Visio Programmers Wanted

I am looking for a programmer with experience programming for Visio to
develop a documentation tool.  It can be a remotely developed project
anywhere on the globe.

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Excel aficionado wants to learn Access #2
Hi, I have learned a decent amount about Excel stuff with the help of colleagues, Newsgroups and websites of Excel Gurus. Till now I was working in an environment where Excel was used, hence I could post problems in Excel or ask people around and see the logic behind solutions. Consequently I could learn Excel faster. (I didnt know a single thing about VB, but newsgroups folks and their sites taught me VBA in Excel) In my job there is no use of Access and I want to learn Access desperately. I did buy a Primer book on Access but couldnt get anywhere;partly may be the book wasnt interes...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

Flagged messages
Is there a way to mark certain messages (for instance - messages have been marked with a flag for followup) Do not Archive - when the autoarchive option has been selected? Thank you. If you open the message go to File > Properties > checkbox at bottom of dialogue "Rita" <rpdavis@nuclearfuelservices.com> wrote in message news:000101c3602f$1e537060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to mark certain messages (for instance - > messages have been marked with a flag for followup) Do not > Archive - when the autoarchive option has been selected? > > Tha...

create a line with 2 colours in visio
Hi How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? I cant figure out how to do it. What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown say for a plug colours. Thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:25:10 -0700 (PDT), Chris <cconnell_1@lycos.com> wrote: >Hi >How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? >I cant figure out how to do it. > >What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ >wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown...

XML format of Visio Control....
Hi, Is there any way to get the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) without saving it physically in disk ? In other word is it possible to generate the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) for any change we do there without needing to save it in hdd ??? Thank You in advance. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #3
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

how do i use files from visio 4.1 with visio 2007
I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:22:03 -0700, Wenbob20 <Wenbob20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the >file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 >and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? Were you able to load...

I want a formula to ignore text eg 5mts * 5 ignoring the mts any .
any help to the above would be appreciated Two ways for the example posted: You could try something like this: =LEFT(I11,1)*I12 If 5mts is in I11 and 5 is in I12 You may also want to consider using a Custom Number format that would put the mts into the cell instead of typing it manually. Something like: General"mts" tj "Malshenton" wrote: > any help to the above would be appreciated ...

Visio 5 Help appears in Visio 2000
I have had Visio 2000 installed for a while on a Dell laptop running Win2K with the latest patches. Originally, I had Visio 5, and kept this installation while I made sure that Visio 2000 was stable, which was in 2002. I still have Visio 5 installed. My problem: Whenever I access the Help menu from Visio 2000, the title bar on the Help file indicates that I am accessing Visio 5 Help. I looked in the registry and found some entries all pointing to Visio 5 ..HLP and .CNT files. I changed the path to point to Visio 2000, but the Visio 2K help files are all .CHM - so naturally I get an err...

Extract data
:mad: On sheet 1 of the wrkbook I have data under various headings lik user id, user name, client name, error 1, error 2, error 3, etc. On th 2nd tab I have the user names. Now I want to extract the rows with dat from 1st tab having the names listed in 2nd tab in the 3rd tab whic the macro shud create itself. This is to be done since the data is of several teams and takes quit some time in copying data using filter option -- mohitmahaja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mohitmahajan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #2
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

Permanently attaching Comment Tags to Visio Shapes
I would like to know how to keep the comment tags I assign to Visi shapes permanently attached to the shape. The way it is now, if I mov a shape, I have to go back and move its comment tag separately. Thi essentially makes moving a shape a two-step process -- mpstockdal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpstockdale's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=437 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=120153 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Visio has two forms of comments. The one you used is independant of any ...

Visio EA vs Visio 2003?
Hi All, I was hoping a few of you could shed some light on a question that has been popping up among my developers. Many of whom are currently running Visio for Enterprise Architects that is available with Visual Studio.NET. I believe it is the same version of Visio regardless of whether you are using the 2002 or 2003 version of Visual Studio Enterprise. Please correct me if I am wrong. The big question I am hitting is: What reasons are there to upgrade to Visio 2003 (v11?) if you are already running Enterprise Architect of v10? Also, is there an EA version for Visio 2003, or would you b...

Probl�me de programmation avec l' API (AnimateWindow)
Bonjour, Quelqu'un peut-il comprendre ce qui ne va pas dans mon code ? J'ai essay� de me servir d'une fonction API (AnimateWindow), mais cela ne marche pas . J'ai cr�� un module dans lequel j'ai mis : Option Explicit Private Declare Function AnimateWindow Lib � user32 � ( _ ByVal hwnd As Long, _ ByVal dwTime As Long, _ ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long J'ai cr�� �galement un UserForm dans lequel j'ai mis Private Sub UserForm_Activate() Debug.Print AnimateWindow(Me.hwnd, 10000, &H10 Or &H20000) End Sub J'ai essay� de remplacer le Me par UserForm, mais ce...

i want to know company letters
bec, my english not so better. i want to know some relationship company of letters Hi Anna, This an Excel group. If you are looking for pen pals, perhaps you may find something suitable in: http://tinyurl.com/8plxo --- Regards, Norman "anna" <anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24EA5B7E-27D6-4A81-95AC-324ED0E9DA50@microsoft.com... > bec, my english not so better. i want to know some relationship company of > letters ...

Saving Visio files as JPG files?
I am currently working on a network documentation project and have succesfully saved single page files a JPG files. One documented region of the network is a large file with multiple pages of information in one file. I have tried to copy each page one by one to Word,JPG or PDF. When I try this there is nothing displayed. I am wondering why the single page visio files will perfom this transition where the multi-page files will not even when copied out a page at a time. Does anybody know if there is a known issue or workaround for this. TW, Exporting as EMF usually creates smaller file sizes i...

What is Visio #2
I received some files with a DWG extention. The supplier of these files tells me I can view them with Visio. I have never used Visio. Is it a separate purchase or does it come with XP? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Ken The short answer is visio is a diagramming tool used across multiple disciplines. Here's the official web site page http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/default.mspx Al "Ken C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8f3d01c4d235$52312a70$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I received some files with a DWG extention. The ...

Which Version of Visio is this?
I am new at database modeling and reading a book called "Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Databases By John V. Petersen" which uses (Old Versions) Visio & Access for examples. But the book does not say which versions. In the book the author makes an ERD diagram using the Crow's Feet ERD.VST from the Solutions/Database folder using the "Create Database Wizard". Which version of Visio is this. How to make a Access Database from Visio? Is this function availabe in all versions. On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:28:04 -0800, JAA149 <JAA149@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

I want to change words that are already in a picture. how do I do.
i am working on a picture that has wording that I would like to change I am working in microsoft office picture manager with it but am unable to change anything in the picture. do I need a different program or can I do it in the one I am in? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01CA8090.88A34D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Zelda, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup ...

Visio Shutting down
Can somebody help? Visio is shuting down when trying to save a drawing. I click on the file save icon and then the drawing shuts down without saving Which version of Visio are you running? Does it happen for a blank drawing too? -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Brian" <brian@gmr1.com> wrote in message news:0eaf01c33fef$20b2fac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can somebody help? > > > Visio is shuting down when trying to save a drawing. I > click on the file save icon and then the drawing shuts &...