Visio Viewer 2003 shows blank pages in Internet Explorer 6

Hello,

When opening a Visio .vsd file created with Visio 2002 or 2003 using
Explorer -> right mouse button -> open with -> Internet Explorer, I
get a blank page.

Already tried the following but nothing helped:
* Uninstall/Reinstall of Visio 2003 Viewer
* Repair of Visio 2003 Viewer
* http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910349
* Install of Visio 2007 Viewer

Visio Professional 2003 is also installed on my pc, but I don't know
which was installed first: Visio or the Viewer.
But the problem appears also on pcs without Visio Pro. Currently we
have no other option than to advise our users to request that Visio
Pro is installed, but we would like to avoid that because of licensing
costs (and because most people don't need to edit Visio files anyway).

Interestingly, this problem does not occur on every pc, and the
problem started to appear only a few weeks ago. All pc configurations
should be the same, and I have no information about any differences
between pcs or anything that has changed since a few weeks (software
installation is for another department, I only do Office support).

TIA,

--
Amedee Van Gasse

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On 30 mei, 09:20, Amedee Van Gasse <Amedee.VanGa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When opening a Visio .vsd file created with Visio 2002 or 2003 using
> Explorer -> right mouse button -> open with -> Internet Explorer, I
> get a blank page.

*snip*

Could this be related?
http://groups.google.be/group/microsoft.public.visio.general/browse_thread/thread/94f10f3ea0f0dd89/a16524b5c6389d74?lnk=gst&q=visio+viewer&rnum=17&hl=nl#a16524b5c6389d74

"This is Damodar from Microsoft Customer Support Services.
I tried to contact you but was unable to touch base. I worked further
on
this issue and was able to reproduce the issue as mentioned by you.
I could not find any resolution or work around for this issue at this
point
in time. Also I would like to let you know that the issue is related
entirely
with the Visio Viewer and its interaction with Windows XP SP2.
At this point in time I can only escalate this issue but won't be able
give you an assurance on the resolution because this is related to
Visio
Viewer and ideally we do not provide hot fixes for Visio Viewer, for
that
matter any viewers unless there is a major security breach."

My collegue who has a WinXPsp1 can open Visio files with IE, and I
can't - I have WinXPsp2.
I still have to veryfy other sp1/sp2 installations.

--
Amedee

*bump*
Nobody?

I found that opening a Visio file embedded as an ActiveX in an html
file works.
For example take the Visio file that the viewer installs as C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Visio Viewer\1033\SAMP_HTM.HTM

----------CUT HERE----------

<head>
<title>Microsoft Visio Viewer Sample Page</title>
</head>

<!--
 If you want the Visio Viewer to autoinstall when a user navigates to
your web page,
 you will want to substitute the following line for the equivalent
line below:

 <OBJECT classid="CLSID:279D6C9A-652E-4833-BEFC-312CA8887857"
 codebase="http://download.microsoft.com/download/visiostandard2003/
vviewer/2003/w2kxp/en-us/vviewer.exe"
 id="viewer1" width="100%" height="100%">
-->

<object classid="clsid:279D6C9A-652E-4833-BEFC-312CA8887857"
id="Viewer1" width="100%" height="100%">
  <param name="BackColor" value="16777200">
  <param name="AlertsEnabled" value="1">
  <param name="ContextMenuEnabled" value="1">
  <param name="GridVisible" value="0">
  <param name="HighQualityRender" value="1">
  <param name="PageColor" value="16777215">
  <param name="PageVisible" value="1">
  <param name="PropertyDialogEnabled" value="1">
  <param name="ScrollbarsVisible" value="1">
  <param name="SizeGripVisible" value="1">
  <param name="ToolbarVisible" value="1">
  <param name="SRC" value="SAMP_VDX.VDX">
  <param name="CurrentPageIndex" value="0">
  <param name="Zoom" value="-1">
</object>

----------CUT HERE----------

Opening SAMP_HTM.HTM with IE -> works.
Opening SAMP_VDX.VDX with IE -> does not work, blank page.

I could use this workaround for the very few files that are referenced
from our intranet, but most Visio files wind up in all kinds of
strange and exotic file shares, and our users should just have to
doubleclick them and have Internet Explorer open them using the Visio
Viewer.

The problem does not occur on all pcs, but we cannot find a difference
between a good and a bad box. Not even with filemon and regmon. (from
sysinternals) Service Packs, updates,... nothing seems to be a
determinating factor.

Dear lazyweb, do you have any suggestions?

