Last day of posting via Microsoft server

Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server.
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://www.teranews.com/
Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use
public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can
use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup.

Or Google it:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search

      God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
        mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com
  http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm

> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server.

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" top-poasted:

> http://www.teranews.com/

Just use nntp.aioe.org.

It's free, and no registration required.
> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
> server.

In some other groups, they waited 'till the weekend to pull the plug.

0
FromTheRafters
6/30/2010 9:51:14 PM
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 08:40:34 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server.

Of course that won't prevent using any other server that carries
newsgroup.

I've been reading microsoft newsgroups for 15 years, and only used the
ms server for one day of that time.

IIRC, the ms server was inferior because it only carried ms groups.
0
mm
7/1/2010 7:37:15 AM
"FromTheRafters" wrote:

> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
> > server.
>
> In some other groups, they waited 'till the weekend to pull the plug.
>

> .

Well, here is the attempt to post via the Microsoft server on July 1, 2010
and let us see if they wait for the weekend here as well.  It is a good point
that you can still post here via other servers.
> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
> server.

No, it's not.  Only certain low-activity groups were being closed at the
end of June.  More active groups are being phased out through the
Autumn.

If there was no post in this group from MS specifically stating this
group was closing at the end of the month (on their server), then it
hasn't been scheduled yet.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
>> server.
>
> No, it's not.  Only certain low-activity groups were being closed at
> the end of June.  More active groups are being phased out through the
> Autumn.
>
> If there was no post in this group from MS specifically stating this
> group was closing at the end of the month (on their server), then it
> hasn't been scheduled yet.

Oops....I see they did post here on June 29, stating this group would be
closed on July 1.

No matter....it will still be available on other servers.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
7/1/2010 3:36:25 PM
    It's fast too. Thanks.

"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C2BB829.9A74FADF@Guy.com...
> "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" top-poasted:
>
> > http://www.teranews.com/
>
> Just use nntp.aioe.org.
>
> It's free, and no registration required.

0
Hughes
7/1/2010 4:34:50 PM
Glee,

Which other servers?

Angel

: "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
: news:i0icg6$g7e$1@news.eternal-september.org...
: > "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:35D92E7E-0BCA-4950-9350-F60E33A25BF8@microsoft.com...
: >> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
: >> server.
: >
:
: Oops....I see they did post here on June 29, stating this group would be
: closed on July 1.
:
: No matter....it will still be available on other servers.
: --
: Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
: A+
: http://dts-l.net/
:

0
Angel
7/1/2010 5:44:00 PM
Glen, do you happen to know what the real reason was that MS chose to
discontinue the nntp server based newsgroups?   Did they consider it too
much maintenance or hassle to maintain, or expense, or what?   Surely it
wasn't due to complaints about the nntp based format (which most of us
prefer, methinks).

glee wrote:
> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
>> server.
>
> No, it's not.  Only certain low-activity groups were being closed at the
> end of June.  More active groups are being phased out through the
> Autumn.
>
> If there was no post in this group from MS specifically stating this
> group was closing at the end of the month (on their server), then it
> hasn't been scheduled yet.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+
> http://dts-l.net/

0
Bill
7/1/2010 5:59:28 PM
Here's a couple listed below for Angel, too.  :-)

Hughes nntp.aioe.org wrote:
>    It's fast too. Thanks.
>
> "98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C2BB829.9A74FADF@Guy.com...
>> "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" top-poasted:
>>
>>> http://www.teranews.com/
>>
>> Just use nntp.aioe.org.
>>
>> It's free, and no registration required.

0
Bill
7/1/2010 6:07:14 PM
"Bill in Co." wrote:

> Glen, do you happen to know what the real reason was that MS
> chose to discontinue the nntp server based newsgroups?

MVP's and other non-administrative or non-microsoft people will never
know why microsoft does anything.

It's safe to assume that Microsoft wanted to simply end it's peering
relationship with usenet, because that is essentially what is being
accomplished.

