A general officer is an officer

A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term or
equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General can be
used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or it can
specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called general.

--
ramki
0

ramki wrote:
> A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term
> or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General
> can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or
> it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called
> general.

Is this an invasion?

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,

0
PCR
1/31/2010 1:16:11 AM
On 1/30/2010 20:16, PCR wrote:
> ramki wrote:
>> A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term
>> or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General
>> can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or
>> it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called
>> general.
>
> Is this an invasion?

I think he's trying to start a discussion about generals.. where else
would you post but in a newsgroup for general discussion.

0
Bill
1/31/2010 4:39:40 AM
Maybe he need to look for a high rank general like XP for his discussion.
end of this discussion!

"Bill Blanton" <bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote in message
> On 1/30/2010 20:16, PCR wrote:
>> ramki wrote:
>>> A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term
>>> or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General
>>> can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or
>>> it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called
>>> general.
>>
>> Is this an invasion?
>
> I think he's trying to start a discussion about generals.. where else
> would you post but in a newsgroup for general discussion.

0
Hot
1/31/2010 6:22:48 AM
On 01/29/2010 4:27 AM, ramki wrote:
> A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term or
> equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General can be
> used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or it can
> specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called general.

Wrong group for Linux Colonels, maybe Major Malfunction?
0
Airman
1/31/2010 1:32:44 PM
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 23:39:40 -0500, Bill Blanton
<bblanton@REMOVEmagicnet.net> wrote:

>On 1/30/2010 20:16, PCR wrote:
>> ramki wrote:
>>> A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term
>>> or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General
>>> can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or
>>> it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called
>>> general.
>>
>> Is this an invasion?
>
>I think he's trying to start a discussion about generals.. where else
>would you post but in a newsgroup for general discussion.

I haven't known any generals since I took General Math in high school.

My next door neighbor keeps talking to me about Private Property,
whoever he is.

0
mm
2/3/2010 4:12:27 AM
Bill Blanton wrote:
> On 1/30/2010 20:16, PCR wrote:
>> ramki wrote:
>>> A general officer is an officer of very high military rank. The term
>>> or equivalent is used by nearly every country in the world. General
>>> can be used as a generic term for all grades of general officer, or
>>> it can specifically refer to a single rank that is simply called
>>> general.
>>
>> Is this an invasion?
>
> I think he's trying to start a discussion about generals.. where else
> would you post but in a newsgroup for general discussion.

Ohhhh -- you're right! And here I'd gone running for the hills!

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
Naturally, you will not sue,
Should things get worse after this,
PCR
pcrrcp@netzero.net

0
PCR

general question!
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header area between the list of emails and the previewed email. However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on the attachment-email, in the information viewer the little attachment icon is no longer on the header. Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has an attachment from the information viewer. This is more annoying more than anything els...

Trouble upgrading from Office X to Office 2004
I can't upgrade from Office X to Office 2004. I have a G4 running OS 10.4.10, with 15GB of free space. Office X resides on an external HD, not in my Application folder. The set up assistant starts but quits after just a few seconds with a long, involved error report. I moved Office X from the external HD to my Applications folder and then ran the set up assistant. No luck. I tried dragging the Office 2004 folder from the CD to my Applications folder and then starting up Excel 2004 with the same result. Any ideas on how to get the upgrade to work? BTW my computer has a second internal H...

Outlook / Exchange out of office
I use outlook / exchange at work. I've just experienced, again, the irritating situation where I send an email to a colleague addressed via the corporate Global Address List only to have the out of office notification returned to me. I now have to go to my sent mail box, find the mail that I sent and resend it to the original addressee's boss for action. It would be most useful if one of the following could happen instead of the simple 'J Bloggs is out of the office until monday': a) when I enter the address in the To: line and hit Ctrl+K for name checking, if I could...

Microsoft Office 2003 Outlook
I have just migrated from Outlook Express to Office 2003 Outlook. Regular customer lead emails I receive include the prospective customers email address - since changing over the email addresses are no longer active links - how can I rectify this? what is the message format? if html, do they have mailto tags? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

Postcard indicating an office move.
I am looking for a good layout for sending out a mailing letting my clients know that I have moved. Have you tried the built in templates? Lots of Word templates you could adapt http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=moved -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tim Roe" <Tim Roe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BB621D1-584D-4539-ACD9-1A8D810953D6@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a good layout for sending out a mailing letting my clients > know that I have ...

