How can re-update "failed" Windows Updates?

 What are the steps.

Thank You
--
Kristen Rios
vista.performance_maintenance 142 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Which is the update(s) failing to install?

Further information required:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type %windir%\windowsupdate.log
and then click OK.

Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate
the error code(s) associated with the latest failed attempt to
download/install.

Start at the bottom and work your way up to a section that shows an ERROR,
WARNING, or FATAL.

If appropriate copy and paste the error codes into this thread so
someone may be able to assist you.

Also check Windows folder for file called KB******.log

(****** = number of update ie KB896688) and post the contents of
the failed update.

This may provide further clues as to why the update failed.

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
<http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=902093>

--
Check this out for yourself visit KB971058: How do I reset the Windows
Update settings? and click on the Fix It button:

<http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=971058>
-=-

Good luck
-=-

Ǝиçεl
 ◕‿◕
 -=-

"PPatty89" wrote:

>  What are the steps.
>
> Thank You
> --
> Kristen Rios

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

OWA: Failed to get Inbox
I have checked all the TechNet tips and none have helped regarding accessing e-mail via OWA. I can access the login page and enter my alias. However after this point, I receive the message: "Failed to get Inbox". It must be a permissions issue but I don't know where it could be. OWA has been installed on a IIS Server and Exchange is on a physically different server. When installing OWA, I correctly entered the NetBIOS name of the Exchange server. However, I still can't get access. What else needs to be done? What version Exchange? -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange htt...

Always check spelling before sending causes "operation failed"
If I have "Always check spelling before sending" enabled when users send e-mails, they get an error "Operation Failed". The spell checker works fine when you select it manually and if the option is unchecked the e-mail is sent fine. The option works fine for administrators, so I am sure it must be permissions somewhere on a registry key. Does any one have any idea's? What version of Outlook and are you using Outlook or Word as the e-mail editor? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Crea...

Agent Failed to evaluate Installed Rule
I examined the WindowsUpdate.log for the WUAU update process; 1768 b84 Agent ************* 1768 b84 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] 1768 b84 Agent ********* In examining WindowsUpdate.log I noticed the following WARNING. 1768 b84 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {F4B9C883-F4DB-4FB5-B204-3343C11FA021}.100, hr = 8024E001 1768 b84 Agent WARNING: Failed to evaluate Installed rule, updateId = {BFE5B177-A086-47A0-B102-097E4FA1F807}.102, hr = 8024E001 Near as I can fig...

Error: "PM_Options_ROPT failed accessing SQL data."
We have installed GP 10.0 with 4 companies installed. 3 of the companies are small with few transactions and I set those up in the 90 day demo version to demonstrate and sell GP to the company. The main company I had the data converted and restored into the live Dynamics GP 10.0. The 3 smaller companies I backed up with the Demo version and used SQL server Management Studio to restore into the live Dynamics GP version. The 3 small companies seem to work OK, however for example, when I try and set up Payables Trial Balance Report Options, I receive "A get/change operation on tab...

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 KB978637 failed with error 800736B3
Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7. I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but that didn't work. Does anyone else have this problem? thanks Does the description in Symptoms section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978637 apply to you? [yes/no] Bryan wrote: > Hi, I am getting a failure to install this update with Windows 7. > > I downloaded the update and tried to install the stand alone package but > that didn't work. > > Does anyone else have this problem? > > thanks Br...

redirect http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange still failed..
Hi, I followed this KB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 and make sure that the /owaasp directory have no certificate used or encryption and changed the "Custom error" file to the URL - /owaasp/owahttps.asp but I still failed to redirect the http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange. I received this error message : You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer It did redirect this URL - https://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange but the URL - http://mail.abc.com just did not work. Please help.. Thank you....

Rapid Mig for Peachtree failed
Hello - Has anyone seen this issue with the Rapid Mig Tool with Peachtree 2010? The porcess runs then failes at the last steop and no data is Migrated? Any ideas what would cuase this? [Failed] Preparing configuration data (Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.Migrator.Core.Common.Exceptions.ConfiguratorWrapperException) RC export exception (Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.Migrator.Core.Common.Exceptions.ConfiguratorWrapperException) FA40200 Invalid object name 'FA40200'. FA49900 Invalid object name 'FA49900&...