Microsoft made the bogus argument about web-based "communities" being
more relavent and useful than the ancient usenet, but Microsoft ALREADY
HAD A WEB-BASED FORUM INTERFACE that people were using instead of NNTP.
Microsoft could have touched nothing and done nothing except put an axe
through the line that connected their web-based forum server to their
NNTP server, but the optics of that would have been obvious, so they
went through this big song and dance of reinventing their forums from
scratch, this time with no linkage to a real nntp server, but still
doing something kludgy and corny like providing a pseudo-NNTP interface.

Again, when you look at the end result, they have effectively ended
their peering relationship with usenet.  All else is the same - even if
it looks shiny and new.

Why?

Control.  They no longer have to deal with external posts from
unregistered users on all sorts of topics that are unpalatible to them.
Language, politics, philosophy, microsoft-bashing, microsoft-hacking,
spam, etc.

And as you've noticed, they will not bring back some forums, like Office
97/2k, NT, 2K, win-95/98/me.  All the OS's and products that don't
require validation / registration to install and be functional.

And one other reason.  Microsoft wants to move to a support model where
people that need help can pay other people to provide it, and those
other people are not necessarily employed by Microsoft.  So they are
working on platforms and interfaces that will allow an paid-support
ecosystem to function.

> Did they consider it too much maintenance or hassle to maintain,
> or expense, or what?

It costs practically nothing to operate a usenet server.  Many do it as
a hobby.  Even cheaper when your server is only handling a small
fraction of the total number of possible usenet groups.

They seemed to expend no expense at preventing their server from being
used as a spam platform - many or most of the spam that got
simultaneously posted to dozens or hundreds of microsoft.public groups
got posted from their own server.
> "FromTheRafters" wrote:
>
>> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
>> > server.
>>
>> In some other groups, they waited 'till the weekend to pull the plug.
>>

>> .
>
> Well, here is the attempt to post via the Microsoft server on July 1,
> 2010
> and let us see if they wait for the weekend here as well.  It is a
> good point
> that you can still post here via other servers.

I had already set up my Eternal-September account (back when they were
motzarella) because the Microsoft server didn't carry my favorite
groups - now I just add subscriptions to groups as they become
unavailable on the msnews servers.

These days,  many posting to usenet either didn't know that they were
posting to usenet or flatly denied that they were posting to usenet
because of the experience they got while polluting usenet from these
web-to news gateways.

0
FromTheRafters
7/2/2010 1:00:42 AM
"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C2CDE4B.50958B2C@Guy.com...
> "Bill in Co." wrote:
>
>> Glen, do you happen to know what the real reason was that MS
>> chose to discontinue the nntp server based newsgroups?
>
> MVP's and other non-administrative or non-microsoft people will never
> know why microsoft does anything.
> snip

Oh, but you DO?  What a laugh...
0
glee
7/2/2010 4:20:55 PM
Hi Angel,

The easiest free news server to set up is probably aioe.  You set it up
the same way you had set up the Microsoft server, msnews.

Since you're using Outlook Express, I'll give you a step-by-step:

Open OE, click the Tools menu> Accounts> Add button> News

In the wizard that pops up, put in the user name you want (in your case:
Angel), click Next, put the email address you want to show in your posts
(in your case, angel@noway.com) and click Next, for the server name use:
nntp.aioe.org and do NOT check the box below for "My news server
requires me to log on"....leave that UNchecked...click Next, then click
Finish.

Now you can go to Tools> Accounts> News tab, select aioe and click the
Set As Default button.

In the OE folders, click on nntp.aioe.org, then click the Newsgroups
button, download the list of groups, then select the groups you want to
subscribe to.

