Highest Version of Adobe Reader for Windows 98se

Hi,

     Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can
use on my Windows 98se computer?

          Thank You in Advance,  John

PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address

0
jaugustine
5/8/2010 11:34:23 AM
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can
> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>
>            Thank You in Advance,  John
>
> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address

Adobe is very bloated
you will probably be better off with Foxit

it's a free download and will come up on Google
0
philo
5/8/2010 12:10:32 PM
Acrobat Reader 5.0

<jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can
> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>
>          Thank You in Advance,  John
>
> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address

0
Hot
5/8/2010 1:52:11 PM
<jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>     Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I
> can
> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>
>          Thank You in Advance,  John
>
> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address

Acrobat Reader 6.x is the newest you can use with 98SE
Acrobat Reader 5.x is the newest you can use with Win98FE or Win95

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee
5/8/2010 2:36:06 PM
On May 8, 5:10=A0am, philo <ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugust...@verizon.net wrote:> Hi,
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Re=
ader I can
> > use on my Windows 98se computer?
>
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Thank You in Advance, =A0John
>
> > PS, =A0Remove "ine" from my email address
>
> Adobe is very bloated
> you will probably be better off with Foxit
>
> it's a free download and will come up on Google

hear, hear to Foxit on Win98 !!
0
Robert
5/8/2010 3:01:22 PM
jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

> Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I
> can use on my Windows 98se computer?

> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address

Are you going to read the answers here, or expect that they be e-mailed
to you?

The last version of Acrobat reader that will run on win-98 is 6.0x,
where (I *think*) x >= 3 and possibly x = 5.
"jaugustine@verizon.net" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>      Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I can
> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>
>           Thank You in Advance,  John
>
> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address

Please go with Foxit Reader unless you have to have a feature of Adobe.
Adobe is less safe and secure.
"Robert Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message
>On May 8, 5:10 am, philo <ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
>> On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugust...@verizon.net wrote:> Hi,
>>
>> > Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I
>> > can
>> > use on my Windows 98se computer?
>>
>> > Thank You in Advance, John
>>
>> > PS, Remove "ine" from my email address
>>
>> Adobe is very bloated
>> you will probably be better off with Foxit
>>
>> it's a free download and will come up on Google
>
> hear, hear to Foxit on Win98 !!

Make sure if you use FoxIt Reader on Win98, that you have the latest
updated version for that operating system, to patch the PDF exploit from
March 2009.  The latest version for Win98 is FoxIt Reader 2.3 Build
4015:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
5/8/2010 8:14:39 PM
Glee,

I have Acrobat Reader 5.0.

If you, or anyone else, can provide a link for AR 6.x it's much
appreciated.

I have some pdf files which I'd like to read but cannot and hope that
I can with 8.x.

Thank so much for your help.

John

On Sat, 8 May 2010 10:36:06 -0400, "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com>
wrote:

><jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>>     Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I
>> can
>> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>>
>>          Thank You in Advance,  John
>>
>> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address
>

>Acrobat Reader 6.x is the newest you can use with 98SE
>Acrobat Reader 5.x is the newest you can use with Win98FE or Win95

0
dosbuff
5/9/2010 1:19:48 AM
Look here:
http://www.oldversion.com/Acrobat_Reader.html

After installing, use the Help menu> Check for updates in the program.
After installing any updates, use it again to check for more, repeat
till it finds none.
--

"dosbuff" <throwaway6@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Glee,
>
> I have Acrobat Reader 5.0.
>
> If you, or anyone else, can provide a link for AR 6.x it's much
> appreciated.
>
> I have some pdf files which I'd like to read but cannot and hope that
> I can with 8.x.
>
> Thank so much for your help.
>
> John
>
> On Sat, 8 May 2010 10:36:06 -0400, "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
>><jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader
>>> can
>>> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>>>
>>>          Thank You in Advance,  John
>>>
>>> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address
>>

>>Acrobat Reader 6.x is the newest you can use with 98SE
>>Acrobat Reader 5.x is the newest you can use with Win98FE or Win95

