Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open

The following message displays:

Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open 
First try closing and reopening the file.  Next try restarting Visio.


This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's 
computer that has the same version of Visio.  

The suggested action makes no difference.

I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they 
encounter the same error message.  

Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created.

Anyone have any insights for me please?

0
DesignUI (1)
4/22/2009 5:24:02 AM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

7 Replies
2969 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 35

Did you find a resolution for the internal error #2131: Action 1002:  I am 
getting error message as well and can't find a fix.  Any help would be 
appreciated.

"DesignUI" wrote:

> The following message displays:
> 
> Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open 
> First try closing and reopening the file.  Next try restarting Visio.
> 
> 
> This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's 
> computer that has the same version of Visio.  
> 
> The suggested action makes no difference.
> 
> I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they 
> encounter the same error message.  
> 
> Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created.
> 
> Anyone have any insights for me please?
> 
0
Stephanie (81)
5/20/2009 11:35:01 PM
My little collection of Visio error explanations says about

"Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":

"When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of 
windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are 
different."

So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale 
settings.

Hope that helps
Dieter



stephanie wrote:
> Did you find a resolution for the internal error #2131: Action 1002:  I am 
> getting error message as well and can't find a fix.  Any help would be 
> appreciated.
> 
> "DesignUI" wrote:
> 
>> The following message displays:
>>
>> Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open 
>> First try closing and reopening the file.  Next try restarting Visio.
>>
>>
>> This message displays when I try to open a file created on someone else's 
>> computer that has the same version of Visio.  
>>
>> The suggested action makes no difference.
>>
>> I have since tried it on a couple of other people's laptops and they 
>> encounter the same error message.  
>>
>> Yet I can open it OK on the laptop where the file was created.
>>
>> Anyone have any insights for me please?
>>
0
dst (4)
5/21/2009 12:10:55 PM
On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
<dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>
>"Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>
>"When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of 
>windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are 
>different."
>
>So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale 
>settings.

I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
versions of all the cell formulae.


-- 

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
0
5/23/2009 6:24:57 PM
Paul Herber wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
> 
>> My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>>
>> "Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>>
>> "When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of 
>> windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are 
>> different."
>>
>> So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale 
>> settings.
> 
> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
> versions of all the cell formulae.
> 

Paul,

basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
Action 1283 vs Action 1002
So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when 
using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.

Dieter
0
dst (4)
5/24/2009 11:21:56 AM
On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:21:56 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
<dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>Paul Herber wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
>> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>> 
>>> My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>>>
>>> "Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>>>
>>> "When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of 
>>> windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are 
>>> different."
>>>
>>> So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale 
>>> settings.
>> 
>> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
>> versions of all the cell formulae.
>> 
>
>Paul,
>
>basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
>http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
>Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
>Action 1283 vs Action 1002
>So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
>I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when 
>using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.

Might be worth trying to set the Windows decimal separator to '.'
(assuming you are using the normal German ',' separator).
Or email the file to me and I'll see if I can open it with the English
version of Visio and English language settings.

paul
at
pherber
dot
com


-- 

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio     http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
0
5/24/2009 3:53:50 PM
Paul Herber wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:21:56 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
> 
>> Paul Herber wrote:
>>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
>>> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>> My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>>>>
>>>> "Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>>>>
>>>> "When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of 
>>>> windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are 
>>>> different."
>>>>
>>>> So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale 
>>>> settings.
>>> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
>>> versions of all the cell formulae.
>>>
>> Paul,
>>
>> basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
>> http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
>> Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
>> Action 1283 vs Action 1002
>> So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
>> I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when 
>> using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.
> 
> Might be worth trying to set the Windows decimal separator to '.'
> (assuming you are using the normal German ',' separator).
> Or email the file to me and I'll see if I can open it with the English
> version of Visio and English language settings.

I'am not quite sure, who's addressed by this post :-)
stephanie has had the initial problem. I just wanted to help.
The problem with RGB formulas has been solved by using FormulaU within 
our addin.