--

"Angel" <angel@noway.com> wrote in message
> Glee,
>
> Which other servers?
>
> Angel

> : "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in message
> : news:i0icg6$g7e$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> : > "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : > news:35D92E7E-0BCA-4950-9350-F60E33A25BF8@microsoft.com...
> : >> Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft
> : >> server.
> : >
> : > No, it's not.  Only certain low-activity groups were being closed
> at
> : > the end of June.  More active groups are being phased out through
> the
> : > Autumn.
> : >
> : > If there was no post in this group from MS specifically stating
> this
> : > group was closing at the end of the month (on their server), then
> it
> : > hasn't been scheduled yet.
> :
> : Oops....I see they did post here on June 29, stating this group
> would be
> : closed on July 1.
> :
> : No matter....it will still be available on other servers.
> : --
> : Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> : A+
> : http://dts-l.net/
> :

0
glee
7/2/2010 4:39:30 PM
glee wrote:

> >> Glen, do you happen to know what the real reason was that MS
> >> chose to discontinue the nntp server based newsgroups?
> >
> > MVP's and other non-administrative or non-microsoft people will
> > never know why microsoft does anything.
>
> Oh, but you DO?  What a laugh...

I've stated the most plausible reason so far.

You were specifically asked if you knew, but you didn't answer the
question.

If you want to discuss my answer, let's do it.

It's nonetheless true that the end result of what Microsoft is doing is
to end it's peering relationship with usenet while still operating
support forums of one sort or another.

And it's true that there has been mention of a sort of paid support web
site, with support provided by non-microsoft employees.
Thanks, Glee

 Angel

: Hi Angel,
:
[...]
: > : >
: > : > No, it's not.  Only certain low-activity groups were being closed
: > at
: > : > the end of June.  More active groups are being phased out through
: > the
: > : > Autumn.
: > : >
: > : > If there was no post in this group from MS specifically stating
: > this
: > : > group was closing at the end of the month (on their server), then
: > it
: > : > hasn't been scheduled yet.
: > :
: > : Oops....I see they did post here on June 29, stating this group
: > would be
: > : closed on July 1.
: > :
: > : No matter....it will still be available on other servers.
: > : --
: > : Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
: > : A+
: > : http://dts-l.net/
: > :
: >
: >
:

0
Angel

Find the last, 2nd last and 3rd last data in a column
I have data listed in several colums and need to create a formula to detail the last (most recent) 2nd last and 3rd last piece of data in the column. I have used the following formula to display the last but cant edit this or create another formula to get the 2nd and 3rd last pieces of data. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>0),A:A) Thanks in advance Jamie If there are no empty cells in the range: last cell: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-1) semi-penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

Check out that critical update from Microsoft Corporation
--htvrdbvucbujifvp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dhlafoghz"; type="multipart/alternative" --dhlafoghz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="deplkaudlpt" --deplkaudlpt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping...

Query from day of week
I need assistance in creating the formula to select one week ago Wednesday through Thursday of the current week. This query needs the ability to be run on any day of the week. Below is the formula I have in place but it returns 8 days ago through yesterday. If this is run on Wednesday it works correctly but I need it to be run on any weekday. >=Date()-Weekday(Date())-2+1*(Weekday(Date())=4) And <=Date()-Weekday(Date())+3+1*(Weekday(Date())=1) -- Rick My apologies but I stated "one week ago Wednesday through Thursday" below but it should read "one week a...

Payroll Posting Issue #2
We are trying to process payroll on Dynamics GP 9.0 and our posting process slows down all of sudden. It prints like 3 payroll reports and then it takes a long amount of time before it starts processing and printer the remaining reports. We even has all the user log off of great plains and close all applications on client terminal where we faced this issue. We also noticed an issue with posting GL's where the application slows down and it takes a while until it's done with the process. Had anyone faced an issue similar to this one? Any suggestions on what's going on on this one? ...

Exchange Server Missing in the Group
I just noticed the Exchange Domain Servers Security Group Only shows 1 Exchange 2003 in there as its member. I have 3 more and they are Exchange 2007? 2 are Cluster Nodes and 1 is stand alone. Adding the rest of the servers manually would not hurt - right? Thank you It shouldn't but they don't need to be there. Exchange 2007 creates new groups. They should be there. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "WildPacket" <WildPacket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

good documentation on the new task scheduler under windows 2008 server?
hi, i have been using task scheduler successfully for a number of years under windows 2003 server. i am now trying out the new version under windows 2008 server. on the one hand it looks as though there are some great new features. on the other hand, some very basic things seem hard to find and frustrating. my web searches for documentation have so far turned up very basic stuff that hasn't helped me much. can anyone recommend any good documentation? is this the best news group to post specific questions? cheers, Tim Hanson Hello Tim, Better use the Technet Forum f...

