Reading .dmp files?

Hey. I've been getting a bunch of BSODs lately, and I'd like to check
out the .dmp files created by it. So, my question is where I can find
them?

--
Blackknight1239
0

It depends on the type of dump file. Usually it is minidumps and in
c:\windows\minidump

Type in a command prompt

wmic recoveros get autoreboot,writetosystemlog,debuginfotype,writedebuginfo

debuginfotype return no.
-----------------------
0 None
1 Complete memory dump
2 Kernel memory dump
3 Small memory dump

--
..
--
"Blackknight1239" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey. I've been getting a bunch of BSODs lately, and I'd like to check
> out the .dmp files created by it. So, my question is where I can find
> them?
>

> --
> Blackknight1239

Outlook 2003 version of pst files
Is there any easy way to determine if the pst file I have on a CD was saved in Outlook 2003? We received several CD's of pst files that we cannot open in Outlook 2000. I had not realized that the format of PST's was modified for Outlook 2003. Thanks (windows 2000 OS and Office 2002, Outlook 2000) -- Alice. You should get a warning (or error message) when you try to open it that it is not compatible. Note that to open a pst-file from CD you first need to copy it back to the harddisk and remove the Read Only file attribute -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook...

fwrite a hidden file
hi all~ now i try to use "fgets" and "fwrite" to read and modify a file but if i set the file hidden i would get error message "Microsoft Visual Studio C Runtime Library has detected a fatal error in *.exe" code: FILE* file; char data[512]; CString content[128]; int row=0; file = fopen("C:\\text.txt", "rt"); while( fgets(data, 512, file) != NULL ) { content[row++].Format("%s", data); } fclose(file); if( content[row-1].Find( " /noguiboot /bootlogo" ) != -1 ) { content[row-1].Replace(" /noguiboot /bootlogo"...

Common signature files
does anyone know how to create a corportate signature file that can be deployed thoughout a network without having to copy it onto individual machines thanks alan Since Outlook itself only uses local signature files, what you describe = isn't possible, at least not in the way you envision it. See = http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm for various methods = and tools for controlling disclaimers and other signatures from the = Exchange server.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power U...

money 2005 file read only
Eight weeks ago I reinstalled my computer and reinstalled money 2005. When I went to run my money file it said that the file had to be converted. The conversion did not work as money said the file was read only. The said file is not read only. I am at a loss. I do not want to start all over again and I wondered why money is saying this and what I could so to sort out this problem. Any help and advice would be great. NIK Nik Did you restore your money file from a CD backup? If so, you may need to right-click on the file, select Properties, and clear the Read-Only check box under At...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

[VC8] File Open Dialog: Not resizable?
Hi, I've made a new MDI MFC app in VC8. The File Open dialog does have the places bar, but it's not resizable. How do I make it resizable? Olaf It is resizable by default. I tested it by creating a default SDI application using the wizard. File->Open shows the CFileDialog and its resizable. I tested it under VC6. ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ajay Kalra wrote: > It is resizable by default. I tested it by creating a default SDI > application using the wizard. File->Open shows the CFileDialog and its > resizable. I tested it under VC6. I know it is in VC6,...

Importing Microsoft Word file to Excel
Hi guys! I am having problems importing word file to excel. I have about 70 Microsoft Word files and they do have different file names. Q1: Is it possible for me to import those word files to worksheets? Q2: If it is possible, How do I make the worksheet name same as work file's name? i.e. importing word file called " ABC.doc" to worksheet "ABC" Please Help!!!! ...

Separate Accounts on a single Money 2005 file?
I saw a similar post on this issue earlier, but it did not describe how to do this. I would like to separate accounts between husband/wife within a single money file. Can Money 2005 do this? If so, how can I accomplish this? - jos� Money files can each have an arbitrary number of accounts--your this, her that, and your joint the other. But all of the Money accounts in one file are pretty much treated as belonging together. If you want separate FILES, create them that way. Money can work with an arbitrary number of files, just like Excel or Word. "Jose Oliver" <jose_oli...

