As this group seems to be still working, can anyone help me solve a
driver loading problem?

I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new
copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run
properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC).  I have both the
original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the
4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website.

The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the
Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel.  In addition, I don't
understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for getting drivers extracted
from the Dell and Intel .exe files and suspect that the drivers aren't,
in fact, loadable from the Dell or Intel .exe file.  Again, though, I
don't understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for extracting the
chipset drivers from their respective .exe files and getting them onto a
floppy and may be making a simple, beginner's, error.

Although W98SE seems to be working, W98SE keeps looking for me to
install some PCI drivers and shows four yellow question marks in Control
Panel's Device Manager window.

Anyway, if this query is visible to anyone, I would really appreciate
some step-by-step guidance on how to proceed or pointers to a discussion
group or other web site that might help me.  Thank you, in advance, for
any and all assistance.

0
HenriK
5/21/2010 3:30:59 PM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"HenriK" <bedpost@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> As this group seems to be still working, can anyone help me solve a
> driver loading problem?
>
> I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new
> copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run
> properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC).  I have both the
> original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the
> 4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website.
>
> The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the
> Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel.  In addition, I don't
> understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for getting drivers extracted
> from the Dell and Intel .exe files and suspect that the drivers aren't,
> in fact, loadable from the Dell or Intel .exe file.  Again, though, I
> don't understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for extracting the
> chipset drivers from their respective .exe files and getting them onto a
> floppy and may be making a simple, beginner's, error.
>
> Although W98SE seems to be working, W98SE keeps looking for me to
> install some PCI drivers and shows four yellow question marks in Control
> Panel's Device Manager window.
>
> Anyway, if this query is visible to anyone, I would really appreciate
> some step-by-step guidance on how to proceed or pointers to a discussion
> group or other web site that might help me.  Thank you, in advance, for
> any and all assistance.

For Win2000 and later Intel offers driver detection on line at
http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=subhdr+help_detect
For Win98 Intel offers four drivers for the 845 chipset at
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%22845+chipset+%22
(two for graphics, two for CPU)
E.g. instructions at
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/4857/eng/readme.txt
for the Application Accelerator say simply
"1.  The operating system and the Intel(R) Chipset Software
    Installation Utility must be installed on the system
    prior to installation.
2.  Click on the self-extracting and self-installing setup
    file and answer all prompts presented.
3.  You will be prompted to reboot when installation is
    complete."

For the DIM 4500 under MS-DOS, Dell offers at
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=DOS&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_4500&hidos=WW1&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False
only BIOS update drivers (to be installed from a DOS prompt.)   All other
uploads
are for system diagnostics.
(The DIM 4500 was designed to run WinXP or Vista).

It is not clear whether you installed Win98 OK.  If installation
failed, it is not clear why you think new chipset drivers will
help.  Post results here whether you succeed or not in what
you want to do.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

0
Don
5/21/2010 6:09:51 PM
On 05/21/2010 10:30 AM, HenriK wrote:
> As this group seems to be still working, can anyone help me solve a
> driver loading problem?
>
> I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new
> copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run
> properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC). I have both the
> original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the
> 4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website.
>
> The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the
> Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel. In addition, I don't
> understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for getting drivers extracted
> from the Dell and Intel .exe files and suspect that the drivers aren't,
> in fact, loadable from the Dell or Intel .exe file. Again, though, I
> don't understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for extracting the
> chipset drivers from their respective .exe files and getting them onto a
> floppy and may be making a simple, beginner's, error.
>
> Although W98SE seems to be working, W98SE keeps looking for me to
> install some PCI drivers and shows four yellow question marks in Control
> Panel's Device Manager window.
>
> Anyway, if this query is visible to anyone, I would really appreciate
> some step-by-step guidance on how to proceed or pointers to a discussion
> group or other web site that might help me. Thank you, in advance, for
> any and all assistance.

You will specifically need to load win98 drivers if they are avail

Otherwise you may just want to run win98 in a virtual machine within XP

Before you go through all that...have you tried the software in XP
using the win98 compatibility setting?