Auto posting a payment transaction miported via eConnect
Our website allows a customer to pay off their oustanding balance via a credit card. When we successfully take their money, we import a payment transaction into Great Plains via eConnect to document the event. Our problem is that the payment transaction appears as an unposted transaction in GP. We trust the source of this document, and would like the payment transaction to be posted in GP ASAP. Can we post the transaction as part of the eConnect document? If so, how? If not, then are there are third-party apps that provide this functionality? Thanks in advance You can create a macro in G...

Subtract working days
I'm tring to calculate todays date and subtract a number of working days and have the answer in date format. A1 = 02 November 05 B1 = 5 C1 = Would result in 27 October 05 Any help would be appreciated -- teeb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13172 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480981 teeb Wrote: > I'm tring to calculate todays date and subtract a...

Exchange license does not appear in Server license list
I have just recently migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 except this time echange is not running on a DC. But on the DC under license there is not the drop down to add exchange license-exchange is running on a member server within my domain-how do I get the drop down to show exchange 2003 or just exchange? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:13:28 -0800, Gordon <Gordon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just recently migrated from exchange 2000 to 2003 except this time >echange is not running on a DC. But on the DC under license there is not the >drop down to add exchange lice...

Microsoft Mail Transport
Is there any way to allow the use of the Microsoft Mail transport with Outlook 2002. Everything I have read on the Microsoft web site says it is unsupported, but doesn't mention if it is possible to use. Our office is using a Microsoft Mail Post office but we have some computers using Outlook 2002 and some using Outlook 2000 (which is able to utilize the Microsoft Mail transport). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows ...

Newsgroup microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager will stop working from June 30 onwards.
As many of you already would have read about newsgroup deprecation. DPM newsgroup will be deprecated on June 30 onwards. To discourage activity on newsgroup and to encourage everybody to move to Technet forum, from now onwards DPM team will not be actively verifying that the customer queries are answered in newsgroup. Everybody who is using the newsgroup to get queries answered please shift to technet forum before newsgroup services are stopped. Technet Forum website: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/dataprotectionmanager/threads. You need a Live ID to ...

I get an error message on outlook cannot connect with web server .
alll of a sudden I caan't update the calendar I posted on office live. It says outlook cannot connect to web server? I downloaded the recent share point server after this message, but it is still happening....help. Known issue - Go to office.com and sign in with the same Live ID you use to publish your calendar and select "Save my e-mail address and password". Restart Outlook and the browser. It should now work for either publishing or updating a subscribed calendar, at least until you sign out of Office Online and/or LiveID. I’m not sure what the secret is - ...

Post cards Am I able to type addresses on all four cards before
I am doing a mailing without being able to mail merge. Can I type names on the post cards before printing. I know I can one at a time but have 4 to a sheet. If so please let me know how. Georgia Arrange, Layout Guides, type your outside margins, Grid Guide tab, 2 columns, spacing 2 times the margins, two rows, spacing 2 times the margins. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Georgia" <Georgia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59EF1E75-A556-42E5-8D4D-741BBD8CB78A@microsoft.com... >I am doing a mailing without being able to mail ...

CRM Server Down: Authentication Error
Dear ALL, If you have a solution please advise me soon: After IT install some hotfix + .Net famework 2.0 + Service pack for .Net Frame work 2.0 and our server stop working. The error message is: Authentication Error Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. What I have done: 1. Backup _MSCRM & _METABASE 2. Reinstall CRM Server with the same org_name 3. Restore the backup of _MSCRM & _METABASE But system keep the same...

