Printer sharing

Could print OK from HP PC running Vista Home Premium to my HP printer.  Then
merged my home office, Mac and HP PC. Set up wireless Airport Extreme with
the Mac on wireless and the PC on ethernet. I can access internet OK from
each.  The printer is connected via USB to the wireless router.   Followed
instructions on PC setup for printer sharing.  Can print to printer from Mac,
but not from my PC,      Control Panel-Printers-hp officejet 6100 series- Use
Printer Offline
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 4/15/2010 1:09 AM, Train man wrote:
> Could print OK from HP PC running Vista Home Premium to my HP printer.  Then
> merged my home office, Mac and HP PC. Set up wireless Airport Extreme with
> the Mac on wireless and the PC on ethernet. I can access internet OK from
> each.  The printer is connected via USB to the wireless router.   Followed
> instructions on PC setup for printer sharing.  Can print to printer from Mac,
> but not from my PC,      Control Panel-Printers-hp officejet 6100 series- Use
> Printer Offline

What do the instructions for the wireless router say about using the
router USB connector for a printer and setting up windows for using the
router as a print server?

Can you see the printer with the browser (may show up under the router)

If the printer was originally connected to the Vista P/C via USB, you
may be able to just change the port, or install a second instance of the
printer and point it to the lan address of the router/printer.

0
Chuck

Citrix Printer Problem
When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics the printer changes from the user's default to another printer. Anyone know how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer? We are running Dynamics Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003. Thanks Hi How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server? Are all the users using the same DEX.ini file? "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BB7F031-0E3C-4BF0-91AD-1160B34EC642@microsoft.com... > When running on our Citrix server, everytime...

Payables Cheque
When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques), after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a file. Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be prompted for it. Thanks Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin. In the bottom section of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit Process. You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking for the destination, de-select the Scre...

Printer status?
Hi to everyone! I don't know if this argument is OffTopic. Anyway I would like to seriously discuss about Getting the status of a common windows printer. I think I've read most of the threads about this argument. Most of them suggest to view an example on an MSDN article ... something like Q160129 "How To Get the Status of a Printer and a Print Job"...or anyway suggest to use the PRINTER_INFO_n structures... Well, this DOES NOT WORK!. Probably I make some mistakes... but if is true that there are some structures like PRINTER_INFO_n, that have an entry for the status... is...

Domain users cannot print on networked printer in SBS 2003 R2 netw
Hi , I have an Epson CX11NF printer networked to a server running SBS 2003 R2. The printer has been added to the server and I can print from the server. When logged onto a network client as a domain admin I can print. When logged on as a domain user on a network client I cannot print (error printing). When logged on as a domain print operator on a network client I cannot print. Domain users have the correct permissions on the server Windows Temp and Spool folders. I have the same results whether the printer properties are set for spooled printing or direct to printer printing....

PDF Printer as default GP printer
I have my PDF printer set up as my default printer. When printing a SOP Invoice - it asks me where to create the file to....is there a way to setup a default file location for the creating of PDF's? Thanks Andrea, This issue cannot be done through GP since GP is only sending the printing job to the printer, you may need to look in the application settings that created this printer. For printers created by Adobe PDF follow steps below: 1. Right click the printer. 2. Go to Advanced Tab 3. Click on Printing Defaults. 4. Uncheck "Prompt for Adobe PDF filename" Regards, -- M...

Why is printer driver receiving JPG?
Hello, I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni example from the DDK. The problem is that OEMBitBlt (and other functions) are receiving jpegs as the destination source (as identified by psoDest- >fjBitmap == BMF_JPEG). In my EnablePDEV, I'm setting the DEVINFO->flGraphicsCaps2 flag to 0 (even though it should already be 0). Am I understanding the documentation wrong or should psoDst not be in jpeg format? On Jan 19, 4:51=A0pm, Agromatic <sutton1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm working on a printer driver based on the Oemuni ex...

MSPOS: Number of printers available
Refresh my memory please, why are we allowed only 2 printers for each register? I have access to 7 printers on my network, why can't I print to most of them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Shared Calendars Outlook 2002/3
Do I have to use Outlook 2003 to be able to share my calendar for all to edit or can this be done in Outlook 2002? I have Exchange server 2003. Thanks awebb ...

users should administer printers not administrators
Great Plains administration of printers (Unnecessary administration is required) Named Printers is obviously a flawed idea. The administrator of the GP program should not be involved with the user period…. The basic concept is that the administrator knows every printer in the company or multiple companies in my case, the users and where all things should print… That’s a phenomenal amount of memory required to do a simple job… As an administrator it’s best to stay out of the way of all the users needs, keep with the security issues and have as little to do with Let the user assign his ow...

DOMAIN\user and LOCAL\user are same persons and want to share a profile on local machine.
Hi Folks, I have a case where the same person is a member of two domains: DOMAIN\user and LOCAL\user. I have modified the registry so the profile list for both now identifies "C:\Documents and Settings\user" as the path and I have modified the permissions on "C:\...\user" so the DOMAIN\user and LOCAL\user have the same permissions. DOMAIN\user is NOT a roaming profile user, but has been in the past and was created before LOCAL\user. LOCAL\user is a local user on the machine, and is the same person as DOMAIN\user and would like access to the same profile....

Tracking shared records in 4.0
Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier than 3.0? thanks none so far. but you can try the SDK "Bernardina" <dl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03B6F61B-C105-47E7-8E25-FD2B946D6FEF@microsoft.com... > Anyone know if 4.0 version has the ability to track shared records easier > than 3.0? > thanks ...

