Power Options

I have an HP laptop using Vista SP-2.  Until recently, the power settings
worked the way I set them (especially shutting off the display after 15
minutes of idle time).  Now, this particular setting doesn't work (the
display stays on all the time).  I haven't checked the other settings
yet.    Tried Google but couldn't find anything that applied. Suggestions
for a solution?

Sorry, but I tried to cross-post to two groups and NEITHER group posted
my message.  So I posted them individually.
0
The
3/5/2010 1:06:48 AM
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Optional lines
I have a report which prints a Process Sheet for a plating company. There is a sub-report to handle a variable number of operations, but certain lines on the main report are optional. An example is the line to print the Number Remaining if there has been a partial despatch. Where there is only a line of text to print, I have enabled the field's CanGrow and CanShrink properties, but this does not work where there is more than one field on the optional line. This can happen because of different field alignment or font size for example. Would the best solution be to create an extra...

Optional attachment resize in Outlook 2010
I've spent the last hour searching for the answer to this problem - how to regain the option to resize photo attachements in the beta 2010 version. Every avenue I explore comes to a dead end. In 2007 there was an Attachment Options button on the Include tab, but this has disappeared. Somewhere it said that the option had been moved into the File tab, but I can't for the life of me find it. I know from various sources that the options have been reduced from three down to one size, so it must be in there somewhere! I can't find it either. It was a very useful feature, ...

Data Type Options
When using the Import Spreadsheet Wizard, I would like to be able to change the data type of one of the fields being imported. However, the Data Type option is greyed out and inaccessible. It gives the data type of double by default, even though I formatted the cells in the spreadsheet with text formatting. Double would be fine for most of the records but there are a couple that aren't in double format(they have text and numbers mixed), giving me a data type conversion error when I import the spreadsheet. Any suggestion on how to get around this or how to make the Data Type Opti...

Internet Options Menu
I have contracted (and cleaned) some malicious softwear but am left with a residual problem. I cannot access the Internet Options under the Tools pull down menu. When I attempt to use this function, I get a message stating "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator". it works from control panel. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance Michael Ask in the Internet Explorer newsgroup Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- ...

Home / Office Desk Power Option failed to turn off LCD screen
Hi, My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. I have set my power option as "Home / Office Desk Scheme" which is suppose to turn off my LCD screen after 10 minutes if the PC remains inactive. Lately I find that this feature is not working at all. I need to turn off the screen manually if I play music for long hours. May I know what are the possible causes and how to deal with this problem ? Thanks Low On Feb 2, 2:05=A0pm, Mr. Low <Mr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. > > I have set my p...

cannont access navigation bar options
hello guys, every time i click on my navigation bar and want to add a new page or anything to it, how do i access the options? before there would be a magic wand under that i would press, now instaed of that wand, a box shows up the box is to group, and ungroup objects, but HOW DO I GET TO THE NAVIGATION BAR OPTIONS!!!! It works when i make a new site, but for this particluar site, the navigation options are not accesible! They used to be, but then my web page stopped working, after i got it working it just stopped! and now publisher stopped recognizing it as a navigation bar Was yo...

Linking word and power point
How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow running, my word document is always on the correct page of the document? This newsgroup/forum is for Microsoft Access Databases. You should post this question in a Word or Powerpoint newsgroup/forum to get the correct help. This is a Microsoft Access database forum. Try the Word or Power Point forums. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "EdwinKania" wrote: > How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow ru...

More options on Pivottables
I am using pivot tables with some success. I think I can shorten my work even more if I can find a way to duplicate one of the filters and post it in successive columns. I am filtering the temperature for specific date and times. I would like to use the pivot table to run the temp average for all times at once instead of just one time. How can I do this? On Apr 26, 3:00=A0pm, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > I am using pivot tables with some success. I think I can shorten my > work even more if I can find a way to duplicate one of the filters and > post it in successiv...

Integration Manager option in GP 9.0 not available
Hello, I've upgraded Great Plains & Integration Manager from 8.0 to 9.0. The problem I've run into is that the Integration Manager option in GP (Tools/Integrate/Integration Manager) is only available when logged in as 'sa' on a client PC; when logging in as another user, the option is grayed out. I've tried copying the im.cnk file from the IM folder to the GP folder, Launching GP and including the new code. I've also tried changing the ShowDynamics=False parameter in IM.ini to True and assigning domain users 'modify' rights to that file. Intergratio...

power of ten?
Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). Thanks, Jim Use superscript. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jim K." <grinmonger@aol.com> wrote in message news:369c9f8b-adaa-4196-a071-7a44a4dac843@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to > express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). > Thanks, Jim...

Cannot open 2003 Excel .xls file named Power Gas Details.xls
I opened this file today and added some formating of columns, etc and some numbers to the spread sheet. I saved it. I tried to reopen later and got error messages 1) Excel cannot open the file. It may be write only or encripted (I did not deliberately set a pass word or encript?), 2) Excel cannot open this file, I don't know why as it did earlier? I have previously downloaded vewiers from Microsoft with the understanding that these viewers would be able to open old spread sheets or other older items in previous versions of Excel. I not have Excel 2003 and have been using for a long ...

