Visio - important task

Hi,

I have a very important presentation to give and am planning to give using
visio but however am new to visio environment.

Thepresentation is about say the task carried by 2 companies during a
project that is the 2 companies share different responsibilities during
project implementation

The flow is:

Comany A
 Task 1

Comapany B
Task 2
Task 3

Company A

Task 4

Company B
Task 5
Task 6

The flow can be analogous to a computer program flow

Can anyone help me how 2 implement in visio??

0
Singh (20)
4/11/2008 5:15:01 PM
visio 3638 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_A4AC1F58

Don't see a previous answer on this, so I'll suggest that a
Cross-Functional flowchart might help you out.
When you launch the template, choose to create 2 'bands', and let each band
represent one of your Companies.
Then you can map the process flow by placing the proper flowchart shape in
the band for the Company that owns the task, while maintaining the flow.

This help topic on creating Cross Functional Flowcharts should help as well
: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HP012076771033.aspx

Barb Way
Product Support - Visio
Microsoft Corporation
[This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.]
--------------------
From: = <raj gj singh@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: Visio - important task
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:15:01 -0700

Hi,

I have a very important presentation to give and am planning to give using
visio but however am new to visio environment.

Thepresentation is about say the task carried by 2 companies during a
project that is the 2 companies share different responsibilities during
project implementation

The flow is:

Comany A
 Task 1

Comapany B
Task 2
Task 3

Company A

Task 4

Company B
Task 5
Task 6

The flow can be analogous to a computer program flow

Can anyone help me how 2 implement in visio??

------=_NextPart_0001_A4AC1F58

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Don't see a previous answer on this, so I'll suggest that a Cross-Functional flowchart might help you out.
\par When you launch the template, choose to create 2 'bands', and let each band represent one of your Companies.
\par Then you can map the process flow by placing the proper flowchart shape in the band for the Company that owns the task, while maintaining the flow.
\par
\par This help topic on creating Cross Functional Flowcharts should help as well : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HP012076771033.aspx
\par
\par Barb Way
\par Product Support - Visio
\par Microsoft Corporation
\par [This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.]
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: = <raj gj singh@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: Visio - important task
\par Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:15:01 -0700
\par
\par Hi,
\par
\par I have a very important presentation to give and am planning to give using
\par visio but however am new to visio environment.
\par
\par Thepresentation is about say the task carried by 2 companies during a
\par project that is the 2 companies share different responsibilities during
\par project implementation
\par
\par The flow is:
\par
\par Comany A
\par  Task 1
\par
\par Comapany B
\par Task 2
\par Task 3
\par
\par Company A
\par
\par Task 4
\par
\par Company B
\par Task 5
\par Task 6
\par
\par The flow can be analogous to a computer program flow
\par
\par Can anyone help me how 2 implement in visio??
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_A4AC1F58--

0
barbway (115)

import data from Oracle database into Excel using vba
Has anyone an example of importing data from an Oracle database into Excel using VBA? ...

Can't import msg file
Just ran across something that I hope can be fixed. I have a number of saved ".msg" files that I nee to import into Outlook (2003). These files were created using "Save as..." from Outlook 2003 on another machine and selecting the option to save as ".msg". The files import as they should when I drag and drop them into Outlook. However, I managed to break one of them and I don't know how to fix it. I decided to open it with Notepad to take a look at the headers and other info. I did not edit anything at all. Didn't touch it. I simply scrolled up and...

Importing from a Notepad file
I want to import data from a comma separated Notepad file. When I import into Excel I find that the leading zeroes are dropped and I don't want this to happen. I have some fields that should be "000" not "0". Is there a way to import without losing all these zeroes? When youi Import or open a *.txt file the Text Wiizard will pop up and in Step 3 under Column Data Format you can select Text. Leading zeros will be held. Gord On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:07:53 -0800 (PST), cnelson@north-reading.k12.ma.us wrote: >I want to import data from a comma separated Notepad fil...

Mailbox store drop down is blank in Exchange Task Wizard
I'm running Exchange 2003 tools on Windows XP sp2, and we're managing an Exchange 2000 install. For some reason, when I try to add mailbox to a user account in ADUC, the mailbox store dropdown list is blank. (Alias and Server fields are populated) This used to work. I've tried installing the 2003 admin tools on a new workstation (minus recent security patches), and still have the same issues. It seems to be network related and not permissions, as I can log on to the Exchange server directly, using the same credentials as my desktop, and the Exchange task Wizard does display th...