Outlook 2003
Good evening, I have recently begun using a hosted Exchange server. I created the IMAP profile in Outlook and for some reason the Exchange account was listed three times in Outlook, with the same folders and all the same emails being pulled. This was a nuisance but nothing more than that. Today I created a rule to copy mail sent on the IMAP account to the IMAP Sent folder. When I created the rule, I noticed for the first time that it asked me which account to create the rule on, either the IMAP account of the POP3 account. I created the rule on the IMAP account and it worked like it was...

Failed to Update Headers
I run Exchange 2003 on a Enterprise Server 2003. We are running Outlook 2003 at the office and some users use Outlook XP (2002) at home. When the client connects to his mailbox through IMAP, everything seems to work fine. However, periodically the user receives a pop-up message stating "Failed to Update Headers", and when expanding on the error pop-up, it reads IMAP error and lists the standard ports we use. The message will sometimes pop-up every couple minutes, or sometimes every few hours, but regardless it is very annoying to the users, and it appears something is wrong s...

Failed conversion from MS Money 2002 to MS Money 2008
I was wondering if someone could help. I am trying to convert an msn money 2002 file to msn money 2008 for a client. I have gone through all the various posts and faq's on the internet and I have read various suggestions on the subject...so I have tried so far the following: installed trial edition of ms money 2004....2007, 2008...all of which come back with the dreaded...incompatible version error....i even tried installing ms money 2002 on a different laptop and thaqt came back with exactly the same error message. The problem from what I can gather is that the MS Money 2002 insta...

KB978262 update failed/access denied
Hello, I have tried to install the update 'Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB978262)' multiple times without success. I am getting error code 0x80070005 and access denied errors. I have tried automatic updates, manual updates and downloading via administrator options to install myself. I have disabled mcafee firewall and real time scan without effect. I am running windows xp version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036 : service pack 3) Any suggestion/help would be appreciated! (Thanks, in advance!) Chances are you're seeing...

Outlook 2002
I am getting "The operation failed." error message when I try to: Send/Receive All Press F9 Click the Send/Receive Button I have attempte a Repair as well as a remove reinstall. Suggestions? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Paul McCone" <mccone@mcconeconsulting.com> wrote in message news:084001c358fb$dd14f680$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting "The operation failed." error message...

Operation failed error when opening attachment
A customer of mine sometime gets the error message 'The operation failed' when opening an attachment. This has been seen for .xls and .zip files from a particular source. If outlook is closed then re-opened, the attachment opens fine. Also, if the same file is sent again, the copy will open. I posted this message once before and it was suggested to me that there may be a problem with the secure outlook temp folder. I have followed the instructions given to empty this folder, but this has not resolved the problem. Even directly after emptying the folder, the customer experienced a ...

Failed to Initialize Token 10-26-06
Hello Our customer has a problem when sending emails from CRM webclient. When sending Failed to Initialize Token error message is given. This happens only when sending emails to a receiver outside own organization. What could be done? -Jukka P. Read the article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913769 it should fix your problem. "Jukka Partanen" wrote: > Hello > > Our customer has a problem when sending emails from CRM webclient. > > When sending Failed to Initialize Token error message is given. This happens > only when sending emails to a receiver ...

"automation argument coercion failed" in MFC ActiveX Control
I'm consistently getting the "automation argument coercion failed" warning in my ActiveX control. I found that I can reproduce this consistently in Visual Studio 2003 Professional by the following steps: 1. Create a new MFC ActiveX Control project. 2. In the class view, right-click the _DMyControl interface and select Add->Method. 3. Set up the method the following way: Return type: VARIANT_BOOL Method name: QueryContext Parameters: BSTR bsType LONG iPos VARIANT_BOOL bIncludeEnd Click Finish to create the method. Now, I put a breakpoint ...

upgrade from crm 3.0 to 4.0 failed!
Hi, I'm unable to upgrade crm from 3.0 to 4.0, Can someone help me with this, why it failed or maybe give me direction for necessary changes to make, prior to upgrade process? details below; Environment: Workstation 1 - CRM Server 3.0 Rollups 1, 2, 3, c360 tools (Pentium 4, HD 80GB, 2GB Ram) Workstation 2 - SQL Server 2005 SP1 and SP2 (Pentium D, HD 250GB, 2GB Ram) Workstation 1 & 2; part of domain, required services installed and running, updates and patches installed. using domain account, which is also system admin account for SQL Server and CRM 3.0, this same account w...