0
glee
5/9/2010 2:02:46 AM
http://www.oldapps.com/adobe_reader.php

"dosbuff" <throwaway6@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Glee,
>
> I have Acrobat Reader 5.0.
>
> If you, or anyone else, can provide a link for AR 6.x it's much
> appreciated.
>
> I have some pdf files which I'd like to read but cannot and hope that
> I can with 8.x.
>
> Thank so much for your help.
>
> John
>
> On Sat, 8 May 2010 10:36:06 -0400, "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
>><jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>     Can someone tell me what is the highest version of Adobe Reader I
>>> can
>>> use on my Windows 98se computer?
>>>
>>>          Thank You in Advance,  John
>>>
>>> PS,  Remove "ine" from my email address
>>

>>Acrobat Reader 6.x is the newest you can use with 98SE
>>Acrobat Reader 5.x is the newest you can use with Win98FE or Win95

0
Hot
5/9/2010 5:28:00 AM
On May 8, 7:02=A0pm, "glee" <gle...@spamindspring.com> wrote:
> Look here:http://www.oldversion.com/Acrobat_Reader.html
>
> After installing, use the Help menu> Check for updates in the program.
> After installing any updates, use it again to check for more, repeat
> till it finds none.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP =A0Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+http://dts-l.net/
>
> "dosbuff" <throwaw...@somewhere.com> wrote in message

> > Glee,
>
> > I have Acrobat Reader 5.0.
>
> > If you, or anyone else, can provide a link for AR 6.x it's much
> > appreciated.
>
> > I have some pdf files which I'd like to read but cannot and hope that
> > I can with 8.x.
>
> > Thank so much for your help.
>
> > John
>
> > On Sat, 8 May 2010 10:36:06 -0400, "glee" <gle...@spamindspring.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >><jaugust...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> >>Acrobat Reader 6.x is the newest you can use with 98SE
> >>Acrobat Reader 5.x is the newest you can use with Win98FE or Win95

Will it update with anything incompatible to the parent OS, Win98?
0
Robert
5/9/2010 5:20:21 PM
>On May 8, 7:02 pm, "glee" <gle...@spamindspring.com> wrote:
>> Look here:http://www.oldversion.com/Acrobat_Reader.html
>>
>> After installing, use the Help menu> Check for updates in the
>> program.
>> After installing any updates, use it again to check for more, repeat
>> till it finds none.
>
> Will it update with anything incompatible to the parent OS, Win98?

It will only update within that version number.  If you have v.6.x, you
will only get whatever updates are available for 6.x on Adobe's server.
I can't tell you if they still have the updates available through that
method...since they stopped support for v.6.x they may have removed the
updates from their server.

The last update was to v.6.0.6
If not available through the updater, try here...be sure to virus scan
them first:
http://kb.cadzow.com.au:15384/cadzow/details.aspx?ID=1460

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
5/9/2010 6:30:11 PM
http://www.oldversion.com/Acrobat-Reader.html

(Although the Cadzow link is pretty impressive.)

IMO you should use FoxIt Reader. Acrobat has become totally
ridiculous.

--
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
time to pause and reflect."
"thanatoid" <waiting@the.exit.invalid> wrote in message
> http://www.oldversion.com/Acrobat-Reader.html
>
> (Although the Cadzow link is pretty impressive.)
>
> IMO you should use FoxIt Reader. Acrobat has become totally
> ridiculous.

That's version 6.0.1
That's why I added the link I did....it has 6.0.6

Adobe Reader got more bloated with every version, but FoxIt Reader was
subject to the same vulnerabilities.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

0
glee
5/10/2010 3:02:26 AM
"glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> wrote in

> "thanatoid" <waiting@the.exit.invalid> wrote in message
>> http://www.oldversion.com/Acrobat-Reader.html
>>
>> (Although the Cadzow link is pretty impressive.)
>>
>> IMO you should use FoxIt Reader. Acrobat has become
>> totally ridiculous.
>
> That's version 6.0.1
> That's why I added the link I did....it has 6.0.6

Yes, oldversion is far from perfect... Still, it's /something/.

> Adobe Reader got more bloated with every version, but FoxIt
> Reader was subject to the same vulnerabilities.

I still have AR 5.0.1.2 installed (the previous versions of
FoxIt had problems with some documents), and for some reason,
even though FoxIt is set as default, some sites will start
Acrobat when I click to DL a PDF.