Dieter
0
dst (4)
5/24/2009 5:22:26 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2009 19:22:26 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
<dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:

>Paul Herber wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:21:56 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
>> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>> 
>>> Paul Herber wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 21 May 2009 14:10:55 +0200, Dieter Sternberg
>>>> <dst@answeronlytogroup.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> My little collection of Visio error explanations says about
>>>>>
>>>>> "Visio internal error: # 2131: Action 1002: open":
>>>>>
>>>>> "When a shapesheet has been created/modified in a version of 
>>>>> windows/Visio where the decimal separator or the list separator are 
>>>>> different."
>>>>>
>>>>> So your computer and the other peoples laptops may have different locale 
>>>>> settings.
>>>> I thought this sort of thing would be handled by the Universal
>>>> versions of all the cell formulae.
>>>>
>>> Paul,
>>>
>>> basically I was referring to an earlier post of yours
>>> http://help.wugnet.com/office2/internal-error-2131-ftopict827162.html
>>> Well, looking closer to the text there's a different action id involved.
>>> Action 1283 vs Action 1002
>>> So this tip may be misleading here. Sorry for that. Was just a thought.
>>> I remember vaquely that we have been running into this problem when 
>>> using RGB formulas - and not using FormulaU with them.
>> 
>> Might be worth trying to set the Windows decimal separator to '.'
>> (assuming you are using the normal German ',' separator).
>> Or email the file to me and I'll see if I can open it with the English
>> version of Visio and English language settings.
>
>I'am not quite sure, who's addressed by this post :-)
>stephanie has had the initial problem. I just wanted to help.
>The problem with RGB formulas has been solved by using FormulaU within 
>our addin.

Hi Dieter,
I was addressing the OP but I don't have the original post any more. I
wonder whether the OP will be back. Most don't return.
But, yes, it could be that a cell.formula has been set to contain a
formula amd maybe the FormulaU is set the same.


-- 

Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics Packages for Visio     http://www.electronics-packages.sandrila.co.uk/
0
5/24/2009 5:48:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel Startup Error
When I click on a excel document the computer hangs for about 2 seconds, then opens excel with no document displayed. If I first ope excel (click on the .exe) and then open a dcoument, no problem. I als have the same issue with Word. Have tried repairing Office installation, removing and reinstallin excell, deleted all .xla files - nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- philale ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philalex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View ...

Excel 2007 painfully slow to open files
Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) files by double clicking either the file or a shortcut. If I have Excel open and go through the ribbon menu to open the file from within Excel it opens immediately - it is only slow when opening a file via shortcut or double clicking the file with Excel closed. Is there a fix for this? Wowbagger wrote: > Having upgraded to Office 2007 (XP Pro, 1 Gb RAM Pentium 4 2.4GHz) I am > finding Excel to be painfully slow even when opening small (50k) f...

I cannot open Publisher
Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open Publisher. I continue to get a message that reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is full" on and on when I try to open Publisher. I have not been able to find any information on the support pages regarding this particular message. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from skiefer <lvcfstscott@enter.net>... > Can anyone tell me why I suddenly cannot even open > Publisher. I continue to get a message that > reads "Windows is low on memory or your hard disk is f...

Hide Outlook messages error
Hi, is it possible to hide the error window for a particular internet account. I've this problem: an internal POP3 mail server doesn't support shared access to a single mailbox. This mailbox is needed to receive faxes and all user check this mailbox every 2 minutes. The problem (for users work) is raised when the error window appear too many times in a day... May is it possible to hide this windows via registry settings or other else? thanks in advance. Massimo Artini No, not possible. Better is to lower the frequency users check the mailbox. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

Can't open hyperlink in Outlook Express
Hello friends. My father-in-law (80+ yrs. old) can't open any hyperlinks in e-mails. I'm trying to help, but have no clue. Is it something in his security settings in Outlook Express? I know the links work because I'm sending them to him in e-mails. I can click on my sent message and the hyperlink works fine. Thanks for any help. ...

