Visio Viewer shows blank pages in Internet Explorer 6

Hi All,

My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?

Thanks a lot,

0
kflau23 (1)
10/27/2007 7:08:52 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E

It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as
we have seen this occur before.

Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any
hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
Also, check specifically for update MS07-057
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as we have seen this occur before.
\par
\par Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
\par Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
\par
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E--

0
barbway (115)
12/12/2007 1:33:37 AM
We are having same problem.

I could only narrow down to removing following two patches. But it doesn't
work on all machines. Patches removed from test machines are KB943460,
KB933729

any help will be greatly appreciated.

"kflau23@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
> opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
> see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
> 2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
> file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
> install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?
>
> Thanks a lot,

0
AZ (24)
1/14/2008 5:33:04 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069

There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior
of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
which can impact the Viewer.

Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct
impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020
installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.
Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also
needed MS06-057
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).

Hope that helps!

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation

------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar, which can impact the Viewer.
\par
\par Also, there have been some Security Updates which seem to have a direct impact on the way the Viewer loads.  Check to see if you have MS06-020 installed. If so, then you want to ensure that MS06-033 is also installed.  Some systems (at least a few Server 2003 machines, in particular) have also needed MS06-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;939653).
\par
\par Hope that helps!
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_0166A069--

0
barbway (115)
1/21/2008 11:25:47 PM
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
Way) wrote:

>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the behavior
>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>which can impact the Viewer.

I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
code be not be a very easy option?

1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
diagram type.
2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
3. disable macros.
4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
5. disable VBA. COM and automation
6. new startup splash screen
7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries

That's probably > 95% of the work done.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

John...    Visio MVP

PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2,
there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later
versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was suggested,
but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done. File bloat
was a key problem.

Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm

"Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
> Way) wrote:
>
>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the
>>behavior
>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>>which can impact the Viewer.
>
> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
> code be not be a very easy option?
>
> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
> diagram type.
> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
> 3. disable macros.
> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
> 6. new startup splash screen
> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>
> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>

> --
> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

0
lancucki (505)
1/22/2008 3:25:30 PM
MS, mostly space...

"John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on
> space, but does not do much.
>
> John...    Visio MVP
>
> PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2,
> there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later
> versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was
> suggested, but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done.
> File bloat was a key problem.
>
> Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
> Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
> Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
>
> "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:25:47 GMT, barbway@online.microsoft.com (Barb
>> Way) wrote:
>>
>>>There are a number of different IE updates which have impacted the
>>>behavior
>>>of ActiveX controls loading in IE6.  Since the Viewer is a control, the
>>>users need the ability to see/approve of the use of the control. Some
>>>systems have Group Policies in place which suppress the information bar,
>>>which can impact the Viewer.
>>
>> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
>> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
>> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
>> code be not be a very easy option?
>>
>> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
>> diagram type.
>> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
>> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
>> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
>> 3. disable macros.
>> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
>> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
>> 6. new startup splash screen
>> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
>>
>> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
>>

>> --
>> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
>> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

0
aledlund1 (27)
1/22/2008 4:01:12 PM
Guys, Issue is resolved by installing the latest IE6 Cummulative Patch.
Thanks all for your assistance.

"Al Edlund" wrote:

> MS, mostly space...
>
> "John Marshall, MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> > The only downside is that you would have an application that pigs out on
> > space, but does not do much.
> >
> > John...    Visio MVP
> >
> > PS: I made the same argument for the first Visio viewer. In Visio 1 and 2,
> > there was a demo version that could be used as a "Viewer", but for later
> > versions there was no "free" viewer. So stripping down Visio was
> > suggested, but there was a long list of reasons why it could not be done.
> > File bloat was a key problem.
> >
> > Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm
> > Need VBA examples?   http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm
> > Visio Wishlist       http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm
> >
> > "Paul Herber" <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wrote in message

> >> I'm quite willing to accept the epithet MisterStateTheObvious (with
> >> the rider that I have over 30 years experience of writing software)
> >> but wouldn't a Visio viewer application built from the Visio source
> >> code be not be a very easy option?
> >>
> >> 1. disable all the standard Visio start up behaviour to choose the
> >> diagram type.
> >> 2. disable most of the now inappropriate menus and toolbars. The only
> >> menus needed are Open, Print, Print Preview, maybe View -> Zoom. You
> >> might also want to keep Find and Goto Page.
> >> 3. disable macros.
> >> 4. disable the appropriate CMNDs.
> >> 5. disable VBA. COM and automation
> >> 6. new startup splash screen
> >> 7. no Options, no security settings, no registry entries
> >>
> >> That's probably > 95% of the work done.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
> >> Electronics for Visio        http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/

0
AZ (24)
1/23/2008 3:11:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65

C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)

 ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
\par It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
\par
\par  ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2AF3AC65--

0
barbway (115)
1/30/2008 1:08:59 AM
and that is what we recommended in the old days on the CompuServe forum,
before Visio 3.0.

