Visio - Nudge Command with Textbox Tool Active

The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text
Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in
my opinion. Thanks.
0
Justin7863 (92)
2/21/2005 5:23:02 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Command to reset the WAVE volume level?
I'm looking for a command to reset the WAVE volume slider to a preset level. ---- This is the problem. When I play my movie player (I use GOM) it resets the volume level for WAVE files. After using GOM I have to run the Master Volume window and drag the WAVE slider back to where I want it. Or I have to run another audio application and reset the WAVE volume with that. Is there an single command to set the WAVE volume to a preset level? Maybe there are some parameters which go with the SNDVOL32 command? C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndvol32.exe On 12/16/2009 4:18 AM, Vi...

Wil Cards in Report Preview Command Where Condition
I'd like to know if there is a way to use a wild card character in a report preview command. This would be the instruction used with a command button: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , "[field_name] = 'filter text' " I have entries that vary at the beginning, but always have the same ending, and I'd like to be able to filter accordingly. Would this work in this fashion? Or am I going to have to screw around and make special case queries just for these? "silva" <silva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29A62859-A7E...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

cascading comboboxes and textbox
I have a form with some comboboxes and text fields. The comboboxes I am working with are called cboItem and cboDescription. The main text field I am working with is called txtStandardCost. Right now, I have it as two cascading comboboxes and a text field that I have to manually enter the Standard Cost into. As much as I would love to make the cboDescription into a text field, I want users to have the option of picking the description and having the cboItem fill in with any correlating Item #s (company was purchased by a larger company...still have 2 inventory management systems and ...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Validating TextBox Entries
I have a textbox that I want to restrict to data within a given range on another spreadsheet. This data is in the form of a list of unique identifiers. Thus 4444444 5555555 6666666 7777777 I want to restrict the textbox to the above entries, giving a warning if an invalid number is typed in the textbox. Is this possible or would it be easier for me to use a ComboBox? Many Thanks -- Andy T Hi lest assume your list is in A1:A3 and your validation cell is B1 then - select B1 - goto 'Data - Validation' and enter the following formula =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$3,B1) -- Regards Frank Kabe...

Starting a "command line" .exe program from within an excel spreadsheet
Is there a way to link an external .exe file to a button on a worksheet. I have a fortran program, which carries out a set of analyses, that I would like to be able to call from a worksheet. Many thanks Richard Richard, Attach a macro to the button, along the lines of Sub RunDOSProgram() Dim myProgram As String myProgram = "C:\Program Files\BlahBlah.EXE -s" TaskID = Shell(myProgram, 1) End Sub I don't have any old DOS execeutables to test, so..... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "kilter" <richard.pitman3@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:1180955654.898401...

"Local Activation" permission
I'm trying to learn how to build ab Event Handler, using the example of Joel Krist: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb802729.aspx But when I publish a Proposal to test my event handler, the publishing fails whatever the proposal name. In the Event Viewer I have the error message several times within the same minute: "The permission settings specific to this application don't allow "Local Activation" permission for the server application COM with the CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1} to the SID PRG2007\srvProjectPool1 of the user (S-1-5-21-...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Command Parameters
In a stored procedure of sql server I've got an output parameter called @Return of type int. After execute the stored procedure I'm trying to read the output value with Convert.ToInt32(command.Parameters["@Return"].SqlValue) but VS says that can't convert it into a System.IConvertible type. SqlValue is of type object and I can see in the debuger that it has the right value (an int number) so I don't understand why it doesn't work. Thank you. On 24-02-2010 17:11, Alberto wrote: > In a stored procedure of sql server I've got an output para...

tool to export classes
Is there any 3rd party tool. or microsoft tool that can export and import the classes and modules in excel. All at once. In excel they limit to 1 class at a time. to import or export. thanks Look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm for examples. -- Best wishes, Jim "greg" wrote: > Is there any 3rd party tool. or microsoft tool that can export and import > the classes and modules in excel. > All at once. In excel they limit to 1 class at a time. to import or > export. > > thanks > > > ...

