Visio Viewer 2003 now available for download!

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3fb3bd5c-fed1-46cf-bd53-da23635ab2df&DisplayLang=en

Microsoft has released the latest version of the Visio Viewer, compatible
with Microsoft Office Visio 2003 and all previous versions of Visio back to
Visio 5.0.  Currently the English language release is available with other
languages to follow.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later is required for the viewer.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

marknel (439)
12/2/2003 8:49:50 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outstanding!  Thanks Mark.

Randall Arnold

"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3fb3bd5c-fed1-46cf-bd53-da23635ab2df&DisplayLang=en

> Microsoft has released the latest version of the Visio Viewer, compatible
> with Microsoft Office Visio 2003 and all previous versions of Visio back
> Visio 5.0.  Currently the English language release is available with other
> languages to follow.
>
> Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later is required for the viewer.
>
> --
> Mark Nelson
> Microsoft Corporation

rights.

0
rgarnold (90)
12/3/2003 4:23:29 AM
"Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in

Hi,

is there any reason why the new visio viewer does not support Windows NT
4.0, Windows Me, etc anymore?

Just very curios

Christoph

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3fb3bd5c-fed1-
> 46cf-bd53-da23635ab2df&DisplayLang=en
>
> Microsoft has released the latest version of the Visio Viewer,
> compatible with Microsoft Office Visio 2003 and all previous versions
> of Visio back to Visio 5.0.  Currently the English language release is
> available with other languages to follow.
>
> Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later is required for the viewer.

That is consistent with the OS requirements for the full Visio 2003 product.
You might argue that these platforms are precisely the right ones to use the
viewer on since you cannot install the full product.  I can understand that
logic.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

"Christoph B�umer" <christoph.baeumer@gedilan-technologies.de> wrote in
message news:Xns9453BB2C221A3christophbaeumer@207.46.248.16...
> "Mark Nelson [MS]" <marknel@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> Hi,
>
> is there any reason why the new visio viewer does not support Windows NT
> 4.0, Windows Me, etc anymore?
>
> Just very curios
>
> Christoph
>
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3fb3bd5c-fed1-
> > 46cf-bd53-da23635ab2df&DisplayLang=en
> >
> > Microsoft has released the latest version of the Visio Viewer,
> > compatible with Microsoft Office Visio 2003 and all previous versions
> > of Visio back to Visio 5.0.  Currently the English language release is
> > available with other languages to follow.
> >
> > Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later is required for the viewer.

0
marknel (439)

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Invoice Designer Money 2003
I am using Money 2003 Deluxe & Business with all the updates. I am having a problem with the invoice I designed in invoice designer not able to transfer from computer to computer. I sometimes take my money file home to do work and when I go to print a invoice at home the Invoice I designed at my work office does not show up. What am I doing wrong. Please help!!!! Chris I have the same problem, Invoice Designer doesn't work on different operating systems. "Chris" <murrietacalif@earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje news:078d01c345db$b758a460$a501280a@phx.gbl... ...

2003 Attachment problem
This happens on two different systems I use, one Exchange based the other POP based. If I right click a file, then Send To - Mail Recipient, the message windows freezes. The email is sent, but I have to kill the message window. No problems if I attach to an email, and the Beta didn't do this. ...

Downloading large attachments from Hotmail
Operating System: windows XP Connection Type: dialup/modem Browser Type: ie 6+ Hi, I'm having trouble downloading larger email attachments from my hotmail account to my Microsoft Outlook program. Normal emails work fine but attachments over about 400k won't download, along with any other emails a that time. I get an error message: "A connection to the server could not be established. A timeout occurred while communicating with the server. There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. Please search Microsoft Outlook Help for [...

Outlook 2003 #80
Does anyone knoe how to get Outlook 2003 to download an EXE file? Indeed - Is it ever possible? Thanks in advance Are you reading the replies to your posts? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Crispy" <nowayspammers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jX3AUM2DHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone knoe how to get Outlook 2003 to download an EXE file? > > Indeed - Is it ever possible? > > Thanks in advance > > > There is a registry edit that will allow you to over-ride the built in security. Look it up in the knowledge base. Otherwise, ...