John...    Visio MVP

"Barb Way" <barbway@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> C'mon, guys - there's a wonderful viewer out on the Office Online site.
> It's called the Trial ... after 30 days, it's a viewer :-)
>
> ... I'm KIDDING.  But it would work, and be really big, as John noted.
>
> Barb Way
> Product Support - Visio
> Microsoft Corporation
> rights.

0
lancucki (505)
1/30/2008 3:33:31 AM
I have XP Pro - Office 2007 and I've tried to install Visio Viewer 2007 and 2010 to get the viewer to actually show the file but MS Internet Explorer returns a blank page. I've tried to implement the registry fix in the MS documentation. Microsucks suggests that we install Viewer 2003 but they have broken all of the download links to this version. We would suggest that Microsucks produce a product that works - perhaps a program that recognizes when a supporting program like ACTIVE X is not working properly. Perhaps some sort of diagnostic routine to determine what the problem is if this is so complicated. We just can not implement all of the security updates that Microsucks puts out - mostly because some of them - always random - cause problems with our work environment. When we actually get some competition for MS then we will see better product from them. Better yet let's just switch to cloud computing and eliminate Bill and his team altogether.

> On Saturday, October 27, 2007 3:08 AM kflau2 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> My PC installed Visio Viewer 2003, but everytime I open Visio file, IE
> opened, and I accepted the ActiveX, but Blank Page appear and cannot
> see the Visio content ! I tried to reinstall Visio viewer 2003 ( even
> 2007 ), but cannot fix !, I tried another computer opened this visio
> file and it's work ! How can I fix this problem ? Do I need to re-
> install IE 6 or upgrade to IE 7 ?
>
> Thanks a lot,

>> On Tuesday, December 11, 2007 8:33 PM barbwa wrote:

>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
>>
>> It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as
>> we have seen this occur before.
>>
>> Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any
>> hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
>> Also, check specifically for update MS07-057
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
>>

>> Barb Way
>> Product Support - Visio
>> Microsoft Corporation
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E
>>
>> {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
>> \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 It's possible that you may be missing one or more IE6 Security updates, as we have seen this occur before.
>> \par
>> \par Check using Windows Update or Microsoft Update to see if there are any hidden updates that you have skipped installing.
>> \par Also, check specifically for update MS07-057 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=939653)
>> \par
>> \par
>> \par Barb Way
>> \par Product Support - Visio
>> \par Microsoft Corporation
>> \par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>> \par }
>> ------=_NextPart_0001_64EA523E--

>>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 12:33 PM A wrote:

>>> We are having same problem.
>>>
>>> I could only narrow down to removing following two patches. But it doesn't
>>> work on all machines. Patches removed from test machines are KB943460,
>>> KB933729
>>>
>>> any help will be greatly appreciated.

6:49:00 AM converted to 00:06:49 AM
I have a column of time that is showing the minutes as hours and th seconds as minutes. Example=> 6:49:00 AM needs to be converted t 00:06:49 AM. I need to shift everything to the right one semicolon. am formated as [hh]:mm:ss. This column does not have a set amount o rows therefore the fix needs to effect the entire column and should no be cell specific....By the way this site is a huge Help....I want t give a big thanks ahead of time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi caseyoconnor10! Create a backup in case you want the original data. Use: Put 60 in an empty cell Se...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Show alternate or different characters
I have a column that contains Social Security numbers. I would like this column to display the numbers as 'xxx-xx-1234'. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do this. Cell formatting doesn't tell really say about a 'replacement' character. Select the column Click Format > Cells > Special > Social Security Number Click OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Greg Hill" <Greg Hill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D654E9DC-9EB2-41D0-BAC5-F8EA7F3303B...

internet exploror keeps closing down
Hi all Today I have been surfing the net as normal but after a few minutes and after a few web clicks the whole IE7 dissapears to the desktop, If I have a few windows of IE7 open they all dissapear. I have done a complete system scan for any problems with Norton Internet Security 2010 - all that came up was about 40 tracking cookies. I then did a Registry clean and there was a heap of things found but that is now clean, I did a Defragment of the registry also. My NIS2010 is using the latest updates. I havnt installed any new Windows updates, only the ones when I did a clean in...