--
Amedee Van Gasse

We also have the same issue with all the same symptoms.
An additional comment on this issue is that the VSD will open in IE6 if it
is on the local C: drive and not on a network or redirected folder.  Checked
to see if there was an issue with long file names by creating a long path and
file name on the C: drive.  The file still opens in IE6 as long as it is on
the local drive.
I have checked out the following links with no luck because they don't apply:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820857
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910349
0
RayKareer (1)

6:49:00 AM converted to 00:06:49 AM
I have a column of time that is showing the minutes as hours and th seconds as minutes. Example=> 6:49:00 AM needs to be converted t 00:06:49 AM. I need to shift everything to the right one semicolon. am formated as [hh]:mm:ss. This column does not have a set amount o rows therefore the fix needs to effect the entire column and should no be cell specific....By the way this site is a huge Help....I want t give a big thanks ahead of time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi caseyoconnor10! Create a backup in case you want the original data. Use: Put 60 in an empty cell Se...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Show alternate or different characters
I have a column that contains Social Security numbers. I would like this column to display the numbers as 'xxx-xx-1234'. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do this. Cell formatting doesn't tell really say about a 'replacement' character. Select the column Click Format > Cells > Special > Social Security Number Click OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Greg Hill" <Greg Hill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D654E9DC-9EB2-41D0-BAC5-F8EA7F3303B...

Invoice Designer Money 2003
I am using Money 2003 Deluxe & Business with all the updates. I am having a problem with the invoice I designed in invoice designer not able to transfer from computer to computer. I sometimes take my money file home to do work and when I go to print a invoice at home the Invoice I designed at my work office does not show up. What am I doing wrong. Please help!!!! Chris I have the same problem, Invoice Designer doesn't work on different operating systems. "Chris" <murrietacalif@earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje news:078d01c345db$b758a460$a501280a@phx.gbl... ...

2003 Attachment problem
This happens on two different systems I use, one Exchange based the other POP based. If I right click a file, then Send To - Mail Recipient, the message windows freezes. The email is sent, but I have to kill the message window. No problems if I attach to an email, and the Beta didn't do this. ...

Unread Meail box constantly shows there are unread messages
Outlook 2007. My "Unread mail box" indicates there are 2 unread mails - but no mails are listed in the folder. When I receive further mails, the ounct goes up and the new mails ar shown in the folder, but, always, the count of unread mails is two more than are shown. Is there a way of curing this? Gerald Do you perhaps have a filter applied to that view? If you are not bothered about where the count is coming from simply right click the folder and choose Mark All as Read. For the next time; don't multipost but crosspost instead; it will leave the discussion i...

Outlook 2003 #80
Does anyone knoe how to get Outlook 2003 to download an EXE file? Indeed - Is it ever possible? Thanks in advance Are you reading the replies to your posts? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Crispy" <nowayspammers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jX3AUM2DHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone knoe how to get Outlook 2003 to download an EXE file? > > Indeed - Is it ever possible? > > Thanks in advance > > > There is a registry edit that will allow you to over-ride the built in security. Look it up in the knowledge base. Otherwise, ...

Can't refer to Detail Report control on Page Footer?
I have a control in the detail section ([TotalHrs]) of my report that adds the Nz([DayValues],0) together for 16 other controls. This control works fine. The report is grouped on EmpID, with a force new page on new value (using the ForceNewPage After Section in the EmpID Footer). Now, in the page footer, I have a control ([SumTotalHrs]) that I want to total the section's worth of hours (By using the running sum feature Over Section). Granted, this will not look correct if EmpID's section is more than two pages, but it doesn't even work. Apparently I'm doing something wrong. I...

donot show hidden files in CFileDialog
hey all If you have the hidden files visible in Explorer -> Tools ->Folder Options -> View tab then all hidden files are visible in CFileDialog as well. Is there any way to override this behavior. I want all hidden files hidden irrespective of what the system settings is , in one of my CFileDialogs Thanks Raj As far as I know, the CFileDialog displays files/folders according to the user settings. There is no way to change this behavior. -Atul, Sky Software http://www.ssware.com Shell MegaPack For ActiveX & .Net - Windows Explorer Like Shell UI Controls <rajkumar@hot...

Using Picasso Photo Viewer to Open Excel Hyperlink in MS 2007?
I want to use Picasso Photo Viewer (PPV) to open images that are HTML linked within a MS Officer 2007 - Excel spreadsheet. I've looked at file associations (using MS 7 OS) - but to no avail. Currently, IE opens up, then prompts me for an Active X overide and opens it with Quicktime. Any solutions please? In XP with MS Office 2003, it was just a matter of chaning the image to a proprietory PNG file. PPV is engaged if I just open the image within the folder - but not from the spreadsheet HTML link? ...

