Visual studio 2008 VSTO deployment for office 2003

I created a VSTO solution (add-in) with Visual studio 2008 for visio 2003. i
used the .NET  framework 2.0.

I need help with step by step deployment instructions using the setup
project. I want to deploy to multiple machines (clients).

I have read some instrunctions that includes copying manifests, to
deployment location, how do i know the different files i would need to place
in the deployment folder?

Is the deployment  folder the path specified during the setup?

How do i grant full trust to the assemblies? I read that i am to do it but
don't know how to.

I looked at the pre-requisites:
Installed the .NET framework
The VSTO runtime
grant trust  to assemblies

Thanks in advance.

0
Biggaford (13)
12/17/2008 4:04:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

"Biggaford" wrote:

> I created a VSTO solution (add-in) with Visual studio 2008 for visio 2003. i
> used the .NET  framework 2.0.
>
> I need help with step by step deployment instructions using the setup
> project. I want to deploy to multiple machines (clients).
>
> I have read some instrunctions that includes copying manifests, to
> deployment location, how do i know the different files i would need to place
> in the deployment folder?
>
> Is the deployment  folder the path specified during the setup?
>
> How do i grant full trust to the assemblies? I read that i am to do it but
> don't know how to.
>
> I looked at the pre-requisites:
> Installed the .NET framework
> The VSTO runtime
> grant trust  to assemblies
>

> Thanks in advance.

Steps I took:

Ensure User computer has .NET framework installed.
Have a complete install of the Visio 2003 professional
Ensure the VSTO runtime is installed
Then, I grant trust to the assemblies in the deployment directory specified
during the setup.
The following is what i used:

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol -u -ag All_Code -url
"C:\VisioDeployment\VisioReprint.dll" FullTrust -n "Test_Deployment"

Is this the best way to grant trust to the assemblies?
0
Biggaford (13)
12/18/2008 3:01:03 PM
http://the-simple-programmer.blogspot.com/2011/02/deploy-visual-studio-2008-vsto-add-in.html

> On Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:04 AM Biggafor wrote:

> I created a VSTO solution (add-in) with Visual studio 2008 for visio 2003. i
> used the .NET  framework 2.0.
>
> I need help with step by step deployment instructions using the setup
> project. I want to deploy to multiple machines (clients).
>
> I have read some instrunctions that includes copying manifests, to
> deployment location, how do i know the different files i would need to place
> in the deployment folder?
>
> Is the deployment  folder the path specified during the setup?
>
> How do i grant full trust to the assemblies? I read that i am to do it but
> don't know how to.
>
> I looked at the pre-requisites:
> Installed the .NET framework
> The VSTO runtime
> grant trust  to assemblies
>

> Thanks in advance.

>> On Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:01 AM Biggafor wrote:

>> "Biggaford" wrote:
>>

>> Steps I took:
>>
>> Ensure User computer has .NET framework installed.
>> Have a complete install of the Visio 2003 professional
>> Ensure the VSTO runtime is installed
>> Then, I grant trust to the assemblies in the deployment directory specified
>> during the setup.
>> The following is what i used:
>>
>> %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol -u -ag All_Code -url
>> "C:\VisioDeployment\VisioReprint.dll" FullTrust -n "Test_Deployment"
>>
>> Is this the best way to grant trust to the assemblies?

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe
>> Pass Values Between Windows Forms
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a3e1e170-21d9-4a59-a659-3ead05bb36f2/pass-values-between-windows-forms.aspx
0
iainm1970 (1)

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

IE8 on Win Server 2008 64bit
Hi I have recently installed a new server with 2008 std server 64bit. This automatically comes with IE8 secured to the highest level. I have an Eaton Powerware 5130 UPS that has a client software that runs in a browser window and when i try to launch the program I get and error stating that IE8 has crashed and need to close. If IE8 is launched normally it works without any problems. The error details are as follows: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iexplore.exe Application Version: 7.0.6002.1800...

