Where are the stencils on Visio 2007?

Hi, I Need a help!

I used the Visio 2002 and in this program was easy to found the shapes,
engeneering diagrams and etc... Now I installed the Visio 2007 and I don't
found this anymore. For example, I need to use the Process Engeneering
Diagram, where is the stencil?

Thanks!
0
Corsino (1)
3/12/2009 2:01:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:01:01 -0700, Cristina Corsino <Cristina
Corsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I Need a help!
>
>I used the Visio 2002 and in this program was easy to found the shapes,
>engeneering diagrams and etc... Now I installed the Visio 2007 and I don't
>found this anymore. For example, I need to use the Process Engeneering
>Diagram, where is the stencil?

Do you have Visio Standard or Professional, the shapes you mention are
only in Professional.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electrical for Visio          http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/

The software isn't Professional...
The name is  Microsof Office Visio 2007. Do know if is possible to enable
the same stencils of 2003 Professional in the Microsof Office Visio 2007?

Thanks!

"Paul Herber" escreveu:

> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:01:01 -0700, Cristina Corsino <Cristina
> Corsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi, I Need a help!
> >
> >I used the Visio 2002 and in this program was easy to found the shapes,
> >engeneering diagrams and etc... Now I installed the Visio 2007 and I don't
> >found this anymore. For example, I need to use the Process Engeneering
> >Diagram, where is the stencil?
>
> Do you have Visio Standard or Professional, the shapes you mention are
> only in Professional.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Electrical for Visio          http://www.electrical.sandrila.co.uk/

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:18:14 -0700, Cristina Corsino
<CristinaCorsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Paul!
>
>The software isn't Professional...
>The name is  Microsof Office Visio 2007. Do know if is possible to enable
>the same stencils of 2003 Professional in the Microsof Office Visio 2007?

I think you will need to upgrade to or buy Visio professional, unless
you can find some 3rd-party stencils to do what you want. I don't know
of any.

--

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:18:14 -0700, Cristina Corsino
> <CristinaCorsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Paul!
>>
>>The software isn't Professional...
>>The name is  Microsof Office Visio 2007. Do know if is possible to enable
>>the same stencils of 2003 Professional in the Microsof Office Visio 2007?
>
> I think you will need to upgrade to or buy Visio professional, unless
> you can find some 3rd-party stencils to do what you want. I don't know
> of any.
>
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Alternatively, you could copy the stencils from the 2003 version. The only
problem would be if the stencils has extra functionality through an add-in.
This would be lost.

John... Visio MVP

0
lancucki (505)
3/12/2009 9:21:52 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_B3DD5578

Cristina - As John states, the add-ons from 2003 will not install or work
with 2007, but you can copy the stencils and use them.

Please note that the Process Engineering shapes are tied to the Process
Engineering add-on, and will not behave as expected without the solution
running on your system.  If you need the full functionality of the
solution, you should get Visio Professional.  If you only want to use the
shapes as visual objects, however, you will be fine.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
[This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]
--------------------

"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:18:14 -0700, Cristina Corsino
> <CristinaCorsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Paul!
>>
>>The software isn't Professional...
>>The name is  Microsof Office Visio 2007. Do know if is possible to enable
>>the same stencils of 2003 Professional in the Microsof Office Visio 2007?
>
> I think you will need to upgrade to or buy Visio professional, unless
> you can find some 3rd-party stencils to do what you want. I don't know
> of any.
>
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

Alternatively, you could copy the stencils from the 2003 version. The only
problem would be if the stencils has extra functionality through an add-in.
This would be lost.

John... Visio MVP

------=_NextPart_0001_B3DD5578

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Cristina - As John states, the add-ons from 2003 will not install or work with 2007, but you can copy the stencils and use them.
\par
\par Please note that the Process Engineering shapes are tied to the Process Engineering add-on, and will not behave as expected without the solution running on your system.  If you need the full functionality of the solution, you should get Visio Professional.  If you only want to use the shapes as visual objects, however, you will be fine.
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par [This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.]
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par
\par "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
\par news:c3cir4d0aeiodopdas70i2ptng5qrpm9is@news.gradwell.net...
\par > On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:18:14 -0700, Cristina Corsino
\par > <CristinaCorsino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
\par >
\par >>Hi Paul!
\par >>
\par >>The software isn't Professional...
\par >>The name is  Microsof Office Visio 2007. Do know if is possible to enable
\par >>the same stencils of 2003 Professional in the Microsof Office Visio 2007?
\par >
\par > I think you will need to upgrade to or buy Visio professional, unless
\par > you can find some 3rd-party stencils to do what you want. I don't know
\par > of any.
\par >
\par > Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
\par > Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
\par
\par
\par Alternatively, you could copy the stencils from the 2003 version. The only
\par problem would be if the stencils has extra functionality through an add-in.
\par This would be lost.
\par
\par John... Visio MVP
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B3DD5578--

0
barbway (115)

Stencils
Greetings, I am looking for stencils that would be aligned with the Process Industry Practices symbology used for Process and Instrument drawings for the Chemical Industry. I am willing to customize some as well. The Chemical link on the MVP site is broken so I am asking here. Google didn't have anything... TIA for your help! The Piping and Instrumentation Diagram in Visio Professional has symbols that are typically used in the Chemicals Industry. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Visio capabilities with CRM
Anyone worked incorporating Visio functionality in MS CRM? Client looking for org chart capability along with a central view of who is working on what for a particular account. Not seen any mention of a visio addon for crm. "Trapp" <mtrapp@ccrmich.com> wrote in message news:0d8001c35765$b3a03400$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone worked incorporating Visio functionality in MS > CRM? Client looking for org chart capability along with > a central view of who is working on what for a particular > account. See www.greenbeacon.com for CRM Org Chart capability. >...