Networked Printer
We have a HP 2605dtn that is shared out on a Windows 2003 server. This week people have been complaining that PDF files take a long time to print. It prints a page, then stops, then starts back up. The driver on the server is a PCL6 driver. I have had problems in the past with PCL6 drivers, so I went to HP's site, but did not find a PCL5 driver, just a PostScript driver. I downloaded that and changed the driver on the server. Now on my PC, it's saying "printer not found on server". The share name is the same. If I change it back to the PCL6 driver, my ...

Calendar sharing with a POP-3 email account
I want to share my Outlook calendar with another computer on my home network. Does SBC Yahoo (my ISP) provide Exchange Server capability? How do I use it? And if not, can I do this without installing Exchange Server on my computer(s)? FrednLee wrote: > I want to share my Outlook calendar with another computer on my home > network. Does SBC Yahoo (my ISP) provide Exchange Server capability? Doubtful....and wouldn't be useful anyway if you use POP to access it. But if you want hosted Exchange, there are many providers. > How do I use it? And if not, can I do this without inst...

what is printer port set-up for wireless printer
I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00035871&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=305980&rule=8674 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "arubabob" <arubabob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DC43EB1-2F98-4A40-87AD-80034B45BF59@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan ...

Random Users losing network printers in GP
Hello all, We are running 2 GP application servers on a Citrix environment, and randomly users are missing their network printers when trying to print. Becasue we have such tight deadlines, our users get frustrated having to log in/log out of GP to hopefully see the printers again (somtime 4-5 times). The network printers can be seen for the user on the server, however the individiual user does not have it as an option to choose in GP. SO I have ruled out the spooler. I don't know what to do next. Any suggestions? As always thanks for a response! We had a similar printer problem and solv...

2.0
One annoying problem in 1.3 was having to print a workorder to reset the default printer after viewing a transaction from POS lane with different printer. I thought 2.0 was supposed to fix this problem? ...

print copies at printer instead of sending multi-copies to printer
Does anyone know how to send 1 copy of the page to a hp color laser and have the printer itself make the copies to save time / bandwidth. I noticed that it was sending a new copy of the page for each copy. ...

File sharing advice needed!
Hi, I am setting up Money 2004 on 2 systems, my wife's desktop and my laptop. I'd like to know if anyone has any advice on file sharing?? Specifically, do we both have to have the same Money User Account (and MSN Passport) setup on both systems and map both to a "shared" .mny file on 1 system? Or is it possible that we each have our own seperate account on Money and a seperate account on .net MSN, and still be able to synchronize the .mny file? Ideally we would like to split up chores (I do our brokerage stuff, and she does the bill pay and other monthly activities), and t...

Outlook 2002 and sharing folders
I had a previous version of Outlook which allowed me to share folders (i.e. contacts, calendar) with my secratary. Now, with Outlook 2002, the "share" option doesn't even appear under "file". Can anyone help me understand what I need to do? Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had a previous version of Outlook which allowed me to > share folders (i.e. contacts, calendar) with my > secratary. Now, with Outlook 2002, the "share" option > doesn't even appear under "file". > Can anyone help me understand ...

Sharing Office 2007
Hi. I have two laptops at home. I usually use both, but sometimes my wife uses one. I'd like to have Office 2007 installed on both, but cannot justify the expense. Is it legal to have it installed on both with one license? Thanks. Yes. The retail version is normally licensed for two systems; H&S for 3 systems; VLK on ## numbers of systems while hackers version is licensed to be used on infinite number of systems. A Microsoft Pig (or its sympathizers) will tell you that an OEM version cannot be installed on any systems other than it came with but I buy OEM versions and I ...

printer will not printer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have successfully installed an HP DeskJet K60 and it shows as a valid, usable printer. When I try to print a document, it appears very briefly on the "printer screen" showing that it is printing, showing me as user and the correct document name with the correct sending time. But then it simply disappears from the screen without actually printing. Nothing is left in the queue. ????? Have you checked the HP site for an updated driver? Have you installed the 10.6.1 Update? Have you repaired disk permissi...

check printer status.. emergency
i am baffled by this for a while already.. really frustrating... how can i check the printer status from my application program.. i used visual c++ 2005 professional, on the windows xp sp2 platform, while my program is running, i need to know after i send out a print command (StartDoc, StartPage, EndPage, EndDoc..), I want to know the printer status, i.e. whether there is a offline of the printer, or out of paper, jammed, etc. I checked nearly all the documentation about this, find all the code snippets are useless.. document Q160129 "How to get the status of a printer and a pri...

Sharing CRM SFO on a single PC
I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered that a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other licensed users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs SFO but not for any other user who logs on at that PC. An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me that: “Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine, there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one user. The second user will need to use the Web interface.” Is this is most de...

Outlook 2003 : show different calendars together / share contacts
Hi! I'm part of several organisations and for each one, I have a different personal folder. In each one I also have a list of contacts and a calendar. Now what I'd like to be able to do is: - Show the events from different calendars TOGETHER, that is in ONLY one calendar page, rather than all calendars side-to-side. Indeed when I need to setup a meeting with one, I need to make sure that it doesn't clash with events from other organisations. Checking every single one calendar separately is a pain. I would want to see all the events put together in one calendar. Is it possib...

Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
Hi, I connect to a Windows 2000 terminal server with my Apple Powerbook G4 (running OS X 10.2.8). To connect, I use "remote desktop connection 1.0.1 for mac". http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/DOWNL OAD/MISC/RDC.xml&secid=80&ssid=9&flgnosysreq=True I would like to be able to use my local printer on the terminal server. How do I do this ? I have an Epson Stylus Color 740i. The problem is, that I think I need to install it on the terminal server, but that's Windows so it expects Windows-drivers. Once I install it there, it won&...