Using Picasso Photo Viewer to Open Excel Hyperlink in MS 2007?
I want to use Picasso Photo Viewer (PPV) to open images that are HTML linked within a MS Officer 2007 - Excel spreadsheet. I've looked at file associations (using MS 7 OS) - but to no avail. Currently, IE opens up, then prompts me for an Active X overide and opens it with Quicktime. Any solutions please? In XP with MS Office 2003, it was just a matter of chaning the image to a proprietory PNG file. PPV is engaged if I just open the image within the folder - but not from the spreadsheet HTML link? ...

exchange 2003 sp2 database
Hi, Someone told met that I should not let the mailbox store grow above 32 GB, because it will start corrupting. Can someone tell me if this is true? I cannot find any information about what happens when the store grows bigger that 32 GB. We need the functionality that SP2 gives regarding the 16 GB limit. Thanks in advance That is total nonsense. Exchange can manage very large databases. The limiting factor in database size is backup/restore windows and maintenance times. /Simon "Ruud Boersma" <RuudBoersma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:127CBDC8-65E3...

All rules stopped working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C73669.DDC9E2D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Guys, all my rules stopped working today in my outlook. 2 days ago I created = new profile and set it up to deliver to local PST (quota issue on our = exchange). I re-worked my rules and they were working just like before. = Today they stopped working. I tried export - delete- import. I tried to = delete rules and re-create them but nothing helps. If I run rules = manualy they are working. Any ideas?...

Outlook 2003 MRU
Does anyone know how I can get access to the Outlook 2003 MRU list that contains email addresses that I have used? My Sent items has been cleared down but I have a whole load of mail addresses to add to my contacts list and they are all in the MRU list that pops up as I start to enter an email address to the "TO" box ... Many thanks, jON Jon Rowlan <jon.rowlan@sads.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can get access to the Outlook 2003 MRU list > that contains email addresses that I have used? %AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\yourprofile.NK2 > My Sent items has ...

Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver
I have used Excel in the past to create GIF files of charts to be uploaded to the Web through Dreamweaver without difficulty. Using Excel 2003, however, GIF files that I create by "saving as web page" turn out fuzzy when posted to the web. (They look fine when copied to Word or Paint -- haven't tried Photoshop.) This is true whether I use a chart from an old file created in an earlier version of Excel or a new chart built from scratch in the Excel 2003. I've looked through the chart settings to see if my new version of Excel is configured differently from the old, ...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange 2003 SP1
Hey there, Does anyone know if Microsoft CRM has any known issues with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP1? -- mvh Morten ...

Bug in Outlook 2003's contact book
Using the Outlook address book (SP1) When setting up a new contact I add their telephone number. Next thing that happens is that I get a Location Information window appearing asking for my location in order to setup auto-dialing... If I hit cancel and then to the question "Are you sure you want to cancel" select Yes the Location window doesn't close, worse still it's stays in focus and doesn't allow me to continue working with Outlook. The only solution is to enter the details which then takes me on to the Phone & Modem options. I don't have a modem, and t...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Excel 2003
Hi Guys: There is probably no way to beat this, but it's worth a try. I am downloading a list and if count this list with the following formula it gives me what I would expect. Column A = 285 names (contiguious) (Starts in row 2) Formula =COUNTA(A:A) gives me 285 Because this list includes a lot of repeats and I am interested in a count of unique names, I sort the list. Then in column B(B2) I insert the formula =IF(A1=A2,"",A2) and copy it down. This gives me a list with lots of holes where the repeat name occur. I use the formula: = COUNTA(B:B) and expected a number much les...

