy matter to be polite; in so far, I mean,
> as it requires us to show great respect for everybody, whereas
> most people deserve none at all; and again in so far as it
> demands that we should feign the most lively interest in people,
> when we must be very glad that we have nothing to do with them.
>  - Arthur Schopenhauer
> .

That is what happens when an important person dies in a company sometimes.
I actually wonder what will happen to Apple after Steve Jobs fully retires or
passes away.  I do not even know if a successor is being groomed for the post.

//WINBUG: Win32 will send a PSN_WIZBACK even if the button is disa
Does anyone have a workaround for this bug found in PropertySheet Dialog? ...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Upgrade from vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit
I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang for the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at have 64 bit vista installed. My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install. Sorry if this has been as...

Will "IF THEN" Formula accomplish this for me?
Hello, In my worksheet below, I display budget amounts for each month of the year (the "Forecast" columns) which change to Actuals (the "Actual" columns) once a month has ended and the financials are completed. My "Full Year Forecast" column (the first column) needs to add Actual amounts for the months that have closed and Forecast amounts for the months with no Actuals yet. For example, if I have Actuals through March, my "Full Year Forecast" column should be adding Actuals for January, February, and March but Forecast amounts for April throu...

Microsoft Promo

Window 2003 x64
All, We're in the process of installing great plains and we just received our window 2003 software but it came as x64 instead of the requested x86. I understand that x86 is 32 bit and x64 is 64 bit. What I'm trying to find out is there any benefit to installing 64 bit and are there any limitation or issues with applications such as with SQL Server 2005 and other. Jamal I use x64 server 2003 with x64 Sql05. One of the big advantages is additional ram that x64 can address natively. You will need to get the x64 edition of SQL to run it, though. -- Gigabyte Tech "Jam...

Why do macros disable themselves? How to reenable them?
When I open a previously-used workbook, sometimes when I begin to fil in cells, the message pops up FOR EACH CELL (very annoying!) that th macros are disabled, but all I did was reopen a used workbook!?!?! How to stop this from happening, and how to reenable macros onc they're disabled, please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi maybe you're using a user defined function (which won't work with macros disabled). To enable them close the workbook and open it again. Say 'Yes' to the question if you want to enable macros -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, ...

microsoft XL

Outlook 2003 on Windows 7
I am unable to open Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows 7. This is a new Dell PC w/ Win7 installed. If I run Outlook in XP compatability mode I receive error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened." Wierd thing is if I open Outlook from Windows Safe Mode with Networking it works fine. I have tried stopping all services except those running in safe mode and still no luck. Any ideas... please? Thanks, Steve Are you connecting to an Exchange server (used typically in businesses and universities)? "Steve Ballard" <...

OL2003
OL2003 has suddenly decided to start filtering my mail. I've made NO changes to my Outlook config, and I prefer to use Qurb as my Spam filtering. Junk E-mail filtering HAS NOT responded to changes in it's settings. I've changed to "No Automatic Filtering", but it still filters. Deleted & re-created Outlook profile. I thought I recalled seeing that I had to be using Exchange Cached Mode to use Junk E-mail filtering, and I'm not. Nevermind, another admin installed the Intelligent Message Filter on our Exchange Server without telling anyone....... F*%king ad...

I can't sent emails from windows mails
I can't send emails from any of my accounts in the windows mail but I can receive emails. The error msg is: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'unsubscribe for myhousingloan mailing list', Account: 'mail.myhousingloan.com.sg', Server: 'mail.myhousingloan.com.sg', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Socket Error: 10053, Error ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Windows 7 and Office 2007
Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7? YES. I have had no problems thus far. However, if you haven't got Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and you can download a beta version from here: <http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx> The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version should be out. hth SteveM wrote: > > Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7? "20100209" <20100209@20100209.NET> wrote in message ...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

How to disable the shortcut for context menu(right mouse clicking menu)
Hi: When creating the context menu with English Character such as - Copy - - Delete - When the menu pops, pushing the char 'C' and 'D on keyboard, the corresponding messaage handler will be called directly; So how can I disable this calling when the 'C' and 'D' chars is clicked when menu pops? Thank you! loggy ...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

Outlook 2k blocks access to attached a good file against my will
I use Outlook 2000 + SP3. Someone I know sent me a legitimate file. Outlook decided not to allow me to see the file, giving me the following information message with the opened email: "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: 102.URL." I can't find an option were I can tell Outlook not to block such file or other files. Is it conceivable that Outlook over ruled my use? Thanks I am having the same problem. Have you found a solution. I tried going to tools/options/security and deselect the option thre to block suspect attachments but the ch...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....