Visio Partner Webcast May 16th - Line of Business Solutions

Register at:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032295871&Culture=en-US

An LOB (line-of-business) application is one of the set of critical computer
applications that are vital to running an enterprise, such as accounting,
supply chain management, and resource planning applications. LOB
applications are usually large progams that contain a number of integrated
capabilities and tie into databases and database management systems.
Examples of popular LOB applications are SAP, Microsoft Synamics and Oracle.
Increasingly, LOB applications are being connected with network applications
with user interfaces on the Web and with corporate applications such as
e-mail and address books, such as today's "Duet" announcement between
Microsoft Office and SAP.

May's Visio Partner Webcast features two partners who provide integration
between Visio and Line-of-Business (LOB) applications.

Enterprise Change Limited - ECL (www.enterprisechange.com)
ECL provides a solution for process model integration - the Business Process
Model Converter (BPMC), a well-proven product for integrating different
modeling tools, such as Visio 2003. BPMC enables you to maintain consistent
process models across the enterprise, combining straightforward diagramming
(e.g. Visio 2003), with powerful process engineering. Using the BPMC, ECL
enables organizations to transfer information captured within their process
models to business applications and execution platforms such as SAP and
Microsoft BizTalk..

Nakisa (www.nakisa.com)
Nakisa Inc. is a global leader in Organizational Management software with
large enterprise and government customers around the world. Nakisa
OrgManagement Series is a 100% web-based data visualization, succession
planning and organization modeling application that connects to HR data and
displays it in real-time as organizational charts, directories or floor
plans. The application's enhanced print functionality seamlessly exports
dynamically generated organization charts to Microsoft Visio 2003.

How to Attend the Webcast
Here is the information you'll need to attend the webcast:
At 8:45 am PDT on May 16th, go to this URL :
https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/lmevents/join?id=msft051606sp&role=attend&pw=APO009
Enter your name and email when prompted, then wait for the event to begin at
9:00 am PDT
Questions can be submitted via text in the Live Meeting software. Include
your email address in the question.
As before, please feel free to invite customers who you believe will benefit
from these solutions. Customers can pre-register at:
http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/WebCastEventDetails.aspx?EventID=1032295871&Culture=en-US

0
a-enriqd (1)
5/11/2006 7:53:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Business Systems Analyst
Hi- Skagen Designs in Reno NV is looking for a full time Business Systems Analyst. We just converted to Great plains 6 months ago and looking someone to join our team to assist the company in developing its capabilities in using its ERP system to its fullest capabilities to improve information, decisions, efficiency, and accuracy in support of the companies' strategies. Review, analyze, evaluate and improve business systems to fit user community needs in parallel with overall business strategies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Business categories
Hello, I've just started using Money Small Business. I see business categories under the Chart of Accounts, but not when entering transactions. What is necessary to see them when entering transactions? -- Michael O. Editor ReadyBetGo ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

Need new partner with customization abilities
I am looking for a new partner. I currently have version 1.3 with a lot of customization. I want to upgrade to 2.0 and keep the custom work. Custom Work: Customer Loyalty, Import Tool, Yahoo Store Import, Custom Work for barcoding, UPS integration with RMS. Please contact me at butch @ addisoncollection.com Butch, We specialize in supporting and customizing RMS for retailers. If you are interested in what we can do for you and the pricing involved please contact either myself or Rick from my company, either via email (rsakry@rite.us / rfeuling@rite.us) or over the phone at 1-888-267-R...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Money Plus Home and Business / password after windows reinstallati
Dear, I am using the trial version of Money Plus Home and Business. After a total reinstallation of my OS (XP Home), I tried to open my .mny file. This file was using a simple password (not live id). When trying to open my file I have to do 2 consecutive logins, the first displays no message and the second fails with 'The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again.' I have a backup but which does not contain most of my data. I am however able to restore this money backup, my password is accepted. Please help.. -- Panos ...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

Business portal stability
Hi all, Here we came across some strange problem with business portal. It is a bit long story. I try to put it in a simple way. On last Thursday, we installed business portal successfully (No error messages pop up during installation) and set up the users on last Friday. Everything was going fine. In last several days, nobody even touched it. But today when I try to modify user information, some error message popped up. The details are shown as followed. After testing on different users, we found error messages only showed up for those users whose default company information was not se...

publisher (business card)
how do you add background color to a blank business card layout The easiest way would be to go to Format > Background. Here you can choose from existing background patterns/styles, or you can choose "more colors" or "more backgrounds" to create more custom backgrounds. This is assuming you are using Publisher 2002/2003. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "business cards" <business cards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