error installing Analysis Cubes for dynamics GP 10 on seperate ser
hi, We try to install Analysis cubes for Dynamics GP 10 (SQL server 2005) on a separate Server Scenario. We installed all software required as described in the installation guide on both the server (Microsoft Dynamics GP Server & Analysis Cubes Server). When we start the setup on the "Analysis Cube Server", we got the error GP clients tools or server tools should be installed, we installed GP. After Installing GP, setup started and we finished the installation Process of Analysis Cubes for Dynamics. And we started the Analysis Cubes for Dynamics GP Configuration Wizard...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

Error 80090349
Hi, I have a problem with exchange 2003, when i want to create a folder under public folder, or when i right click on public folder and choose system folders i get this Error: The Certificate is not valid for Requested useg. ID no: 80090349 System manager. I have the Adminstrater, Domain Admin and Exchange Admin rights. Any Idea? Thanks, Shahin This is the closest I could find.....http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/ publicfolders.mspx#Error80090301 "Shahin" <Shahin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37A27FE6-997A-4339-AC2C-35...

Cannot access outlook.pst error
I run Win 98 and Outlook 2002 on my computer. All the sudden all the mail sent for the last 7 days starts showing up again in my INBOX. After that I cannot delete or move anything without the error message "The file c:\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied" How can I fix this problem? ...

Open Transactions
I recently created an invoic and posted the transaction. Then I created a payment and posted the payment. The payment still appears as Open. When I run an aged trial balance this transaction still appears as open. I figured out part of the problem. When I made the payment I did not apply the invoice to the payment. If I try to apply the invoice to the payment GP will not allow me because I'm using a posting date of a closed period in December. "Jason" wrote: > I recently created an invoic and posted the transaction. Then I created a > payment and posted the pa...

Open the Linked Table Manager from Button (?)
Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a button click? -- Thanks, croy croy wrote: >Is there a way to open the Linked Table Manager from a >button click? DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdLinkedTableManager Even if that does what you ask, you should never expose thw link table manager to users. If they are not experts in linking tables, they can make a serious mess of things. Way better for you to use code to do the (re)linking based on a user selected file path. To select file/path see: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm Then to relink the ta...

Problem opening office xp excel files
Hi all, I have office xp and when I click on an excel file, Excel will run bu it doesn't open the file, it leaves it empty and gray. Problem goe away if I do file, open, filename. Can anybody help? This problem happens to all my excel files, not just a particular one Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try Tools / Options / General / If 'Ignore other Applications' is checked then uncheck it. -- Regards Ken..........................

What is <IDispatch error #32> error and <Memory is locked.> error?
Hello, I installed an Event Sink as a COM+ Application on my Exchange machine that sends an email to a specific user named "exchangeconnector" whenever something is changed in the calendar of another specific user "exchangeuser". I did the appropriate event registration for this event sink and the events seem to be successfully triggering the event sink, as I can see new events being logged to the system event log when I create new appointments in exchangeuser's calendar. But the problem is that while the event sink tries to send an email to exchangeconnector...

Name could not be resolved error.....
Hi Have a strange problem, where I can set up mail accounts, and use these fine, but if I try to add a mailbox in the Open These Additional Mailboxes field, I immediately get an error "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" This is before ive even tried to resolve a name, its as I click Add, the error just appears, so you dont even get a chance to put a name in there. Any ideas what could have caused this? it seems to be after we ran the move server wizard and moved the server with these accounts on into a new site. Thanks Graham ...

login errors #2
When trying to login I am getting this error: Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. Please try again later. Thus it will not allow me to login. Any suggestions? Try clearing any user stuck in SY00800 "sajlnp" wrote: > When trying to login I am getting this error: > > Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. > Please try again later. > > > Thus it will not allow me to login. > > Any suggestions? Hello Have you tried to run Dynamics Utilities? It seems that you have an unfinish...