How long will my capital last
Hi If I had a capital sum of say �100,000 and I was taking an annua income of 5% and I was getting 3.5% interest annually - Can you help m demonstrate how long my capital last? Thank you Dust -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dusty, =3DNPER(3.5%,-5000,100000,0) If, by 5%, you mean 5% of the original investment (=A35.000 each year), = your money will last for approximately 35 years at 3.5% interest. See Excel Help for more info on NPER(). Regards, Anders Silven "Durhamr" <Durhamr.yajun@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Durhamr.yajun@excelf...

Multi-select listbox question
I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked? Thanks Dave -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

change color of bar on multi-day event shape
Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a multi-day event shape? I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. url:http://www.ureader.com/gp/1127-1.aspx On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:43:11 +0800, "Jennifer Virley"<virleyj0@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to change the color of the "bar" across the top of a >multi-day event shape? >I can change the fill color, but not the bar is always blue. Open the Drawing Explorer window (menu View -> Drawing Explorer Look for the appropriate shape on the ...

Microsoft outlook 2000
How do I set up the server info, ect to make my Outlook mail work? I have Windows 7 installed. -- Michael R. Cook First of all, Outlook 2000 is not fully compatible with Windows 7, same as with Vista: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ol2000_win7.htm Your mail service provider will typically have a web page that shows how to set up mail service with popular mail clients like Outlook. The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program. You are more likely to find Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categor...

why is my last digit converted to zero?
I'm using Excel 2003 and when I enter a 16-digit number or cut and paste a 16-digit number, the last digit is converted to zero. This does not happen with 15 digits or fewer. Excel's numeric precision is 15 decimal digits. If you need to calculate with the number, you probably won't miss anything. If the number is a key, such as a creditcard number, add an apostroph (single quote, " `") before it; it will not show, but it will cause the number to be treated as text. Another way is to format the cell as text before entering the number -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

DPM
I am running DPM 2007 with the latest patches. When backing up server 2008 System States, the size varies greatly. I see that the backups include a VHD in the WIndowsImageBackup folder. On a given day the size may be 8GB and that would be consistent for several days. Then for several days it may be as low as 600MB and then jumps to something in the gigs again. What accounts for the variability in the size? Are there any scheduled/un scheduled backups are happening on the local system other than the DPM doing the system state backup? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This p...

Need help in searching last occurrence of string in text file
Hi , I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from u. I have one huge text file and i want to search last occurrence of string in that file and then cut the data after that searched line till end of file and paste it into a new text file. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance. How huge is "huge" (in Megs)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) <sameer2211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cb08938-cf0e-4925-95bb-725f72df9f8d@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from > u. > I hav...

Last logged on by
Hello! Using exchange 2003. When I look under Adminstrative groups -> Server -> "name" -> First storage group -> mailbox store -> mailboxes you can se all the mailboxes that you have and last logged on by. Under last logged on by I can se that one person (me) have logged on on to diffrent acconts, even if I havent don it. WHAT is this? Best regards Micke Micke: Did you use your account as the service account for anti-virus or spam? Also, IIRC, even if you view someone's Outlook Calendar, it would mark the mailbox as being logged on by you. Regards...

Posting Problems- massive reports, same doc number over and over
We have encountered a problem twice now while posting. Once was in SOP and the other was Cash Receivables. The problem is it is generating massive reports with the same document number, same credit, debit and net amounts and different customer numbers and different dates. Document dates should only be for last couple of days but instead go back years. There do not appear to be any other symptoms and it does not generate an error. It's GP 7.5 SQL. Has been running good for about a year and there have been no recent changes or events to the system. Any insight is appriciated. ...

Upgrade 5.5 to 2k3 but cannot use free-busy on new server
Hi, Dose anyone know hot to fix problem with free/busy scheduler. We are running Exchange 5.5 just because the free/busy have not replicated to the new server. Our replication dose not work anymore. Can't access public or system folders in Exch2k3 from Exchange Manager sw. Once Exch.5.5 is switched off we don't have scheduler information in Outlook, otherwise everything seams to work. Many thanks for your help. Anna Did you setup the system folder replication using the 2003 Exchange System Manager tool? ...