Flash Player for Windows 98

I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Adobe
has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users.  I do
appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy users.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html

(Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
available in newsgroups)
win98.gen_discussion 237 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jun 15, 4:48=A0pm, Dan <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Ad=
obe
> has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users. =A0I do
> appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy use=
rs.

> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
>
> (Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
> available in newsgroups)

some one recommended using SoThink.  I use SoThink 2.3 and have
excellent results: full screen and slider control

If fast enough, youtube doesn't even notice you're 'out of date'
0
Robert
6/16/2010 12:23:34 AM
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:48:52 -0700, Dan
<Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Adobe
>has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users.  I do
>appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy users.
>
>http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
>
>(Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
>available in newsgroups)

Thank you for this.

I had been muddling through, using the BBC iPlayer to listen to
Radio 7 and Radio 4 online, by switching back and forth between
the "normal" and "lower bandwidth" versions.  Until today, this
had always tricked it into using my old Flash player even though
it often /says/ I have to use a later version.  Ridiculous!

But today, I actually couldn't listen to "I'm Sorry I Haven't A
Clue" until I looked to this newsgroup in desperation and found
this article.

The new version works a treat.  Thanks again!

--
Angus Rodgers
0
"Angus Rodgers" wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:48:52 -0700, Dan
> <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I just wanted to make sure everyone has updated their flash player and Adobe
> >has released a new Flash Player 9 for Windows 98 legacy users.  I do
> >appreciate this gesture from Adobe to help continue to support legacy users.
> >
> >http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406791.html
> >
> >(Users are asked to use proper safety measures before clicking web-links
> >available in newsgroups)
>
> Thank you for this.
>
> I had been muddling through, using the BBC iPlayer to listen to
> Radio 7 and Radio 4 online, by switching back and forth between
> the "normal" and "lower bandwidth" versions.  Until today, this
> had always tricked it into using my old Flash player even though
> it often /says/ I have to use a later version.  Ridiculous!
>
> But today, I actually couldn't listen to "I'm Sorry I Haven't A
> Clue" until I looked to this newsgroup in desperation and found
> this article.
>
> The new version works a treat.  Thanks again!
>
> --
> Angus Rodgers
> .

Your welcome.  I am glad I could help.

windows mail
windows mail keeps telling there is an (An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.windstream.net', Server: 'pop.windstream.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005) can any one help i have every tning i can think of in geting this to work end the identities will not work they keep saying imported or delited and can not go now were there eather thank you "Unknown error" is usually caused by interference from an antivirus=20 program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should b...

Flash cards (Mail merge on 2 sided cards with multiple cards per s
I want to make a set of flash cards (3.5" x 2") with a term on one side and a definition on the back side. I have all the terms and definitions in a spreadsheet. I want to use sheets of tear apart business cards (10 cards per 8.5" x 11" sheet) Each sheet will create 10 flash cards with a unique term on one side and definition on the back side. I understand how to set up a mail merge but if I select “multiple COPIES per sheet” the front and back of the cards are printed properly (definition and the term match) but I get 10 copies of the same card per page. If I s...

Flashing Label
Hi, I would like to make a label flash to remind the user to complete an action. I know that it’s annoying and that it isn’t good for epilepsy people. All of that aside I would like to have it flash when the on focus is on a text box then when its off focus the flashing stops. Can someone please help me accomplish this. Any help would be appreciative thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:20:34 GMT, Jesse via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hi, > I would like to make a label flash to remind the user to complete an > ...

The Constant Core Windows
Hai, I Work on VC++,MFC 6.0 and i have the following question As so many Micosoft languages keeps comming(lie VC++ 7.NET,C# etc) iam not sure how to update my knowlege and also as i want to stick to Windows,can any one please let me know what is the basic core which will be constant, no matter how many languages are there in Windows.Please let me know your expert advice. Any links/Journals would be helpful Thanks and Regards suresh assembly langua...

Modify Sales>Order window to add button/action
Is there a way to modify the Sales>Order window (where it shows all the orders and you can select different views in the upper right) to do the following: We want to be able to select multiple orders from this view and then call we custom aspx page or a web service by either clicking a button or selecting an action under More Actions. The salesorderid of all selected orders will need to be passed to this webpage/webservice. Is this possible? If this is done via the ISV.config, can you give me some sample code to show how? I know how to add a button on an individual record. Thank...

stop macro from flashing sheets
Good afternoon! I have a macro that refers to multiple sheets. As it goes along in the process, the sheets flash on the screen. This has caused some of the users discomfort. Is there a way to show only 1 sheet (user interface) or a blank screen or a progress bar or hourglass or something so the flashing will not occur. Thank you for any help. as usual, POST your code snippet for comments and suggestions. Probably you need to quit selecting and/or suppress screen updating. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "frendabrenda1" <frendabrenda1@discussions.micro...

text boxes appear to be flashing on my form
Hi there, I am building a form which has multiple tabs on in. In these tabs are various sub-forms and text boxes for data gathering and reporting. One of my tabs is a summary tab where I have a bunch of text boxes that link to the different sub forms and gather the important pieces of information I need for the summary tab. These text boxes would have a control sources something like this: =Forms!MainForm!SubForm!txtSomeData I have about 50 text boxes on my summary tab now and I've noticed some interesting behaviours as the number of text boxes grows. I don't have any codi...

