Windows Not Starting Past Loading Bar

New to the forums, hope this is the right place for this.

For the last few days, I haven't been able to start Windows past the
green loading bar. The first couple of days when I tried to turn on the
computer it would take me to an 'Error Start Up' screen where I would
try to restart using safe mode or something.

Now though, it does the blue HP screen, then goes black with a grey
green loading bar.

This has happened to me once before, although, it was fixed in just a
couple of days. I removed the main power cord and left it out for a day
and when I tried again, it worked. I've tried doing that now, but no
such luck.

I'm sorry I can't be any more specific. I'm not at all savvy about any
of this stuff. I just want to use my computer again.

Any help? Please?

I have an HP desktop. I've had it for a couple of years now. It's quite
possible that it could have some type of virus.

Thanks.

--
fearthephenom
0

Hi

Take a look at those tutorial:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html?ltr=S

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html?ltr=S

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/65361-memory-diagnostics-tool.html?ltr=M

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76905-system-restore-how.html?ltr=S

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/141820-create-recovery-disc.html?ltr=C

--
theog
0

--
fearthephenom
0
fearthephenom;1211096 Wrote:
> Tried doing the Startup Repair, but when my computer gets to the blue HP
> screen, I can't get to the System Recovery. I hit F11, but nothing. The
> other options work though, like F10 & ESC.

Try hitting F8.

--
theog
0
theog;1211116 Wrote:

> Try hitting F8.

Tried that after I posted, but nothing happened.

--
fearthephenom
0

I'm sorry. I'm so lost. lol.

--
fearthephenom
0

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/141820-create-recovery-disc.html?ltr=C

--
theog
0
theog
1/8/2010 4:16:20 PM
Finally. I've fixed the problem. For now at least. Thanks for the help.

I used the System Recovery and got it to start up.

--
fearthephenom
0

Problem with starting Word 2007
I have a recurring problem with Word 2007. Every few days (I haven't figured out a pattern yet) Word 2007 will not start. All that shows up is the Word 2007 splash screen. In order to get past this I have to remove the normal.dotm file and reboot. Then I can bring up Word 2007. This problem started a few weeks ago and I have not installed anything new on the computer. I'm runnin Windows7 and MSOffice 2007. I've removed a few add-ons in order to pinpoint the issue but so far no luck. Questions: Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have suggestions of wha...

Windows live mail

Cut and paste in Dialog Item
Hi, Thank in advance I have dialog with some different dialog items such as EditBox, ComboBox, and such. I could not use the cut and paste to get the text to and from other programs or within the program. Is there a easy way to get this function to work? Thanks again Henry This article discusses the concepts in general terms.. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnppc2k/html/ppc_board.asp ...

reinstalling windows

Windows Vista

Just started!
Project Cash Flow http://www.projectcashflow.com/index2.php?siteId=1288 ...

Is it possible to show the week numbers starting from April
Says it all really. No, you can't set week 1 to occur in April "NickTheBatMan" <nickw7coc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1143642773.857917.97470@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Says it all really. So all we can do is to set it to show the week from the start of the year, not very helpful to me... Any type of workround or is MS going to enable something like this for the millions of business users who would find this invaluable ? TIA Nick ...

open windows

Auto-wrap after copy/paste and Merging
Is there a way to turn back on the auto-wrap feature after merging cells, or copy/pasting into them? We have the auto-wrap feature turned on, auto height, and still no word wrap when typing in new data. TIA BJ BJ Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson. http://makeashorterlink.c...

publisher cannot load files from a different version... HELP
i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? Thanks in advance! Bob TubMaster wrote: > i got an email from a friend and i am trying to open it, but i get "publisher > cannot load files from a different version". I have Publisher 97. > Is there anything that I can do besides buying an updated version? > > Thanks in advance! > Bob nope, with what you got... ask your friend to make a pdf o...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Repeated Loading Of Bitmaps
I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the following code once: VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have to re-initialize m_bmp? Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402132037.16f355e5@posting.google.com... > I need to load bitmaps at runtime, and it seems I can only use the > following code once: > > VERIFY(m_bmp.LoadBitmap(IDB_CARD)); > m_pic_1.SetBitmap(m_bmp); > > If I try in a second loop, I get an error. Do I have ...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

cut and paste or something more elaborate
Folks, Can you help me make my mind up on how to go about moving small blocks of data from nearly 88 worksheets to one central worksheet. I'm trying to learn excel and VBA and I've found some examples using small snippets of code to write values from one cell to another. I thought this might be a good excuse to try and expand my horizons beyond the cut-and-paste operations. I will be moving data from 88 different worksheets in 5 workbooks to a single worksheet. Once the data are copied, I will have need to maintain the original worksheets (in case that matters). Also, I ...

My places Bar
Hello, I am using office 2003, Recently I noticed that the "my places" bar has disappeared. I have looked everywhere on how to put it back and have had no luck. I have done registry entries with no luck. I did not install any recent software. I have also tryed to repair office aswell. Any thoughts? Thanks, I do not think the "My Places" bar is a default toolbar, but rather a custom toolbar that you (or a predecessor) installed. Perhaps the file for it got deleted? -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped y...

Windows update error

Vanishing menu bar
Hello! I have an application written using MFC and VC++ 6.0 showing some weird behavior I don't understand. On some computers the main menu items on the menu bar turn invisible. The menu bar is actually there (I can see it as an empty gray bar above the toolbar) and if I click where the main (root) menu items should be they are opened correctly showing the submenus, but the main menu items are not displayed. So far I have observed this behavior on only two computers, one running XP and one with NT but on all other computers I have tested with (6 of them, all with XP) the problem di...