Intel wlan 2200bg driver for W98?

I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find) wireless
driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that would work?

I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded from
intel only has xp and 2000 support.

--
Cheers!
0

Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
> I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find) wireless
> driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that would work?
>
> I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded
> from intel only has xp and 2000 support.

If the manufacturer of the device does not have a win98 driver
it's not too likely one exists.

Though there is a small possibility a win2k driver would work...
you could end up ruining your system in the process
0
philo
12/25/2009 2:22:29 PM
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:22:29 -0000, philo <philo@privacy.invalid> wrote:

> Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
>> I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find)
>> wireless driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that
>> would work?
>>  I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I downloaded
>> from intel only has xp and 2000 support.
>>
> If the manufacturer of the device does not have a win98 driver
> it's not too likely one exists.
>
> Though there is a small possibility a win2k driver would work...
> you could end up ruining your system in the process

ME would be OK.

I think the 2100b driver would be OK, but intel have dropped the w98 part
 from their download.
Of course google give heaps of hits for non-existent drivers!
I'll keep looking.

--
Nuns! Reverse!
0
Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:22:29 -0000, philo <philo@privacy.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
>>> I have a Fujitsu S7010 laptop, but there's no (that I can find)
>>> wireless driver for W98. Can anyone recommend an equivalent one that
>>> would work?
>>>  I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I
>>> downloaded from intel only has xp and 2000 support.
>>>
>> If the manufacturer of the device does not have a win98 driver
>> it's not too likely one exists.
>>
>> Though there is a small possibility a win2k driver would work...
>> you could end up ruining your system in the process
>
> ME would be OK.
>
> I think the 2100b driver would be OK, but intel have dropped the w98
> part from their download.
> Of course google give heaps of hits for non-existent drivers!
> I'll keep looking.

Maybe you could download the Win2k/XP driver
and extract it and see if if contains a win9x or win98/me folder
0
philo
12/25/2009 3:19:55 PM
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:19:55 -0000, philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:

> Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:

>>> If the manufacturer of the device does not have a win98 driver
>>> it's not too likely one exists.
>>>
>>> Though there is a small possibility a win2k driver would work...
>>> you could end up ruining your system in the process
>>  ME would be OK.
>>  I think the 2100b driver would be OK, but intel have dropped the w98
>> part from their download.
>> Of course google give heaps of hits for non-existent drivers!
>> I'll keep looking.
>>

> Maybe you could download the Win2k/XP driver
> and extract it and see if if contains a win9x or win98/me folder

Of course. I did that.

Anyway looks as if IBM have what I want

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-50565

--
Nuns! Reverse!
0
Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:19:55 -0000, philo <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:

>>>  ME would be OK.
>>>  I think the 2100b driver would be OK, but intel have dropped the w98
>>> part from their download.
>>> Of course google give heaps of hits for non-existent drivers!
>>> I'll keep looking.
>>>

>> Maybe you could download the Win2k/XP driver
>> and extract it and see if if contains a win9x or win98/me folder
>
> Of course. I did that.
>
> Anyway looks as if IBM have what I want
>
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-50565

glad you found it

hope it works
0
philo
12/25/2009 4:05:01 PM
Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:

> I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I
> downloaded from intel only has xp and 2000 support.

I *believe* that the 2100 or 2200 (or both) were part of the "Centrino"
chipset.

IIRC, I looked high and low for a win-98 wifi driver for a Dell 600m
Inspiron laptop back in Q1 2005 and I don't think I found one (I was
able to find win-98 drivers for most or all other components of that
laptop).

Try unpacking this file:

WLan-xp-Toshiba_Satellite_L20.zip.1.zip

Located within this compressed file:

http://tinyurl.com/yhoo9eh

And poke around and see if any of those drivers will work.
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 05:42:43 -0000, 98 Guy <98@guy.com> wrote:

> Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
>
>> I have read that the 2100b would do, but the driver file I
>> downloaded from intel only has xp and 2000 support.
>
> I *believe* that the 2100 or 2200 (or both) were part of the "Centrino"
> chipset.
>
> IIRC, I looked high and low for a win-98 wifi driver for a Dell 600m
> Inspiron laptop back in Q1 2005 and I don't think I found one (I was
> able to find win-98 drivers for most or all other components of that
> laptop).
>
> Try unpacking this file:
>
> WLan-xp-Toshiba_Satellite_L20.zip.1.zip
>
> Located within this compressed file:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yhoo9eh

That url didn't get me there, but I searched on
WLan-xp-Toshiba_Satellite_L20.zip.1.zip

and got it.

> And poke around and see if any of those drivers will work.

the Wlan part is

;******************************************************************************
; w29n51.INF
;
; Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection Adapter
; Unified Installation Script for Windows XP and 2k
;
so no good, but thanks anyway.

--
Nuns! Reverse!
0

Error Code 52 On Signed 64-Bit Kernel Driver
In expanding our drivers to support Windows Seven 64-bit, we've run into a snag, with error code 52. We're currently using a minimal .INF to try to get one card working in just this environment, and once it works we'll expand it for the other 100+ products and combine it with our 32-bit .INF. We have a certificate based on the VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA. We build the .SYS, sign the .SYS, make a .CAT with INF2CAT, then sign the ..CAT. Previous (failed) driver versions are removed by uninstalling via Device Manager, and checking the checkbox to delete driv...