The B2B upgrader timer job failed
Hi All, I've been testing a migration of current wss 2.0 portal 2003 farm to wss 3.0 and MOSS 2007 and things were going pretty well until the final stage. The upgrade fails and in reviewing the diagnostic log i get. The B2B upgrader timer job failed. The upgrade.log gives the message below. It is the only error in the log. I've been searching for over a week with no solution. Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this so the upgrade can complete successfully? [SPWebTemplateSequence] [ERROR] [4/6/2010 3:07:02 PM]: Template SPSSITES#0: Exception occurre...

Webmail failed password lockout
Good Afternoon, I have a user who is complaining that he cannot access his email through the browser on the road anymore, after several failed attempts to log in. He reports that he may well have entered the wrong password a number of times. How do I check to see if he is indeed locked out, and what the default lock-out settings are for the http OWA? Thank-you, -David ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privac...

launch Excel failed
I have a Excel spreadsheet to run function and retrieve data from Access database. My Excel is able to launch MS Access, but one machine is failed to run it automatically. I can manually run the MS Access application and the Excel still can run the function and get data. I would like to run the MS Access application automatically. what could be problem? Is it posssible the machine missing some dll? If yes, Excel can get data from database. The code is failed when the Excel open ADO connection. Your information is great appreciated, hi, Souris wrote: > The code is failed when th...

Outlook 2003 SR1 SEND TO AS ATTACHMENT "The Operation Failed"
Hello All, I have a user running Windowx XP Pro and Office 2003 SR1. When she opens a spreadsheet and clicks File>Send to>Mail Recipient (As Attachment). She recieves an error that says "The Operation Failed" She clicks OK and see another error that says An error has occured, please restart your mail program. A re-install of Office did not fix the problem so in the interest of Time i did a clean install of Windows XP and Office 2003. Restored her data and sent her on her way. She was able to send a few spreadsheets using the Send To feature but when she tried using the one t...

SP3 for Windows XP Failed
In reviewing my Windows Update History, I find that Windows XP Service Pack 3 Failed on 08 21 2008, but several Service Pack 3 Updates have downloaded since that date. Two Questions: 1) Why did the SP3 Update Fail, and 2) Why are the updates downloading and installing even though the Service Package Failed? This does not make sense. I just tried again to install it and it stopped downloading. Why? tkb656 wrote: > In reviewing my Windows Update History, I find that Windows XP > Service Pack 3 Failed on 08 21 2008, but several Service Pack 3 > Updates have downloaded sinc...

import of pst files
has any one had this problem : I was running windows 2000 professional sp1 with outlook 2000 sr-1, This was preinstalled. My machine was then affected with ms blaster virus. which caused my machine to fail I had not backed up the emails I then had someone backup the old data & rebuild the machine they reinstalled windows 2000 professional plus sp4 then installed outlook 2000 they then put the old backed up data on the machine I tried to then import the old pst files from backed up data, there appears to be three files : archive.pst 83.7 meg extend.dat outlook.pst 127 meg ...

Laptop Client Cannot Go Offline; Failed to move data entity 'Lead'
Hello, Since our inception of Dynamics CRM over 2 years ago, users have not been able to go offline. Now we are up to CRM 3.0 with Rollup1 and the DST patch. I have narrowed the source down to the 'LeadBase' table having a field named 'Description' with a size of 7000. From another post which I cannot find now, I read that fields in CRM cannot have a size greater than 4000. I have found the table/field in our SQL 2005 DB, but am not very familiar with it. Would anyone be able to inform me on how to adjust the 'Description' size without losing or corrupting ...