Microsoft SBS 2003 with CRM error
Hello I have an SBS 2003, R2 SP1 server running CRM that causes two errors every minute (exactly every 60 seconds). They coinside 60 seconds from the time I restart the CRM Exchange Router service. The first error is a Dcom error in the System log and the second is a MSCRMExRouterService error in the application log. As they happen every minute, both logs are a sea of red and fill very quickly. (CRM and the server actually run fine and no actual issue has occured at the server or client end, just the event logs) Event Type: Error Event Source: DCOM Event Category: None Event ID: 10016 Date:...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

outllook 2003 icon problem
I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. My Desktop Icon is the old 2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon. How can I change my desktop to be the new icon? On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:05:36 -0800, "Andre Monostori" <techguy@dslextreme.com> wrote: >I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. My Desktop Icon is the old >2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon. How can I change >my desktop to be the new icon? > Have you tried deleting it and creating a new one? -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Offi...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

download gmail inbox messages
i have my gmail account and i am using it in outlook 2003 now i want that all the messages in my gmail inbox,sent items should be download in my out look now. note that i am recieving and sending my messages but cnat recieve old ones so let me know how can i do that Go to Settings in gmail, click on Forwarding and Pop and select POP for "all mail". "kashif" <kashif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:806D9699-9C3F-4AC3-B164-3993584AD731@microsoft.com... >i have my gmail account and i am using it in outlook 2003 > now i want that all the messag...

Outlook 2003 #352
My OS is Microsoft Vista Home. I cannot start Outlook 2003. I keep on getting this statement 'Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. MAP132.DLL is corrupt. I have Windows Mail in the system. I have tried reinstalling Office as suggested. But it still does not work. Cannot anyone advise me what to do?? "Linda QSC" <Linda QSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70025FD-923C-4F8D-9ADB-A5307BE7FDA0@microsoft.com... > I cannot start Outlook 2003. I keep on getting this statement 'Cannot > start > Microsoft Office Outlook. MAP132.DLL is corrupt...

Fix the 1099 MISC process so it works with all boxes available
the 1099 Misc form/reporting is designed to report many things. Great Plains should fix its system so it allows for completion of the 1099 misc form as directed in the instructions. One vendor may have multiple payments that need to be reported in a 1099 misc form, ex Rent box 1, Royalty box 2, nonemployee compensation box 7. The instructions for form 1099 misc gives an example of machine rental with operator: machine in box 1 operator in box 7. I don't see this as an enhancement to your program. I see this as making your program work, otherwise you should quit saying you hav...

Administrator 5.5 with Exchange Server 2003
I recently installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. It came with Exchange Administrator 5.5. The administrator program does not work. When I try to connect to my server I get an error. I've browsed through hundreds of similar postings and one in particular mentioned that Admin 5.5 will not run on 2003. If this is true then how do I administer my exchange server? Thanks, Matt On 14 Mar 2005 05:52:47 -0800, mattrapoport@gmail.com wrote: >I recently installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. It came with >Exchange Administrator 5.5. The administrator program does not work. >...

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003/Outlook 2007 combination creates duplicate folders
Hello. I have been running Outlook 2003 on a desktop PC connected to an Exchange 2003 server . I just got a new laptop and installed Outlook 2007 on it. Lo and behold, I suddenly had a whole bunch of duplicate default and special folders, each pair with precisely identical names. The new folders, obviously created by Outlook 2007 when I installed it, were the ones that the laptop's 2007 installation talked to, whereas the old ones were in conversation with the desktop's Outlook 2003 installation. The result: the 2007 installation didn't see any of my calendar entries, for example...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

GP Workflow and Outlook 2003
I recently saw a demo of how to use GP's work flow logic to approve a purchase order. The person received an email about the p.o. then used Outlook 2007 as the client to approve it. Can this be done with Outlook 2003? What limitations exist when using Outlook 2003 with GP 10 in general? On Nov 26, 11:57 pm, "Jamrock" <news_jamr...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I recently saw a demo of how to use GP's work flow logic to approve a > purchase order. The person received an email about the p.o. then used > Outlook 2007 as the client to approve it. > > Can this be...