Finally: even without the proper chipset drivers your win98 installation
may very well be perfectly usable for the app you need to run
they could possibly be for non critical components

You can just let the "wizard" run to completion
and opt not to show the messages again
0
philo
5/21/2010 8:14:07 PM
On Fri, 21 May 2010 11:30:59 -0400, HenriK <bedpost@attglobal.net> put
finger to keyboard and composed:

>I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new
>copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run
>properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC).  I have both the
>original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the
>4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website.
>
>The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the
>Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel.  In addition, I don't
>understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for getting drivers extracted
>from the Dell and Intel .exe files and suspect that the drivers aren't,
>in fact, loadable from the Dell or Intel .exe file.  Again, though, I
>don't understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for extracting the
>chipset drivers from their respective .exe files and getting them onto a
>floppy and may be making a simple, beginner's, error.

Can you give us links to the drivers?

If the EXEs are self extracting archives, then they will unpack
themselves, probably into a TEMP directory. Otherwise you could
examine them with Winzip or 7-Zip.

There is also this Universal Extractor:
http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

When you install drivers, Windows looks for an appropriate INF file.

>Although W98SE seems to be working, W98SE keeps looking for me to
>install some PCI drivers and shows four yellow question marks in Control
>Panel's Device Manager window.

How to use Registry Editor to identify an unknown PCI device:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298837/en-us

PCI Vendor and Device Lists:
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

You can also retrieve PCI device info (eg vendor and device IDs) using
PCItree:
http://www.pcitree.de/

Alternatively, try running msinfo32.exe.

- Franc Zabkar
Franc
5/21/2010 10:08:38 PM
"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2010 11:30:59 -0400, HenriK <bedpost@attglobal.net> put
> finger to keyboard and composed:
>
> >I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new
> >copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run
> >properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC).  I have both the
> >original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the
> >4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website.
> >
> >The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the
> >Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel.  In addition, I don't
> >understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for getting drivers extracted
> >from the Dell and Intel .exe files and suspect that the drivers aren't,
> >in fact, loadable from the Dell or Intel .exe file.  Again, though, I
> >don't understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for extracting the
> >chipset drivers from their respective .exe files and getting them onto a
> >floppy and may be making a simple, beginner's, error.
>
> Can you give us links to the drivers?
>
> If the EXEs are self extracting archives, then they will unpack
> themselves, probably into a TEMP directory. Otherwise you could
> examine them with Winzip or 7-Zip.
>
> There is also this Universal Extractor:
> http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
>
> When you install drivers, Windows looks for an appropriate INF file.
>
> >Although W98SE seems to be working, W98SE keeps looking for me to
> >install some PCI drivers and shows four yellow question marks in Control
> >Panel's Device Manager window.
>
> How to use Registry Editor to identify an unknown PCI device:
>
> PCI Vendor and Device Lists:
> http://www.pcidatabase.com/
>
> You can also retrieve PCI device info (eg vendor and device IDs) using
> PCItree:
> http://www.pcitree.de/
>
> Alternatively, try running msinfo32.exe.
>
> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
> .

Frank, I tried accessing that Microsoft kb support article to read up on it
myself and it appears to have been removed.  :-<
On Fri, 21 May 2010 22:51:01 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

>> How to use Registry Editor to identify an unknown PCI device:
>
>Frank, I tried accessing that Microsoft kb support article to read up on it
>myself and it appears to have been removed.  :-<

Here it is in German:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298837/de

Strangely, if you try the dropdown list under SPRACHE AUSW�HLEN, there
is no English language option.

