Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open

The following message displays:

Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open
First try closing and reopening the file.  Next try restarting Visio.

This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's
computer that has the same version of Visio.

The suggested action makes no difference.

I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they
encounter the same error message.

Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created.

Anyone have any insights for me please?

0
DesignUI (1)
4/22/2009 5:24:02 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Did you find a resolution for the internal error #2131: Action 1002:  I am
getting error message as well and can't find a fix.  Any help would be
appreciated.

"DesignUI" wrote:

> The following message displays:
>
> Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open
> First try closing and reopening the file.  Next try restarting Visio.
>

> This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's
> computer that has the same version of Visio.
>
> The suggested action makes no difference.
>
> I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they
> encounter the same error message.
>
> Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created.
>
> Anyone have any insights for me please?

0
Stephanie (81)
5/20/2009 11:35:01 PM
My little collection of Visio error explanations says about

"Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":

"When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of
windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are
different."

So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale
settings.

Hope that helps
Dieter

stephanie wrote:
> Did you find a resolution for the internal error #2131: Action 1002:  I am
> getting error message as well and can't find a fix.  Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> "DesignUI" wrote:
>
>> The following message displays:
>>
>> Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open
>> First try closing and reopening the file.  Next try restarting Visio.
>>

>> This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's
>> computer that has the same version of Visio.
>>
>> The suggested action makes no difference.
>>
>> I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they
>> encounter the same error message.
>>
>> Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created.
>>
>> Anyone have any insights for me please?

0
dst (4)
5/21/2009 12:10:55 PM
On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
<dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>
>"Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>
>"When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of
>windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are
>different."
>
>So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale
>settings.

I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
versions of all the cell formulae.

--

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
Paul Herber wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>
>> My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>>
>> "Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>>
>> "When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of
>> windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are
>> different."
>>
>> So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale
>> settings.
>
> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
> versions of all the cell formulae.

Paul,

basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
Action 1283 vs Action 1002
So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when
using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.

Dieter
0
dst (4)
5/24/2009 11:21:56 AM
On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:21:56 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
<dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>Paul Herber wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
>> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>>
>>> My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>>>
>>> "Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>>>
>>> "When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of
>>> windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are
>>> different."
>>>
>>> So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale
>>> settings.
>>
>> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
>> versions of all the cell formulae.
>>

>Paul,
>
>basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
>http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
>Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
>Action 1283 vs Action 1002
>So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
>I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when
>using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.

Might be worth trying to set the Windows decimal separator to '.'
(assuming you are using the normal German ',' separator).
Or email the file to me and I'll see if I can open it with the English
version of Visio and English language settings.

paul
at
pherber
dot
com

--

Paul Herber wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:21:56 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>
>> Paul Herber wrote:

>>> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
>>> versions of all the cell formulae.
>>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
>> http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
>> Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
>> Action 1283 vs Action 1002
>> So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
>> I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when
>> using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.
>
> Might be worth trying to set the Windows decimal separator to '.'
> (assuming you are using the normal German ',' separator).
> Or email the file to me and I'll see if I can open it with the English
> version of Visio and English language settings.

I'am not quite sure, who's addressed by this post :-)
stephanie has had the initial problem. I just wanted to help.
The problem with RGB formulas has been solved by using FormulaU within
our addin.

Dieter
0
dst (4)
5/24/2009 5:22:26 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2009 19:22:26 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
<dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>Paul Herber wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:21:56 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
>> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>>> Paul,
>>>
>>> basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
>>> http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
>>> Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
>>> Action 1283 vs Action 1002
>>> So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
>>> I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when
>>> using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.
>>
>> Might be worth trying to set the Windows decimal separator to '.'
>> (assuming you are using the normal German ',' separator).
>> Or email the file to me and I'll see if I can open it with the English
>> version of Visio and English language settings.
>
>I'am not quite sure, who's addressed by this post :-)
>stephanie has had the initial problem. I just wanted to help.
>The problem with RGB formulas has been solved by using FormulaU within
>our addin.

Hi Dieter,
I was addressing the OP but I don't have the original post any more. I
wonder whether the OP will be back. Most don't return.
But, yes, it could be that a cell.formula has been set to contain a
formula amd maybe the FormulaU is set the same.

--

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics Packages for Visio     http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/

Error Message While Sorting
When I try to sort I am getting the following error message. This operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized. Any suggestions -- arku ----------------------------------------------------------------------- arkum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31493 Hi arkum Remove the merged cells and never use merged cells again. Always trouble when you use this. Select the cells and use Ctrl-1 to go to the Alignment tab to change this -- Regards Ron de Bruin http...