I just close the reader immediately. I'm not sure how to disable
this idiotic action but it can probably be done by deleting a
DLL or two (probably nppdf32.dll), or editing Mozilla
pluginreg.dat, which Opera uses. I haven't bothered to figure it
out/do it since 95% of the time I use OffByOne for basic
surfing, so none of that stuff can happen.

WHO in their right mind would even /want/ to read a (possibly
quite long) PDF online? You DL the PDF and then you read it. To
me, it's just basic logic. Just like getting offline unless you
are actually DOING something.

--
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
time to pause and reflect."
 - Mark Twain
0
thanatoid
5/10/2010 10:02:45 AM
On May 8, 1:14=A0pm, "glee" <gle...@spamindspring.com> wrote:
> "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

> >On May 8, 5:10 am, philo <ph...@privacy.net> wrote:
> >> On 05/08/2010 06:34 AM, jaugust...@verizon.net wrote:> Hi,

> >> Adobe is very bloated
> >> you will probably be better off with Foxit
>
> >> it's a free download and will come up on Google
>
> > hear, hear to Foxit on Win98 !!
>
> Make sure if you use FoxIt Reader on Win98, that you have the latest
> updated version for that operating system, to patch the PDF exploit from
> March 2009. =A0The latest version for Win98 is FoxIt Reader 2.3 Build
> 4015:http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php
>
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP =A0Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+http://dts-l.net/

Thought it was worthwhile to share this battle with everyone!

I tried to keep Adobe 5.05 running to get by. But, last night I was
confronted with not being able to open several important new
style .pdf files, I tried Foxit, but got an error message?!  Never had
that happen before. Error showed a long list of somethings, one said
default, so I thought I needed to make FoxIt the default reader of fdf
files, too.  To do that, I'd kill 5.05 temporarily, but wait, no copy
to put it back!  Found copy of Adobe 6. so installed it as test, it
installed ok, but after installing 6. broke any Adobe from being able
to read ANY .pdf!  Late night panic set in, so, simply removed using
panel control all adobe.  But when tried to use Foxit, it still
wouldn't work!

Carefully reading the error message which looked like line command
entry, I did just that.
wnet to MSDOS window changed directories using Win98 form: cd progra~1
and moved around to the right program folder, Winows Explorer moved in
a sample of the file that had not worked previously and typed in the
command line form requested in the error message.  That opened the
document!  Even better, after that now double clicking opens *any* pdf
document.  So I am now no longer using Adobe Reader at all.
Everything opens using Foxit.

Thanks Glenn, great program, but just noticed my version is 2.0 build
1516  Is that bad?
0
Robert
7/2/2010 12:25:01 AM
On Jul 1, 5:25=A0pm, Robert Macy <m...@california.com> wrote:
> On May 8, 1:14=A0pm, "glee" <gle...@spamindspring.com> wrote:
>

> > "Robert Macy" <m...@california.com> wrote in message

..

> > > hear, hear to Foxit on Win98 !!
>
> > Make sure if you use FoxIt Reader on Win98, that you have the latest
> > updated version for that operating system, to patch the PDF exploit fro=
> > March 2009. =A0The latest version for Win98 is FoxIt Reader 2.3 Build
> > 4015:http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php
>
> > --
> > Glen Ventura, MS MVP =A0Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> > A+http://dts-l.net/
>
> Thought it was worthwhile to share this battle with everyone!
>
> I tried to keep Adobe 5.05 running to get by. But, last night I was
> confronted with not being able to open several important new
> style .pdf files, I tried Foxit, but got an error message?! =A0Never had
> that happen before. Error showed a long list of somethings, one said
> default, so I thought I needed to make FoxIt the default reader of fdf
> files, too. =A0To do that, I'd kill 5.05 temporarily, but wait, no copy
> to put it back! =A0Found copy of Adobe 6. so installed it as test, it
> installed ok, but after installing 6. broke any Adobe from being able
> to read ANY .pdf! =A0Late night panic set in, so, simply removed using
> panel control all adobe. =A0But when tried to use Foxit, it still
> wouldn't work!
>
> Carefully reading the error message which looked like line command
> entry, I did just that.
> wnet to MSDOS window changed directories using Win98 form: cd progra~1
> and moved around to the right program folder, Winows Explorer moved in
> a sample of the file that had not worked previously and typed in the
> command line form requested in the error message. =A0That opened the
> document! =A0Even better, after that now double clicking opens *any* pdf
> document. =A0So I am now no longer using Adobe Reader at all.
> Everything opens using Foxit.
>
> Thanks Glenn, great program, but just noticed my version is 2.0 build
> 1516 =A0Is that bad?