Anyway, here is Google's translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.microsoft.com%2Fkb%2F298837%2Fde&sl=de&tl=en

- Franc Zabkar
Franc
5/22/2010 7:48:43 AM

"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2010 22:51:01 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:
>
> >"Franc Zabkar" wrote:
>
> >> How to use Registry Editor to identify an unknown PCI device:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298837/en-us
> >
> >Frank, I tried accessing that Microsoft kb support article to read up on it
> >myself and it appears to have been removed.  :-<
>
> Here it is in German:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298837/de
>
> Strangely, if you try the dropdown list under SPRACHE AUSWÄHLEN, there
> is no English language option.
>
> Anyway, here is Google's translation:
> http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.microsoft.com%2Fkb%2F298837%2Fde&sl=de&tl=en
>
> - Franc Zabkar
> --
> Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
> .

k, thanks.  However, I have not used the Google translate feature before and
I click the translate button and it just reloads the Google page.  I did view
the article in German.  :-0
HenriK wrote:
> As this group seems to be still working, can anyone help me solve a
> driver loading problem?
>
> I have a 1.8 gHz P4, Dell Dimension 4500, into which I have loaded a new
> copy of W98SE (so I can run some ancient software that doesn't run
> properly on my XP machine, a completely different PC). I have both the
> original Dell driver disk for the 4500 as well as having downloaded the
> 4500's Intel 845 chipset drivers directly from Intel's website.
>
> The drivers don't load by simply running the W98SE .exe files on the
> Dell disk or that I downloaded from Intel. In addition, I don't
> understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for getting drivers extracted
> from the Dell and Intel .exe files and suspect that the drivers aren't,
> in fact, loadable from the Dell or Intel .exe file. Again, though, I
> don't understand Dell's and Intel's instructions for extracting the
> chipset drivers from their respective .exe files and getting them onto a
> floppy and may be making a simple, beginner's, error.
>
> Although W98SE seems to be working, W98SE keeps looking for me to
> install some PCI drivers and shows four yellow question marks in Control
> Panel's Device Manager window.
>
> Anyway, if this query is visible to anyone, I would really appreciate
> some step-by-step guidance on how to proceed or pointers to a discussion
> group or other web site that might help me. Thank you, in advance, for
> any and all assistance.

Many thanks to Don, Philo, Franc, and Dan for responding to my query.
Let me try to address their comments in this collective note and perhaps
further clarify what seems to be happening.  My apologies for the length
of this note.

1) I am quite aware that the Dimension 4500 PCs were mostly sold with XP
(and apparently Vista).  When I bought mine, it had XP-Home installed by
Dell as the OS.  I don't need the PC to run XP any more as I have
another more powerful PC running XP-Pro and have old application
software that need W9x as they simply don't run right under W2K-Pro or
XP, something I have been living with over the past two years.  Because
the Dell 4500 Resource CD that came with this PC had Intel 845 chipset
drivers for W98SE and Win-Me on it (along with W2K-Pro and XP drivers),
I decided to set the 4500 up as a W98SE machine as I already had an
unused W98SE OEM CD in hand.

2) Trying to use Dell's driver detection system won't work as it
requires the PC to be capable of accessing the Internet.  Until I can
get the chipset PCI drivers loaded, I can't get the machine to access
the Internet.

3) I can not say conclusively that I have W98SE installed correctly.
While the PC does boot up W98SE seemingly properly, W98SE 'Control
Panel' keeps telling me (by highlighting them in yellow and with the ?
symbol in 'System/Device Manager') that I need to load the 845 PCI drivers.

4) The chipset drivers on the Dell 4500 Resource CD were in a 2.61 mB
file titled <IntelChipset.exe> and described as 'self-extracting'.  As I
have experienced in the past with similar Dell 'self-extracting' files,
the file extracted to a C:\dell\drivers\R41334 sub-folder.  This
sub-folder contained four further sub-folders: Win2000, WinME, Win98SE,
and XP.

5) In the R41334 folder, there was a 'setup.exe' file so I clicked on
that thinking the chipset drivers would load automatically.  The
required chipset drivers appeared, one at a time, to load properly.
However, when the chipset driver installation apparently finished and
the "you need to restart your computer" button appeared on the screen, I
discovered that both my mouse and keyboard no longer functioned.  I then
turned the computer off with its power switch.  After a few minutes, I
restarted the computer with its power switch.  While the PC restarted
and seemed to load W98SE properly, I got a bunch or warnings that I
needed to install the PCI drivers; i.e., the drivers hadn't stuck.

