Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script ?

I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script,
IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power.
and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to
A/C power.
I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as
my triggers.

Can any one help ?

0
hls
12/19/2009 1:20:28 PM
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Excel 2003 shutdown in Windows Vista
I have recently bought a new IBM Thinkpad R60 with Vista preinstalled. I bought Office Professional 2003. It seems to be working fine with all office programs. Howeever when having opened Excel 2003 and pressing the NEW button, Excel shutsdown. I get the message that Excel has stopped working and I select to do a search on the web for a solution. None is found. Anyone have a tip for solving this? Thank you No tip for solving this specific problem, but here's steps to Excel troubleshooting: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm I have never used Vis...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

OL 2003 button: schedule automatic send/receive
Would like to add a macro to toggle automatic send/receive in the current profile. Action would be equivalent to checking/unchecking Setting for groups "All Accounts" - Schedule automatic send/receive (or perhaps toggle interval between zero, non-zero?). Thanks for any ideas. George ...

stop script if dates are missing, edit help...
Below is my scipt: It asks for a two sets of date ranges, both from column J, and then it does the rest. Script works, no problem.. After the two sets of dates are entered for the range of column J, it confirms the date Ranges, user clicks OK and then it goes on to the next step. I want it to change so that, If I enter let's say: starting range: 1/1/2005 ending range: 3/1/2005 (from column J) it would confirm the dates like it does now, but after the user pressed ok, it would stop the script and pop-out a box saying: Calculation can't be performed, missing Dates in selected Rang...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Vista Updates fail over and over
This "operating" system has done it again. Since I am only using the operating system, not office, Internet explorer, etc, I have elected to manage the updates to my system. I do all security and operating system updates when recommended. Or at least I did until I got the last set which includes: Platform Update for Windows Vista (KB971644) Security Update for Windows Vista (KB969947) Security Update for Windows Vista (KB973565) Synaptics - Input - Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad Update for Windows Mail Junk E-mail Filter [November 2009] (KB905866) Update for Windows Vis...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Script that deletes items from Sharepoint
Here is the script that I'm trying to use: ## ===================================================================== ## Title : Remove-SPItem ## Description : Removes An Item From a List ## Author : Idera ## Date : 24/11/2009 ## Input : Remove-SPItem [[-url] <String>] [[-List] <String>] [[- Field] <String>] [[-Item] <String>] ## Output : ## Usage : Remove-SPItem -url http://moss -List Users -Field Title -Item "My Item" ## Notes : Adapted From Niklas Goude Script ## Tag : Item, Sharepoint, Pow...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

Synchronising tasks
I have an application that creates tasks on a database and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. The problem is if the user edited or deleted the outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on tasks saved on the database. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks in advance ! "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org... >I have an application that creates tasks on a database > and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. > The problem is if the user edited or deleted the > outlook tasks, I want the changes to...

launching a program (.exe)
Can I launch a program (.exe) from inside an excel macro? Excel 97. You can use the Shell function. You might fare better with a question like this in microsoft.public.excel.programming. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome... ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <a924fan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190592704.188221.1...

Task manager in C#
How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU columns like in windows Task Manager? I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and process description column properties. Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" . How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost generic name ? Andrus. Andrus wrote: > How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU > columns like > in windows Task Manager? > > I looked into Process class but it does not have ...

Unhandled script exception
Hi, I am using GP 6 and I am a beginner. Recently, I have encounter this error message when I try to do a transaction posting at "Project Invoice Entry": Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field 'PCB_Master_Job_Number_STR' in script 'Job_Invoice_Entry |_Update_Overview_Summary_CHG'. Script terminated. Does anyone know how to solve it ? Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance. ...

Money 99 with Vista, or do I upgrade?
I am using Money 99 on a Windows 98SE PC for a clubs accounts, very simple nothing complicated. I have just bought a new PC with Vista. Can I reinstall Money 99 (yes I know its old, not supported etc, but it works fine) on a Vista PC, or will I have to upgrade to Money 2005 (the latest UK version) and if so will my old files upgrade ok? Thanks Paul Hammond The simplest solution seems to be "just try it and see." It can't hurt anything. On Tue, 1 May 2007 08:21:01 -0700, dhpaul <dhpaul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Money 99 on a Windows 98SE PC f...