Timeout error on email attachments
Hi, Our CRM system has been operating without problems for almost a year. Suddenly, about 3 days ago, we started getting timeouts when attempting to attach files to emails. It makes no difference how big the attachment is, or to which email/contact/record etc it is being attached - it still times out. Today, we now appear to be getting timeouts when saving updated records, whether they are quotes, contacts, accounts etc. I'm pretty sure that all updates have been applied to the server (we are using the web client for front end), and cannot see any errors logged in the event logs...

Open form with specific record, but other records accessible
I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to pull this off, what I have is a list of the records in the database and a way to open the detailed form showing more data. But when I used the wizard to make the command button it prevents me from changing the record in the detailed form as it is locked onto the choosen record which is no good as I want the user to be able to pick another record. What is the best way to pull this off? Open the form without supplying a where clause, and pass the ID of the record you want as the OpenArg... in the Open event of the detail form,...

Rich text internal, Plain text incoming external
Any suggestions on how to accomplish the following goal and systems Server: Exchange Server 200 Workstations: Outlook 200 Internal email communcation: Rich text primary, plain text secondary, no HTML for messages sent or receive External email communcation (incoming): Plain text primary, no Rich text, no HTM Thank you. ...

Events log error with id 2005
Hello, I have a problem with a server files which is slowing down too much. In the application events log I have an entry error with id event: 2005, source: PerfNet. The only solution is to shut it down and restart it. It did happen twice within a 2 hour period (8:34am and ~10:00am). I cannot find any information on the microsoft KB. Does anyone have a clue ? Thanks in advance. Here the description of the event ID error: Unable to read performance data from the Server service. No Server performance data will be returned in this sample. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0, IO...

Subscript out of range error?
I keep getting a subscript out of range error with this macro. Any help would be great. Public Sub AddSheetToEnd() 'Create a new sheet Dim NewWorksheet As Worksheet Set NewWorksheet = _ Applicaiton.Sheets.Add( _ After:=Worksheets(GetLastSheet), _ Type:=XlSheetType.xlWorksheet) ' Rename the worksheet NewWorksheet.Name = "Added Worksheet" ' Place a title in the worksheet. NewWorksheet.Cells(1, 1) = "Sample Data" ' Add some headings. NewWorksheet.Cells(3, 1) = "Lable" NewWorksheet.Cells(3, 2) = "Data" NewWorksheet.C...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Visio Stencils.
Hi, Using Visio Professional 2003. I have visio stencil which denotes a patch panel. I want to be able to change the ports, which are currently white to another colour, red. As it stands nothing I've tried has changed the colour, however if I ungroup the stencil twice I'm able to select the individual ports and change the fill colour. the trouble of doing this is that firstly the object is ungrouped and second it no longers snaps to other objects such as racks. Any ideas how can restore the orginal stencil after its been ungrouped ? Thanks in advance. You've run into one ...

Money Plus, receiving error message since 12/26, cant login HELP
We recently installed the trial version of MS Money Plus Home and Business, we wanted to test it out to see if its what we really needed. I had been using it for about 45 days when all of a sudden on 12/26 I started receving the following message after I entered my login info. "MS Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We appologize for the inconvenience" Please tell microsoft about this problem, send error report. I am using a laptop computer and there have been no changes made to this computer since I loaded this trial which is set to expire next week. I tried ...

Syntax error 07-30-07
Below are my codes. I want to check every row...if the quantity pending is <> 0 then end and it will show the part number where the quantity pending <> 0.... But seems there is error in my loop statement... Code: mySQL = "SELECT WIPRawDetails.PartNumber, WIPRawDetails.W_QtyPending " &_ "FROM WIPRawDetails " & _ "WHERE WIPRawDetails.JobNumber= '" & Me.txtJobNumber & "' " Debug.Print mySQL myrecset.Open mySQL Do Until myrecset.EOF ...

Setup error
Hi after installing GP...I have to run GP utility for the first time to create the GP database but I have the following when I run the utitlity for the first time. "The stored procedure createStatusTable() of form duSQLInstall: 64 Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 911, Great Plains:0" After that I have the followng "The stored procedure startTheProcess() of form duSQLInstall: 185: Pass through SQL returned the following results : DBMS :0, Great Plains : 0" I have tried checking and unchecking "Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers" in ODBC. In additio...

How to forcely remove or overwrite an open excel file
Hi, We gather data form various excel files accross our network and combine them. However, we can't proceed if a user left a file open as it generates an error. We can't ignore such file so is there any way to get the file copied to a different location then close the original and replace it with a copy? Every time we try to do this we get Access denied error if the file is open. Your help would be highly appreciated. Peter Are you opening the other workbooks from code or manually in Excel? If you're opening them in VBA code, you can open them in Read Only mo...