Importing Outlines
I am using a trial version of Publisher 2007. We have outlines which we want to import into publisher. They are originally done in WordPerfect X3 then saved as Word. When opened in Word the numbers and levels are present. When this file is imported into Publisher the numbers and letters are lost. Our old Publisher 2000 would bring them in if we copied and pasted, but not import file. This is an important feature so is there any way to get a two or three level outline into Publisher 2007 Try this: Import your Word document, click apply a template from the task pane (the blank te...

MS CRM 4
Hi, We're using MS CRM 4.0. When we try to import customizations for a custom entity we keep getting the following error "Either the file could not be uploaded or import failed". It also says "The requested record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it." We have already spent many hours trying to solve this, but without any success. Please help !!! Hi, This error typically comes when format of customization file is not proper. Can you please provide me more details. Please tell the details about system from which you have exporte...

Import from another spreadsheet
I am trying to update a very large spreadsheet (100k + records) with a updated spreadsheet. The original spreadsheet is the property record for the county that I live in. The new sheet is an update of propertie sold. Each sheet uses a unique "PIN" (Property Indentity Number) fo every property record in the county. How do I match the "PIN's" from the new sheet to the old sheet. I woul only want to import and update three filelds ("Sale Year", "Sale Month" and "Sale Price") from the new sheet to the old sheet. Thanks, Rob Caldwel -- home...

Importing contacts into specific folder
I would like to be able to import a csv contact file from another program into a specific folder in Windows Mail, rather than have them dumped into all of my exiting contacts. Is that possible? No, that's not possible. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "chefcindy" wrote in message = news:4F49B593-DB45-4E39-9E30-034505DBFA94@microsoft.com... I would like to be able to import a csv contact file from another = program into a specific folder in Windows Mail, rather than have them dumped = into all of my exiting contacts. Is that possible?=20 ...

Importing emails from one profile to another
How do you and can you import emails within Microsoft Outlook, from one profile to another? ...

How to import address list tables into Excel
I have an address list in Word that looks like this: ____________________________________ | Mr Smith | | 34 swanky st. | | Bufftton 3454-123 | | UK | |___________________________________| | Fat Bread Co. | | Attn. Justin Jock | | 453 Long Drive | | Staten Island | | 232434...

Shutdown Outlook 2003 using Task Scheduler
Is this possible with XPH? I have recently loaded Shutdown Addin v1.8 which helps Outlook exit, or forces it down if necessary, when Outlook is manually shutdown. Unfortunately Shutdown Addin does not have scheduling capabilities - at least not that I know of. Thanx in advance for any input. SteveN Steve You can do with VB, VB Script etc. In VB it looks like this: Private Sub Form_Load() Command$ Dim explor As Object Dim olapp As Object Set olapp = GetObject("", "outlook.application") If Not (olapp Is Nothing) Then If (Command$ = "minimi...

Set task subject in workflow
Hi! I have created a workflow in CRM 4.0 which creates a reminder task every time a case is created. The task subject is based on the task subject and created when I convert an email to a case. I would like to be able to change the case subject, save the case and then let the workflow create the task. Often the customer creates email with subject "Problem" or "Error" which isn't a helpful case subject. How can I let the task creation be "delayed" so that I can correct the case subject and then get a correct task subject? ...

pasting enhanced metafile into Visio 2003 doesn't work, but does in Visio 2000!
Hi I am using an application that generates enhanced metafiles. Pasting them into Visio 2000 works fine. Pasting into Visio 2003 gives the error message 'error (905) the metafile is poorly constructed'. What's the difference between the two versions, metafile-wise? Do you think Visio 2003 is 'stricter' and that Visio 2000 was accepting non-properly constructed files?! Bit confused - grateful for any pointers. Emma Middlebrook emma_middlebrook@fastmail.fm I've never seen that error before. The big difference between the two versions is that Visio 2002 and 2003 us...

Can't Import .pst file
I had to have my laptop repaired. It was suggested that I back up everything before sending it in. So I did. I am now trying to reinstall all the programs and data that was erased during the repair. I backed up my Outlook (before repair) using the Import/Export in Outlook and saved it on DVD. I have been trying to restore the data but it wont let me. If I try to Import from the DVD I get the message: "File access Denied: You don't have the permission required to access the file D:\Outlook.pst." Okay. Than I tried moving the file off of the DVD into my Documents folder on m...

Have tasks automatically show up on calendar
Running SharePoint 2007 Is there a way to have items added to a task list automaically show up on the site's calendar? And if so, would I be able to edit the task by cliking on it from within the calendar? -- Richard ------=_NextPart_0001_F9B4ACB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This feature is not available OOB as the content type are different on both lists. However it might be possible to achieve it through SharePoint object model. Sharing in as is condition: You may be interested in http://intelligantt.blogspot.com/2009/01/viewing-...