6) I then examined the R41334 sub-folder carefully and discovered
instructions in para 9B of the 'readme.txt' file for installing the
chipset drivers after the OS had been installed that said to copy the
contents of the WinSE directory (sub-folder) to the root directory
(folder) of a floppy disk with the "<INF Extract
Directory>\XXXX\Win98SE".  An accompanying note says: "XXXX is the
directory name for the chipset of interest", in my case 845E.  I do not
completely understand what this language is telling me to do.  Do I put
all of this in a DOS copy command?  Do I put this in the W98SE 'Run'
box?  Or what?  The 'readme.txt' goes on to explain how to load the
drivers via 'Control Panel/System/Device Manager', an operation I do
understand.  The problem I seem to be having is how to get the drivers
extracted to a floppy.

7) I also went to Intel's web site and obtained a chipset ID file.
Running this showed that my Dimension 4500 had the 845E chipset as it
was supposed to.  The Intel site also had W98SE chipset files for the
845E chipset and instructions for extracting the files to a floppy
identical to what I described in 6), immediately above.

HELP!
0
HenriK
5/25/2010 6:50:52 PM
It Come with OS Xp sp1

Drivers & Downloads for Dimension 4500

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_4500&hidos=DOS&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False

the Drive you will need are for your
Video, Audio, Network and have to have the network Drives
 need to know the make and model the drive
I look at the list of software and all will the drive for win98 in the
packs...

> [...]
> (folder) of a floppy disk with the "<INF Extract Directory>\XXXX\Win98SE".
> An accompanying note says: "XXXX is the directory name for the chipset of
> interest", in my case 845E.  I do not completely understand what this
> language is telling me to do.  Do I put all of this in a DOS copy command?
> Do I put this in the W98SE 'Run' box?  Or what?  The 'readme.txt' goes on
> to explain how to load the drivers via 'Control Panel/System/Device
> Manager', an operation I do understand.  The problem I seem to be having
> is how to get the drivers extracted to a floppy.
>
> 7) I also went to Intel's web site and obtained a chipset ID file. Running
> this showed that my Dimension 4500 had the 845E chipset as it was supposed
> to.  The Intel site also had W98SE chipset files for the 845E chipset and
> instructions for extracting the files to a floppy identical to what I

0
Hot
5/25/2010 11:59:57 PM
On Sat, 22 May 2010 08:41:01 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> put finger to keyboard and composed:

>"Franc Zabkar" wrote:

>> Anyway, here is Google's translation:
>> http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.microsoft.com%2Fkb%2F298837%2Fde&sl=de&tl=en

>k, thanks.  However, I have not used the Google translate feature before and
>I click the translate button and it just reloads the Google page.  I did view
>the article in German.  :-0

I had no trouble with the same URL again today.

Try going here ...

http://translate.google.com/?sl=de&tl=en

.... and then pasting the MS URL into the Translate box.

- Franc Zabkar
Franc
5/26/2010 8:36:27 AM
Regarding availability of a msKB page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298837/ 1.0(2002-08-27)

Text-version follows:

How to Use Registry Editor to Identify an Unknown PCI Device
View products that this article applies to.
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the
registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up
and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if
a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore,
and edit the registry, click the following article number to view
the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry

The third-party products that are discussed in this article are
manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft.
Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the
performance or reliability of these products.
SUMMARY
This article describes how to identify and locate vendor
information for a device that is displayed as Unknown Device on
the Device Manager tab in the System Properties dialog box.

This method can also be used to identify an unknown display
adapter listed as Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
MORE INFORMATION
When you install Microsoft Windows, the Add New Hardware Wizard
may search for drivers for an unknown device. When Windows
searches for the best driver for the device and it is unable to
find one, you way receive the following message:

Unknown Device
Windows has not installed a driver for this device.
When you click View devices by type on the Device Manager tab in
the System Properties dialog box, the device may be displayed as
Unknown Device under Other devices.