should have said, thanks glen  shows you how well i read and retain
0
Robert
7/2/2010 12:29:46 AM
Robert Macy unnecessarily quoted a lot of junk:

> Thought it was worthwhile to share this battle with everyone!
>
> I tried to keep Adobe 5.05 running to get by.

Why exactly are you doing that?

Acrobat reader 6 works just fine on windows 98.
"98 Guy" <98@Guy.com> wrote in message news:4C2D3995.910482DE@Guy.com...
> Acrobat reader 6 works just fine on windows 98.

It's been my default for years ... works fine here too!

0
none
7/2/2010 11:08:56 AM
On Jul 2, 4:08=A0am, "none" <nos...@bogusaddress.com> wrote:
> "98 Guy" <9...@Guy.com> wrote in messagenews:4C2D3995.910482DE@Guy.com...
> > Acrobat reader 6 works just fine on windows 98.
>
> It's been my default for years ... works fine here too!

Never has worked here.

Two installation attempts
1. when first downloaded
2. emergency attempt

neither got it working, so I gave up

glad it works for you, but does Adobe 6. read 'all' the pdf's?
0
Robert
7/2/2010 2:10:27 PM
Yes, it works fine with all PDF's I've opened. I have a business customer
which keeps their Acrobat up-to-date so there's frequent 'warnings' when a
PDF is opened that it may not display properly but I've never seen a
problem; even digital signatures on their purchase orders appear.

Just a thought; you may want to go into your registry if you are comfortable
with that (and if you have a backup, which you should as W98 automatically
makes five for you) and delete HKCU/software/Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat
keys. Do the same for HKLM/software/Acrobat etc

Then reinstall Acrobat 6.

One last thing; sometimes software can be installed in 'safe mode' and that
helps stops any potential install problems. May want to try that. There is
another install method; are you familiar with a (I believe it's called) a
'clean' boot (or install)? If you need to know more about it post back.

0
none
7/2/2010 7:34:07 PM
Robert Macy wrote:

> > > Acrobat reader 6 works just fine on windows 98.
> >
> > It's been my default for years ... works fine here too!
>
> Never has worked here.
> neither got it working, so I gave up

There must be some component on your system that is not current or
up-to-date.   Could be windows scripting host.

> glad it works for you, but does Adobe 6. read 'all' the pdf's?

I've had a handful of complex, form-input PDF's over the past few years
that Acrobat reader 6 hasn't been able to open.

Other than that, it's standard practice for Reader 6 to throw up the
"this PDF requires a newer version of Reader" message when it opens all
PDF's, without knowing for sure that it can't render them.  99.9% of the
time it can render them just fine.

I've read of a hack that can prevent that message from being displayed.

highest number #2
Hi, Let's keep the problem simple. I have one cell that uses an exchange rate from the internet. That cell changes every minute. What I want to do: In an other cell, I want to keep the highest exchange rate ever. So for example: 6:00 exchange rate = 5.00 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:01 exchange rate = 4.98 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:02 exchange rate = 5.02 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:03 exchange rate = 5.01 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:04 exchange rate = 5.03 -- highest exchange rate is 5.03 Of course nor for any minute I use a new cell, it just change the n...

Updates On Windows XP Pro From WSUS
We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Terry1337 wrote: > We are using WSUS to distribute our updates to our PC's. How do I > determine which update is not installing properly? Every time I > shut the computer off it is trying to install updates. Event Log. WSUS console. Etc... -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ...

Windows Live Messenger Failed because the service is temporarily u
I am getting an error code as well while trying to login. I have not found any reference to this error code on the web or in the microsoft database. Error code is 8e5e044d. ...