Applications Responding Slowly on iMac with Intel
I just purchased the new iMac with the Intel processor. (I am also a new Mac user.) When I am using Microsoft Office, everything is responding slowly. For example, it can take 30-45 seconds to launch Excel. Also, when I'm executing certain actions within the applications, I sometimes get the "beachball" icon and everything is moving slowly overall. Applecare has no anwers for me, and I've taken the computer into the store for a diagnostic and everything came out clean with respect to my hardware. Has anyone else had this problem? You didn't specify, but I'm as...

Windows Cannot Load Device Driver....
I'm getting a message, "windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupt or missing." This occurs when I'm trying to connect my USB Epson Perfection 3170 Scanner and my Firewire Panasonic Camcorder. I've uninstalled both drivers numerous times and attempted to reinstall both several times in safe mode and regular (Code 39); (Windows XP Professional on a Dell Latitude D830 with 4 gigs Ram) jonojazz wrote: > I'm getting a message, "windows cannot load the device driver for > this hardware. The driver may be corr...

44 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 60871
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com fAQ.Ev#,mL(T?oj?LX!BF)njH ...

TWAIN Driver
I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some code skelleton available on which I can base such a driver? YES : check TWAIN.org. There is a SDK and samples. "hufaunder" wrote: > I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some > code skelleton available on which I can base such a driver? YES : check twain.org SDK with samples are there. "hufaunder" wrote: > I have to create a TWAIN driver. Are there any sample codes and maybe some > code skelleton available on which I can base su...

BLUE SCREEN - Driver Power State Failure
Please help me to understand these error messages and how to fix it. Driver Power State Failure STOP: 0x0000009f ( 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800775a050, 0xfffffa800775a050 , 0xfffffa80061044c0) I really appreciate your help guys. -- songryong http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315249&sd=RMVP peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "songryong" <guest@unknown-email.com> w...

Office 2004 on Intel Macs
I'm planning on purchasing a new Intel-based MacBook (announced yesterday), but I also recently purchased Office 2004. I'm concerned that Office will not be compatible or run poorly using Apple's Rosetta interpreter. Is there any information out there from Microsoft or otherwise commenting on this compatibility? Will MS offer free upgrades to the universal binary versions? On 1/11/06 4:05 PM, "laurencemayer@yahoo.com" wrote: > I'm planning on purchasing a new Intel-based MacBook (announced > yesterday), but I also recently purchased Office 2004. I'm conc...

PC Emulator for the new Intel Macs.
Hi, I am considering switching to the Mac. Now that the new Intel Mac has been released, my concern is not having a PC emulator for those few PC based apps that I have not found or are not ready to substitute yet. Questions: (1) Does anyone have a word on when the Virtual PC will work for the Intel based Macs? (2) Does anyone use another PC amulator that they can reccommend? (3) Any other idea to address this need? Thanks so much. Martin. you'll want to check this out, newly posted on macrumors.com, on OpenOSX http://www.macrumors.com/ There is also WINE / Darwine, this is what ...

Can't install Etherent driver
A virus infection has required me to re-install Windows XP onto my ACER 5630 laptop. I have re-installed all the drivers with the exception of the Ethernet LAN driver. It is a Broadcom 5787 Ethernet port, and when I download the drivers form either the Acer website, or the Broadcom website all I get is a zip file with the following three files: b57win32.cat b57win32.inf b57win32.sys as there is no setup.exe type file I tried to install using Device manager, but it fails to install the driver, even if I point the location for the driver to the folder where I have extract...

can 32 bit driver /software work in 64 bit OS
Just joined this forum - so this may have been asked before I am planning to upgrade from Vista 32 to Win7 64. There are several pieces of software, e.g. Belkin Flip (KVM) that is only 32 bit. Can I install this software on a 64 bit OS and will it work? I plan before leaping into 64 bit world. THX -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net 32-bit software generally works. 32-bit drivers simply do NOT work. If you have a specific piece of software, contact the manufacturer. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "John L" <Joh...

Hyperlinks to files on network drivers
Hello, I have a problems with creation of hyperlinks to files on company network drivers. I have a name for a link in a cell. Than I follow routine and press hyperlink button, etc. Pressing OK and created. It works. After an Excel file is closed and reopened it does not work. When I try edit hyperlink I can see something like this: '../../../../Groups/EEDS/COMMON/QUALITY...'. In my situation 'G:/EEDS/...' is replaced with '../../../../Groups/EEDS/...'. What is going on? Where did those dots and slashes come from? Thank you for your help. Regards, Fornol ...

JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installati
http://www.paphoscarhire.mobi/odbc-bridge2.jpg desktop control panel settings, I have above URL (IMG) Settings well, I need to run in my PC: Type 1 db driver Access / java[SE1.6] Desktop Applications, what I need to install ? I refer for Type 1, JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver.... Is it needed install and Access 2003 ODBC driver (see URL) ...? How I understand if I already installed it(?) since I do not know ? JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver & ODBC driver are two different installations? How to load driver in my program ? The below are correct for: Class.forName & DriverManager.ge...