When your computer starts, the Peripheral Component Interconnect
(PCI) devices are polled for the following information:

Vendor ID
Device ID
Subsystem ID
Hardware Revision ID
This information is stored in the following Windows registry location

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI\VEN_vendorID&DEV_deviceID&SUBSYS_subsystemID&REV_hardwarerevisionID
where vendorID refers to a four-digit hexadecimal vendor ID
number, deviceID refers to a four-digit hexadecimal device ID
number, subsystemID refers to a subsystem ID number, and
hardwarerevisionID refers to a hardware revision ID number.

To use this information to help you identify the unknown device,
follow these steps.

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause
serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating
system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems
that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry
Editor at your own risk.

1. On the taskbar, click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type Regedit, and then click OK.
3. In Registry Editor, expand the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI
4. Under PCI, expand one of the following subkeys:

VEN_vendorID&DEV_deviceID&SUBSYS_subsystemID&REV_hardwarerevisionID
For example:

VEN_11C1&DEV_0442&SUBSYS_04401668&REV_01
5. Click the folder that appears beneath the subkey that you
expanded in step 4.
6. In the right pane, record the values of following registry
entries that appear:

Class
DeviceDesc
Mfg
These registry entries refer to the following:

Class refers to the class of the device, for example, "Modem."
DeviceDesc refers to the description of the device, for example,
"Lucent Win Modem."
Mfg refers to the device manufacturer, for example, "Lucent."
* To identify an Unknown PCI device, follow these steps:
1. View the registry entries in the folder that appears in each
of the registry subkeys beneath HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI.
2. Note the Class registry entry with the Data value of "Unknown".
3. Record the following information of the parent registry subkey
in which this value is found:

Vendor ID
Device ID
Subsystem ID
Hardware Revision ID
For example, if the Unknown Data value is found in the subfolder
of the following registry subkey

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_0442&SUBSYS_04401668&REV_01
record the following information:

Vendor ID 11C1
Device ID 0442
Subsystem ID 04401668
Hardware Revision ID 01

* To identify a display adapter listed as Standard PCI Graphics
Adapter (VGA), follow these steps:
1. View the registry entries in the folder that appears in each
of the registry subkeys beneath HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI.
2. Note the DeviceDesc registry entry with the Data value of
"Standard PCI Graphics Adapter".
3. Record the following information of the parent registry subkey
in which this value is found:

Vendor ID
Device ID
Subsystem ID
Hardware Revision ID
For example, if the "Standard PCI Graphics Adapter" Data value is
found in the subfolder of the following registry subkey

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7121&SUBSYS_801F104&REV_03
record the following information:

Vendor ID 8086
Device ID 7121
Subsystem ID 801F104
Hardware Revision ID 03

7. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer and browse to the PCI Vendor
and Device Lists Web site. To do this, click the following URL:

http://www.yourvote.com/pci
8. Click the By Vendor ID link.
9. Click the 0xVendor ID link where Vendor ID corresponds to the
Vendor ID that you recorded in step c. For example, 0x11C1 AT&T
Microelectronics.
10. On the Vendor Information page, search for the 0xDevice ID
where Device ID corresponds to the Device ID that you recorded in
step c. For example, 0x0442.
11. Record the Device ID information that corresponds to this
Device ID. For example:

Chip Number: 1646T00
Notes: Drivers http://808hi.com/56k/ltwin7.htm
12. Use this information to locate a compatible driver for the
device.

This information may help you identify the chip set used in the
device. This may not provide the specific manufacturer of the
hardware device but should provide enough information to obtain a
compatible device driver for the device.

For information about how to contact computer hardware
manufacturers, click the appropriate article number in the
following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

65416 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, A-K

60781 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, L-P

60782 Hardware and Software Third-Party Vendor Contact List, Q-Z

Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you
find technical support. This contact information may change
without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this
third-party contact information.

* Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
* Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
* Microsoft Windows 98

--
Nah-ah. I'm staying out of this. ... Now, here's my opinion.