Can I convert publisher 98 document into Office 2000?
Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it. Want to be able to use it in Office 2000. It won't let me. How do I do this, or why can't I. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 20:15:30 +0000, Rose wrote (in article <73D82831-0340-4C2C-B4A9-37590EDAC797@microsoft.com>): > Have publisher 98 w/letterhead in it. Want to be able to use it in Office > 2000. It won't let me. How do I do this, or why can't I. <sigh> Another idiot who thinks we're psychic. What does "it won't let me" mean? Do you receive any errors. Do you have NAV and, if so, have you disabled th...

mac office versions
could someone please help me to differentiate between the full version of mac office 2004 and the student teacher version of the same. thank you. In article <1112194107.780366.240990@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, nslevitz@earthlink.net wrote: > could someone please help me to differentiate between the full version > of mac office 2004 and the student teacher version of the same. thank > you. The Standard version and the Student/Teacher version are identical except for licensing and the price. The Standard version has one license, which allows for installation on one des...

Out of Office Assistant error
Hi, We have one user who is getting errors on when trying to turn on her Out of Office Assistant. "Changes to the rule could not be saved. There is not enough memory or the rules are too complex, try deleting some rules." The strange thing is that even though it doens't allow her to set it up, when she exits Outlook and goes back she gets a prompt asking if she wants to keep it on. We have tried OWA, a new Outlook profile and a different machine. This problem occurs no matter what so it is definitely related to her mailbox and not to Outlook. There are no rules that a...

General
I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is doing that -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Usin...

unable to install office 2003 on Vista
Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 will not load on Windows Vista Home Premium - During installation it comes up with an error message wanting a file called CS561404.CAB Please help Did you uninstall any Office Trial & Activation Assistant, then reboot, before installing your paid for version? "Steve Grech" <SteveGrech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:427C2C65-E6A3-4CCC-8349-7AD963EA8CD1@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 will not load on Windows > Vista Home Premium - During installati...

Office XP Assistant
I have Office XP and Outlook 2003. For some reason the Office assistant doesn't work with PowerPoint, Word and Excel anymore, it works fine with Outlook. When I launch the program it tells me that there is no Office Assistant and that I should Run Setup in Maintenance Mode. How do I do that? Thanks Run Detect and Repair from Outlook's Help Menu. You'll need to have your Office CD handy. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:048301c3...

my office is not working properley cant send or recive e-mails
i try to write e-mails and it says that i do not have permision i have redone my account and tested it i can get the mail online and said the test was ok but still cant use outlook "dougie" <dougie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27698673-A559-408F-9793-8171B3B29DB1@microsoft.com... > i try to write e-mails and it says that i do not have permision i have > redone > my account and tested it i can get the mail online and said the test was > ok > but still cant use outlook Outlook version? Windows version? Email account type? ...

Office for Mac 2008 and 2004
Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for the Mac is compatible with Access? Gail@officeformac.com <Gail@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for > the Mac is compatible with Access? Microsoft was rather late to the game with Access. By the time they developed it for Windows, FileMaker was so well-entrenched in the Mac market that Microsoft decided not to try and compete. So to answer your question: look into FileMaker Pro. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Fi...

Activating Office 2007
I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007. Time for activation by internet. I get an message saying there was a communication error, try again in a few minutes. I googled the error and found that a possibility was the firewall. Windows' OWN firewall is blocking its activation, and as soon as I turned off the firewall, it went through no problem. That's dumb guys. Lots of programs cause a window to open asking if I want to allow access or not. But for microsoft activation I get this cryptic error. Your OS and apps really need to work better togethe...

vbAdvance general dll problem
I want to create a plugin for an external application in VB6. To do this I create a regular dll, export the necessary functions and compile the dll. So far so good. The problem comes when I developed a second plugin (also in vb6 with vbAdvance) and try to load both in the external application. The first plugin is loaded fine, but the second fails with error 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS). I traced the problem to the code that starts the required vb stuff, in MRuntimeInit: ... pGetClass = GetProcAddress(hMod, "DllGetClassObject") If pGetClass Then CopyMemory pCall, InitDelegato...