Updating UMDF drivers during development
Hi, I am having some trouble updating UMDF drivers using "devcon" during a standard code-deploy-debug cycle. The problem is that "devcon update" isn't really updating anything unless the version number or the date of the DLL file and the INF file has changed from what is stored in the system's driver cache folder. After a maddening series of experiments I've discovered that one way to force the thing to use the latest files is by doing the following: [1] Change the parameters passed to "stampinf.exe" in "makefile.inc" by ...

Office vX for Mac and Intel?
Hi, i have Office v.X and now have the Intel laptop with 10.4.7. Im finding that Office is running very slow for my taste, and while everyone is saying Office 2004 will run fairly well with Intel until a native version arrives in 2007 or later, I have yet to find info on how vX compares to 2004 on this machine. If its similar, I'd rather wait to upgrade next year than pay for 2004 now. Please advise.... Thanks! Amanda. Hi Amanda, v.X and 2004 both use Rosetta technology to work, so I would expect the speed to be roughly the same for each version. From what I can gather the next ...

WLAN Marvell 88w8686
Hi All, Has anyone worked with Marvell 88w8686 WLAN module with SDIO interface in wince6.0.I am a new bee to WLAN.I am using Samsung s3c6410 BSP for our development board.We have WM-G-MR-09 WLAN module which has Marvell 88W8686 chipset.The problem is that the driver is not getting called once the image is loaded.I have no source code but have the dll file and registry file ie, SDIO8686.dll and SDIO8686.reg and the registry file contains the following entry ; registry keys for the Streams portion of the driver [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Custom\M...

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

HP Pavilion Intel 8200 runs slower than other Intel Q8200
I have an HP p6140f+, Pavilion Q8200 Intel CPU desktop. Windows 7, 8 GB of RAM. After I have defragged the C drive perfectly, deleted all cookies, significantly reduced Restore points, have no applications loaded other than ESET NOD32 AV, Graphic PCI Express 9400 GT, and running Passmark Performance Test, version 7, after the many tests are done this new desktop gets an overall score of 691. When I get the worldwide database for the same CPU Q8200 and the same Graphics card and the same (or less RAM I find overall scores of 1220, 1144, 1191, 1292 and higher. Talking to HP ...

windows 7 x64 lockup on intel d975xbx2 motherboard
I turned on my file sharing for my windows 7 x64 desktop yesterday. Since then I have had 3 lockups (the mouse works but there is no response otherwise). I was using the standard device drivers installed by windows x64. I went to the intel website for my intel d975xbx2 motherboard and confirmed that I have the latest BIOS. I also found a vista x64 network device driver and installed that over the standard MS device driver for the motherboard intel pro/1000 pl network connection. So far, I have yet to lockup my pc but the day is young. Does anyone have any advice here ? My cpu...

Custom odbc driver development
Hi All, I want to create an odbc driver for our properitory database (I donot mean registering a data source, but an assembly that acts as a medium of information exchange between user apps and our database). Can anyone refer me to some links ? Thanks Ashish Hi Ashish, As you know, ODBC drivers are libraries that implement the functions in the ODBC API. I believe the following documentation are helpful: Microsoft ODBC Drivers http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/od bc_drivers_overview.asp?frame=true ODBC Programmer's Reference: Developing Applica...

document image writer print driver on 64 bit os
I have read older posts (2008) that the ms document image writer is not available for 64 bit os's. I can't get it to install with office 2007 on windows 7 64 bit. the application installs but the print driver doesn't. is it still not available for 64 bit or if it is how can i install it. i need to create tif files from .doc'x. -- gary ...

Wi-Fi Driver development in WINCE
Hi all, I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0 R3 OS. Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me started on this very quickly. Also I would like to know what hardware related data I need to write a Wi-Fi driver. I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me. Request your suggestions\comments on this TIA, RAGHU Sample Wifi driver is available in the following path. \WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\NETCARD\AR6K Hope it will help you. -- vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothb...

Can't find my Card Reader or driver
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as, when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help? From: <rmo555@cox.net> | I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it | in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as, | when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up -...

INTEL Assembler
Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? -- Engineering On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 01:55:05 -0700, C Hill MBSC <CHillMBSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does any one know what instructions disable and enable interrupts on a >PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz Processor with Hyper-Threading Technology? I don't know... Trying comp.lang.asm.x86? MrAsm But what exactly you're trying to achieve by disabling interrupts? KeRaiseIrql or KeAcquireInterruptSpinlock is not good enough? "C Hill MBSC&...

Windows Server 2008, Intel Xenon 7500 series SQL Server 2008?
What challenges will the Intel Xeon 7500 series together with Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2 help address for my business? That question is kind of off topic since this is a SBS Forum However, This might help http://download.intel.com/pressroom/kits/xeon/7500series/pdf/Xeon_7500_Quotes.pdf Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz Question or Second Opinion - www.PersonalITConsultant.com BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com http://www.twitter...