Visio Prof 2002: Creating phone trees

I've done flowcharts & UML in Visio (very easy!, but
trying to create a phone tree is proving difficult.
1. Should I do this as a Block Diagram?
 a. If so, what type of connections?

I can place squares and use the "Dynamic Connector", but
this is very manual.
I've tried using the "Multi-tree square", but am only able
to lock onto one box per branch.

2. Is there a better diagram type then Block? And if so,
what is the best connection type between the boxes?

To clarify, I am trying to create a phone tree for several
1-800 numbers that have many many options available.
Thanks!

visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Creating newspaper style text lines
I need to type a column so that each line of text adjusts the word spacing to make all lines the same width, like in a newspaper column. In other words, each line may have different word spacing but all start on the left margin and end on the left margin. I am not good in Word an cannot figure this out. -- Thanks, MGL Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting your question to a newsgroup related to Word. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-m...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Creating GIFs in Excel 2003 for use in Dreamweaver
I have used Excel in the past to create GIF files of charts to be uploaded to the Web through Dreamweaver without difficulty. Using Excel 2003, however, GIF files that I create by "saving as web page" turn out fuzzy when posted to the web. (They look fine when copied to Word or Paint -- haven't tried Photoshop.) This is true whether I use a chart from an old file created in an earlier version of Excel or a new chart built from scratch in the Excel 2003. I've looked through the chart settings to see if my new version of Excel is configured differently from the old, ...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Permission Needed to create mailbox manager settings
Hi, What is the permission needed to create mailbox manager settings in E2K3? Thanks, Alex I think this is what you need. This link might help: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3ADPerm/bdc119c9-961a-4e78-acf8-97099256f452.mspx Exchange Server 2003 Management What permissions do I need to be able to create and delete Exchange Server 2003 users? If you are responsible for both user and mailbox management, you need to have permissions to create a user object in Active Directory. For example, you could be a Domain Admin, Account Operator, or you might h...

Creating user managed Global Contacts lists
Good evening, here I am again scratching my head. I would like to create various contact lists for different depts in my company. For example, I would like to create a contact list called "Contoso Company" and all the folks that deal with "Contoso Company" have the ability to view, add or remove email addresses and contact info in that contact list. Im looking to create a structure something like this: Show names from the: - Global Address List - Contoso Company (once chosen, displays:) - alex@contoso.com - bob@contoso.com - Acme Company (once chosen...

Insert pictures does not work on FrontPgae 2003 and Windows 7 Prof
If you try to open the window in "insert pictures" the window will pop up for a fraction of second and then desapiars. It does not work either using "browse" buttons from any picture properties. There is no way to insert pictures in W7 Prof version when conected to your web site server. It only works with local folders in local pages. However, if you try to open a file from your web site, it opnes it once and never more. Any clue ? William www.rocousa.com A workaround: Import the images into the site into a folder, then drag the image onto the page. ...

CRM phone time counter
Folks I saw in the CRM demonstration virtual workstation image that there was a counter when opening a phone activity - it simply had a start and stop button - great for my helpdesk but my installation does not have that feature so I assume that it is an add on!??!?! Anyone have an idea where I can get this? Regards and best wishes for Christmas Gavin You''ll need to create such a timer as this is not a public add-on. For helpdesk systems there are even better solutions available. Addons which do recognize who is calling and binding the recorded phone call to the contact for ...

Showing internet headers in Outlook 2002
I need to print out e-mails from my archive 'sent' folder and from my regular 'sent' folder to show all of the internet routing that the message took. When I go to 'view' and select 'message header', I don't see the internet routing data and can't seem to find where I would select that option to see the routing. You can find the internet headers in View | Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:11c701...

Outlook 2002 send receive issue
I've been using Outlook 2002 for years with no problems. Now just in the last few weeks everytime I drag my emails from the host server into my PC MS Outlook picks up one single message then errors with a generic popup saying: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." The email comes in Ok and if I hit Send/Receive (or F9) again it picks up the next email and errors again. I am able to to this continually until all emails are in my computer but I can't resolve the problem. First I tried the Detect and Repair tool under the Help menu. The...