Importing a Web Query
Hi everybody, I have a little problem when importing a web query. I go to the the Data menu and choose the "New Web Query" option. Then I go the following page: http://www.banxico.org.mx and click on the "Mercado cambiario" link then I clic on the yellow arrow that is on the left of the data I want to import (in this case it is just the money exchange rate) . When I click on the Import button, it imports the data but also puts a legend on the left that says "Obteniendo datos ..." (in English "Getting data ..."). I don't know hoy to modify thi...

Importing macros from Excel97 to 2000
Every time I used to open a new file in Excel 97, my macros were accessible. However, now that I "upgraded" to 2000, it seems as though I have to import my personal macros every time I want to use them. (When I close Excel and reopen it, they disappear again.) Is there any way to save the macros so that they are available to all Excel files every time I open Excel? My guess is that Excel 2000 isn't looking at your existing personal.xls file, because it's in a directory associated with the Excel 97 program. When I upgraded to Excel 2000, I created a new personal.xls fil...

How do I mark a task so that it is not a part of my evm calculatio
I am responsible for tracking projects that require deliverable reviews by the customer. I have to have that task in the project schedule with the associated time but do not want the task to count towards the EVM calculations for my company. Is there a way to mark the task so that the time is excluded? I am assuming that the resource for the task is set to $0 so that it won't show up in the financials, but am not 100% sure. I am using MSP 2003, but have access to MSP2007. Is there a resource for using EVM with MSP that anyone recommends? Thanks for your help. Doug ...

Import transactions from online bank
I am using MS Money 2001. My bank doesn't offer a direct link to be able to import transactions directly into MS Money. I have a choice to either download to a file, then import into Money, or I can open Money, brose to my banks online account info, then download to Monay. Reading the MS site tells me that once I get the message that says Import Successful, I will be taken to the screen to view the transactions. I can't find this screen. I go to "View Downloaded Balances", but my imported data is not there. At one point I was able to import from a file, but I don't ...

HELP: Connecting Visio and Database
hi there In order to generate some reports I have to color a map containing 1000 shapes. The manual way is just a no-go, so I decided to connect the drawing with some kind of a database (Access or Excel). I made some experiments; however with no real success. Can anybody give me some advises: - Is it even possible to connect a Visio drawing with 1000 shapes with an Excel-Sheet on a PC with 128MB RAM? - Is there any tutorial documentation for that specific purpose available (preferably on the Web)? - Is there a book recommendation that is covering exactly this topic? - Is there anybody, tha...

Visio 2002 Service Pack Update
Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects the problem with file sizes increasing after being saved in Visio 2002 SP2. The fix is posted as a hotfix patch that gets applied on top of Service Pack 2. You can get the update here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;890668 -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Mark Nelson [MS] wrote: > Microsoft has released an update to Visio 2002 Service Pack 2 that corrects > the problem with file sizes inc...

Use this important update for Windows
--oygrkjphbs Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fsveuaegtt"; type="multipart/alternative" --fsveuaegtt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="esrvjidpsty" --esrvjidpsty Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect y...

Importing Palm Dates into Outlook Calendar
Is it possible to do so from Palm in old computer to Outlook in new computer? Thanks. It would depend on the Palm software you are using. Chapura's Pocketmirror does this quite well. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Christian R Nash asked: | Is it possible to do so from Palm in old computer to Outlook in new | computer? | | Thanks. In news:4992D68B-872F-497B-A319-72755554A1DB@microsoft.com, Christian R ...

Error Importing XML Schema
Has anyone managed to import a customsiation XML file from one BETA release to another? Everytime I try i get javascript "object expected errors". I have added the OLEDBTimeout expiry to my registry but i still have the same problem. Thanks Jo The schemas changed between the various Beta releases. The only supported path for the customizations was from the EAP build to RTM. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jo" <email.johughes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133369927.883433.326600@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... Has anyone managed to import a customsia...

Tasks, calendar and e-mail on the same window
I would like to find an add-on template which can combine those 3 components in the same window. I tried the FranklinCovey PlanPlus for Outlook which includes e-mail, notes and calendar, but not tasks. This is getting close to what I'd consider as a good compromise, but with the addition of the Tasks I'll be more productive. Any suggestions where I can find one like that will be very appriciated. Bruce C <BruceC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to find an add-on template which can combine those 3 > components in the same window. I tried the Frankli...