Recommendations For Maximum File Sizes
We have numerous users using either Outlook Express '98 or Outlook 2000. My question is whether there are limitations or recommendations on the mximum size that either a *.pst or *.dbx file can be and if their is a limitation to the numbers of folders an Outlook Express for '98 user can have. We have user's with PST files exceeding 900 MB and single mail clients with over 200 folders (*.DBX files) exceeding 2GB. Regards, Jack Clemons jclemons@eis-inc.com I'm not sure if there is a limit for the size of DBX files for Outlook Express, but Outlook 97/98/2000/2002 were li...

Copy to a new file to rid file bloat?
Has anyone else had this happen? I copied my masters and slides over to a new blank presentation and it greatly reduced the file size. I shaved off 4 megs off of a 9 meg file, almost cutting its size in half by doing this. Is there a known reason for this change? -Melina Hi Melina Could you have "Fast Save" enabled in options? (Only likely if you are using a pre 2007 version) -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Mel" wrote: > Has anyone ...

Can't save Excel file. Msg "File" is in use. Try again later.
Recently I've been getting the message "<Filename> is currently in use. Try again later." when I try to save certain Excel files. (Most of these are saved in compatibility mode.) Is there something I can do besides constantly saving under a new file name? My OS is XP Professional. ...

Problem with the pst file
Hi there, I'm facing a problem in opening a pst file(zile size 2.1GB). I have scanned the file using scanpst.exe several times but the problem still persists. I have also used the tool which minimises the size of the file..but no luck. I really don't know why this problem occurs..is it due to the file size..or one of the mails has got corrupt. Also if by change if iam able to retrieve the file can i export the same to Outlook Express so that the problem doens't arise again..? Thanks in advance. Regards. Avinash Outlook 97-2002 pst-files can only be up to 2GB. You can r...

excel file size bloat
I have found that some of my files get very large, very fast in terms of megabytes. Larger than they really have a right to be. This often comes after cutting and pasting data into them. Is there something going on behind the scenes, perhaps with the "undo" file that leads to file size bloat. And, is there any way to strip a file down to its smallest, natural, size? Hit CTRL + END on a worksheet to see where Excel takes you. Could be Excel has over-estimated your used range. For help on re-setting, see Debra Dalgleish's site. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#...

Corrupt Log file E00.log
I installed Small Business Server 2003 and following a power failure the above mentioned Exchange Server log file is corrupted. The Event ID: 465 is diplayed in the Event Viewer. I do not have an available Server backup to restore. Can I use the Logs that have been closed and renamed? What is the best process for recovering this information? Glenn At this point, what you might consider is a dial tone restore. You dismount the DB, move the db files and whatever transaction logs you have, to a recover server, and remount the db. An empty DB will be created and your users will be abl...

Converting pdf tables into Excel files
Converting pdf tables into Excel files http://www.library.mcgill.ca/edrs/services/publications/howto/PDFtoXLS/PDFtoExcel.html ...

Lookout search files
Just installed Lookout v1.2 with Outlook 2002. It works very well for searching e-mails, but I have 2 questions. The help button in Outlook just doesn't work. Any suggestions how to solve this? I have reinstalled, but no effect. The help file is present. Secondly, and more important, searching for files doesn't seem to work. I have included the whole C drive and indexed all the documents, but it doesn't find the file I was looking for. It is a .txt file and this extension is included in the criteria. Thanks for any advice. RBS ...

Excel Files Size has Jumped
I had a spreadsheet that was about 500K in size. Suddenly it jumped to 5M. I've traced it to a particular worksheet which is now in a standalone spreadsheet to try to isolate the problem. I've now deleted all the data (by a rows delete) so the worksheet now looks totally empty. There is no VBA, macros, pictures, etc, range names that I can see. However it still is 4.9M in size. Any idea on how to find out what's causing it and how to resolve it. Tx check here http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelProblems.htm On Oct 19, 9:14=A0pm, "RobFJ" <del**eteto**rfj1.....