Error 3167 recordset is deleted
There are 7 people using a database but only one person keeps getting this error msg. what could be the problem? -- Ruth ...

error 2102 and 2107
Hi I'm using Exchange 2003 sp2 on a Windows 2003 server. Since a few weeks, once in a while (maybe 1 per 2 weeks) my exchange server is logging those errors Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2107 Date: 1/16/2006 Time: 3:21:37 AM User: N/A Computer: MASTER1 Description: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=4528). DSAccess failed to obtain an IP address for DS server portail.master.ca, error 11001. This host will not be used as a DS server by DSAccess. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event I...

Server Error in '/' Application. 01-16-06
Hi There; We upgraded our CRM from 1.2 to version 3.0 today,we now get the below error when attempting to connect to CRM. The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 with SQL2000 SP4. Your comments would be appreciated. :) Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ComponentModel...

After installing multiple updates, error code 0xC80001F
I have been installing multiple updates (due to computer restore). During this last set of updates, I noticed that there were a few that said they weren't installed (failed) successfully. I went back to the installed updates info, but there were no items that showed "failed". When I tried to go back to the Windows Update Home page, I received this error code [Error number: 0xC80001FE]. I do not have a 3rd party anti-virus or firewall active right now. I have done nothing following the installation of updates. -- Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing tha...

Microsoft SBS 2003 with CRM error
Hello I have an SBS 2003, R2 SP1 server running CRM that causes two errors every minute (exactly every 60 seconds). They coinside 60 seconds from the time I restart the CRM Exchange Router service. The first error is a Dcom error in the System log and the second is a MSCRMExRouterService error in the application log. As they happen every minute, both logs are a sea of red and fill very quickly. (CRM and the server actually run fine and no actual issue has occured at the server or client end, just the event logs) Event Type: Error Event Source: DCOM Event Category: None Event ID: 10016 Date:...

writting text on visio
I want to add text to the body of my Visio 2003 network diagram I don't know how to do that. ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

Does Requery "Go back" to the remote Databse after I do an Open ? #3
I am using SQL Server 2000. If I do a cRecordSet "Open" that gets all the records of the table and later on I do a Requery, does the Requery go back to the remote Databse in SQL Server 2000 ? I don't have a way of testing this. Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Advance Filter Errors
When using Advanced Filters for Rail “Day Validity Profiles” (DVP) i.e. The days of the week that a Train is Timetabled (shown below), I have asked for a filter showing only certain DVPs... It is also showing others. Example: Data including all DVPs are filtered by only those that include Mondays (MO, TX, WX, ThX, FX, MTO, MWO, MThO, MFO, TWX, TThX, MWX, TFX, WThX, WFX, ThFX). The results (for no reason I can fathom) include “MX”. Does anyone know if there are known issues with this, or if there are, if there are known solutions? Standard DVPs MO Monday Only TO Tuesday Only WO Wednesday...

Browser Client
I believe this is the same problem that has previously been reported in the thread "Outlook Client - Compilation error" We have upgraded our 1.2 server to 3.0, however the upgrade was not successful, so was uninstalled. It was re-installed, but to a different location. Now we are getting the error: Compiler Error Message: CS1595: 'Microsoft.Crm.MainApplication' is defined in multiple places; using definition from 'd:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e9ed75a0\cf6023fa\assembly\dl2\ba43147f\00445032_8f99c301\Microsoft.Crm.Applic...

How Do I Do This In Visio?
Hi All, Quick question. I have been given the task of drawing a map of all our sites using Visio. My Manager wants me to make it so that when a user moves their mouse over each site, the IP info, # of users, etc. appears on the screen. Can someone tell me how I can do this using Visio. Thanks in advance, Vik well you might start here for a stencil http://www.shapesource.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=37 Then you can use the Insert Comment. Pretty basic. Better stuff is coming, you might want to check this out http://blogs.msdn.com/eric%5Frockey/ so you don't spend a lot o...

Visio
The "Nudge" command in Visio should not move Dynamic Connectors when the Text Box Tool is active. It should only "Nudge" text contained in the Text Box in my opinion. Thanks. ...

Error opening database
Hi, I am have PC with Access 97 and 2003 installed. The mdb extension is et to 97. I am opening a 2003 mdb via a win form written in vb. the database opens and the tries instantiate a DAO global database object. A reference to DAO 3.51 exists. But on the OpenDatabase of the following code I get a "unjrecognized database format" error. I think it has to with 97 but don't know why. rotsey Global gobjWSjet As DAO.Workspace '--Jet workspace object Global gobjDBjet As DAO.Database '--Jet database object Set gobjWSjet = CreateWorks...