Outlook 2002 #195
Question? Has anyone come a cross this problem? When I move e-mails to another mailbox Outlook stops responding. As long as I don't move any email Outlook works great. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Publisher 2002 #2
Does any one have a copy of publisher 2002? The majority of users here have a copy of Publisher 2002 - don't you? What is your major malfunction? -- ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Word 2002 in Windows 7 ?
Will Word 2002 run correctly in Windows 7 ? Jeff On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:33:32 -0500, <Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com> wrote: >Will Word 2002 run correctly in Windows 7 ? > >Jeff > Yes. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message news:7kigi5504qfib540khbk4srghhs3n7og1u@4ax.com... > On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:33:32 -0500, <Jeff@couldbeinvalid.com> wr...

SVCAUTOSOP batch created when doing return in SOP
We just upgraded to version 8 and have noticed that when creating returns in SOP, GP is assigning these returns to a batch called "SVCAUTOSOP." We have multiple locations, multiple users all using SOP and these batches are not getting posted as each user looks after their own batches. No one knows what SVC is so they ignore them. Can we stop this? ...

Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph
I have retrieve this result (pivot table) from my raw data: ---------------------+----------+ Count of student | Grade | ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+ Class | 1 | 2 | Grand Total | ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+ A | 5 | 4 | 9 | ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+ B | 2 | 3 | 5 | ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+ ...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

How do I download tempates for Publisher 2002?
When attempting to download a template for Publisher 2002, I get a message stating "Did not find Publisher on this system" MS Publisher is working correctly on my system. Do you have Publisher *2002* on your system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Ton" wrote: > When attempting to download a template for Publisher 2002, I get a message > stating "Did not find Publisher on this system" > MS Publisher is working correctly on my system. ...

how do i create a lookup

Tree control
I need a tree control for my application and have read some sample code, and all the sample code choose CTreeView as base class. My trouble is after I created a tree control Resource in Dialog and when I tried to create a class for the control, CTreeView is not among the base class list. If I chose CFormView instead and added the OnInitialUpdate and OnUpdate from sample code, my code passed the compling, but always stoped for Assert error when I run it. Appreciate for any suggestion. Rich Scott, thanks a lot for your response. I did as you said and got into another problem: I have to ...

Help: Creating a Variance column within a Column Group
Good Evening All, Using SSRS 2008 and Report Builder=85 I have a recordset of financial transaction over the last two years (2010, 2009) that I am presenting in a tablix. The tablix has a =93row group=94 where I am grouping on product type, and a =93column group=94 that I am grouping on year(transaction date). So when I expand the report, the resulting report looks something like this: Product +2010 +2009 Item 1 $10000 $8000 Item 2 $5000 $4000 Item 3 $30000 $25000 So now what I need is to do a variance between the two years, but for the life of me I can=92t figu...

Outlook 2002 rules #3
I am using exchange 2003 enterprise server and Outlook 2002 clients. One of my user created a rule to forward e-mail from his inbox to a public folder along with some other rules how which applies tosending e-mail etc. Since then he is getting the following message "Rules on this machine does not match the exchange server. Only one set of rules can be set. You will usually want to keep the rule on the server. Which rule do you want to keep -- Then it gives the option to keep client or server or cancel. If he clicks on client, then the rule works. Since he is out of town, I can see the ...

CREATE A FOLDER AUTOMATICALLY
1.I wish to create a folder everytime I add a new customer in my customer list 2.For example, when I add a customer using the FORM under DATA, I enter the customer code (eg ABC,BUZ,CKF...), customer name,customer address.The customer code is in column A, starting at A2 3.For the new customer,by using a micro ,I want to create a new folder (eg. "K:\TRIALQUOTATIONS\BUZ") . 4.In future the customer's quotations will be filed in this folder. 5.I had written the following micro, which is giving "run time error 438" Sub CREATECUSTOMERFOLDER() ActiveWorkbook.CreateFolder ...