Upgrade from bundled Office Test Drive
My father-in-law has an iMac he purchased last year. The 30-day Office Test Drive has long expired and he's now contemplating purchasing Office 2004. It appears that one must have _licenced_ version of an Office app in order to _upgrade_ vice install a full-up version. I also note that he'll need to remove the Test Drive folder prior to install of the new software. He's looking to me for some assistance and I'm thinking that he'll need to purchase the full-up version. Any thoughts and/or advice would be much appreciated. -Will Hi Will - If he has never had a licen...

out of office how to
The Out of Office Assistant only works with servers equipped with Microsoft Exchange software. If your mail client is POP3, etc., the OOA is unavailable. You can, however, use the Rules Wizard to create a auto-response message (ARM) that performs a similar function. Caveats: This ARM is generated by your computer (not your ISP), so your PC must be up and running in your absence. If your only computer is a notebook, and you're travelling with it, you're out of luck. All the usual warnings about PC security apply; firewall, disable file sharing, etc. Also disable any Hibernation fea...

Office Help Web Site font sizes
I find that on my laptop the font sizes on the Office Help Web Site are extremely large. It does not happen with other sites. Even making the font the smallest and changing the screen resolution does not help Is it my laptop or something else? Never mind It was the high contrast thing in accessibility ----- Pilkey wrote: ---- I find that on my laptop the font sizes on the Office Help Web Site are extremely large. It does not happen with other sites. Even making the font the smallest and changing the screen resolution does not help Is it my laptop or something e...

Office 2004 and PDF Toolbar
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3167221863_3407560 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Does one have to re-install Adobe Acrobat after Office 2004? When I launch Word, the PDF Toolbar is no longer there, even though �PDFMaker� is checked under the �Tools -> Templates and Add-Ins...� menu item. -- Cheers Scott --B_3167221863_3407560 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quot...

MS Office References
Hi, I am finding the task of finding complete reference information on the various office dialog boxes like looking for a needle in a haystack. I would like to see a reference for the various office programs that lists the available dialog boxes and all elements pertaining to those boxes that can be customized and the appropriate syntax for that element. For example wdDialogFileOpen, wdDialogFileSaveAs, msoFileDialogSaveAs, etc. Does such a reference exits? If so, where is it located? -- Thanks for your help. Eileen What exists is a VBA help topic called "Built-i...

Everytime I open an Office application I get an error message, please help!!!
Hi I've had office for my mac for about 4 months, at some point in the last 2 weeks everytime I try to open word, or excell I get an error message "the program has unexpectly quit" any idea or suggestions please help! Hi Dan, It will help us help you if you post back with some additional information. What version of Office? What version of MacOS? Have you installed any new fonts or software that installs foonts lately? -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> Dan Goldberg wrote: > Hi > I'v...

alt.windows7.general
Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. But it now has it's own news group. alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Canuck57 wrote this, with guidance from inner voices: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Just couldn't leave them in peace, could ya? -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. Canuck57 wrote: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general ...

Report on select general ledger accounts, that are not sequential.
There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger accounts. These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have to print much more than is needed or may separate reports. It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be generated, using some type selection criteria other than account number,segment or date. Example: We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of general ledger numbers. I'd like to pull all accounts related to mort...

Legally selling my copy of Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have installed Office 2008 using all three product keys. Two were used on my Mac and one on my wife's. I want to stop using the program altogether, remove it from our computers, sell it, and make sure that the buyer can install his three copies. Can I legally sell it? What is the procedure to ensure that, as far as Microsoft is concerned, the new owner owns it and I don't? Any help is greatly appreciated! Mark Maisonneuve Yes, you are allowed to sell it as long as it is a copy you actually purchased (or was...

Office 2000 Professional
I have used the template wizard to set up templates in Excel 2000 to automatically store data in an Access 2000 database. Works on at all workstations except one. This machine has Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 Professional loaded and running. Can open the template files ok but when I attempt to save by using "File" then "Save as" the message I receive is: Banner = Template Wizard, Message is: Cannot open Database File. I have copied the database file directly to the workstation to it's hard drive and have tried to create a template using template w...