Modified Flash DLL available here (makes Flash 9 look like Flash 10)
Some websites now require that you have Flash version 10 instead of version 9. Flash 10 won't install on win-98 unless you have installed a third-party API helper like KernelEx. However, a simple modification done to the main Flash DLL (NPSWF32.dll) will make it appear that you have flash 10 when you really have flash 9. The modified file is available here: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/19/2010382/NPSWF32.ZIP The password to unzip that file is "a" (no quotes). After you unzip it, rename it to NPSWF32.dll. Copy it over-top your existing file with the ...

Windows license validation
I am having problems with resolving windows validation issues. My PC was upgraded with new memory and now won't accept my license as valid. When I click on the links provided to validate nothing happens because windows explorer will not function. When i go to the site to resolve issues I am unable to download the validation detector. I cannot telephone support because I am hearing impaired. I sent an email to support but the reply had more links for resolving issues. I am at a loss as to where to go from here. This is not a Media Center related problem. Anyway see if the f...

Windows 7
I have seen solutions for this problem in Vista but can't seem to find and specific instructions on how to fix this problem in Windows 7. The problem - Wod worked fin for about three months then suddenly I can no longer use the mouse to edit text in word. I still have the ability to select items on the menu at the top, but not in some of the submenus. I cannot select of edit text in any way with the mouse. I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft 2007 student edition on a Dell desktop with a Dell mouse. Any help would be appreciated!!!! The instructions for Windows 7 are ...

migrate messages from Windows Mail to Outlook
I tried to follow the instructions at - well I closed the window - but I need a little help migrating the messages without messing up the message dates. Sorry for such an elementary question. Terry "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67F65D74-648F-480C-B40A-B11EF601B6F8@microsoft.com... >I tried to follow the instructions at - well I closed the window - but I need > a little help migrating the messages without messing up the message dates. > > Sorry for such an elementary question. If you have Windows Mail and Outlook...

Catching window move
Hello, I have created a sample dialog based MFC application. I wanted to make it unable to move the dialog window. For that in that dialog calss the have defined PreTranslateMessage() to catch WM_MOVE or WM_MOVING, but when i run the apllication and move the dialog by puttin g focus on title bar, these messages are not fired by windows. what should i need to do to disable dialog(with titlebar) move? Regards, Manohar Handle WM_NCHITTEST. -- ====== Arman "Manu" wrote: > Hello, > I have created a sample dialog based MFC application. I > ...

notification sounds loaded to windows media player and will not de
Apparently all 900 of the notification sounds that my coputer makes, ie dings for low battery and so on... Got loaded on to my music player and now I can not remove them... please HELP!! -- Scott Machowski Hi Scott, Did you perhaps tell media player to "search for media files" on your computer?. Gotta remember, these things are machines, and they are dumb. They will do exactly what you tell them to do, even if that means looking in directories that you didn't realize that they were going to look. Take heart though..... all is not lost. Windows simply copied the L...

Problems with Publisher 2000 and Windows 2000
One of my clients started having problems with Microsoft Publisher 2000 last week. Whenvever she tries to run it on her Windows 2000 box, Windows installer comes up and asks her to insert her office CD, she does, and then she receives an error message saying "The installation source for this product is not available." She is an administrator of her own machine, but ironically, the user "administrator" can run publisher without any problem. I have had this problem with the first disk of Office 2000 in the past, and microsoft was able to resolve it by sending a pr...

Lexar USB Flash ("Jump") Drives and Windows 98
Hi, I posted this (below) last year in Sept. I thought perhaps it can help someone who also uses Lexar "Jump" drives. Note: I did not buy another Lexar "Jump" drive after I posted this: I am a very active user of Windows 98se, and Lexar's "Jump" USB flash drives. Lexar's web site, the last time I checked over a year ago, provided the Win98 driver, but "JDUSBMS.INI" did not include the newer flash drives. What was missing is the PID in the .INI file of some of the newer Lexar flash drives (the ones I bought). ...