	Please followup in the newsgroup.
	E-mail address is invalid due to spam-control.
0
Etal
5/26/2010 10:36:44 AM
<snipped due to length of course>

Thanks Etal.  I still cannot bring up the English version of that page or
get a Google translation for some reason.  I appreciate the copy from the
Microsoft site.  :-)
Dan wrote:

> <snipped due to length of course>
>
> Thanks Etal.  I still cannot bring up the English version of that page or
> get a Google translation for some reason.  I appreciate the copy from the
> Microsoft site.  :-)

You are welcome.

--
"You speak to me in sign language"
0

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

What do I load ?
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. If i comsume this web service: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx and do this operation: RetrieveArchivedTrips using: Dim strDate As Date = "2006-04-01" Dim endDate As Date = "2006-04-28" proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) What do I load when i use the following statements in my program: Dim doc as XmlDocument = new XmlDocument() doc.Load() Any...

Debug image fails to load.
Hi, I created an OS design with KITL, Kernel debugger enabled in Debug mode. But when i try to load the image to the CEPC it fails to boot. I am attaching the log here. ------ SERIAL PORT LOG starts ----------- Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Dec 9 2002 18:35:13 Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader 3.3 for CE/PC (Feb 6 2003) Boot Args @ 0x1F136 and ucLoaderFlags is 1 PCI Device Configurations (3 PCI bus(es) present)... ======================================================== Bus, Devi...

Click on a link and a picture loads in cell depending on which link you have clicked
Hello If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can get... e.g. If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 an then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure what you mean by link in A1 through A5, but I'd try it this way: Put all 5 pictures on the worksheet and position them where you want them. Name them to match the values in A1:A5. Select the picture for Bill and then type Bill in the name box (to the left of the formulabar) and hit enter. After all 5...

Netwok Adapter's Items (Drivers)
How can I enable/disable programatically using C# a driver for a network interface into Windows XP? (the ones you see into the property window, like TCP/IP protocol, Client for Microsoft Network, etc.) Thanks in advance! ...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Ev�nements Load et Unload
Quelqu'un peut-il me dire pourquoi je n'arrive pas � s�lectionner les �v�nements Load et Unload dans la partie droite de mon UserForm (et ce qu'il faut faire). (Je n'ai pas d'�v�nements Load et Unload dans la partie droite de ma liste, la partie gauche ayant le nom UserForm). D'avance merci, Jean-michel ...

While loading
I want to show a welcome screen while the application loads in the back ground. How can this be done? Thanks. Jess look at this:- http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/dialogspl.asp -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:jA8Qf.44094$F_3.26672@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I want to show a welcome screen while the application loads in the back >ground. How can this be done? > > Thanks. > Jess > PJ's website has a nice class for this... obviously if you Google "Splash Scree...

Drop-down lists loading
Hi, I have several huge drop-down lists (countries for several forms,applications etc.) to load into the CRM. The only way to do that, I found is manual typing. Any ideas how I can do that in the automatic way? Thanks. You could use the SDK to do it programatically. How long is the list? Problem is by the time you have written the code to do such a job you usually could have typed the data in. "innab" <innab@nur.com> wrote in message news:0ca201c36bcf$1629b420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have several huge drop-down lists (countries for several > forms,applicat...

Export functions in a driver
Hello all, I have a question about exporting functions in a driver. I did some exporting functions in other projects by using __declspec(dllexport) but using that in a printer driver it fails to build. I used data_seg(shared) to share data between processes using this DLL. How ever I want to retrieve this data. I still haven't figured out how to do this. I thought using properties (get /set) would make it possible. Could anyone help me ^^? > __declspec(dllexport)=20 This is a dirty toy unsuitable for real projects, since it exports the = functions with mangled na...

OWA not loading
On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It’s getting stuck on “Loading” screen. What could be wrong? TIA Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280823 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A25FA6E8-1560-4969-9494-44BB7FA54936@microsoft.com... > On E2K, while using OWA (after login), It's getting stuck on "Loading" > screen. What could be wrong? > TIA > ...

XSD, complexTypes, SQLXML bulk load: What am I missing?
Hello Techies-- I am reading an XML document with many nested elements. Many of these elements go to such a variety of tables, that I am trying to simply the read of the document by dumping the data into a single table using SQLXML/BulkXMLLoad. I have triggers set on an insert of this table to cascade inserts to the appropriate myriad of other tables. Originally I tried to use simpleType, then I tried to use: complexType, mixed="true" when setting up the schema, but received errors from SQLXML stating that mixed type cannot be used. The bottom line: For every level of sequenced ele...