BCM to CRM Migration Error
I am getting an unexpected error, trying to migrate Business Contact Manger to CRM 3.0. Here is the log. Can anyone help? 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Arteco_Vision_Systems_MSCRM 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/24/2007 9:56:11 AM------>Checking existence of EntityIdMap table in CDF database: Success ...

Attachments error
Can anyone help me out here, when I'm trying to send an excel worksheet as an attachment, I get a Windows XP error dialog informing me that one or more attachments couldn't be opened due to beiong out of memory and suggests I close any open applications. However the only applications open is Excel.?!?!? HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY !!! thanks one and all. Matt Manchester England. ...

secure internal mail
we are using exchange 2000 with POP3 users. I wants internel users to first authenticate before sending message. I tried POP before SMTP setting but it is working for external users. Internally or locally it is not working. How can i restrict internal user to first authenticate then send mail to another user of same domain You can set this in virtual server properties. Keep in mind that once spammers find out valid credentials they will use your server as relay. Faisal wrote: > we are using exchange 2000 with POP3 users. I wants internel users to first > authenticate before sendin...

Need help with Outllook Laptop client install error
Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". Any help with problem would very much be appreciated. Bob At what point in the installation does it fail? Was SQL Express installed before the CRM client? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Bob" wrote: > Attempting to install the laptop client and the SQL Server 2005 Express > Edition fails with the follow message, "Unknown exit code 29559". > > Any help with problem would very much be apprec...

Open workbook without running Workbook_Open Event
I'm using Excel 2007. How do I open a workbook (the workbook is a .xls 97-2003 format) WITHOUT running the Workbook_Open event? I tried holding down the SHIFT key while opening as this worked in previous versions of Excel, but the event still runs (unfortunately, there is an ActiveWorkbook.Close at the end of my code so I can't get in to modify it :( I'm sure there is a simple way to do this in 2007 but I do not know it. Thanks for the help. Hi Domenick I read more about this problem Works OK for me when I use Office Button>Open and hold the Shift key Chang...

how do I turn off requesting scan when opening Excel (Office XP)
Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins which I use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to "lowest", but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the Office Plugin that comes with it. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information. ch...

OWA error after update
Hello, About two weeks ago I updated our Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2003 without any problem. I setup OWA to use Forms Based Authentication & SSL and everything was working great. I just updated Windows to 2003 from 2000 and am now unable to use OWA. When I try to get to the OWA login page I get a message that says '440 Login Timeout'. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve I would revert to without Forms Based and SSL and then progress from there since that is easier to troubleshoot. Without SSL and Forms based. Does it work? If not can you at least acc...

Formula display errors
I recently posted a query regarding a spreadsheet which displayed "#N/A" in error from a reference to a worksheet in another spreadsheet - but only when the source spreadsheet wasn't open. Suffice to say the formula is a straight =(a cell in another worksheet in another spreadsheet) which works OK in other cells. The formats in the source worksheet were copied down but the error persisted in only the one cell. Formats in both the source and target cells were copied down again resulting in the error persisting in only the one cell. I found that the problem resolved by d...

macro to continue running if error
Hi, I have the following macro that is working fine. It is looking at a specified worksheet array and executing the macro "Filter" on each worksheets. However, in case one of the worksheet is not existing, I would like the macro to pass the non existing worksheet and continue running on the next available worksheet. I tried adding the following statement: "On Error Resume Next" at the beginning but it is passing everything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sub UpdateAll() For Each sh In Worksheets(Array("1", "2", "3", ...

Resolving KDC error... which SPN do I remove???
Hi all. Using the LDAP tool I have found that my domain controller and my admin account have two matching Service Prinicipal Names. HOST/COMPUTER NAME Host/COMPUTER NAME.mydomain.com Everything that I have read tells me to delete the duplicate SPN. How do I know which item to remove the duplicate from? Do I remove it from the Domain Controller or the Admin account? Thanks for any help! Hank Hank, did you have any luck this, can you share how to resolve the KDC error? thanx, Joe "Hank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f5ca01c457c1$50fe3c...