The Windows Menu button on the keyboard.
Hi there. When I have a CListCtrl control and using OnNMRclickListCtrl - NM_RCLICK to detect a mouse right click in the CListCtrl. But when I use the "Windows Menu" button on my keyboard - The button to right of 'Alt Gr' and the 'Windows' nothings happen. who-to ? - Do I checket in PreTranslateMessage for the button and what is the VK_* name for that button? Kind regard Kim >When I have a CListCtrl control and using OnNMRclickListCtrl - NM_RCLICK to >detect a mouse right click in the CListCtrl. >But when I use the "Windows Menu" button ...

Start menu explorer window missing toolbars
Hi When I right clcik on the start button and select explore, an explorer window opens but there are no toolbars, just a window with frames, folders and files. How can I get these back? Thanks Cathy F11 cathy wrote: > Hi > When I right clcik on the start button and select explore, an explorer > window opens but there are no toolbars, just a window with frames, folders > and files. > How can I get these back? > Thanks Cathy Control Panel Folder Options View tab Click Reset All Folders and see if that fixes it "cathy" <cathy@d...

A title of an MDI-Window
Hi everybody, I would like to consult somebody about the following : In an C++ MDI application, I need to change a title of a document window during it is displayed on screen. I use for that purpose this line : ptr->GetDocument()->SetTitle(caption.GetBuffer()); // where ptr is a CMyView* - pointer to my view class The effect appears only after a further doc window has been created and activated; then after changing back to the first window with the altered title one can see the altered text... My question is : how to achieve the immediate effect right then when I need it ? Many th...

Access XP & Windows 98/ME
I have an applicaton that uses a run-time version of Access XP that I wish to run on Windows 98 and/or Millenium. Is this possible and if so how do I go about it? As long as you can install the database with the Access runtime files you can use XP database with Windows 98/ME. -- G Vaught "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:768501c47663$db1bf960$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have an applicaton that uses a run-time version of > Access XP that I wish to run on Windows 98 and/or > Millenium. > > Is this possible and if so how do I ...

Import contacts&msgs to Outlook from Windows Live Mail in Vista
I have Windows lIve Mail on Vista and would like to export the contacts, messages and other folders (with stored messages) to files that can then be imported into Outlook. Can't seem to find any references to help or maybe it's just obvious. Don't know and could use some help. The files are huge and WLM is starting to act a little strangely. ...

Sending Flash Movie
Hi, can anyone help me, I want to send an embedded flash movie by windows email. Any help appreciated:D -- bbadger You basically can't. Virtually every mail reader will strip <object> tags out of emails as they are a security risk. Colin Brown WL MVP "bbadger" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:121523d1d5a2fc732859c0d87e264f16@nntp-gateway.com... > > Hi, can anyone help me, I want to send an embedded flash movie by > windows email. Any help appreciated:D > > > -- > bbadger ...

Windows Live Messenger: Logs Unspecified Error When Saving/Deletin
I have been having issues trying to save or delete logs from a friends conversation. Everytime I close the conversation, the screen pops up asking me to save older messages or delete, and choosing either of them pops up another screen saying Unspecified Error. Is there any solution to this, I have been kinda annoyed by this. Link to box that pops up: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/Areno/Untitled-1.jpg This is the screen that shows up after i try saving or deleting. Greetings, You'll get this message if it can't parse the XML - for instance, if some binary...

Pulling up menu in another window
Help! This is a repost with some updated information... I have an application with multiple CFrameWnd derived windows: one for the main window (CMainFrame), another for an editor that can pop up that has its own menu, toolbar, and splitter. Everything works fine (has for years) except that the editor's menu cannot be accessed from the keyboard. Specifically, pressing Alt+F pulls up the menu item from the main CFrameWnd window--even when the editor window has the focus. - I've tried calling BeginModalState() from the editor. This only seems to set the modal state for the main win...

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

How to rip Blu-ray DVD Avatar to WD TV HD Media Player supported file formats?
[img]http://www.leawo.com/images/blu-ray/wd-tv-hd-media-player1.jpg[/img] How to rip Blu-ray DVD Avatar to WD TV HD Media Player supported file formats? Avatar Blu-ray was released worldwide last month and it was rumored to come with the latest encryption level to block Blu-ray ripping. However, [b][url=http://www.leawo.com/blu-ray-ripper/]Leawo Blu-ray Ripper[/url][/b] has succeeded in bypassing the AACS blockade to rip Avatar Blu-ray to various formats needed by users to enjoy the amazing movie in different ways. With [b]Leawo [url=http://www.leawo.com/blu-ray-ripper/]Blu-ray Ripper[/url]...