Number of lines printed on page
On our sales documents, when we have a lot of lines the last few lines are printing over the footer information. Line item comments are added to many items and the comments range from 1 to 4 lines. How can I force a new page based on the total number of lines printed? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim Increase the size of your Page Footer and Report Footer to decrease the amount of lines available for the body to print in. Normally with a form, the Page Header size should match the Report Header size and the Page Footer size should match the Report Footer size. Hope this helps David M...

how to show created on date in excel?
I need to show the date the spreadsheet was created on...is there an easier way than writing a vb script? Hi no, you need VBA for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Val wrote: > I need to show the date the spreadsheet was created on...is there an > easier way than writing a vb script? ...

IE 6 XP Sp1 or SP2 displays fonts very huge. (48pitch)
Here is the issue I am having. XP Pro, IE6 SP1 or SP2. IE is displaying web pages in a huge font, about 48 pitch and buttons on the pages are very large. I have changed the font settings in VIEW, Text Size but this does not help. I have changed the TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, ACCESSIBILITY options to activate IGNORE FONTS and it helps somewhat but all is still rather large. This appears on most pages but not all. Some pages display OK. Seems like it might be a CSS issue, but I am not sure. I have ran all the IE Hijack finder programs but none identified. Ran SpyBot, Virus Check,...

Combining data from 6 workbooks into one master
Please can you help with this. I have 6 workbooks with one sheet in each that is identical - with text data in I need to design a 'master' sheet that when one is updated so is the master. The amount of rows will differ for each sheet but the column names are the same in the same place. Thanks is advance Check out Ron's site, especially the section about halfway down dealing with Copy/Paste/Merge. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm He has several ways of combining multiple sheets and/or workbooks into a a summary workbook/worksheet/csv file. -- Best Regar...

TO not showing in Outlook
Outlook 2003 I have a user who is attempting to send an email to someone and when he puts the address in the TO box and clicks send the email 'sends' and closes. Looking in his sent items folder the email shows up but there is nothing in the TO column. When you open the email there is also a missing TO field which would normally show who the email was addressed to. This seems to be happening for just one person as we have tried other addresses both inside and outside the company and they all show up and seem to work. Checking with our network admin he was able to confirm that the...

forwarding internet e-mail in office xp
Since I upgraded to office XP, if I get an e-mail from an internet source and want to forward it our "all" account which includes everyone in the office, it get returned. This does not happen on the Office 2002 machines, only on the Office XP machines. No other problems with e-mail exist. Office XP includes Outlook 2002 - what are the actual versions of Outlook? Look in help | about. What is the exact text of the NDR (non delivery report)? Is your Exchange server handling *all* your mail or are you using Internet mail in Outlook? 1stBill wrote: > Since I upgraded to off...

Different Header on First page in Excel
Is there a way to not have the Header show up on the 1st page of an Excel Spreadsheet? Would like the answer to this from Excel 2000 and 2003 formats. Thanks! Try this from Ron de Bruin posted earlier this spring: Suppress Header on 1st Page Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT (50)") With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .RightHeader = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1 .RightHeader = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=2, To:=TotPages End With En...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

How can I remove blank spaces from fields
Hi, I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are not recognised as being true duplicates. My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data? e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld nozzaworld nozza world Many thanks -- nozzaworld Hi, I assume your information is in column A, then in another column enter =trim(A1) Overwrite column A with new column copying as value "nozzaworld" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a column o...

Can't refer to Detail Report control on Page Footer?
I have a control in the detail section ([TotalHrs]) of my report that adds the Nz([DayValues],0) together for 16 other controls. This control works fine. The report is grouped on EmpID, with a force new page on new value (using the ForceNewPage After Section in the EmpID Footer). Now, in the page footer, I have a control ([SumTotalHrs]) that I want to total the section's worth of hours (By using the running sum feature Over Section). Granted, this will not look correct if EmpID's section is more than two pages, but it doesn't even work. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. I...