In 2003 there was a summary slide command. Is it in 2007?
In Power Point 2003 there is a summary command. Is this command in one of the ribbons for 2007? On Dec 29, 2:28=A0pm, Vince <Vi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Power Point 2003 there is a summary command. Is this command in one of= the > ribbons for 2007? The Summary Slide command is gone in version 2007. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA101778481033.aspx?pid=3DCH10= 1030561033 As Mel says - Gone - but it can be put back! http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/summary2007.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials ...

create a line with 2 colours in visio
Hi How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? I cant figure out how to do it. What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown say for a plug colours. Thanks On Tue, 18 May 2010 11:25:10 -0700 (PDT), Chris <cconnell_1@lycos.com> wrote: >Hi >How do i create one solid line with 2 colours? e.g. red above green? >I cant figure out how to do it. > >What if I wanted to make a coloured line with 3 colours, e.g. one line/ >wire showing 3 colours like green/blue/brown...

Custom Menu activates Web Toolbar
Made a custom menu, added custom buttons and assigned hyperlink Now every time I open one of these files, the Web ToolBar pops up. I don't need (or want) this. How can I stop this secondary action? Hello Beejay, Create a macro to close the web toolbar. Use the macro recorder if wish. Then assign this to the button on the toolbar, as well as the existing hyperlink. May not be eligant, but works! Regards "BEEJAY" wrote: > Made a custom menu, added custom buttons and assigned hyperlink > Now every time I open one of these files, the Web ToolBar pops up. > I don'...

starting Excel from Command
Hi, Created a XLT workbook which "should" load data from an XML File. In order to do that, I added in my registry a new extension and linked it to Excel... Anyway, I can't figure out the correct command line to set the xml path as a parameter to my xlt file... I already have to function which retrieve the parameters list. In my Shell/Open/Command registry key, I tried this : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" "/%1" "MyTemplatePath" Where %1 is my xml file path. Unsuccesfull... Please help :( You could saving this in the XL...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #3
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

Whatever happened to Open command for attachments?
With Outlook 6 now, when I doubleclick an attachment, I only get choices to Save to Disk or Cancel. What happened to Open? I used to get Open as an option. Thanks "John E." said in news:jnhhc.24644$G_.11025@nwrddc02.gnilink.net: > With Outlook 6 now, when I doubleclick an attachment, I only get > choices to Save to Disk or Cancel. What happened to Open? I used to > get Open as an option. > Thanks You need to save the file first. Open actually saved the file but then immediately executed it (if executable; otherwise, it tried to find whatever program was associate...

XML format of Visio Control....
Hi, Is there any way to get the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) without saving it physically in disk ? In other word is it possible to generate the XML format of a ActiveX Vision Document control (dropped in a C# form) for any change we do there without needing to save it in hdd ??? Thank You in advance. ...

how do i use files from visio 4.1 with visio 2007
I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:22:03 -0700, Wenbob20 <Wenbob20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have and older Ver. of Visio 4.1 on one computer and then transfered the >file to my other computer. I then downloaded a new trial ver. of Visio 2007 >and I tried to make changes to the transfered file but could not any ideas? Were you able to load...

Visio 5 Help appears in Visio 2000
I have had Visio 2000 installed for a while on a Dell laptop running Win2K with the latest patches. Originally, I had Visio 5, and kept this installation while I made sure that Visio 2000 was stable, which was in 2002. I still have Visio 5 installed. My problem: Whenever I access the Help menu from Visio 2000, the title bar on the Help file indicates that I am accessing Visio 5 Help. I looked in the registry and found some entries all pointing to Visio 5 ..HLP and .CNT files. I changed the path to point to Visio 2000, but the Visio 2K help files are all .CHM - so naturally I get an err...

Need VBA code to enter text into a textbox !!!!
Does anybody know one line of code that will allow me to enter a number into a textbox on a worksheet. when I record a macro I get.. Sheets("venn").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 27").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "123" I thought this implies I could code this like so... Dim sht as sheet set sht = activesheet.shapes("Text Box 27") sht.characters.text = "123" set sht = nothing But this does not work !! what is the correct way of doing this ? How about: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim sht As W...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200 #2
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? ...

Outlook 2007 Personal Folders and PST Backup Tool
I don't see the PST Backup Tool available for Outlook 2007. Will the version provided for Outlook 2003 work with Outlook 2007? Thanks. Yes. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "T" <tjchaffin@comcast.net> wrote in message news:vr-dnZSwerh82EzanZ2dnUVZ_tOtnZ2d@comcast.com... > I don't see the PST Backup Tool available for Outlook 2007. Will the > version provi...