Streets and Trips 2008 with GPS
I couldnt find a specific group from that long list. Anyway, most, but not all of the time, all I get when using the GPS tracking feature is that it is "receiving data" but it stays stuck in that mode with 0 sats. This happens even when driving down major highways in large cities with the laptop on the front seat near the window, or even when clipped to the front window. People tell me they can connect in seconds. When connected to the laptop, the gps receiver glows blue, so it is getting power. What is the problem? How can I tell if the receiver itself is defective? thank...

Outlook 2003 vcard is blank
Hi I am using exchange 2003 sp2 with outlook 2003 sp2 . When I forward a vcard the recipient only gets a blank .msg file . When I instert a contact into my email the same problem . I have tried sending as rtf , text only using word as my email editor , and not and still the same problem .The only way I can sent a vcard is if I save it as vcard manually in outlook then manually attach it to the email which is quite annoying . When I use my outlook at home which is not on an exchange server i can forward vcards fine . Is there any other documentation on this problem ? Thanks ...

Only Exporting 16384 records with Office '02 and Excel '03
How come it only lets me export this many records with the newer versions?????? My original long answer seems to be lost. In a nutshell, don't use OutPutTo. Instead using TransferSpreadsheet instead. You can readily chose which version of Excel for the export. if memory serves, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9 will allow 64K of records. DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "qryA", "n:\qryA.xls", True -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Schwimms" wrote: > How com...

Problem with calendar item & Outlook 2003
Hi everyone, I am having some issues with "stubborn" calendar items in Outlook. We have two items in the Outlook calendar which cannot be edited or removed. They are marked as "free" but show as "busy". The weirdest thing about these items is that they don't display in OWA, there is no item there at all for that time. I thought it might have been something funny with the OST file (we use cached Exchange mode) but it was replicated on another machine with and without cached Exchange mode active. Has anyone seen this before and know how to solve it? Fr...

Deploying SP2 to MS Exchange Server 2003
I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 running Exchange 2003 SP1? On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:05 -0800, "AllenM" <allen.miyake@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm curious as to if the Release notes for "Microsoft Exchanger server 2003 >Service Pack 2 Release Notes" 906671 applies to SBS 2003 Premium Server SP1 >running Exchange 2003 SP1? > Sp2 is supported on SBS 2003, so I would say yes Thanks for your opinion Andy. given that c...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

Group Policy Defaults for SBS 2003
I am searching for a list with the default group policy for SBS2003 Premium. (I want to verfiy some settings on our SBS2003 prior to migration to SBS2008). At Susan Bradley's Blog, i've found a very good post, but unfortunately only for SBS2008: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/05/29/group-policy-defaults-for-sbs-2008.aspx Does any one have such a listing for SBS2003? Thany You. Christian. I don't think this exists (at least I haven’t been able to find it for SBS 2003). You might want to: + take a laptop (NOT joined to your SBS domain) + insta...

Those of you with a 0x8004210A error message on Outlook 2003's Internet Mail, read this. I've made it work here
Hi everyone I'd been fighting this one for some time and finally got things working today. I noticed there were lots of questions about it on these newsgroups and not many answers (no offense, just what I found). Anyway, I got tipped off by an article on the Microsoft site, but one I found by accident. Here's what I did: I searched the entire system drive for the Inetcomm.dll file, and found two. One was iirc in Windows' SYSTEM32 folder, the other in some ServicePackSomething folder. The files were different versions (the SYSTEM32 one being newer, as expected). What I did was...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

microsoft office upgrade from 04 to 08
does each license entitle you to load it on one family computer or can the whole house use the same license for all their computers for Microsoft office 08? The whole house CANNOT use the same license (by license I mean the code you use to install it, the Product Key on a yellowish sticker on the CD case). It's basically one license per person--you are actually allowed to use the same license on both a laptop and a desktop, but not if your daughter is using the laptop in her bedroom, while you use the desktop in the living room. If you use the desktop at home and the laptop while t...

outlook 2003 connecting to Exchange Server 2003
I have a multihomed environment and am trying to connect my user to my exchange 2003 server. The Primary NIC is used for Internet access and the Secondary is used the connect to my Exchange server. When I setup Outlook 2003 in the Exchange Server field it always wants to resolve the server name to the FQDN. Then it searches for the public IP Address on the Primary NIC. If I ping the server name it knows which NIC to use and doesn't have a problem. How can i set it up to only look for the server name? try entering the IP address of the server instead of the name for resoluti...