Using Picasso Photo Viewer to Open Excel Hyperlink in MS 2007?
I want to use Picasso Photo Viewer (PPV) to open images that are HTML linked within a MS Officer 2007 - Excel spreadsheet. I've looked at file associations (using MS 7 OS) - but to no avail. Currently, IE opens up, then prompts me for an Active X overide and opens it with Quicktime. Any solutions please? In XP with MS Office 2003, it was just a matter of chaning the image to a proprietory PNG file. PPV is engaged if I just open the image within the folder - but not from the spreadsheet HTML link? ...

donot show hidden files in CFileDialog
hey all If you have the hidden files visible in Explorer -> Tools ->Folder Options -> View tab then all hidden files are visible in CFileDialog as well. Is there any way to override this behavior. I want all hidden files hidden irrespective of what the system settings is , in one of my CFileDialogs Thanks Raj As far as I know, the CFileDialog displays files/folders according to the user settings. There is no way to change this behavior. -Atul, Sky Software http://www.ssware.com Shell MegaPack For ActiveX & .Net - Windows Explorer Like Shell UI Controls <rajkumar@hot...

OUTLOOK 2007
Greetings, I have found a repeatable problem with OL2007. When I receive messages, many of them will not appear in the Inbox. However, the number adjacent to the Inbox on the folder tree does show the proper number of unread messages. If I click on the Unread Mail Search Folder, then I can see the messages. If I then click back to the Inbox, the messages show up properly. Configuration: WinXP Pro w/ SP2 - Fully Patched Office 2007 Enterprise - Fully Patched Norton Internet Security 2007 with Add-On Pack (Includes AntiSpam) - Fully Patched The size of my PST file is approximately 950MB. I...

Page numbers #5
I am running Publisher 2000, my page number 3 does not need to be page 3 it needs to be page 1 how do you change the page number and make it continue with the new until the end of the document? Publisher does not allow that. You either have to manually number the pages, or you can use the Merge feature to number the pages. -- A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>!"... > Publisher does not allow that. Publisher does allow that. Publisher 2000 and below do not allow that. One of the great featur...

Conditional Page Break
I posted this in reports, but no one answered: How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the subreport has data? Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an unnecessary page break in those instances. Thank you, Kathy Kathy Webster wrote: >I posted this in reports, but no one answered: > >How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the >subreport has data? >Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an >unnecessary page break in those instances. Cross posting to 6 newag...

Outlook & Internet Explorer #2
User could not open Outlook. Replaced profile w/new one, still couldn't open. After new profile was created, pop- up window for Internet Wizard Setup appeared, which should not have since I.E has already been configured on the pc. How can I fix my Outlook issue? ...

property page with COM control inside .dll does not work!
Hi, all I am trying to make a MFC extension DLL in which there is a property page, and there is a COM control(Windows Media Player) in this property page. And I use this function in dll to create the property page: __declspec(dllexport) CPropertyPage* TE_newPage(); I call this function to create a property page in my .exe project and add it to my property sheet. I can compile this project with success but this property page does not work. The Application can run withou error messages, and the property page can be seen. But once you click the tab, it just disppears! And the Media Player COM...

Showing internet headers in Outlook 2002
I need to print out e-mails from my archive 'sent' folder and from my regular 'sent' folder to show all of the internet routing that the message took. When I go to 'view' and select 'message header', I don't see the internet routing data and can't seem to find where I would select that option to see the routing. You can find the internet headers in View | Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:11c701...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Items to Review not showing up.
After downloading new transactions from my bank, Money recognizes that I have downloaded these transactions and that I even need to review them. However, they will not list under the accounts. I have tried every display option, including All Dates, Unaccepted Transactions from Current Month, etc. This is happening with two accounts. Have also tried repairing my Money file. Any insight? Thanks, Chris Did it ever work? How about the left panel, is there a View Downloads or similar? Investment and Bank accounts are different in processing of updates depending on version differences. ...

Macro to insert blank lines
I wonder if anyone already has a macro for the following operation I perform quite often please? I insert blank lines in a long table whenever a particular column changes. A typical example is in a list containing a Year column, sorted by Year. It improves readability to add a blank line between the 1972 and 1973 sections, 1973 and 1974...etc. -- Terry, West Sussex, UK try Sub InsertRow() For i = cells(rows.count,"a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i, 1).Value <> Cells(i - 1, 1).Value Then Rows(i).Insert End If Next End Sub -- Don Gui...