OWA Options Page
We have a user in our company that is not able to view the options page, the pane where it should be shows "Page Cannot Be Displayed", this occurs inside out network, using the IP address of our exchange server, and outside, which is published through ISA 2004 using forms based authentication. I have tested it with other accounts, and do not have this issue, although the user in question is in the same groups as others no having issues. This is confusing, usually errors occur to everyone on a whole, not one specific user, but that is what's happening. Any info is apprec...

Save options
Do anybody know all the available save options in Excel.If not I recommend this post http://xlmaster.blogspot.com ...

Pivot Table
Is there any way to set the default settings for the Table Options for every new pivot table that you build? Also, is there a way to change the default format for a numeric field (number, 0 decimal places, instead of the original 2) Thanks, Rds, Ignacio ...

Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on 220V electricity?
Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on 220V electricity? (if just use US/EU travel adapter). "Aster" <asterr@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message news:OqbntjXqKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Can a US power 3-prong Flat power cord, rated for 125V be safely used on > 220V electricity? > (if just use US/EU travel adapter). Yes. Most are rated to 300v. If you want a replacement for yours (as in your previous post), one of these solutions might work: ttp://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/power-cable/10w1-15306.ht...

Aged Trial Balance w/options
Is there any way to set the Aged Trial Balance w/options report to age automatically? Have you tried using the historical aged trial balance report instead? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "mlubbs" <mlubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2793599F-1BFB-43CF-8A4B-A42864A891AD@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to set the Aged Trial Balance w/options report to age > automatically? Victoria, I was able to run the Historical rep...

Shut down and power off
I need to make a function that shuts down and powers off a Windows machine. It should work on Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 3.51, NT 4.0, 2000, and XP. Although this may sound easy, trust me, it's not. For some reason, the ExitWindowsEx function will only do a reboot at best on NT 4.0, so I can't just use that. Also, the InitiateSystemShutdown method will not completely power off Win2k, so I can't use just that. Also, since I don't have all 8 of the platforms above to test on, I don't know when to use which method. Any ideas? This is really frazzling me. ExitWindo...

options unavailable
I have a workbook with several sheets. Most are fine but the first two sheets (1)do not show the column or row headers and (2)there are no gridlines. The options menu works for most of the sheets but does not for the first two. The option is not ghosted, it just doesn't respond. I've checked protection and the format menu but I can't find anything to work. Thanks for any ideas that you can offer. Charlie Sounds strange. If you can insert new worksheets, then insert two new worksheets. then Copy/paste everything to the new worksheets. Hi Charlie! Are you sure that you have...

Power Supply
Hi, I would like to change my power supply but don't know what to get. Is there any software that will tell me about my current power supply and recommend a new one. thanks. JohnSmith1 wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to change my power supply but don't know what to get. Is there > any software that will tell me about my current power supply and recommend a > new one. > > thanks. Why do you want to change it? What you would need would depend a lot on what kind of video card you have. -- C "JohnSmith1" <JohnSmith1@discuss...

/ML vs. /MT compiler option
Is it OK if .exe was built using /ML (singlethreaded) and DLL was built using /MT (multithreaded) compiler option? EXE calls DLL functions. No. You should be using consistent threading models. I wouldn't want to think of the number of things that could go wrong under this scenario. Particularly if you are using the DLL forms of the C runtimes. joe On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:44:40 +0200, "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote: > > Is it OK if .exe was built using /ML (singlethreaded) and DLL was built >using /MT (multithreaded) compiler option? EXE calls DLL ...

How do you play a power point presentation inside the window only
I have generated excel tutorial like ebook for comfort of the learning of the not so smart. I want to give prompting for the pupil with excel in one window and power point presentation prompts on the other. When you go into play mode, the power point occupies the full screen; the result the excel problem being cited gets closed. So I desire to know whether the power point presentation can be run in window mode without taking the full screen into it. Can somebody help me. PROF. GOVARDHAN JAYANTHI Camp: USA (Originally from India) "PROF. GOVARDHAN JAYANTHI" ...

CRM4
I have a client that has added fields to the contact entity and would like to be able to synchronize the custom fields between CRM 4.0 and Outlook. What options do I have at this point to provide this functionality? My understanding there was little or no support for this type of customization in CRM 3.0. Thanks, Wayne. ...

VBA power users
Dear Group, Anyone ever created an application that runs a query in Access, exports the results to Excel, formats the text, then writes a Mail merge document in Word that it automatically e-mails to each member of the original query through Outlook. Please post the code. Could you please also tell me, " where you have used VBA code in your office application and what purpose it served ??" Thanks a lot in advance!! Homework? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Rakesh Khowal" <rakeshshail2010@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Disable power management ?
I am building a platform with CE 6.0 and I can't seem to disable power saving. I unregistered the display as a power manageable device, but now the first sound played after 5 minutes is not heard because the sound is also in power save mode. Where to I disable this completely to leave the device on at all time ? Thanks You can include 'Power management -minimal' in your OS design if it is possible (i.e. your OS does not include catalog items which depends on the 'Power management - full' component' Otherwise you can set the user activity timeout to ...

Where is the toolbar with the "bold type", "font type", options
This is a new program on our computer, Is there no longer a toolbar with the options of "bold" highlighting or font size or type or underscoring? try view>toolbars>formatting -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "fwccbcc" <fwccbcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE7B9C6B-7C85-443C-9A56-EFC4974E643F@microsoft.com... > This is a new program on our computer, Is there no longer a toolbar with > the > options of "bold" highlighting or font size or type or underscoring? Go to the little arrow that poi...