Exchange 2007 and Public folders
We are moving to exchange 2007 and figured now would be a good time to migrate our public folders from exchange 2000 to Sharepoint Services 3.0. Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to accomplish this? Many thanks Mike On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 01:24:37 -0800, Mike Baugh <MikeBaugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are moving to exchange 2007 and figured now would be a good time to >migrate our public folders from exchange 2000 to Sharepoint Services 3.0. >Does anyone have any suggestions on how best to accomplish this? > >Many thanks >Mike Not a bad pl...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Pasting a chart from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 trouble
This seems like it should be simple!! Why is half of my pie chart disappearing when I try to paste it from excel to word? I have no idea of what is going on. Any ideas? Thanks! Vegas - For me, the best way to paste a chart from Excel 2007 into Word is to select the chart, choose Home | Paste | As Picture | Copy as Picture | etc., select an insertion point in Word, and Edit | Paste. Try the various Copy as Picture options to see which works best for you. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Vegas" <Vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C13CFD60-DAA...

How send email inline (not as attachment) from Word 2007?
In Word 2003, when I have a document open I can click File | Send To | and then choose Mail Recipient to have Word open Outlook and email the document as text inside the message, not as an attachment. However, in Word 2007 when I click on the MS Office button and choose Send, that option sends it as an attachment. There doesn't seem to be an option to send it inline. Any thoughts? Thanks. Add the "Send to Mail Recipient" item to the Quick Access Toolbar. You will find it in the All Commands group. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Import PowerPoint Block Diagram into Visio 2003 Pro
I created a big block diagram in PowerPoint before we attained Visio here. Now that I have Visio, I would like to import that into Visio to modify it and put it in that format. My problem is when I import it, it imports as a picture and I cannot move any lines from one block to another, etc. Is there a way of importing the diagram from PowerPoint into Visio and have it editable instead of being an object that cannot be changed?? Thank you You should be able to "ungroup" the Powerpoint object. Or, copy from PowerPoint, and Paste-Special as a metafile. Then ungroup it. You'...

outlook 2007 resolution vs outlook2003
A user sent out a notice which was an embedded JPG file to about 10 test users. All of the outlook2007 clients had great resolution while the outlook 2003 clients had bad/blurry resolution of the notice. Is there a built in function that controls this or is it hard coded or ?? many regards Carl ...

Very New To Visio
I'm trying to place an MS Word document bookmark "text" output into a Visio shape using the Visio Hyperlink. Can anyone provide an example of the address statement to accomplish this? Help very much appreciated. It's a little different than putting text into visio. Hyperlinks allow you to go from the visio shape to the document with the bookmark (i.e. it opens the word doc at the bookmark). insert => hyperlink, browse to the local document, put the bookmark name in the subaddress field al "George Elkins" <GeorgeElkins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Users and Security Groups (PWA 2007)
Hi, It's easy to know which users belongs to a Security Group in PWA, but, in the reverse order, is it possible to know (to display) to Group(s) the user belongs to? Thanks Just click on the user's name in Manage Users? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > It's easy to know which users belongs to a Security Group in PWA, but, > in > the reverse order, is it possible to know (to display) to Group(s) the > user > belongs to? > Thanks Yes Andrew, But as each of my Resources belong to only one Gro...

Excel 2007 option
The display option for charting 0 values is fixed on Zero; the gap option is grayed out. How do I get this fixed or is there a step I'm missing? TIA. Dpingger If your chart is a column chart or a combo chart that includes a column series, the setting may be disabled. Start with a line chart, change the setting, then convert the series to the types you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ DPingger wrote: > The display option for charting 0 values is fixed on Zero; the gap option is > grayed out. How...

Outlook 2007 #10
I am running Outlook 2007, when I download my messages, they do not show in the reading pane. But they do in Outlook Express Ride safe Barry ...

Exporting From Visio to Sql Server
I have set up my database schema in my Visio Professional 2003. Is there a way to export the schema to my Sql Server? There is an Export function, but it doesn't seem to be for creating tables from the schema. Thanks, Tom. you have to be at visio enterpise level to export, not professional. Al "Thomas Scheiderich" <tfs@deltanet.com> wrote in message news:10lcead2rpijja4@corp.supernews.com... >I have set up my database schema in my Visio Professional 2003. > > Is there a way to export the schema to my Sql Server? > > There is an Export function, but it...