All rules stopped working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C73669.DDC9E2D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, all my rules stopped working today in my outlook. 2 days ago I created = new profile and set it up to deliver to local PST (quota issue on our = exchange). I re-worked my rules and they were working just like before. = Today they stopped working. I tried export - delete- import. I tried to = delete rules and re-create them but nothing helps. If I run rules = manualy they are working. Any ideas?...

exchange 2003 sp2 database
Hi, Someone told met that I should not let the mailbox store grow above 32 GB, because it will start corrupting. Can someone tell me if this is true? I cannot find any information about what happens when the store grows bigger that 32 GB. We need the functionality that SP2 gives regarding the 16 GB limit. Thanks in advance That is total nonsense. Exchange can manage very large databases. The limiting factor in database size is backup/restore windows and maintenance times. /Simon "Ruud Boersma" <RuudBoersma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127CBDC8-65E3...

Outlook 2003 MRU
Does anyone know how I can get access to the Outlook 2003 MRU list that contains email addresses that I have used? My Sent items has been cleared down but I have a whole load of mail addresses to add to my contacts list and they are all in the MRU list that pops up as I start to enter an email address to the "TO" box ... Many thanks, jON Jon Rowlan <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can get access to the Outlook 2003 MRU list > that contains email addresses that I have used? %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\yourprofile.NK2 > My Sent items has ...

forwarding internet e-mail in office xp
Since I upgraded to office XP, if I get an e-mail from an internet source and want to forward it our "all" account which includes everyone in the office, it get returned. This does not happen on the Office 2002 machines, only on the Office XP machines. No other problems with e-mail exist. Office XP includes Outlook 2002 - what are the actual versions of Outlook? Look in help | about. What is the exact text of the NDR (non delivery report)? Is your Exchange server handling *all* your mail or are you using Internet mail in Outlook? 1stBill wrote: > Since I upgraded to off...

Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver
I have used Excel in the past to create GIF files of charts to be uploaded to the Web through Dreamweaver without difficulty. Using Excel 2003, however, GIF files that I create by "saving as web page" turn out fuzzy when posted to the web. (They look fine when copied to Word or Paint -- haven't tried Photoshop.) This is true whether I use a chart from an old file created in an earlier version of Excel or a new chart built from scratch in the Excel 2003. I've looked through the chart settings to see if my new version of Excel is configured differently from the old, ...

Different Header on First page in Excel
Is there a way to not have the Header show up on the 1st page of an Excel Spreadsheet? Would like the answer to this from Excel 2000 and 2003 formats. Thanks! Try this from Ron de Bruin posted earlier this spring: Suppress Header on 1st Page Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT (50)") With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .RightHeader = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1 .RightHeader = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=2, To:=TotPages End With En...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange 2003 SP1
Hey there, Does anyone know if Microsoft CRM has any known issues with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP1? -- mvh Morten ...

How can I remove blank spaces from fields
Hi, I have a column of fields with some duplications. I want to remove those duplications but all of the duplicates have a space at the end of them so are not recognised as being true duplicates. My question is, how do I remove the spaces from my data? e.g. so that the two fields below both read nozzaworld nozzaworld nozza world Many thanks -- nozzaworld Hi, I assume your information is in column A, then in another column enter =trim(A1) Overwrite column A with new column copying as value "nozzaworld" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a column o...

Bug in Outlook 2003's contact book
Using the Outlook address book (SP1) When setting up a new contact I add their telephone number. Next thing that happens is that I get a Location Information window appearing asking for my location in order to setup auto-dialing... If I hit cancel and then to the question "Are you sure you want to cancel" select Yes the Location window doesn't close, worse still it's stays in focus and doesn't allow me to continue working with Outlook. The only solution is to enter the details which then takes me on to the Phone & Modem options. I don't have a modem, and t...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Excel 2003
Hi Guys: There is probably no way to beat this, but it's worth a try. I am downloading a list and if count this list with the following formula it gives me what I would expect. Column A = 285 names (contiguious) (Starts in row 2) Formula =COUNTA(A:A) gives me 285 Because this list includes a lot of repeats and I am interested in a count of unique names, I sort the list. Then in column B(B2) I insert the formula =IF(A1=A2,"",A2) and copy it down. This gives me a list with lots of holes where the repeat name occur. I use the formula: = COUNTA(B:B) and expected a number much les...

Microsoft SBS 2003 with CRM error
Hello I have an SBS 2003, R2 SP1 server running CRM that causes two errors every minute (exactly every 60 seconds). They coinside 60 seconds from the time I restart the CRM Exchange Router service. The first error is a Dcom error in the System log and the second is a MSCRMExRouterService error in the application log. As they happen every minute, both logs are a sea of red and fill very quickly. (CRM and the server actually run fine and no actual issue has occured at the server or client end, just the event logs) Event Type: Error Event Source: DCOM Event Category: None Event ID: 10016 Date:...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

outllook 2003 icon problem
I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. My Desktop Icon is the old 2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon. How can I change my desktop to be the new icon? On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:05:36 -0800, "Andre Monostori" <techguy@dslextreme.com> wrote: >I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. My Desktop Icon is the old >2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon. How can I change >my desktop to be the new icon? > Have you tried deleting it and creating a new one? -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Offi...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...