Access 2007 and MDE file Question
I have a Access 2003 MDE file that links to an Access 2003 MDB file. I understood that Access 2007 is not able to work with an MDE file. This is according to Microsoft KB article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178973.aspx However, unbenknownst to me, one of my customers somehow installed Access 2007 on a machine and ran the MDE file with it. I saw it with my own eyes! The application had been working fine for years, but now all the sudden they claim it is "losing" data. First, how come it can even run the MDE file? Second, could the Fact that i...

1 is converted in 0.001 in all excell files
in my all exell files: old and new: when i put any numeric value and press enter it is displayed in fraction . For eg. 1 is dispalyed as 0.001 I want to remove this coversion but dont know hoe. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK (It's probably checked for 3 d.p.) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "ndn" <ndn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A9B36FB-48A5-4FE3-8C06-486FCD0CB8F4@microsoft.com... > in my all exell files: old and new: when ...

Access 2007 file format detection through DAO?
Hi all! Not long ago I created a tiny EXE that scans files in a folder and detects the format of the files for some inventory and data consolidation. It works fine for mdb files (2000, 2002, 2003). But it cannot detect Access 2007 format. The EXE is written in Visual Basic 6 using DAO3.6. Below is the code I use, but whenever I encounter an Access 2007 (accdb) it fails at the first line ("3343: Unrecognized database format"). Is there any updates for DAO or any other way I can gather some basic database information from the file? Thanks! Set db = DAO.OpenDatabase(MyFilePathn...

Autocomplete nk2 file editor #3
I found a great utility that let's me solve my autocomplete file issues. It can be found at: www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm It is called Owtlook This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0079_01C44FA6.681F6570 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How arrogantly disingenuous - "I *FOUND* a great utility" ??? Excuse me, but are you not the ones who PROGRAMMED this utility? At = least try to be honest if you want to advertise your program - shilling = for yourself is beneath hone...

Script to delete files and subfolders in all directories named Arc
I have a script that deletes all files older than 30 days in directories named Archive. I need to modify the script so that it deletes files and subfolders in directories named Archive. This is what I have now: $now = Get-date Get-ChildItem -Path Z:\SQLImport_Export -Filter Archive -Recurse | Where-Object {$_.PSIsContainer} | Get-ChildItem | Where-Object {($_.PSIsContainer -eq $false) -and (($now - $_.LastWriteTime).Days -ge 30)} | Remove-Item How can I modify the existing script to include subfolders as well as files? This is a slightly different approach but should do th...

Apply Log File
Hi, I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean Shutdown" How do I apply those log files back to the storage group that were generated after the backup? Thanks, Gabriel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296788/en-us Make sure they're all there and consistent, then start the IS and they will roll forward. "Gabriel Chua" <glchua@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:exh%23yCvhHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I did a tape restore of First Storage Group and the state is "Clean > Shutdown" > How do...

Create a .pdf file from MS Publisher
Using Microsoft Publisher 2002 (10-2621-4291) SP-2 I made several parts of a Stationery Suite for a friend running a new/small business, but he doesn't have MS Publisher 2002 installed on his computer. "No problem" I thought, as I have Adobe 6 on my machine, so I could just convert the files into ..PDF files, but apparently I cannot. Will someone be kind enough to advise please? In advance, thank you. John ================================== I think it goes something like this with Adobe; Open your Publisher file, Select File, Print, In the printer name box, use the down ar...

why am i getting file folder 1033 opening when I click on news?
I am trying to set up my newsreader i placed the news tab on toolbar but when i click on it, it just opens up file folder 1033 Sylvie <Sylvie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up my newsreader i placed the news tab on toolbar > but when i click on it, it just opens up file folder 1033 Open IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs, and make sure the News drop-down contains Outlook Express. -- Brian Tillman object doThanks very much have done that i seem to have a further problem though it looks like my Outlook express6 is opening as my newsreade...