Can't find a link to download the Office 2003 Student and Teacher
Why can't I find the link to download Office 2003 Student and Teacher Ed? I have the product key but my original cd has gone missing... Help! Because the link doesn't exist. Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "TRenee" <TRenee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0832A59-9C02-462E-8614-D61AAC37DF33@microsoft.com... : Why can't I find the link to download Office 2003 Student and Teacher Ed? I : have the product key but my original cd has gone missing... Help! How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service p...

Unable to debug clr procs on studio pro
When I attempt to debug aclr proc from a windows 2008 box that has studio 2008 pro I am able to deploy the proc. But I receive first a warning then an exception WARNING: Unable to determine if the windows firewall is blocking remote debugging. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. T-SQL execution ended without debugging. You may not have sufficient permissions to debug. Click Help for more information. I'm using Integrated auth in sql connections and am a domain admin on both of the servers. I see nothing in the logs on the sql box that is h...

Exchange 2003 computer account
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 network (AD). One of my admins was trying to test the exchange restore, but he screwed up. He setup a test network, isolated from production network. He tried to do restore from tape, etc, etc. I still don't know exactly what he did, but our production exchange is not part of network anymore.. I notice the Exchange server name was missing from Exchange Domain Servers groups in AD. So I added back in. The computer name is still in AD. However we cannot login into Exchange server into domain. When I try to do that, I get a message that says: Window...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 + Server 2008 RC 1 + SQL 2008 CTP 5
Hi all, I have tried to install CRM 4.0 CTP3 based on Server 2008 RC1 and SQL 2008 CTP5. I have encountered the following error message while registering a new Organization : "Version string portion was too short or too long " I have googled around and found this little information : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/chats/trans/sql/07_0611_tn_katmai.mspx Brian Welcker (Expert): Q: I've tried to install the CRM titan CTP with SQL server 2008 ,the reporting services failed to be authenticated with the CRM generating this error "Version string portion was to...

Newsgroups in Outlook 2003 #7
Hi, My ISP is BT. I have just started to use Outlook 2003. My Question is how do I configure Outlook 2003 to get Newsgroups. I used to use it in Vista mail but found it to slow. Also Microsoft Newsgroups too. Thx in advance "Stuart" <nuffer@talktalk.net> wrote in message news:E6DF810A-DC5A-434B-BAD3-2086B0CDF722@microsoft.com... > Hi, My ISP is BT. I have just started to use Outlook 2003. My Question is > how do I configure Outlook 2003 to get Newsgroups. I used to use it in > Vista mail but found it to slow. Also Microsoft Newsgroups too. > > Thx in a...

Error Code 0X8004010F with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I am getting Error Code 0X8004010F when I hit the send/receive button. Mail is flowing normally, though. There is no error message with Outlook 2000 connecting to the same Exchange 2003 server. We are using Cached mode with the Outlook 2003 client, but the error appears even if I disable that option. The error code appeared when I initially installed Exchange 2003, and went away. It has mysteriously returned. Does anyone know what the error is and how it can be resolved? Thanks. Paul, We recently upgrade to 2003 and found the following stopped the error: In Outlook 2003, choose ...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

I need the product key for microsoft office publisher
my email address is casacrochell@yahoo.com 1 You've posted in a Microsoft Project group 2 No one is going to give you their product key as it might invalidate theirs! 3 If you haven't got a product key on your box it's probably pirated or you've lost it so call Microsoft -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "microsoft office publisher" <microsoft office publisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EE80A8-C...