Inserting a Publisher 2003 page be inserted into a Word 2007 docu.
I created an announcement in Publisher and now want to use the entire publisher page in a newsletter. I used Publisher 2003 for the announcement and Word 2007 for the newsletter. How do I go about it? Select the entire Publisher page and save it as a JPEG or GIF. Then use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in Word. You may be able to just select and copy everything on the page in Publisher and then paste it into Word, but saving it as a picture will probably give better results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http...

2007 Calendar Templates
How can I download a template for December 2007? All I see is a template for January 2007. Need some help. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:23:00 -0800, Buffett <Buffett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You are incorrectly assuming people generally will know what you're talking about. How about trying again, specifying the version of Access you are using, where you get the template from, etc. -Tom. >How can I download a template for December 2007? All I see is a template for >January 2007. Need some help. ...

mechanical stencil
Where can I get the mechanical stencil for gears and timing pulleys. ------=_NextPart_0001_91D04450 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Depending on your version and edition, you should be able to find a Gear shape by using the Search for Shapes on the left Shapes pane in Visio. If you have Visio Professional 2003 or 2007 it should be under Mechanical Engineering/Springs and Bearings stencil (it's under Engineering in 2007). I don't think there's a pulley shape in Visio or on Visio Web Shapes (what Visio searches when you're connected to Internet). ...

Using 1 Stencil in a network
How do I take a pre-made stencil and put it on the network where many people can open it at once? I think I need the file set in some kind of locked mode so it can be opened, but not edited by others to allow this. Thank you very much for any help in what is probably an obvious fix. For others anyway :) Chris To make a Stencil ReadOnly, use SaveAs and pull down the arrow on the Save button to reveal the ReadOnly option. You can include a stencil in the Visio environment with: Tools / Options / Advanced / File Paths / Stencils but ... network paths can be slow However, you could bui...

ERD relationship connections Visio 2003
I am trying to change the relationship connector style by choosing format->line and then choosing different ends for the line. It changes in the preview of the dialog, but no effect on the actual connector. Neither can I. Is there no rule in ERD as in UML about the meaning of the line arrows ? Maybe Visio protects you against yourself. This is diagramming, not drawing. "Alex" wrote: > I am trying to change the relationship connector style by choosing > format->line and then choosing different ends for the line. It changes in the > preview of the dialog, but no e...

Outlook 2007
My outlook 2007 will not open up and this has been the problem for a few days now. I get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I have done a search for "outlook.exe" on my C drive but the only things which come are "Outlook" Program files microsoft Office Office12 and Outlook.exe.manifest located in the same file. Please help me? I have tried running a repair on the Office Outlook 2007 cd with no luck -- HELP! "aussie41353" <aussie41353@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Viewing Word 2007 docs in Office XP
Info I have found shows previous versions to be 2000, 2002 and 2003.........having a problem viewing docs in Office XP. Does anyone know if the 'compatability' download will make the fix for XP? Thanks Office XP = Office 2002 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "awol2vegas" <awol2vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E81819E0-355D-49AC-B387-C0386AEC4C40@microsoft.com... > Info I have found shows previous versions...

Exchange 2007 Scripts
Hi, I intend to deploy Exchange 2007 in my environment and I would like to know if there is a script for that. In Exchange 2007 can I create a Mailbox? Thanks. Luiz Ciao Luiz, > Hi, > > I intend to deploy Exchange 2007 in my environment and I would like to > know > if there is a script for that. > In Exchange 2007 can I create a Mailbox? look here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/message/exch2007/recip/index.mspx > Thanks. > > Luiz Bye -- Mitch Microsoft� MVP - [Windows Server System - Exchange Server] http://mvp.support.microsoft.com...

How do I move from page to page in Publisher 2007?
Publisher 2003 showed a view of all pages across the bottom of the publication. How can I tell how many pages are in my publication and how do I get from one page to the other in Publisher 2007? Bobbie wrote: > Publisher 2003 showed a view of all pages across the bottom of the > publication. How can I tell how many pages are in my publication and > how do I get from one page to the other in Publisher 2007? ======================================= If your Status Bar is missing...maybe the following info will be useful: The following solution was posted in the Publisher newsgroup on ...

Excel 2007 capped at 50% CPU utilization?
I've got several large datasets (couple hundred thousand rows), with some custom VB functions and lookups, which feed a pivot table. On a dual-core T60p thinkpad (WinXP, 3GB RAM), calculations can take a while. The little message bar a the bottom of Excel shows that it knows about the dual-cores while calculating. However, sometimes calculations seems to be taking forever to complete, so I'll pull up Task Manager to check the CPU utilization. Why does Excel 2007 seem to stop at 50% utilization? I've got no other primary applications running, so Excel will be pegged at 50% of m...

Project 2007, Code646
Installed: Vista Pro SP2, Office Small Biz 2007 Both are WIN 32 EN (assuming this is 32bit op sys - english version) History: Updates usually install ok. Periodically needed to manually install (download the KB### - glb file from MS Site and run). All worked fine. Recently Installed MS Project Std 2007 Now 3 updates (that are old and already installed) appear in 'Updates to Install' KB951550 - Security Update for MS Office 2007 KB951944 - Security Update for 2007 MS Office System SP2 - 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 2 I tried repeately to install these both autom...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...