Outlook 2003 compatibility to Windows 7
Is Outlook 2003 compatible with Windows 7? Yes it is -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "sceri123" <sceri123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61F2D33C-1EBE-49A1-98C6-2D605B6996BF@microsoft.com... > Is Outlook 2003 compatible with Windows 7? ...

missing or broken reference to the file "mscomct2.ocx" version 2.0
MS Access 2007 - Windows 7 We have a small Access database on a small server accessed through work statons. We have recently changed our infastructure to a Windows 7 / Office 2007 platform. 2 PCs can access and utilize the database succesfully through Windows 7 / Office 2007. However when we try to open the database from other machines, we get an error message that "Your MS database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "mscomct2.ocx" version 2.0". To ensure that your database or project works properly, you must fix this refere...

My old Entourage dissapeared and opened a brand new version

Trouble Converting Trial Version to Full Version of Money Essentia
I downloaded the trial version of Money Essentials - when it expired I chose to purchase. It overwrote the trial version and now I can't open my files from the trial version that I have backed up from back up or restore - please help! One possibility, contraindicated by specifics of your question, is that you were using the trial Money + Deluxe and you bought/downloaded Money Essentials (MEss). This combination of circumstances would result in a data file (not a backup file) that could not be Opened. Have you tried just opening your data file rather than messing around with backu...

Great Plains Arbitrarily Switches to Outlook Window
Hello-- I am the systems administrator where I work and we have one GP client that has an issue that is stumping me. When she is working in GP and fills in any random field, her computer occasionally jumps to MS Outlook. She cannot duplicate what causes it because it is random, but she is always in GP and it always jumps to Outlook. I see no events in event viewer that would explain this and other than this issue, both GP and Outlook are working fine. We are running GP 8 on Windows Server 2003 with SQL 2000 and now 2005 and the client is running W XP Pro. Any help would be appreciat...

Trail Version of Exchange
Hello I have installed and i am test the trail verion of Exchange (180 days) How do i check how many days i have left, as i cannot remember when i installed this Thanks Andy One way to do this would be to fire up ADSIEdit and find out when the Exchange Server object was created in your Exchange Org in the Configuration naming context. Perhaps there are other ways as well, including app. event log... -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Andrew" <not@home.com> ...

Sum (throw out highest and lowest)
I am working on a contest scoring sheet for the California State Old Time fiddlers Association and it is contest policy to throw out the highest score and the lowest score and add the remaining middle (3) judges scores. (There are generally 5 judges - don't think there would ever be more than that.) The total of the middle three is used for future ranking points added to future scores, so "average" won't work in this application. Right now we are working this out manually - sure woudl be sweet to be able to have a formula that works it out for us. Thanks for any help. ...

Quattro Pro 8 - Office XP
Is there a converter to allow the use (read and write) of Quattro Pro 8 files in Excel 2002 in Windows XP? I have intalled the Quattro Pro 7 converter for Excel 2000 without much success. Hi AFAIK MS does not provide such a converter. Some options: - save the file in QP 8 as Excel file - check www.dataviz.org for a commercial converter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:18DAE8D6-377D-41E0-B7EF-78EF6D9F2A6B@microsoft.com... > Is there a converter to allow the use (read and write) of Quattro Pro 8 ...

Document Window Using Word
Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the screen comes up with a blank page -- with a blue border around it. Recently, the page has been smaller and longer with no blue border. Could someone help me to correct this problem? My thanks to you. Gabuie Sounds like the default accidentally got changed from Page Layout view to perhaps Normal view. If you change it back (View | Page Layout), it should save it for the future. If that doesn't work, what version of Word? DM "GA BUIE" wrote: > > Normally -- when I go into word -- for word processing the &...

Child With 2 Possible Parent Windows
I have a dialog window that is opened by one of 2 parent windows. Depending on which parent window it is, the display parameters are different. What's the best way to determine which parent window opened this window? I tried to use a handle to each and compare the handles, but no luck. CWnd* pWnd=GetParent(); HWND hWnd=pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); CWnd* pPlayWnd=GetWindow(IDD_PLAY); HWND hplayWnd=pPlayWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); if(pWnd==pPlayWnd)... or maybe if(&pWnd==&pPlayWnd)... Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402251129.1a2...

hello! Want to buy software Retail or OEM, Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, Corel Symantec
WE BUY SOFTWARE EMAIL: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> WITH ANY SOFTWARE OFFERS. Sellussoftware.com WTB: WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email: theebayshark@aol.com <mailto:theebayshark@aol.com> with what you have. WE...