New Partner within Illinois
We are currently searching out a new partner for GP. Our current partner, has not helped us out in the past and it is time to move on. Can someone recommend a way to research and locate a firm. Currently our business is located in Effingham IL, about an hour south of Champaign IL. Jake: If you post up your email address, some of us will be happy to forward you recommendations privately as some of us are independents but don't want the newsgroup to turn into a business solicitation device. Also, your local MS organization in Chicago can point you to local resellers. Dwight "...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #3
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

How to change a "Personal" account to a "business"
I have imported my business account from Quicken Home % Business in Money Home & Business 2004. I can not get around the "personal" settings for the accounts. I do not have any personal accounts So when I look at business reports nothing shows Thanks for the help In the Help file, Ask Money "Change a personal account to a business account". That should bring up the step-by-step instructions for making the change. Doug "kANDLe" <Youremail@help.com> wrote in message news:941085584c5f44edc99fed5a839d0382@news.teranews.com... > I have imported my b...

Excel 2003 crashes in Windows Vista Business
When opening an Excel file in Vista Business everything seems to be working fine. But when pressing ctrl+N och using the icon to create a new file, excel crashes. If I open two separate files and use Alt+Tab to switch between the documents, excel crashes. Press the option to find more information on the web but nothing appears. Greatly appreciate answers Same problem here, Welcome to hell ! What is your PC brand ? I Have a DELL Inspiron 9400 Check those post http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PageIndex=2&SiteID=17&PostID=1625641 and http://forums.microsoft.co...

XML format of Visio Control....
Hi, Is there any way to get the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) without saving it physically in disk ? In other word is it possible to generate the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) for any change we do there without needing to save it in hdd ??? Thank You in advance. ...

Can the Business Portal Timesheet Print be modified?
Hi, We need to know if the BP timesheet that is printed from BP can be modified. Any help is welcome. Thank you ...

how do i use files from visio 4.1 with visio 2007
I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:22:03 -0700, Wenbob20 <Wenbob20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the >file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 >and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? Were you able to load...

Do you need an RMS Partner?
If anyone needs an RMS Partner, the person I am using whom is Jeff at Checkpoint Software is amazing. He does everything by logging into my machine, and anyhow, if you need someone contact me at nagarra@yahoo.com and I will give you his info! -- Thank You Vince :) HI everyone I do also provide similar services, sometime even free to users. "Vince" wrote: > If anyone needs an RMS Partner, the person I am using whom is Jeff at > Checkpoint Software is amazing. He does everything by logging into my > machine, and anyhow, if you need someone contact me at nagarra@ya...

Free / Busy information after migration to 2003
I've migrated several users to Exchange 2003 over the weekend as part of a pilot. Everything seems fine with the move. However, i noticed that when i try to schedule a meeting and invite others from the GAL, I cannot see their schedule. Their calendar is just the squiggly lines. Can someone tell me what this could be? We're running Exchange 2003 in a Windows 2003 Cluster, with a native Windows 2003 AD environment. Also, we're using Outlook 2003 client. Please help! Thanks. How did you migrate these users? If the user creates an appt, does their schedule now show? ...

Multiple Approvers in Business Portal / Requisition
Hi, Has anybody successfully been able to add multiple hierarchys in BP/ Req? What I mean is that I would like to use Roles for approval in Business Portal. I would like the hierarchy to include levels for each office (of which we have over 50). Something like this: Req Admin Req Purchaser Office#1 Approver Office#1 Creator Office#2 Approver Office #2 Creator Office#3 Approver Office #3 Creator Something like that. I've created new roles for the office approvers; but the workflow doesn't work. Any id...

Visio 5 Help appears in Visio 2000
I have had Visio 2000 installed for a while on a Dell laptop running Win2K with the latest patches. Originally, I had Visio 5, and kept this installation while I made sure that Visio 2000 was stable, which was in 2002. I still have Visio 5 installed. My problem: Whenever I access the Help menu from Visio 2000, the title bar on the Help file indicates that I am accessing Visio 5 Help. I looked in the registry and found some entries all pointing to Visio 5 ..HLP and .CNT files. I changed the path to point to Visio 2000, but the Visio 2K help files are all .CHM - so naturally I get an err...

Business Portal Linking to Wrong Payroll
Does anyone knowhow to make Business Portal to link to my Canadian Payroll instead of American Payroll? We are a Canadian firm but only a few test employees I created in US Payroll display in my Business Portal. Adam Hi Adam I belive you HAVE to have the HR self service suite for canada for this to work. Sorry. -- Fliehigh "Adam" wrote: > Does anyone knowhow to make Business Portal to link to my Canadian Payroll > instead of American Payroll? We are a Canadian firm but only a few test > employees I created in US Payroll display in my Business Portal. > >...

New! Microsoft Dynamics GP Field Service Anywhere Solutions
New! Microsoft Windows Mobile out-of-the-box solutions are now available, including Microsoft Dynamics GP Field Service Anywhere. http://www.microsoftmobile.ca ...