Cannot load
This may not be the forum; but all of a sudden today when I try to acess Excel from the main I receive notice that something or other cannot locate the what ever to load Excel. All files are there, and I was able acces by going on line. What gives or who should I seek out. Ron Take the what ever and install it on the thinga-jiggy. ~~~Sorry...but if you don't provide specific details, we can't provide specific resolutions. :) ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "book12" <book12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F8967...

Custom web page loads on POS login
I saw an RMS setup the other day, where they had a custom web page (to enter their customers fuel loaylty number). This page appeared straight away after logging into POS in the main part part of the screen (where your list of items are) Does anyone know how they did this? I can't find anywhere where you can set this, can only find the html web status in SO admin Cheers ...

Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? hi, PE wrote: > Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? Yes. You can simply create a shortcut of the database or use FullPathToAccess\MSACCESS.EXE FullpathToDatabase\db.mdb as shortcut destination. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

MFC application and Load DLL
Does a MFC Application can load to it DLL ? if yes were can i read how to do load the DLL, and get the DLL interfaces ? I am trying to load Ramdisk DLL to my application and create fast secondary storage option? "Zack" <zackm@infinite-memories.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:BA5F6E43-1340-4F17-987D-D26564BA6332@microsoft.com... > Does a MFC Application can load to it DLL ? > if yes were can i read how to do load the DLL, and get the DLL interfaces > ? > I am trying to load Ramdisk DLL to my application and create fast > secondary storage option? The...

Makita 6260DWPLE 9.6-Volt 3/8-Inch Cordless Driver-Drill &amp; Flashlight Kit
Price:$193.20 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B0009OMYFG Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0009OMYFG Makita and most of the other cordless tool companies have gone with this BIG BULKLY battery. I was hoping the picture was wrong and the 9.6 V Makita was the older model one where the battery fit in the handle. Oh Well. But the drill and light work great anyway. As I would expect from Makita This drill is so great for it's size. It's so light yet strong and very long lasting. If you do regular work with a drill this one can't be beat. I...

Very slow loading
This concerns Office 2000. Suddenly Outlook started taking 3 to 4 minutes to open. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled it with Outlook, Word and Excel. Word and Excel load normally but Outlook still takes 3 to 4 minutes to load. I tried renaming the pst files in case they were corrupted so that Outlook would have to create a new pst file. This did not correct the problem. Once Outlook opens it appears to run normally. I am using Windows XP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Have you tried Archiving or deleting old items to reduce the size of your file? "Bob" ...

ImagePath= \??\C:\... (Start and stop driver driver using net start/stop drivername)
Hi, it is a non Pnp Driver ImagePath= \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\myDriver.sys -> The driver can be startet but no Driver details For what is the \??\ for ? Can some one explain it ? Why does it not work on if the following paths are set? ImagePath= system32\drivers\myDriver.sys -> System error 2 has occurred. -> The system cannot find the file specified. ImagePath= %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\myDriver.sys -> System error 2 has occurred. -> The system cannot find the path specified. cheers, GeminiServer > Why does it not work on if the followi...

Outlook Forms slow to load
All of the suddent, one of my customers is having an issue with his outlook client. His forms are taking 3 minutes to load. Any idea why this may be happening? Where are the forms he's trying to load? They wouldn't be halfway around the world, would they? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Boomer" <marionFSU@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171297633.827243.132230@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > All of the suddent, one of my customers is having an issue with his > outlook client. His forms are ta...

I can't get the driver to work for my tp-link usb wireless adapter
I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3 installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it just doesn't work. When I look in device manager I see an exclamation mark beside it. I also get (error code 39) when i try to install the driver again. Please help me, I've trawled through the internet looking for help but nothing has helped. Thanks in advance. On 6/17/2010 2:52 PM, paddy1972 wrote: > > I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3 > installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it...