How do I import copy of accounts to new company in GP version 8.0
Using MS SQL 2000 and Great Plains 8.0, how do I copy the chart of accounts from an existing company to a new company? I see TechKnowledges for other GP versions, but not for 8.0. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Different Versions Money 2005
3 months ago I downloaded as free trial the International Version of Money 2005. I liked it and I decided to purchase the full version. A reply to an email query to MS made it clear that it was not possible to download the full version and that I would have problems purchasing the box version (international/english) at a local retailer. I live in France at the moment and decided to purchase Money 2005 in French (only available version here). I assumed that I can use the data file myMoney1.mny from the trial version. When I want to open the file in Money I get an Error Message stating th...

redefine rich edit's version
I'm using vc6. the default version of rich edit in vc6 is 1.0. I have installed newer SDK so that I can use newer version of rich edit control, version 2.0. But I can't tell vc6 that I want to use version 2.0 of rich edit control until I find the solution of adding this code " #undef _RICHEDIT_VER #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0200 " right after the line of "#include <afxwin.h> " Here comes my question: why shoud I redefine that macro RIGHT AFTER including <afxwin.h>? I know _RICHEDIT_VER is defined 0x0100 in afxwin.h, but I think it should be ok to redefin...

Word 2007 Versions
Hello, Can someone please provide the list of Word 2007 versions (12.0.xxx.xxxx or whatever the format is) for those versions of Word that shipped (were distributed) before January 11, 2010? Also, if a user receives one of those versions and then installs the mandatory patch, does the version number change? If so, to what? ...

Can't register Windows Scripting Host with Windows 7
I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host. The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista but on Windows 7 produces this error. C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5 Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards. You should always know the redist. situation with any file before you ship it -- and not just on the level of hearsay. Sorry if that sounds scolding, but we're shipping files to other ...

Shared folders on windows server 2003
hello, i´m new on server technologies, I only deal with desktop most of the time, so if you need more info about the issue, please ask. I have a windows server 2003 r2 64 bits equipment set only as file server (using simple shared folders with username/password protection) on a workgroup (no domain). Yesterday it suddently disable users to access the server. they can ping the server name, ping the ip, but cannot browse shared folders, they got time out, and doesn´t get the username/password promt. locally, I can browse without problems \\localhost\ and all sh...

Making the ReplaceSel "act" like a typical Windows Program.
Hello, Here's something I would really like to get working. If I run this code, It works as far as adding it to the window. It scrolls nicely upon adding. But try and scroll back after it's been added and it falls apart. The Global::g_bdraw is a boolean thats been added because ReplaceSel will "paint" until the program crashes the system!? I'm using CEditView. I invoke the painting with InvalidateRect and UpdateWindow. void CMyView::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting if( Global::g_bdraw ) { // Paint only when asked. ...

highest second highest and third highest
Hello.. I have one lists of number in A1:A7 and a list of words in B1:B7. I need to find the highest, second highest and third highest value in these lists and display the value and the word next to it in cell C1,C2, D1,D2 and E1,E2 respectively. However, there are same values for highest, second highest and third highest in these list. If the value is the same, can I have it separated? For example: A1 B1 100 Car 100 Bus Assuming both 100 is the highest. I want both Car and Bus to be shown in cell C1. Possible ?Or any o...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style #2
Hi, I have a dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with the visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region when I move the application out of the screen; only if I go to the bottom of the screen. It's OK if I go out by the right side. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Do you know how could I solve this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks It's a known problem in XP (non-client area is erased incorrectly between scrollbars). Will it ever get fixed? I would not bet on it. &qu...

different version of office
I just recently got a new computer and new software. I find that my new Office XP program does not include all of the things I enjoyed with Microsoft Office 2000 - Small Business, such as many more fonts, business card templates, etc. Can I load the programs from the old discs onto my new computer? Or can I transfer the program somehow from my old computer to the new one? Easy on the jargon, please -- I'm a little slow that way. Thanks so much to anyone who can clue me in. You can install your Office 2000 discs, but then you will have two versions of Office installed. You m...

Project Server file versions
In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a schedule? Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to have a similar capability. I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those changes. How would I get back? I suppose one soluti...